Worst Units and Classes

riolumaster

What's the max level anybody's been able to get Rinkah to via CH4-6 Lunatic? I imagine with enough favouritism between 4-6 should she be able to hit level 7-8? By then her def should be set high enough that she wouldn't even necessarily need the heaven's robe. From what I can tell, her low HP is only a problem in those early chapters (7-9) because her def hasn't grown and thus she's still 4HKO'd. With the def she's likely to gain from pre-split favouritism, even if you only manage to get her to level 7, she'd be more like 6-7HKO'd and thus easier to level from that point on.

Part of her problem is probably that her pair-up bonuses are so good for CH4-6 Lunatic. Like, if she didn't give 4 Str or if 4 Str wasn't letting Kaze or MU go from no 1RKO to 1RKO she'd be more likely to gain exp there normally. But as things are, there's little reason to give her that exp naturally and she'll only get it if you really, really want to give it to her.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to Hinata. A pair up has to be like, the most expendable resource in the game. I don't consider him the best around, but he's more workable than people are making him out to be.

I suppose I question pair ups being so expendable- is a unit slot really worth that little? Pairing up everyone in Awakening was pretty obvious, but here there are drawbacks(lack of Attack Stance) and the game in general is more PP focused which means that having only a small number of combat units probably doesn't work as well here.

The pair up can solve the doubling, but doesn't really solve the Str(you can get Spd and Str...but not much of both at the same time). I dunno it seems like a lot just to try to get some use out of him before he inevitably drops off anyway. I don't think he's a bottom tier horrible unit, but probably Lower Mid or so.

Dedicated Pairup bots have no drawback as they're totally safe behind someone and they don't need good Atk for Dual Strikes like in Awakening. You could make an argument that they're not as needed in the midgame, but as the game progresses they're more beneficial than deploying someone that isn't a support unit and does no damage/dies easily. Promoting someone and sticking them behind someone for the rest of the game is the best use you can get out of characters like Charlotte too.

Originally I thought Hoshido was like Nohr, where there's an emphasis on Player Phase, but Hoshido does nothing to prevent and basically encourages low-manning with strong units that kill mobs on EP. A smaller team of around 8-12 units+Pairup fodder can easily beat the game as Kamui/Hinoka/Ryoma are your main 1-2 range juggernauts for routs and Hinoka/Subaki are great at skipping defeat boss maps.

Hinata is good at his joining time and he stays moderately relevant on his bases for longer than he's given credit for. Unpromoted enemies suck for a long time and they don't exclusively promote for a long time after Hinata joins. He also gives decent pairup bonuses as a Trueblade so after he drops off there's that option too.

Edited by Gwimpage

Dedicated Pairup bots have no drawback as they're totally safe behind someone and they don't need good Atk for Dual Strikes like in Awakening. You could make an argument that they're not as needed in the midgame, but as the game progresses they're more beneficial than deploying someone that isn't a support unit and does no damage/dies easily. Promoting someone and sticking them behind someone for the rest of the game is the best use you can get out of characters like Charlotte too.

Originally I thought Hoshido was like Nohr, where there's an emphasis on Player Phase, but Hoshido does nothing to prevent and basically encourages low-manning with strong units that kill mobs on EP. A smaller team of around 8-12 units+Pairup fodder can easily beat the game as Kamui/Hinoka/Ryoma are your main 1-2 range juggernauts for routs and Hinoka/Subaki are great at skipping defeat boss maps.

Hinata is good at his joining time and he stays moderately relevant on his bases for longer than he's given credit for. Unpromoted enemies suck for a long time and they don't exclusively promote for a long time after Hinata joins. He also gives decent pairup bonuses as a Trueblade so after he drops off there's that option too.

Just curious but is there anyone Hinata is really good with as a pairup bonus to not make him "bad" per say?

Just curious but is there anyone Hinata is really good with as a pairup bonus to not make him "bad" per say?

In Hoshido: Oboro, Silas, Takumi, and Crimson's speed comes up short against some enemies so they really like Hinata's TrueBlade boost(+5 speed). Saizou and Kagerou would also really like the boost to get off the ground and let their ninja speed growth kick in to double everything. Orochi can also use his boosts to double a good amount of enemies and nuke them. Granted Swallow Strike can do close to the same thing in terms of speed but that takes longer and you have to go through reclassing and then pairing Hinoka/Subaki off which could take a while.

