Worst Units and Classes

riolumaster

I haven't recruited her yet so I can't answer your questions, sorry. ^^

I personally don't care much about the children and inheritance in general (I'm not going to use them), that's why I aimed for faster supports so I can unlock as many gaidens as possible to train my first gen and get some goods.

Edited by Ryo

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lunatic Nohr 21, I have mentioned this before.

It is the beginning of Turn 10. Everyone can reach the red areas, so I can finish this chapter if I want.

D5aF0HE.jpg

But I want to beat every enemy that offers EXP. That requires 2 more turns.

pETVOQf.jpg

I am using two Generals and other units with high Def but low Movement. (Including Xander because I reclassed him to Lodestar.)

There are a lot battles in enemy phase, i.e. I keep tanking almost every turn.

Using tanks were said to be slow playing and low skill, but I don't I think I am wasting 10+ turns.

Is my playstyle really slow?

"Off Topic"

Most Vulnerable Characters

(HP + Defense at 20/20)

Azura: 34

Adventurer!Nyx: 38 (Realistically speaking I think Sorcerer would just be better, but what can I say)

Strategist!Felicia: 39

Strategist!Elise:40

Golden Kite!Setsuna: 43

Trueblade!Hana: 46 (She's even lower as an Exorcist but why would you even do that?)

Golden Kite!Yuugiri: 48 (She's even lower as an Exorcist....but would you really do that now?)

Speed is a more problematic thing though

Translated: How much Atk would an enemy need to OHKO these gals. Figures that the one who can give your allies another turn is most frail of all...

There are a lot battles in enemy phase, i.e. I keep tanking almost every turn.

Using tanks were said to be slow playing and low skill, but I don't I think I am wasting 10+ turns.

Is my playstyle really slow?

Spending turns to milk exp from reinforcements is generally considered inefficient. There aren't really any efficiency playthroughs I can see though, so hard to say if you took a significant number of 'extra' turns on this chapter overall due to your playstyle.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Spending turns to milk exp from reinforcements is generally considered inefficient. There aren't really any efficiency playthroughs I can see though, so hard to say if you took a significant number of 'extra' turns on this chapter overall due to your playstyle.

What the hell are you saying?

We can't get any EXP from "reinforcements" in this chapter, OK?

Edited by Tooru

What the hell are you saying?

We can't get any EXP from "reinforcements" in this chapter, OK?

Calm down. Even if they're not reinforcements, the point stands as it's extra turns killing enemies that are not part of the objective.

Calm down. Even if they're not reinforcements, the point stands as it's extra turns killing enemies that are not part of the objective.

OK, if I don't try to get all EXP, it will be 10.

If "not to use Generals" is more efficient, how many turns should that be, in your opinion?

Will you keep saying you are more efficient when you beat less enemies in more turns?

Generals are good for both fast and slow playing in IF, actually.

Edited by Tooru

My first go through C21 was like... 5 turns or something. Granted that was a Camilia/Lutz duo + Dark Flier Kamui so it may change if Kamui is a different class or remain the same if Kamui sticks behind someone with high mov.

My first go through C21 was like... 5 turns or something. Granted that was a Camilia/Lutz duo + Dark Flier Kamui so it may change if Kamui is a different class or remain the same if Kamui sticks behind someone with high mov.

10-5=5. 12-5=7.

But everyone was saying that it should be 20+ or 100+.

You ignored almost every enemy, did you? However you were tanking hits in enemy phase and units with high Def were useful.

If you decide to get all EXP, how many extra turns do you need? How fast can you be when you are doing something unnecessary but helpful?

Edited by Tooru

Woah now I'm not trying to push my clear as the official benchmark for something as subjective as efficiency, it was just for reference. Yes, I had a very bulky Camilia and Lutz (and very dodgy Kamui) ignore every enemy for the most part. It's not really a map that rewards sticking around. Nosferatu and Golems don't give a lot of exp so it's not like sticking around is helpful.

Woah now I'm not trying to push my clear as the official benchmark for something as subjective as efficiency, it was just for reference. Yes, I had a very bulky Camilia and Lutz (and very dodgy Kamui) ignore every enemy for the most part. It's not really a map that rewards sticking around. Nosferatu and Golems don't give a lot of exp so it's not like sticking around is helpful.

EXP bases on levels, not the enemy types. You didn't get a lot EXP because you had got a lot before.

So how fast can you be when you are doing something not helpful?

Edited by Tooru

10-5=5. 12-5=7.

But everyone was saying that it should be 20+ or 100+.

