FE3 Book 1 & Book 2 Low Turns Run (BOOK 1 COMPLETE)

Espinosa

Book 2 Planning  

15 members have voted

1. 1. MVP of the future Book 2 run?

2. 2. (tick everyone who matters) Units to be trained for longterm use

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your anti-Mediuth strategy gonna be?

Kashim will hopefully have sufficient wlv to kill Mediuth.

And yeah, I guess the only reason to obtain the Silver Card is to show off that it can be done while LTCing, sorta like when I LTC'd FE7 I'd do stuff like steal Vulneraries just to show the range of objectives that could be simultaneously accomplished within the lowest turns.

When does the drugs store appear?

In Fire Emblem Fates.

So I've been thinking about the possible ways of killing Camus, and I wonder which stat boosters Marth really requires for the following chapters. His offence is already comparable to promoted Abel, and he hasn't really got any powerful bosses left to kill - others will be doing that. However, there's Chiki's map where Marth and Chainey having good stats will be extremely important, not to mention Gharnef's map with the powerful clones and heroes. Will he need the shield and/or the robe to not die there?

My worry is that DK!Sheeda gains no HP upon promotion and will simply become a 17 HP draco if she doesn't proc any vitality until then. She needs +6 hp/def in order to take a Gradius counter from the boss. Minerva, on the other hand, needs just one defensive proc to take a counter, and should double pretty easily since she's already got 18 speed after getting the first ring. I should probably be able to get Abel closer to the boss by turn 4 though, even if Abel's statistic advantage won't be that big over fliers (he's got the best HP in the party however).

Edited by Espinosa

Oh well, I guess the RNG remains just as enigmatic as ever. If an EP countercrit seems to always result in the proc that might be something to rely on, but it's effectively back to square one wrt figuring out how the first raw RN is actually determined here.

Edited by Topazd

Chapter 11 has been successfully 5-turned. Kashim got a str/wlv levelup and will level up whenever he gets exp in the desert chapter, so that's another chance to get him a +wlv level. He'll be 2 points of wlv short of getting to Partia if he procs the stat once more. Marth emerges as the unit with the best offence in the party afterwards. The Power Ring remains unused as of the beginning of C12. I'm sure I'm not doing my team any favours by postponing the time I use it, so I better decide fast what to do with it.

Hey Horace,

How vital is Minerva killing the silver sword Hero on turn 1 EP to have Chainey advance an extra two squares on that turn (Minerva could always retreat or fly away the next turn to let him run towards Marth)? Because she can neither double nor 2HKO that Hero (and, in fact, cannot double with a silver lance at all; requiring 20 mounted AS to double with a silver sword and no less than 18 mounted strength for a 2HKO).

Mine does have 18 spd after a ring so 20 shouldn't be impossible if you really focus on giving her levels. You only need 16 to double with a slim lance anyway, but with 10 str she doesn't even 6HKO with a double crit. If this ORKO does turn out to be really important, I might have to feed Minerva my only Power Ring. I mean, why not, she'll probably be one of those attacking Camus anyway. Speaking of which, Chainey's 18 hp should render him useless for any serious bosskill strategies - he's too fragile to take a hit since Marth is still at base defence.

He's also needed to break walls of mooks so that Marth can seize, or reclaim treasure from thieves. Speaking of which, aren't you underestimating the stat requirements to stay alive in a warpless clear of Gharnef's chapter? Marth needs to be really bulky to withstand the three heroes + others, I bet.

You can lure at least one of the heroes away with Samson or another 7 move unit. You can kill the General and Sniper from over the walls with Castor/Wendall/whoever. You'll have a robe/dracoshield by that point too, and Marth should be at a decent level (if he's still at base defence you really should fix that too)

Rigging Marth +def levels will be hard because I also need to get Kashim wlv levels. Both are 20% growths, so that's a 4% chance of getting both on the same run (assuming they both level up only once). Surviving two hero attacks could well prove to be really difficult however. They have 18-20 atk each, so full HP Marth should be able to withstand two of these, but the Gharnefs should chip in too, and that'll hurt if one connects.

Just tested chapter 13 without Minerva ORKOing the Silver Sword Hero. Chainey can still reach him on turn 3 enemy phase no problem.

Meanwhile...

A little something from my chapter 11 attempts.

Rigging Marth +def levels will be hard because I also need to get Kashim wlv levels. Both are 20% growths, so that's a 4% chance of getting both on the same run (assuming they both level up only once). Surviving two hero attacks could well prove to be really difficult however. They have 18-20 atk each, so full HP Marth should be able to withstand two of these, but the Gharnefs should chip in too, and that'll hurt if one connects.