In IK a lot of people like his speed boost since about 50% of the cast sucks on Lunatic and they need all the help they can get. With the 50% that is good and useable, Oboro, Takumi, Saizou, Silas, Flannel all appreciate it alot.

Yep, like I mentioned earlier any early promotion will also trigger Takumi's Rivalry easily. Speed pair-ups are nice on him and it doesn't hurt that Takumi can A+ him as well. Orochi can't double a lot with Trueblade pair-ups, but at the very least it lets her double Knights and Dark Mages and if you use a tonic or she gains at least some speed cavaliers and wyverns. All in all, that's a big boon for her as is not getting doubled by outlaws/gaining a slight amount of extra def.

Hinata joins at level 10 so I don't really see why you wouldn't want to eventually use him like that at the very least.

Edited by lysander

Generally any pair-up bot who gives him SPD and a little STR will really help him. Like:

Tsubaki:

No Support

3 SPD, 3 RES

A Support

1 SKL, 3 SPD, 2 DEF, 3 RES

Setsuna:

No Support

2 STR, 2 SKL, 2 SPD

A Support

2 STR, 2 SKL, 4 SPD, 1 RES

Nishiki:

No Support

4 SPD, 2 LCK

A Support

5 SPD, 3 LCK, 1 RES

Hana:

No Support

4 SPD, 2 LCK

A Support

1 STR, 1 SKL, 5 SPD, 3 LUK

I'd say that if you don't plan to use any of these units, then stick Subaki, Setsuna or Hana on Hinata as soon as you get him. Hana possibly provides the best boost and if you marry her to Hinata he can get Renewal, which he could really enjoy.

This is assuming you don't really plan to use these characters, as none of them really need Hinata's speed boost themselves. If you want a mutually helpful couple, Hinata and Kagerou give eachother excellent bonuses; he gets STR, SPD and MOV and she gets huge immediate +4 SPD boost. He can even kind of reedem Subaki with their mutual speed boots, and Subaki eventually giving Hinata access to Swallow Strike.

Edited by gayserbeam

How does Setsuna stack up?

In Hoshido she is alright. Her low str is offset by Yumis having good might and Prescient Victory which is essentially +8 damage for her since she will always double. Her durability isn't to big of an issue since she can avoid counter most of the time. Biggest thing she has over Mozume is that she doesn't need a parallel seal(which is a big deal) and starts with D-Bows. She does have trouble justifying a deployment slot as the game progresses, but for the early game she is pretty nice. Also bowman pair bonuses are really nice since they give +2 str and spd while her personal bonuses gives +3 spd at S.

In IK best thing she does is pair up with Ryoma for the Bowman bonuses and activating his ability. She can be used I guess to a degree(I used her when I did a no royals run through of IK Lunatic) but you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get her str high enough to orko and if you're going to be jumping through hoops for a bow unit why not do it for Takumi who joined 6 chapters earlier and hits really hard or Asyura who won't be leveling up for like half the game and has his amazing bases.

Edited by Shephen

Well I dunno if this is the "right" place to go through this, but I took a look at the class pair up bonuses.

Basically from what I can tell, unpromoted = 6, promoted = 8 , with movement counting as 2 points. No class gives more than 5 in a stat, or 1 in movement

I only favor STR/SPD/DEF/Move, and so a shortened list of what I got

Speed: Trueblade/Nine Tailed Fox (5 Speed, 3 Luck)

Speed + Defense: Hero (3 Skill/Speed, 2 Defense)

Speed + Move: Adventurer (4 Speed, 2 Resistance, 1 Move) Elite Ninja (4 Speed, 2 Skill, 1 Move)

Strength + Speed: Berserker (5 Strength, 3 Speed), Managarmr (4 Strength/Speed)

Strength + Defense: Shura (4 Strength/Defense), General (3 Strength, 5 Defense)

Strength + Defense + Move: Wyvern Lord (3 Strength/Defense, 1 Move), Great Knight (2 Strength, 4 Defense, 1 Move)

Strength + Speed + Defense: Weapon Master (2 STR/SKL/SPD/DEF)

Probably not a coincidence that +Speed bonuses are...fairly lackluster, compared to the rest

