SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

11.First Fire Emblem game you ever played?
12.A new class you'd like to see introduced into the series?
13.On a scale of 1-10, how underappreciated is Glade (aka, the least popular Fire Emblem character by vote)?
14.Would you ever play an Iron Man mode in Fire Emblem (ie, the opposite of casual where you can't even reset upon character deaths)?
15.Say something nice about your least favourite Fire Emblem game.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

6. Which countries would you like to visit?

7. Which languages would you like to learn?

8. A personal dreamjob for you?

9. Why do you dislike FE10 so much?

10. Will you ever finish FE5?

6. Japan is the dream. England's included since it's where my best friend's girlfriend is. I know people in Germany and Wales so why not as well.

7. Still need to master my Japanese but learning any other language would be cool. Spanish would be helpful.

8. Video game writer--but I'll likely become a novelist alone.

9. Balance and plot issues. Making characters unavailable even after you've "recruited" them gives another tier criteria than it should. I have a bit of issues with its plot but the major one can be summarized with the whole blood pact deal.

10. When I have the courage and the iron will.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

11.First Fire Emblem game you ever played?
12.A new class you'd like to see introduced into the series?
13.On a scale of 1-10, how underappreciated is Glade (aka, the least popular Fire Emblem character by vote)?
14.Would you ever play an Iron Man mode in Fire Emblem (ie, the opposite of casual where you can't even reset upon character deaths)?
15.Say something nice about your least favourite Fire Emblem game.

11. Path of Radiance

12. I guess something new would be a Cleric that would promote into swords... but then we would have Hoshido Noble but reverse.

13. I don't know him so 10.

14. Sure. Why not? I did something similar with my blind FE6 run.

15. They improved on the animations and skill system a good deal.

13. I don't know him so 10.

You have to continue FE5 to give an answer to this question.

11. Hopes and fears of Persona 5?

12. Favorite videogame theme?

13. What has been the strangest situation in your life yet?

14. Favorite fanart of your favorite videogame character?

15. Could you imagine to do another LP in the future?

Think you'll ever go back to Final Fantasy IV?

A character design from anything you've seen that you do not like?

A pet peeve of yours?

Something you didn't like when you were younger but grew to appreciate when you got older?

Something new you've been meaning to try?

11. Fuck these birds, am I right?
12. Strangest character design you've seen in any piece of media?
13. Game you've tried to like before but just can't?
14. Favorite Persona character? From each game, I guess.
15. Something you like about your least favorite game?

18 hours ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

You have to continue FE5 to give an answer to this question.

11. Hopes and fears of Persona 5?

12. Favorite videogame theme?

13. What has been the strangest situation in your life yet?

14. Favorite fanart of your favorite videogame character?

15. Could you imagine to do another LP in the future?

FE5: Dual's Revenge (tm)

11. I hope the wait was definitely worth it. Don't slack off on the difficulty. There's fears of it being held off for another few months and the tone won't fit to the content it's presenting. It's one of the problems I have with Persona 4.

12. I have a bunch! Got myself a list when I'm searching for a specific mood or brainstorming for ideas. But I'll give one: Magical World from Radiata Stories.

13. This interview right now, to be honest.

14. Aw come on, I have other character art than my favorites It was a tough one but I have decided on this:

Spoiler

__azur_and_my_unit_fire_emblem_and_fire_

15. It's a possibility. Another blind FE game or one where I ask people for tips along the way. I'd have to be more prepared than what happened with FE6!

18 hours ago, Trisitei said:

Think you'll ever go back to Final Fantasy IV?

A character design from anything you've seen that you do not like?

A pet peeve of yours?

Something you didn't like when you were younger but grew to appreciate when you got older?

Something new you've been meaning to try?

1. Might be a while. Been caught up in other games, other duties, and want to come back to FFIV with a fresh mind and more openness.

2. Camilla's an obvious answer so I'll give another: Nyx. Forcing her into the Dark Mage outfit doesn't suit her after reading supports.

3. People who don't use signals while driving.

4. Tea. I never disliked it but I didn't think it was great either. Got older and am enjoying various types of teas. Why did I not try rooibos before?

