Nintendo Digital Event: FE Fates Video [Re-Upload, not new news]

Elieson

Today on nintendo's Youtube, a Digital Event video was reuploaded, featuring a slew of games including FE Fates;

https://youtu.be/C73f618-3pk?t=24m46s

Including English Voice Acting

I know it's old news but at least it's an official re-upload?

Edited by Elieson

Wait, didn't we already see this at E3? I didn't see anything new. Then again, I skipped through most of the video to find Fates, so I could have missed something...

Edited by Leif

Yea it's the same thing, I'm just spec'ing as to why their old E3 video was put on their youtube again (queue spec that it is just for advertising)

This is just E3. Nothing new to see. xP

Though I was glad to hear Azura's song again, I wanted to refresh my memory on more of the lyrics.

I think most of it is:

You are the ocean's great waves

Just and to seek

Life beyond the shore

Just out of reach

Yet the waters ever change

Flowing like time

Edited by Anacybele

Thanks for the post! I actually like Elise's English VA a lot more than her Japanese.

Not smt x FE,

Pop Idol Emblem, with hatsooney Meeku and those other waifus

Darn weebs! Ruining what I like!

[angrily shakes fist and continues to worship in shrine dedicated to Sigurd]

Takumi's voice happens to be the best along with Elise's. Also...with Chrom being in the SMTxFE game, he has a chance to be a playable character in Smash Bros 5.

Edited by Oboro

Takumi's voice happens to be the best along with Elise's. Also...with Chrom being in the SMTxFE game, he has a chance to be a playable character in Smash Bros 5.

I like Elize voice but for me she sounds not for her age after all. : P

I would say in english fates from what i hear in video is good, at least most of them : P (Still wonder what Zero VA will have lol)

This would be awesome if Fates appearing in this video means closer relese in english than we think this will be.

Its probably intentional that Elise "doesn't sound her age"…. or rather, its probable that the localization is aging Elise up to try to make the fact that she's S-rankable and can have kids during the game less problematic to general Western audiences.

Just like how in Bravely Default some of the characters were officially 15 in the Japanese version but became officially 18 in the North American localization, I wouldn't be surprised if they tacked several years on to Elise's age (and and also that of some other character) and then game them more mature voices to match.

Its quite transparent to us, somewhat farcical even, as we are aware of the original Japanese version, but that's probably what they're doing.

Anyways, I don't think there's any particular sign that Fates is closer to release, as the video is just the same as the old E3 content, which means that Fates hasn't received any special treatment in the re-upload.

Its probably intentional that Elise "doesn't sound her age"…. or rather, its probable that the localization is aging Elise up to try to make the fact that she's S-rankable and can have kids during the game less problematic to general Western audiences.

Just like how in Bravely Default some of the characters were officially 15 in the Japanese version but became officially 18 in the North American localization, I wouldn't be surprised if they tacked several years on to Elise's age (and and also that of some other character) and then game them more mature voices to match.

Its quite transparent to us, somewhat farcical even, as we are aware of the original Japanese version, but that's probably what they're doing.

Anyways, I don't think there's any particular sign that Fates is closer to release, as the video is just the same as the old E3 content, which means that Fates hasn't received any special treatment in the re-upload.

You're probably right, in both unfortunally, well we can just wait for now. : P

I want this game so bad tho. : s

They did the same to Lyn making her 18 when you first meet her instead of 15 because you can have her marry some of the guys, hilariously this was not needed as when you CAN have her marry via supports its after the two year time skip where she would be 18 anyways but is now 20 -_- not to mention that the marriages are all epilogue and only happen after the game and most likely after even more time has passed. And yet Nino was left at 14 sooo yeah makes no sense.

According to the video description, it was re-uploaded because Let's Super Mario has ended.

...Which seems like a really strange reason to re-upload the video, but whatever : P

I think it has something to do with them using cards, instead of annotations. I guess cards can't be modified, or not to the point where they need them to be modified.

This is just E3. Nothing new to see. xP

Though I was glad to hear Azura's song again, I wanted to refresh my memory on more of the lyrics.

I think most of it is:

Just and to seek

Life beyond the shore

Just out of reach

Flowing like time

Same here. I'm intrigued by how they've completely reinterpreted it rather than simply translated it. I'm pretty certain it's:

Destined to seek

Life beyond

The shore

Just out of reach

Flowing like time

The path is

Yours to try

Could use a little more rhyming, honestly. A song like this sounds really choppy without rhyme.

Same here. I'm intrigued by how they've completely reinterpreted it rather than simply translated it. I'm pretty certain it's:

Destined to seek

Life beyond

The shore

Just out of reach

Flowing like time

The path is

Yours to try

Could use a little more rhyming, honestly. A song like this sounds really choppy without rhyme.

It's ridiculously hard to dub songs. I'm just wondering if they're going to dub every instance of Aqua singing in the BGM or not.

Well, I was close. I tend to get a lyric or two wrong anyway when I listen to songs... xP

Also, they probably couldn't simply translate it. Some Japanese words for English ones probably have more or fewer syllables, so the English counterparts wouldn't fit.

Edited by Anacybele

Elise doesn't sound her age? I'm curious, how old do you folks think she sounds? There are many people I know around my age (14), mostly in my grade or a year above or below, that have a voice range similar to Elise's English voice. tbh, she sounds just as she would, like a 12-13 year old. but of course, everyone's version of what a 13 year old sounds like is different so I shouldn't bother with this

imo, she sounds like a baby in the Japanese version.