SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

3 minutes ago, Paperblade said:

6. I'm not big on road trips, since I dislike travel, but three historical figures I'd like to meet would be Socrates, Tesla, and Hemingway.

Huh. That's coincidental. I just started reading "The First 49 Stories" about two hours ago.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Paperblade said:

I'm not

Fuck it I'm just mailing it to you

EDIT: Lol, I just realized you posted what I told you the other day :P:

Edited by Sunwoo

11.First Fire Emblem game you ever played?
12.A new class you'd like to see introduced into the series?
13.On a scale of 1-10, how underappreciated is Glade (aka, the least popular Fire Emblem character by vote)?
14.Would you ever play an Iron Man mode in Fire Emblem (ie, the opposite of casual where you can't even reset upon character deaths)?
15.Is humanity awesome, monstrous or completely irrelevant (please only select one)?

Edited by Jotari

On 2/16/2017 at 5:52 AM, Magnificence Incarnate said:

What is it about Socrates that you like a lot?

Socratic questioning is a great multipurpose tool and the Socratic dialogues are really interesting

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

11.First Fire Emblem game you ever played?
12.A new class you'd like to see introduced into the series?
13.On a scale of 1-10, how underappreciated is Glade (aka, the least popular Fire Emblem character by vote)?
14.Would you ever play an Iron Man mode in Fire Emblem (ie, the opposite of casual where you can't even reset upon character deaths)?
15.Is humanity awesome, monstrous or completely irrelevant (please only select one)?

11. Blazing Sword, I got into it because I was big into Advance Wars at the time (RIP)

12. magic using armor or a summoner that can't attack itself

13. 8.8

14. Yes, I've done it before

15. completely irrelevant

Edited by Paperblade

> social construct you dislike the most?

> what fictional character have you identified yourself the most with?

> do you believe humanity capable of uniting? should unity even be something to strive for?

> if you could meet a past version of yourself from many years back (say, 5 or more), what advice would you give yourself?

> what do you dislike the most about people, and to what extent does it apply to you?

On 2/15/2017 at 11:57 PM, Iris said:

!!!!!!!!

Randoman, you're still around!!!!!!

if you don't remember me, i joined SF basically around the same time you did and we've chatted a little bit

This has nothing to do with me, but he's actually fairly regular...a lot more than you might think.

(if anything, I'm a lot less familiar with you)

1 hour ago, ___ said:

> social construct you dislike the most?

> what fictional character have you identified yourself the most with?

> do you believe humanity capable of uniting? should unity even be something to strive for?

> if you could meet a past version of yourself from many years back (say, 5 or more), what advice would you give yourself?

> what do you dislike the most about people, and to what extent does it apply to you?

1. Personally, I dislike the idea of "family", especially as a group of people you need to like and get along with, but this is probably colored by the fact that my family is very much into that sort of thing and wants me to uphold relationships with them even though I don't really like them. An example of this is, as mentioned in a previous post, my parents are divorced, and it was about as messy as you can imagine. Despite this, my mom wants me to still have a relationship with my father for no other reason than that he's my father, even though she dislikes him and I dislike him. I don't really get that.

2. This might just be because I watched the whole series recently, but I really felt empathetic with Jesse Pinkman at times, especially when Walt was talking down to him or lying to him. I felt like Jesse was one of the more "moral" characters on the show

3. I dunno if humanity is capable of uniting (my answer to 5 is a big part of why) but I feel like the world would be less shitty if they did

4. Don't listen to your dad when he tells you what jobs to take/not take, especially don't take the fucking job at his work. Get tested for ADD as soon possible, you definitely have it, get medication. Also, the winning lottery numbers, you'll never have to work a day in your life again if you do that.

5. Oh, this is easy, because I see it all the time and just writing this next part is getting me angry thinking about it. The narcissistic behavior from everyone, I guess you'd call it pride, but it's more specific than that. It's the way people try to shift blame away from themselves or rationalize their actions, because they want to be seen as having positive qualities, without actually working to have said positive qualities, because that's too difficult. An earlier question asked me what kind of rules I try to live by, and I said golden rule, do unto others, right? This is sort of the opposite--people who are so wrapped up in themselves that they forget to treat everyone else with respect, the same courtesy they'd want if they were in that position. Who will harp on others who did something wrong just to fit in, just to show everyone else they're such a good person.

If you wanna see a great example of this behavior, go into any thread about american politics on the internet, you'll see it everywhere on every side (even on a site with heavy moderation, you'll still get to see it passive aggressively). Every fucking idiot thinks that because the guy they dislike said or did something stupid that gives them the right to go full hatetrain everyone that supports that guy. And to anyone who does that, I say, fuck you. Don't do that, unless you care more about feeling good about yourself than you actually do about the outcome of politics. Because you're not going to convince anyone with a shitty attitude like that, you're just going to drive everyone further apart.

> if you were a character in Fates, what would your personal skill be?

> who would your S+ supports and A+ supports be?

> If you could participate in any one battle in the FE series, which one would it be?

> if you could rewrite a character in FE, who would it be and how would you rewrite them?

> Favorite FE skill?