5. Writing in a calendar or planner. I'm too laid-back. I end up forgetting what I was planning to do for the day.

15 hours ago, SecondWorld said:

Impressions?

Favorite art style?

Favorite character design from that style and why?

What human traits/values do you value the most?

Favorite story from any medium?

1. A very passionate nerd. Sometimes gets too passionate during discussion but is reliable if you need to know something. Also see: a massive nerd.

2. Senri Kita's and whoever did the backdrops for Path of Radiance if not her

3. Soren or Jill. They both have a flowing theme. They're practical while being ornate enough to stand out.

4. Honesty, truth, loyalty

5. Hm... I guess I can do something VN-related here: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. Introduces a few concepts I never heard of before.

7 hours ago, Sophie said:

11. Fuck these birds, am I right?
12. Strangest character design you've seen in any piece of media?
13. Game you've tried to like before but just can't?
14. Favorite Persona character? From each game, I guess.
15. Something you like about your least favorite game?

11. Yes

12. Tingle

13. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. There was that one second I tried, anyways...

14. Nanjo (Persona 1) because of that ridiculous ascot. I haven't played 2 yet so I'll go by design: Tatsuya or Maya. Aigis in Persona 3. Naoto in Persona 4.

15. The graphics look nice.

Edited by Dual Dragons

Thoughts on .hack/// g.u.?

Favorite Cipher card ?

Something you like about were you live currently?

Something (IE. a location, a specific natural phenomenon etc.) you'd like to personally see someday?

impressions, if any

3 hours ago, Trisitei said:

Thoughts on .hack/// g.u.?

Favorite Cipher card ?

Something you like about were you live currently?

Something (IE. a location, a specific natural phenomenon etc.) you'd like to personally see someday?

impressions, if any

1. Haven't played it yet but looks like "Ow the Edge"

2. Haven't looked at many. It'd probably just be any of my favorites.

3. Lighted street signs. I don't know how I'd adjust without them in another city.

4. Aurora borealis.

5. Big weeb that could stand to speak up more about his opinions. Sassy at times. Also, a big weeb.

A plot twist from any sort of medium that you found good?

A plot twist from any sort of medium you found bad?

Anywhere else you would choose to live if you could?
most likely somewhere cooler

Thoughts on gods gift to earth aka fried chicken?

Edited by Trisitei

1. Favorite desert to eat in dessert?
2. Would you like to play the oldest FE games? Why or why not?
3. What makes Path of Radiance your favorite FE?
4. Have you read any of Tolkien's works (The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings etc.)?
5. Do you speak any foreign languages?

6. Where is your avatar from?
7. Is there anything in particular about Persona 5 that interests you the most? If so, what?
8. Right, let's try this again, but with different tracks. This, or this?
9. Favourite way to pass the time?
10. First and current impressions? And no, I will not accept "silly" or any similar adjectives as an answer.

11. Opinion on Lyn? I think she's the only lord I don't really know your opinion on, so I'm curious.
12. Most exciting moment in your life so far?
13. Least favorite food?
14. Game you regret playing?
15. Something that happened to you that you really never expected to?

I've been everywhere, by the way

6. Would ya teach me how to debate properly

7. How's the weather

8. Would you play Senran Kagura

9. Would you play Gradius

10. If a car is traveling at 65 mph, why hasn't Atlus announced anything for a NA release of Etrian Odyssey 5?

19 hours ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

16. Interested in the upcoming FE parts?

17. Any self-set targets in the near future?

18. Do you like cooking?

19. How did you get your such lovely voice?

20. Impressions of me? (I guess it's the only time I will ever ask this question)

16. I've been interested in Gaiden for a while but never got around to playing it so I'm excited about Shadows of Valentia. Iffy on the Switch one since I don't own the console. The Warriors one... eh. I'll see how that is. If it's like Hyrule Warriors (I tried a little bit), I might have to pass. If it's more like what I've heard about Empires, that would be my cup of tea.

17. Getting that book out. I swear I'll keep on working on it. Keep ironing out characters in my head instead.

18. Absolutely! The budget, however...

19. wat Lovely? Never thought of it like that but thanks!

20. You should have more confidence in yourself! It's great talking to you since you're enthusiastic to learn other topics but you seem to put little stock in what you're capable of.

