The Symbols

CaitlynMellark

Now that I look at them, doesn't Hoshido's symbol look like a sun?

And Nohr's symbol looks like two crescent moons?

Better than the mark of Grima looking like little fishes.

Which symbol belongs to which royals?

Or does the Dragon's vein symbol changes depending on where or which chapter it's used?

It depends on the "element" of the DV effect. E.g if you're burning something then you'll evoke the phoenix fire dragon, if you're freezing something then the ice/water dragon will appear etc. There're also 4 different colors of DV "hotspots" corresponding to each element.

Pretty sure the four Dragon's Vein symbols are meant to be an analogue to the Four Symbols and Four Benevolent Animals of Chinese mythology (which have a lot of parallels elsewhere in Asia as well).

​The four-legged furry ground symbol seems to combine the White Tiger with the Quilin (given the clawed tiger paws and draconic quilin-esque head). The one with what looks like a snake tail is actually the Black Tortoise (note the weird mass on its back), especially given the frequent depiction of the tortoise entwined with a serpent. The phoenix-looking one and the basic dragon are pretty self-explanatory though

Now that I look at them, doesn't Hoshido's symbol look like a sun?

And Nohr's symbol looks like two crescent moons?

Yeah, I think that they're supposed to look like that (moon and sun). Seeing that Nohr appears to be shrouded in some perpetual night and darkness and Hoshido always appears to be very bright and colourful it only makes sense. Maybe their symbols are way of further driving home their juxtaposed natures.

Where do these appear ingame? I don't remember seeing them anywhere. Though I did skip a scene or two by accident >,>

I'm not sure how true this statement is, so take it with a grain of salt.

I think that the Dark Dragon of Nohr symbol was the only one used because of

vs. Garon in Birthright/Hoshido.

I also heard that the Light Dragon of Hoshido and the Invisible Dragon of Touma were unused. However please, please, please take this knowledge with caution. These are only things that I've heard and seeing that I don't own the game I can not confirm it. I could be entirely wrong. If anybody does know which of those dragon symbols are used (and in what chapters) I'd love to heard about it though.