By my classification (STR/SPD/DEF/Move), for STR/SPD/DEF the classes with "no wastage" (1 Move and 6 in STR/SPD/DEF, or 8 in STR/SPD/DEF):

Shura, Great Knight, Wyvern Lord, Berserker, General, Managarmr. And well they all do appear in the above list

There are a bunch of classes that give +6 or less in STR/SPD/DEF but they're "plainly outclassed" by the above

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

What's the max level anybody's been able to get Rinkah to via CH4-6 Lunatic? I imagine with enough favouritism between 4-6 should she be able to hit level 7-8? By then her def should be set high enough that she wouldn't even necessarily need the heaven's robe. From what I can tell, her low HP is only a problem in those early chapters (7-9) because her def hasn't grown and thus she's still 4HKO'd. With the def she's likely to gain from pre-split favouritism, even if you only manage to get her to level 7, she'd be more like 6-7HKO'd and thus easier to level from that point on.

Part of her problem is probably that her pair-up bonuses are so good for CH4-6 Lunatic. Like, if she didn't give 4 Str or if 4 Str wasn't letting Kaze or MU go from no 1RKO to 1RKO she'd be more likely to gain exp there normally. But as things are, there's little reason to give her that exp naturally and she'll only get it if you really, really want to give it to her.

Oh god doing C5 without Rinka glued to Kaze might be legitimately impossible lol. Kaze has to do fucking everything there that isn't healing of dancing. In C4 you could probably snag a level or 2 if you managed to give her the boss kill and fed faceless to her. If you somehow manage to have her kill Camilia with attack stance Takumi in C6 that's basically another level (I think? Leo and Xander are basically guaranteed level ups but I'm not sure about Cam). The most I'm seeing here is 3 since she is not going to try to get kills in C5. She's WTD against the whole map lol.

I suppose I question pair ups being so expendable- is a unit slot really worth that little? Pairing up everyone in Awakening was pretty obvious, but here there are drawbacks(lack of Attack Stance) and the game in general is more PP focused which means that having only a small number of combat units probably doesn't work as well here.

The pair up can solve the doubling, but doesn't really solve the Str(you can get Spd and Str...but not much of both at the same time). I dunno it seems like a lot just to try to get some use out of him before he inevitably drops off anyway. I don't think he's a bottom tier horrible unit, but probably Lower Mid or so.

I feel that enemy density is so ridiculously high in Hosh LM that units would rather spend most of their time in Guard Stance. Also, Guard Stance more often than not can push you into important doubling and/or ORKO thresholds. It's not that deployment slots are worth little, but that Hoshido gives you enough deployment slots and enough exp to raise a full team regardless of who's in it.

The last point is a fair one. He has no long term. I'm giving him credit for his surprisingly good, low investment short term and just defending against the notion that his growths make him bad. Whether he is actually worth it is up to the player.

Well it's honestly hard to say (and it might just be me "clouded" by the fact that viewing videos of gameplay isn't exactly 100% objective data).

For starters, while it may be somewhat or very disputable, base stats usually don't vary that much (by my definitions of base stats as I calculated)

10/0 Samurai

Hana: 21 HP, 12 STR, 14 SPD, 7 DEF

Hinata: 26 HP, 11 STR, 14 SPD, 12 DEF

I'll assume that Hana has C Swords (+1 ATK if I remember correctly). I also suck at WTA/WTD calculations, sorry that I don't have a table for that.

Hana @Iron Katana: 19 ATK, 15 AS, 6 DEF (22 ATK with Steel)

Hinata @Iron Katana: 18 ATK, 15 AS, 11 DEF (21 ATK with Steel)

I would say something about ability to double attack here but I'm not sure how to phrase it

H9 Lunatic (I am trying to wrap up IK as fast as I can, though there is also the matter of Nohr data, can't satisfy everyone right now though, rip. I also need to catch up on information. There's no new Lunatic data right now, it takes about a week for my source to finish a chapter of Hoshido AND Nohr. If one of the players on the forums would like to help it would be nice, but what can I say.)

VS Outlaw (24 HP, 16/17 ATK, 12 AS, 5 DEF)

Outlaw is 2RKO'd by both. I think Hana should barely scrape by a 3hko, Hinata gets by a bit better

Well I won't do the calculations for the rest, but yes, Hinata's base stats aren't that bad

(It's his growths. To be honest, it's hard to say really....)