18 hours ago, Trisitei said:

A plot twist from any sort of medium that you found good?

A plot twist from any sort of medium you found bad?

Anywhere else you would choose to live if you could?
most likely somewhere cooler

Thoughts on gods gift to earth aka fried chicken?

1. 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors' plot twists.

2. In a way, Final Fantasy X's. Not that it needs a happy ending but there were many things that could be explored given the circumstances, and it's shut down by Tidus' fate. I still really like the game despite that and found it emotional but dang is it kind of lame.

3. Been thinking about heading more northwest. Portland seemed cool.

4. It's good. I should learn how to make it.

6 hours ago, Hattusili I said:

1. Favorite desert to eat in dessert?
2. Would you like to play the oldest FE games? Why or why not?
3. What makes Path of Radiance your favorite FE?
4. Have you read any of Tolkien's works (The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings etc.)?
5. Do you speak any foreign languages?

1. Saharan

2. I absolutely would! Most of my problems with them would be some outdated aspects (sloooooooow FE1 and THRACIA OH GOD WHY) but when I'm a fan of something, I really like to play all the games in the series that I can get my hands on. Just might take me a while, haha.

3. It was my first. I rented it not knowing about Fire Emblem (I played Melee but absolutely forgot Marth/Roy were a thing) and was just bored with the other games on the store's shelves. For someone who never played the games, I found it having the right amount of difficulty. What really makes me come back to the game are definitely the characters and story. I find them consistent and tying back to the themes PoR explores.

4. No, but I wouldn't be that opposed to try them out.

5. I've been off and on with Japanese.

6 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

6. Where is your avatar from?
7. Is there anything in particular about Persona 5 that interests you the most? If so, what?
8. Right, let's try this again, but with different tracks. This, or this?
9. Favourite way to pass the time?
10. First and current impressions? And no, I will not accept "silly" or any similar adjectives as an answer.

6. .hack// (the first series). It's Balmung of the Azure Sky.

7. Phantom thieves!

8. They're both good.

9. Video games mostly. Card games, listening to music, daydreaming, writing, researching, reading are also good.

10. But silly is the appropriate answer. I guess "jokester" would be fitting at times.

3 hours ago, Sophie said:

11. Opinion on Lyn? I think she's the only lord I don't really know your opinion on, so I'm curious.
12. Most exciting moment in your life so far?
13. Least favorite food?
14. Game you regret playing?
15. Something that happened to you that you really never expected to?

11. It's unfortunate she gets shafted with a tutorial mode and gets the "stand there and look pretty" treatment come Eliwood/Hector modes. Lyn as a character has been okay in my book--but her purpose past her tutorial mode is pretty much pacify Uhai and get Rath back.

12. When I sent that first chapter for peer evaluation. More nerve-wracking than anything!

13. Coleslaw is one

14. The hours of Dawn of the New World

15. Having someone admit they teared up when they read a story I wrote. Or, in general, being told I have good writing. Guess you could say I put little stock in my writing skills despite that's what I want to improve on. Confidence issues.

2 hours ago, Emeraldfox said:

I've been everywhere, by the way

6. Would ya teach me how to debate properly

7. How's the weather

8. Would you play Senran Kagura

9. Would you play Gradius

10. If a car is traveling at 65 mph, why hasn't Atlus announced anything for a NA release of Etrian Odyssey 5?

6. Present a point, provide supporting evidence, spell out the conclusions of the points you've made, be open to other opinions.

7. The last few days were cloudy and rainy. It's back to sunny.

8. Probably not.

9. More likely.

10. Atlus is in that car and going 65 MPH just isn't fast enough to spread the news.

2 hours ago, Motendra said:

Where have you been?

Mexico, Florida, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, California, Washington (for a restaurant on the border), Idaho, Hawaii.

Thoughts on Echoes?

If there was someway like time travel, what historical event that you would like to personally see?

A game coming soon that you're hyped for?

Something you believe to be overrated?

A character or characters you'd like to see added in Heroes? 

4 hours ago, Trisitei said:

Thoughts on Echoes?

If there was someway like time travel, what historical event that you would like to personally see?

A game coming soon that you're hyped for?

Something you believe to be overrated?

A character or characters you'd like to see added in Heroes? 