Just tested chapter 13 without Minerva ORKOing the Silver Sword Hero. Chainey can still reach him on turn 3 enemy phase no problem.

Meanwhile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47NVaYp0m0k

A little something from my chapter 11 attempts.

*sees video*

Unbelievable. As if I needed more fuel on the fire that is my general dislike of facing non-zero crit chances...

I think at this point Abel's stealing Sheeda's exp too. Might as well have invested heavily in Sheeda earlygame and then had Hardin as your main cav.

Considering the lack of stat boosters that Sheeda could benefit from early on, investing into her basically means having her ORKO doods with a Silver Lance. She did get plenty of strength levelups for me though, just not that many levelups in general and only, like, 2 HP levels so far.

I could've done what you suggested or, alternatively (since Abel pulling a Doga in C2 grants him 3 levels), not bothered with Sheeda so much (I did note she is basically replaceable in every single earlygame map) and gone with Abel+Minerva instead.

Killing Camus (and to a lesser extent Michael) is what makes training a really strong mounted unit so decisive right now and I'm basically torn between giving Sheeda Marth's robe and having her promote in C15, investing into Abel or investing into Minerva. Choosing one doesn't necessarily exclude another, though only one character will have to kill Michael, but ideally I think I want my boosters invested into one, at most two, character(-s).

It really sucks that promoting doesn't grant any extra HP though! Sheeda isn't surviving a counter from Camus at full HP unless she takes a robe.

He does, but he doesn't get the throne bonus even with Iote's, I think. 11 str Minerva should 4HKO him with a Killer Lance (he's got 8 lck).

As for Camus, I currently think I should try warping Marth in on an adjacent tile on turn 3 so that he can weaken Camus with the Mercurius. By then, I should've killed off the healers in the area, and somehow also killed one of the Paladins surrounding the boss without anyone else being in Camus's range. Thunder Swords should help me with that task - oh wait, they have high res... Crap. I don't think Horseman!Kashim can get there by turn 3, either.

I guess you could throw Javelins at them, haha. You'd also have Geo at this point to maybe simplify things a bit, it's a shame Minerva doesn't get any (practically useful, that is) supports.

I suppose if I throw 4 Javelins at once, that might kill one of them, especially if one of the attacks crits.

Just checked it, and Chiki cannot get to the Paladins around Camus by turn 3, and nor can Horseman Kashim (who will be too slow to actually double Kashim, I'm afraid, and could be OHKO'd, too...). Chiki could try finishing off Camus on the last turn, when Marth is expected to seize, since she does fixed 23 dmg and all, but the hit should be around 40% (maybe a coin flip chance if I am able to grab the two non-Geo orbs) so it seems like such a waste of time trying - Camus 2HKOs her pretty easily in return.

Hmmm... For an easy game, there sure are a lot of objectives to meet in terms of training characters for LTC purposes. Now doesn't that remind me of something... As much as people love emphasising about the caps being low at 20 and therefore simple to reach, who actually gets to said caps without boosters in LTC context? Well, I suppose Sheeda caps spd and lck pretty easily.

Just succeeded in securing such a chapter 12 clear where my levelups mostly didn't suck. Sheeda's sorta did, but she got one point of HP, which is already an accomplishment for her (well, not really but it's her third HP level and she's ready to promote!).

Overall, this is the funnest map to replay so far. The enemies always surprise you with something new every restart. One thing that did NOT surprise me, however, was the RNG for level-ups. It seemed like there were two sets of possible level-ups for each character gaining levels, with slight (if any) variations on some attempts, for example, Sheeda would always level in skl/spd/lck/wlv after ORKOing a Bishop with a Silver Lance, and she would do the same thing even if I had her act last (and not first) on that turn on another try.

Fed the Power Ring to Minerva, which I hope I won't be regretting later. I might try having her ORKO a Hero with a Slim Lance in the next chapter, as she now has the best offensive stats in the party, just so that it's easier to kill the dracos that ambush the party without being ripped to shreds by the silver sword Hero next turn. The thunder sword hero is more manageable with characters having res stats, MBarrier (lol FFT) and Pure Waters I bought last chapter.

Kashim is now 2 points of wlv away from getting to Partia, so I have good hopes for him having the necessary stats for Mediuth. Killing Camus may prove a lot more difficult however, but Abel's last level-up was actually a level-up, so he could provide some assistance there too, if contributions of Minerva alone are insufficient. Sheeda likely won't be engaging Camus since she needs to recruit Lawrence on turn 4 anyway! Doing the map with full recruitment sorta hints towards playing the game while allocating your resources to get to Marth/Abel/Minerva/Kashim, which I suppose I have been doing more or less accurately so far.