Worst Units and Classes

riolumaster

The odd thing is that Aptitude bonus isn't really that overwhelmingly gamebreaking, though it is nice to have, since most units have about 30 levels of growth....but that's hacked stuff, which I find shouldn't be talked about, "of course"

The other buying skills? My opinion is very simple really. "Buying skills breaks the game"

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hard to call anyone terrible when aptitude and other hacked skills are mega easy to come by when visiting other castles

If a unit is only good when they get hacked skills, that is usually a good sign that the unit is bad.

I find it hard to call anyone terrible when aptitude and other hacked skills are mega easy to come by when visiting other castles

No joke: in the first My Castle battle I ever fought against another player in my first Nohr file, the enemy Kamui had Even Nap, Aptitude, and Four Fangs. Now Kanna has Aptitude too.

If I hadn't married Foleo already I could have gotten a Flannel!Kanna or Kamui!Velour with Even Nap and Odd Cry. In a future IK run I could even marry such a Kanna to Mitama and get Renewal for 70% HP regen each turn.

So yeah, cheat skills are everywhere. Though we pretty much have to ignore them to have any sort of fruitful discussion.

Something which I completely forgot but

While it "may not matter", realistically speaking, as a Pegasus/Falco (and I suppose, Golden Kite), Hinoka outclasses Subaki really.

(Lance Fighter vs Samurai is another thing, as is their..other options)

10/0 Pegasus

Subaki: 24 HP, 10 STR, 11 SPD, 11 DEF

Hinoka: 23 HP, 10 STR, 17 SPD, 9 DEF

20/1 Falco

Subaki: 32 HP, 16 STR, 18 SPD, 18 DEF

Hinoka: 30 HP, 17 STR, 26 SPD, 16 DEF

20/20 Falco

Subaki: 42 HP, 23 STR, 24 SPD, 27 DEF

Hinoka: 38 HP, 28 STR, 35 SPD, 22 DEF

(Of course, some people might prefer Subaki's +4 HP and +5 DEF)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

While it "may not matter", realistically speaking, as a Pegasus/Falco (and I suppose, Golden Kite), Hinoka outclasses Subaki really.

10/0 Pegasus

20/1 Falco

20/20 Falco

Hinoka can catch up to Subaki's DEF easily with pair-up bonuses, but there's no way Subaki is getting 6-11 SPD.

10/0 Pegasus

20/1 Falco

20/20 Falco

Nothing's stopping you from using both of them (actually, it's almost certainly a better idea than just using one and benching the other).

Well, I'm pretty sure the game isn't crazy enough to let dragonskin, proximity shot, be buyable.

If you hack an aptitude onto a first gen character though, they might have let that slip through.

It's possible that it won't work, or that they'd patch it so that it won't work.

Nothing's stopping you from using both of them (actually, it's almost certainly a better idea than just using one and benching the other).

From an overall point of view, there's still a limited number of slots, even discounting second generation characters
Max slots is 16, you have Kamui forced, so it's really 15 choices at that point
Discounting second generation characters, in Hoshido you have
Felicia + Jakob (2)
Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura (2+4=6)
Hana, Subaki (6+2=8)
Asama, Setsuna (8+2=10)
Hinata, Oboro (10+2=12)
Saizou, Kagerou (12+2=14)
Rinkah, Kaze, Orochi, Tsukuyomi, Nishiki, Yuugiri, Crimson, Silas, Azura, Asura (14+10=24)
Edited by CocoaGalaxy

You can get any skill on any character as long as it isn't flagged as enemy/boss only. They were very lenient with checks due to children/buddy seals/etc. Guess they didn't see the sense in implementing checks for just the parents, which is fair enough and probably improves the game more than hurts it in the long run. I don't see them patching it out.

edit: though, yeah, I don't think buying skills has a place in a discussion like this. Just more generally, My Castle's online features shouldn't have much of a place.

Edited by lysander

Well, I'm pretty sure the game isn't crazy enough to let dragonskin, proximity shot, be buyable.

If you hack an aptitude onto a first gen character though, they might have let that slip through.

It's possible that it won't work, or that they'd patch it so that it won't work.

See, on one hand, that makes me worry less about making skill sets, because if a character can have any skill, and I can buy it ( in theory ) for that character, then that's less work for me. I won't have to buy dozens of seals, and since I plan on buying nearly all the DLC, money shouldn't be an issue.

But I don't like the idea of broken skill combinations. I really, really don't.

Real Talk: Tiki shouldve had Dragonskin as a unique skill for her, and had her defences lowered to compensate. At least imo. She deserves it for being the Divine Dragon.

Though that wouldve made Morgan even more OP...

Ok i'm done derailing, but seeing a Dragonskin filled team in My Castle is just...lol.

Though seeing a counter for the ever-meta defining Crit build is nice...shame it has to be something so cheap.

Wish we could get the crit-reducing half of it in the form of a semi-Dragonskin skill.

Edited by Jakkun

From an overall point of view, there's still a limited number of slots, even discounting second generation characters

Max slots is 16, you have Kamui forced, so it's really 15 choices at that point

Discounting second generation characters, in Hoshido you have

Felicia + Jakob (2)

Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura (2+4=6)

Hana, Subaki (6+2=8)

Asama, Setsuna (8+2=10)

Hinata, Oboro (10+2=12)

Saizou, Kagerou (12+2=14)

Rinkah, Kaze, Orochi, Tsukuyomi, Nishiki, Yuugiri, Crimson, Silas, (14+8=22)

Tsubaki's still a better choice than a lot of these units though. He's mobile, has some bulk, and has decent enough strength and speed and can improve significantly with a resource dump. He can also fly and circumvent difficult terrain, so he has some utility too as a taxi.