1. H Y P E  L I F E

2. Coolridge telling that guy he lost a bet. Hilarious.

3. Persona 5

4. Sooooo many YA dystopians.

5. Jill, Soren, Noishe, Ayra, Leif

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

16.Favorite Bond movie?
17.Favorite Disney movie?
18.Favorite Shakespeare play?
19.Favorite Queen song?
20.Favorite Harry Potter character?

16. Only seen Skyfall and can't remember details that much.

17. Mulan is all-time favorite.

18. I guess Romeo and Juliet. It's the perfect dumb teenager story.

19. Bohemian Rhapsody

20. Hermione or Sirius Black.

Favorite modern day song you've heard recently?

Favorite pizza topping?

Thoughts on Velvet Crowes design?

even if it was brief, what do you think of FFXV?

Something you fondly remember from your past?

On 2/24/2017 at 9:51 AM, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

21. What makes you dislike FE5 despite of Leif's level ups?

22. How was your interview for you?

21. A bit rambly and ranty so here's a spoiler:

Spoiler

The difficulty of the game is from attempting realism. I understand that the times around Thracia's release extended a game's life by having people fail and having to retry. That said, I still think it's very player-unfriendly. Fatigue punishes the early game and only affects the player. Capture slowed the game down way too much by not just being the best way of getting equipment but cutting crucial stats in half (and with durability still being a thing, you were collecting quite a bit in the early game). Forced dismount has most people equip weapons they barely know how to wield--and effectively slows the game down by having those with the largest ranges become infantry. Magic <--> Resistance is awful when in conjunction with permanent-until-end-of-map status effects. That could have easily been fixed by not having Movement growth (because a max of 3% is totally going to make that much of a difference in non-TAS, non-speedrun playthroughs) and to give actual Resistance growths. From an artistic sense, it gets credit for emulating what would be real-life situations. But you got to know when to draw a line between inconveniences and appropriate difficulty. I think Thracia puts too much into one basket that it overall is player-unfriendly and difficult for the wrong reasons. I could probably tolerate the fatigue and forced dismount, but all at once can be overwhelming.

22. It's been an interesting experience at the very least!

On 2/24/2017 at 10:25 AM, Trisitei said:

Favorite modern day song you've heard recently?

Favorite pizza topping?

Thoughts on Velvet Crowes design?

even if it was brief, what do you think of FFXV?

Something you fondly remember from your past?

1. I'm the Boss - Big Bad Bosses. It's pretty funny.

2. Classic pepperoni's good, but a vegetable and herb pizza is good too.

3. I like it but E D G E Y

4. Prompto slides on his butt a lot and I find it hilarious. Other than that, eh. I didn't get much impressions. The hair at the time was weird for what was supposed to be next gen.

5. Getting rainbow sorbet during Mexico trip

Edited by Dual Dragons

25 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

21. A bit rambly and ranty so here's a spoiler:

Hide contents

The difficulty of the game is from attempting realism. I understand that the times around Thracia's release extended a game's life by having people fail and having to retry. That said, I still think it's very player-unfriendly. Fatigue punishes the early game and only affects the player. Capture slowed the game down way too much by not just being the best way of getting equipment but cutting crucial stats in half (and with durability still being a thing, you were collecting quite a bit in the early game). Forced dismount has most people equip weapons they barely know how to wield--and effectively slows the game down by having those with the largest ranges become infantry. Magic <--> Resistance is awful when in conjunction with permanent-until-end-of-map status effects. That could have easily been fixed by not having Movement growth (because a max of 3% is totally going to make that much of a difference in non-TAS, non-speedrun playthroughs) and to give actual Resistance growths. From an artistic sense, it gets credit for emulating what would be real-life situations. But you got to know when to draw a line between inconveniences and appropriate difficulty. I think Thracia puts too much into one basket that it overall is player-unfriendly and difficult for the wrong reasons. I could probably tolerate the fatigue and forced dismount, but all at once can be overwhelming.

Thracia was released in 1999. I wouldn't really class that era as predominantly having difficult games extend life span. At least compared to the NES and early SNES era.

Edited by Jotari

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
7. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
8. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?
9. Forgiveness or retribution?
10. First and current impressions of me?