Worst Units and Classes

riolumaster

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, she's still good. In terms of utility, she's extremely great early on. But relying on the magical shuriken leaves her stuck with one weapon that she's good with (and that -20 avoid will kick her ass if she's not safe). It's for the best that she's reclassed to strategist. It makes her much more useful in Hoshido. But Elise isn't far from going to promotion herself. Just a bit of heal grinding and her magic, luck, speed and resistance will obliterate Felicia's. Joker is basically Felicia with less magic and much more STR. Even then, his D rank staffs still lets him immediately use debuff staffs and such, while being more versed in physical kunai. Reclass him to Great Knight and he becomes invaluable once he ranks up in weapon level, which can be used early on with a arms scroll. Plus his personal is just too darn good.

Either way, Suzukaze and Saizou outclass both in shuriken use anyway.

As an aside, how common are anti-GK weapons (Read: Armorslayers, Beast Killers, etc.)?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Sure, she's still good. In terms of utility, she's extremely great early on. But relying on the magical shuriken leaves her stuck with one weapon that she's good with (and that -20 avoid will kick her ass if she's not safe). It's for the best that she's reclassed to strategist. It makes her much more useful in Hoshido. But Elise isn't far from going to promotion herself. Just a bit of heal grinding and her magic, luck, speed and resistance will obliterate Felicia's. Joker is basically Felicia with less magic and much more STR. Even then, his D rank staffs still lets him immediately use debuff staffs and such, while being more versed in physical kunai. Reclass him to Great Knight and he becomes invaluable once he ranks up in weapon level, which can be used early on with a arms scroll. Plus his personal is just too darn good.

Either way, Suzukaze and Saizou outclass both in shuriken use anyway.

In Nohr, -20 avoid from Explosive Shuriken usually results in ~10% hit rate for an enemy mage... Not a bad thing for me.

Edited by Tooru

As an aside, how common are anti-GK weapons (Read: Armorslayers, Beast Killers, etc.)?

I doubt their appearance increases on harder modes, but I've only noticed them during Chapter 26 where a hammer almost killed Benoit and a Beast Killer DID kill Elise

Joins with lower bases than Lazwald. Her growths are iffy, she's a mage fighter and will have low defense over high res. She sacrifices skill for speed, being the fastest default cavalier. She's not very needed, as you had Cyrus and will have Xander soon enough, but if used, she's best as a great knight to maximize her high STR. She makes a good mom generally. Her reclass is pretty much wasted on her imo.

Joins with lower bases than Lazwald. Her growths are iffy, she's a mage fighter and will have low defense over high res. She sacrifices skill for speed, being the fastest default cavalier. She's not very needed, as you had Cyrus and will have Xander soon enough, but if used, she's best as a great knight to maximize her high STR. She makes a good mom generally. Her reclass is pretty much wasted on her imo.

An anti-mage cavalier.... Interesting.

She's got good weapon Ranks, decent bases, and good offensive growths. Her personal works pretty well with Azura as well. She's not the best unit around, but she can pull her weight if you really want her to.

She's got good weapon Ranks, decent bases, and good offensive growths. Her personal works pretty well with Azura as well. She's not the best unit around, but she can pull her weight if you really want her to.

Sounds good to me.

Pieri is pretty nicely fast, I guess, even as a Great Knight she still has a decent 28 speed at 20/20

Her only real flaw is that her defense is kind of lacking, which may or may not be patched up by Great Knight

All the paladins somehow cap strength, though Pieri's the fastest by default. Silas isn't that slow, but I dunno

Lazward's main problem of sorts is that he's not very fast, and his defense is like, lower than Pieri's, meaning Pieri kind of outclasses him.

Pieri is pretty nicely fast, I guess, even as a Great Knight she still has a decent 28 speed at 20/20

Her only real flaw is that her defense is kind of lacking, which may or may not be patched up by Great Knight

All the paladins somehow cap strength, though Pieri's the fastest by default. Silas isn't that slow, but I dunno

Lazward's main problem of sorts is that he's not very fast, and his defense is like, lower than Pieri's, meaning Pieri kind of outclasses him.

Well, Lazwald is a pair up away from being competent, thankfully Pieri starts with him. He may appear slow because he can't double but that stems from his starting Steel Sword. 45% speed isn't bad at all, and his other reclass increases it even more.

One thing for sure he's bad in is defense. Though he has stable HP, his defense and resistance hardly increased for me. I had to stick the Nohr Black Sword to him to help his defense out. Pieri also has a horse going for her without needing to marry (though Lazwald can just A+ Xander if he wants.)

If you can put up with Luna's low skill she's generally better in the way that she focuses in areas that you want more of (speed and def over strength and skill), while Lazwald is more balanced and squishy.

Pieri and Lazwald both start with 10 defense. Laz has a growth of 45% while Pieri has 35%. He's not more squishy than her.

Edited by Duke of Dozel

• 4 months later...

After playing all 3 versions here is my opinion.

Subaki - Hinoka outclasses him in everyway,I really wish he was more strong in battlefield to justify his 'perfectionist' talk and attitude.Lackluster Speed & Str.

Hinata - Such a great character but as a unit is outclassed by Hana.Despite being a samurai/swordmaster his speed so terrible and gets destroyed in enemy phase.

Orochi - Phenomenal Magic Growth but terrible speed,she can hardly one shot anything even with her huge magic stat,thanks to her bad speed.Hayato is much better since he can double and has better bulk.

Rinkah - Bad damage output and meh growth stats.

Sakura - Easily outclassed by Felicia as healer and fighter.Sakura has decent Magic and that's about it.If you are on IK route,Elise is another unit who outclasses her both in healing and fighting.Simply below average character and the only Royal Sibling who is lackluster.

Odin - He is just kinda meh...even after being Lissa's son his magic isn't all that impressive and he has bad speed.All that's going for him is bulk and Strength as dark knight but still Leo outclasses him in every aspect,probably one of worst units in the game.He is a liability to be honest.

Nyx - She has good speed and magic however she does terrible in enemy phase,she can't even take magic hits and her HP and bulk is abysmal.Elise can vaporize other mages and easily take magic hits while Leo can take physical hits and do good damage,so Nyx gets outclassed easily.

Gunter - In my opinion the worst unit of the game,he really has nothing going on for him,has poorest growth rates in the game and is only useful a bit on IK route and that's about it.What were they thinking?He so old yet so bad as unit,Even Rainbow Sage couldn't make this guy a better unit.

Edited by Pheonixmaster1

Imo Sakura is a god. It does take time for her to get a C in Bows for the Shining Bow but once she gets it she'll kill everything. She was much better than Elise, because she has higher HP and can actually take hits worth stuff. In Revelations, since you only have like 5 units by the time you get Sakura chances are your servant will be fighting, and she can level up A LOT on the Mokushu chapter. She has self heals in Renewal. By the time Felicia gets the Flame Shuriken Sakura would likely be promoted, and she makes for one of the best tome/shining bow users in the game.

She's also a great mom, too. Works for any magic child, and even some physical, and can pass down healing. Personally, the worst royal for me is Hinoka since while she can double, her strength is always so low.

Edited by Pokechu