Let me look at something else then........

I did I20 N/H not too long ago, let's see

"Analysis Goes Here"

Enemy Level is about 6, so I'll go with 20/10 Trueblade. Assume A Rank Swords (Should be +3 ATK)

20/10 Trueblade Hana: 29 HP, 26 STR, 32 SPD, 12 DEF

20/10 Trueblade Hinata: 39 HP, 21 STR, 23 SPD, 22 DEF

To "make things even" I'll give them both "beneficial pair ups" (+4 STR/SPD for Hinata, +3 STR/5 DEF for Hana)

Whether or not it actually makes things better is another thing (+SPD/DEF Pair Up is kind of ..ehish, if you know the list)

Offenses:

Hana has 33 ATK plus weapon of her choice, 32 base AS

Hinata has 28 ATK plus weapon of his choice, 27 base AS

Looking at enemy speed, the fastest enemies on Hard are 29 AS Elite Ninja (and they have triangle and range to boot)

Hana will be able to roughly double the Trueblades (27 AS), Hinata can double everything else except the Falcoknights (24 AS) without assistance. Hana can double the Falcoknights even with a Steel Katana

Trueblades have 39 HP/14 DEF, so Hana can literally 1RKO them with a Bronze Katana. The other enemies aren't much better, and Hinata can double them.

The Generals have 47 HP/30 DEF, so with the Armorslayer (you're not seriously going to consider using normal weaponry against them or so) (9x3 Might) ...I'm not actually sure. You probably don't want to send them against them. Generals are slow and will pretty much always be doubled, but dang if they're not scary, 30 STR/DEF is not something to be messed around with.

The rest of the enemies honestly don't look too overly dangerous. Maybe 20/10 was too high or something

Now let's look at the Defenses:

Both of them are pretty much not going to be doubled, though Hinata will be if he gets hit by a Silver Shuriken near another Silver Shuriken Elite Ninja.

Hana has 29 HP, 16 DEF assuming a Katana. Is 1HKO'd by 46 ATK

Hinata has 39 HP, 21 DEF assuming a Katana. Is 1HKO'd by 61 ATK (basically nothing physical really)

Enemy Berserkers have WTD, but there's still a chance they'll hit, I think, so let's see

Enemy Berserkers have uh, 48 ATK? I think triangle makes it so that Hana barely scrapes by, pretty dangerous though. Hinata probably will be 2HKO'd by them.

Enemy Generals have 44 ATK? With Silver Lance, I think it'll 1HKO Hana though. Hinata is going to get 2HKO'd as well. Dangerousyyy

Something Dangerous in another way, Trueblades have 35 ATK, 2RKOing Hana and 3RKOing Hinata

Elite Ninjas have triangle, Steel hurts a bit, but Silver Shurikens are going to bring the pain (and they'll double unassisted Hinata with them as well, and Hinata if he gets attacked by two Silvers, which will probably hit unless he has a Reverse)

But yes, Elite Ninjas with Silvers have 29 ATK, it's a 2RKO on Hana due to DEF debuff, 3HKO on Hinata as well

(Actually I might have messed up, the Elite Ninjas might not actually have Silver Shurikens in this chapter. Oops?)

If that's the case, Steel isn't nearly as dangerous (26 ATK, becomes 2RKO on Hana and uh..5HKO on Hinata?)

Without the Guard Stance, on Hard (and this isn't even talking about Lunatic, though I've noticed some stats mysteriously drop as the difficulty goes, sometimes), Hinata's doubling will drop sharpy as he can only double up to 19 AS, and most enemies pass the 20 mark on Hard (You could argue for using a Brigand or Quick Draw, and I'd agree that enemies have paltry defenses which could make it work, but it won't really make it a 1HKO since he doesn't have Hana's superior strength)

The numbers above also show that Hana is basically getting 1Shot by the stronger enemies at this point, even with a +DEF Guard Stance helping her she might not necessarily make it. And this is 20/10 Hana we're talking about.

Well most of these numbers are rough anyway, I'm not doing it with a calculator, so I won't be surprised if the numbers are that wrong. It at least puts things into a bit of perspective.