You ignored almost every enemy, did you? However you were tanking hits in enemy phase and units with high Def were useful.

If you decide to get all EXP, how many extra turns do you need? How fast can you be when you are doing something unnecessary but helpful?

Who is 'everyone'? I consider 5-7 turns more than a fast run to be pretty slow personally- that's a big gap for one chapter.

Who is 'everyone'? I consider 5-7 turns more than a fast run to be pretty slow personally- that's a big gap for one chapter.

"Nosferatu and Golems don't give a lot of exp" for him. EXP base on levels so he has got a lot EXP in at least one earlier chapter: that can't be a fastest no-EXP chapter.

But I can make the earlier chapter a no-EXP one to save turns, because I will get enough in 21.

He is not ignoring all enemies and I don't have to beat all enemies, so it is not 5 turns per chapter.

It seems that you don't notice only 3 units are used in the 5-turn tactics. Are other units all "worst"?

Edited by Tooru

Actually I assumed they didn't give a lot of exp because every time I fought them on Hoshido they didn't. They actually do give exp in 21. I still ignored them, though. Not because everyone was "worse" but because the chapter is a PITA. The enemies are just so bulky and not worth the exp, in my opinion.

Actually I assumed they didn't give a lot of exp because every time I fought them on Hoshido they didn't. They actually do give exp in 21. I still ignored them, though. Not because everyone was "worse" but because the chapter is a PITA. The enemies are just so bulky and not worth the exp, in my opinion.

Again, EXP depends on levels (and if it is a boss or not), not enemy types.

You didn't get a lot. <- Your levels are too high. <- You have got too much EXP before. <- You have used turns to beat enemies and get EXP.

Enemies that can be beaten in 12 turns can't be "so bulky" at all...

Edited by Tooru

Lol I mean obviously I didn't 0 turn every map beforehand. The faceless/golems in Hosh could also be at a lower level than the ones despite showing up around the same time but I'll check that later.

The enemies in 21 have like 41 HP/26 Defense or something it's pretty ridiculous. Especially the defensive formation golems.

Lol I mean obviously I didn't 0 turn every map beforehand. The faceless/golems in Hosh could also be at a lower level than the ones despite showing up around the same time but I'll check that later.

The enemies in 21 have like 41 HP/26 Defense or something it's pretty ridiculous. Especially the defensive formation golems.

The 26 Def won't actually take you many turns so that doesn't matter...

If you try to deal with them, you need less than 12 turns, don't you?

Can anyone tell me if Yukimura is good or bad? He comes late, but his joining gives free hit, has fairly good stats and can get clone puppet in a couple levels. He at least seems fairly usable like yuugiri.

Most people don't seem to use him. Mostly because at that point you'll have other better people. But that 5 free hit is pretty useful if you got unlucky with other units, so he could definitely fill in, but he's not an the greatest include like other units.

Can anyone tell me if Yukimura is good or bad? He comes late, but his joining gives free hit, has fairly good stats and can get clone puppet in a couple levels. He at least seems fairly usable like yuugiri.

He's great... While he's around.

Yukimura just joins so late and his combat isn't very noteworthy. I mean he can use the armor shuriken since the late game is littered with armors, but so can your other ninjas who have support built up and the crit boosts/Lethality/SV. I mean a leadership star is pretty dope so he can take a slot, but it isn't something incredible like in Thracia. Yuugiri is pretty great because her bases are really great for her join time, Yukimura's bases are average for his time.

Bump because I think this thread is still relevant.

Is Pieri worth putting effort in using? I mean, when we have great knight Elfie, and paladin Xander, it seems like she's not really cut out for the crowd. At least Silas has first chapter availability in Nohr and comes earlier in IS.

^Pieri would be the greatest mother if only she passed on her pink hair

Is Lazwald a good unit to use? I liked using Inigo in Awakening, but I've heard that the Awakening trio in Fates are outshined by others..

Lazwald is your go to guy for balance. He's the most well rounded of the trio. He's not spectacular, but he's far from bad. Luna's speed and defense might be more attractive to some players, but it's a matter of preference. I'm having a good time using him. He works great with the Nohr Black sword early on.

Edited by Duke of Dozel

Pieri is meh. Least durable cav, but has better offenses than Silas. Weapon ranks are pretty good. If nothing else she can use the rescue trick to get another refresh out of Azura.

Lazward is kinda in the same boat, but his bases are better except for his meh speed. He can take the armor slayer and put it to use in chapter 13 which is pretty useful but after that not much special is happening. Bow Knight is good though, but E-Bows isn't and he isn't high on the list of arms scroll dump.