10. in no particular order create a list of 5 things you like and 5 you dislike

11. what's artistic merit to you

12. what do you put on your ice cream

13. what do you consider Justice

14. are all dogs, i dare say, good dogs

1. Have you played the older FE games? Opinions on them?
2. Have you read any of Tolkien's works (The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings etc.)?
3. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
4. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?
5. Forgiveness or retribution?

On 2/18/2017 at 7:59 AM, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Do you only know that you know nothing?

ya

On 2/18/2017 at 10:19 AM, ___ said:

> if you were a character in Fates, what would your personal skill be?

> who would your S+ supports and A+ supports be?

> If you could participate in any one battle in the FE series, which one would it be?

> if you could rewrite a character in FE, who would it be and how would you rewrite them?

> Favorite FE skill?

1. My Little SF Village Can't Be This Dumb: -5 hit +10 crit for each ally within 2 spaces. Also, if I'm killed, all other playable units take a -15 hit penalty for the rest of the game. Penalty goes away if I'm revived (such as phoenix/casual mode etc.)

2. Can't I just S rank any girl? From what I remember I thought Sophie and Ophelia were okay. Soleil and Nina were okay ignoring the gimmicks. Kaze or Leo are cool dudes iirc, or at least they  better be because I waifu'd Kaze on my playthrough. Takumi if I'm not replacing Corrin since honestly Takumi did nothing wrong

3. None, I like living and my stats would be terrible. Put me on the bench where I belong

4. If I could only pick one, probably Corrin, since they have the most potential to impact the overall plot. Particularly, Conquest Corrin. In the promo shit for this game they said we'd be changing the country from within, so I was expecting stuff in that vein--sure, there could be battles against Hoshido and stuff since it's not outright rebellion, but I would at least hope for some kind of covert operations or politicking going on. Instead, Conquest Corrin, to beat a dead horse, is a pushover. Since I can only rewrite only one character for this, that means Garon is still an evil slime and the rest of the Nohr siblings have a combined intelligence rivaling a bag of rocks. This would make Corrin much more of a socially and politically savvy character, working to find evidence that their beloved father is an evil slime to present to his dumbass siblings that isn't... that doesn't involve doing exactly what the evil slime wants and taking over Hoshido. Maybe finding nobles or military leaders who disagree with Garon's methods and building support in the shadows that way.

5. Pass or Acrobatics

On 2/18/2017 at 0:32 PM, Chen said:

10. in no particular order create a list of 5 things you like and 5 you dislike

11. what's artistic merit to you

12. what do you put on your ice cream

13. what do you consider Justice

14. are all dogs, i dare say, good dogs

10. like: mafia, fire emblem, pokemon fangames, people, anime

dislike: mafia, fire emblem, pokemon fangames, people, anime

11. This is gonna be an answer where "Is X considered Y?" can be asked for everything because it's highly subjective. I tend to favor things that deal with human nature/psychology, be it on a societal level or more personal level. I also like comedy, but more... subtle? like Arrested Development is good stuff

12. That depends on the kind of ice cream I'm having. I like chocolate chip and cookie dough stuff, and I don't put anything special on those. But if it's just vanilla or something I'll go with chocolate syrup and/or whipped cream...

13. I'm not sure I can give an answer that's not super generic, especially since this can cover a lot of different areas. For example, if we're talking about something like distribution of wealth, I think a lot of people would agree it would be just for everyone to get what they deserve, but everyone is gonna to have their own definition of what is deserved

14. What IS a good dog? :thinking:

On 2/18/2017 at 11:49 PM, Hattusili I said:

1. Have you played the older FE games? Opinions on them?
2. Have you read any of Tolkien's works (The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings etc.)?
3. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
4. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?
5. Forgiveness or retribution?

1. I've played all the FE games. 1 was pretty faceroll, 2 was hit or miss and weird. 3 was also faceroll, thanks shards. 4 is fun but insanely imbalanced in all regards and moving my dudes across the map is terrible. 5 is great fun with lots of cool mechanics but a bit of an rng fiesta at times (why does everything have a failure chance why is move growth a thing why is remove a thing). 6 is alright but a bit of an rngfest

2. I did when I was younger, but I found it difficult to get through since what he likes to write about isn't something I'm particularly interested in in fiction. There's a lot of world building that doesn't seem important to the overall plot and it's very slow.

3. I would probably be passive, I've never been great at planning too far ahead, so I think passive would suit my personality better?

4. Assuming we mean an ideal world where I can change laws to my whim? I want to say justice before law, but that leads to cases where exceptions are made subjectively, which isn't necessarily a bad thing I guess? I think justice first fits more with my answer to the next question though

5. Forgiveness. I can imagine exceptions but it would  mostly be cases where the offender is remorseless or otherwise unlikely to be rehabilitated

19 hours ago, Jotari said:

16.Favorite Bond movie?
17.Favorite Disney movie?
18.Favorite Shakespeare play?
19.Favorite Queen song?
20.Favorite Harry Potter character?

16. I haven't seen enough of them to give an opinion that's not picking a random title

17. Aladdin or Rapunzel. Frozen ain't shit

18. Romeo and Juliet probably

19. Sheer Heart Attack

20. Hagrid