15 slots is still more than enough units to train honestly; you're probably better on using less units and concentrating more exp and resources into them than spreading it out over 16 units.

Yeah, Tsubaki is very much unlike, say, Rinkah in that you have real reason/potentially more benefit from giving him exp during the early chapters rather than purely using him as stance fodder. He'll have already received some exp/use before a lot of that list joins and on the average there wouldn't be much of a reason to dump him completely--at worst he'd become a taxi or stance fodder if he's screwed. Might be the worst flyer you get, but the worst flyer is still better than a lot of that list can say. If I had to guess at the 6 units you're not deploying they'd likely come from a pool of: other maid/butler, Rinkah, 1-2 ninja, 1-2 of the spellcasters, nishiki, 1-2 samurai, Silas (10 total) before ever considering a non-screwed Tsubaki and for the majority if not all of their join times you're 100% still deploying Tsubaki.

Maybe he'd get replaced by a kid with a child seal at some point? But that's really, really hard to include in a discussion like this.

Real Talk: Tiki shouldve had Dragonskin as a unique skill for her, and had her defences lowered to compensate. At least imo. She deserves it for being the Divine Dragon.

Though that wouldve made Morgan even more OP...

Ok i'm done derailing, but seeing a Dragonskin filled team in My Castle is just...lol.

Though seeing a counter for the ever-meta defining Crit build is nice...shame it has to be something so cheap.

Wish we could get the crit-reducing half of it in the form of a semi-Dragonskin skill.

You can't get dragonskin in a hacked My Castle. Or, rather, the moment you try you will be unable to go online until you've removed it from your characters. No enemy/boss only skills allowed.

^I was moreso referring to players who have hacked it in themselves, not trying to buy a skill outright.

Good on them for being aware of that though, and making a wall of sorts to prevent hacked team meta. I think Pokemon did something similar in X/Y when it came to hacked movesets?

Well, I've come across castles that make Nohr's hard mode feel like a joke as soon as you beat the Ice Chapter and get that 10,000G. Also skills like Aether and Awakening cannot be bought, so I can assume other ones like dragonskin is the same.

Also I'm realizing just how good Benoit is at base. Able to one shot the mages he's next to with Charlotte support (and dont bother having her do the fighting.) Elfie's good, but she's probably better off reclassed into something that isn't a knight.

I would say Benoit would be good if he could do anything but be a Knight/General. His speed makes it so he has to go General for Defensive Formation before he can think about doing anything else. I would also say he is inferior to Elfie for the most part. At lvl 15 Elfie has +5 str over base Benoit and she has a 20% better growth(not to mention the damage increase Elfie gets from her personal ability). The defense/res lead he has over Elfie I would say works against him since the enemies will never attack him and he just sorta clogs up pathways and the likes. Elife and Xander have the enemies not attacking them problem as well, but Benoit has the worst offense of the three. Elfie also has the luxury of just going straight into Great Knight instead of spending time as a General since her speed is good enough to not get doubled by most enemies.

Yeah, Tsubaki is very much unlike, say, Rinkah in that you have real reason/potentially more benefit from giving him exp during the early chapters rather than purely using him as stance fodder. He'll have already received some exp/use before a lot of that list joins and on the average there wouldn't be much of a reason to dump him completely--at worst he'd become a taxi or stance fodder if he's screwed. Might be the worst flyer you get, but the worst flyer is still better than a lot of that list can say. If I had to guess at the 6 units you're not deploying they'd likely come from a pool of: other maid/butler, Rinkah, 1-2 ninja, 1-2 of the spellcasters, nishiki, 1-2 samurai, Silas (10 total) before ever considering a non-screwed Tsubaki and for the majority if not all of their join times you're 100% still deploying Tsubaki.

I'd actually deploy a lot of those listed units over Baki because they have a long term and Baki doesn't. I say he's a good resource dump because if you're using him he does well with them. That doesn't mean he puts them to better use than other candidates or he's assumed to get them.

I'm in the position that I want his daughter and thus I'll have to run Tsubaki at some point to accommodate that.

Matoi is a pretty solid reason to use Baki, lol. I'm having a funny mental image of Kamui commanding Baki to mate with someone so that he can bang Baki's oddly familiar looking daughter.

Matoi is a pretty solid reason to use Baki, lol. I'm having a funny mental image of Kamui commanding Baki to mate with someone so that he can bang Baki's oddly familiar looking daughter.

Well, I suppose its kind of like that if we let the fourth wall break a bit. Kamui the character in the story isn't commanding Baki to mate for those reasons because he doesn't even know that Baki will have a beautiful daughter to being with. But the guy on the other side of the screen who is controlling the actions of Kamui the character (without Kamui knowing this) is forcing Kamui to have Baki fight alongside a potential spouse so that Baki and the spouse will fall in love and make Matoi.

I wonder how the characters would "react" to this if they realized that they were actually video game characters under control of the players. Kind of like (spoiler for an entirely different series in a different medium)

how Deadpool from the comics books actively knows that he's a comic book character even within his own comics

In other words, they're all my puppets, dancing to my tune on their strings… and they don't even know it….

Edited by astrophys

Subaki can also provide some decent staffwork as a Falcon Knight even if stat-screwed, which gives you some leeway to shift Sakura and/or Asama into combat classes/roles, which is convenient considering their great growths.

Yc7siWo.png

... though... I can't say I don't understand you...

... blonde Ophelia...