A bit.

Just a leeetle bit

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Rinkah has 29 with that promotion boost.

I did. More than once. Yet she always needed work. She'd need a Seraph Robe, or an Energy Drop, or grinding, or deliberate focus that, speaking from exprerience, was more rewarding when spent elsewhere. As I've said in perhaps every reply I've made to you, she is a usable unit, but there are so many superior units that she is near the bottom.

That's because you've been setting the goal post this whole time. I explain why a unit is more valuable than Rinkah, you say that the difference isn't big enough, and the argument never goes anywhere. For example, I said a reclassed Tsukuyomi would be better than Rinkah, your rebuttal was that he'd have an E in axes and would need to wait for a Parallel Seal. I said that you can get a Parallel Seal right away and that Rinkah has an E too. So you just ignored all that.

Then you said that Oboro's STR lead at 20/20 is trivial, but we already saw that she has 5 more STR, Nohr Hater, and Lencefaire making her stronger. Still you argue that there is just a "small difference."

You argued that Mozume required babying, but I showed that at base she only has 3 less attack power than Rinkah. You complained her defense was low, ignoring that she is an archer, shouldn't be getting hit anyways, and will have high DEF eventually.

All of your arguments have just been "Rinkah isn't that bad and you are wrong" with no attempt explain why she is better than anyone else. This whole discussion has been me listing long, salient reasons for why Rinkah is disadvangtaged compared to the powerful other units and all you've done is asserted "she's not that bad" in an very rude and overbearing tone.

That growth doesn't exist in a vaccuum. The reality is that the average STR in this game is over 45. Kaze and Hinata have 45 too. Mozume has 60. Hana has 65. Saizou, Asama, and Oboro have 55. Kagerou has 70. Nishiki, Crimson and Yuugiri have 50. The only physically-oriented units Rinkah beats in STR are either Kamuisexual, have better STR than Rinkah when reclassed, or are also commonly talked about in this thread.

She doesn't even have anything to really compensate for that low STR. She has Flame Blood, yeah, but the Bowmen have Prescience, Silas has Open Assault, Nishiki has Even Illusion, and Tsubaki, Oboro and Tsukuyomi all have their own damage boost skills so Flame Blood isn't some outstanding unique trait. She has high SKL, but everyone in Hoshido has either functional SKL or access to a Hit boost of some kind. She has high SPD, but so do Felicia, Kaze, Slias, Mozume, Hana, Saizou, Tsukuyomi, Asama, Setsuna, Oboro, Yuugiri, Nishiki and Crimson. She has the highest defense growth in Hoshido, but also low RES and the worst HP growth, so she needs a Seraph Robe or two to function as a tank. In general, she just has less to offer. Her best trait, and the best use for her, is her pair up bonuses. Pairing her up as the Support Unit to a unit like Silas or Oboro will be a huge help and can eventually give either of them the Oni class if they want Ogre Strike or Counter.

When nearly everyone has that 5%-10% STR advantage but also has higher HP, SPD, or RES, or all three, Rinkah is worse.

I'm tired of this argument and was hoping you'd stop after the last post. If you want to continue this circular mess then PM me instead of polluting this thread with fighting.

Oboro has 10 levels of growths, with a 55% speed growth, which is 5.5 points into speed, which is 17.5 pre-promotion. @ 19.5 post promotion, brings her to 29. Same as Rinkah, same shit. My point still stands they have the same speed.

And Rinkah is going to stay at E rank for 3 chapters before he joins, come on man. You rag on Rinka for joining with E rank at chapter 6, but says it's no big deal for Tsukiyomi at chapter 9, that's some double standard bullshit. Oboro won't be getting lancefaire till level 15 Holy Lancer, how many chapters is this going to come in use, and how quickly are you even going to get that? And if you're grinding anyways, this discussion is pointless. And Nohr Hater only applies to a subset of enemies, and useless against everything else. While Rinka's personal skill puts her at even pretty much at all times.

And no one taught you how to do math did they? the average Str growth is 35

You conveniently look at things that you want to look at, and ignore other things if it rocks your perception. Rinka does have among the lowest base hp growth, but she doesn't have the worst overall HP growth, her class puts her at 40%, while other characters such as Hana who has 25% base HP growth, her class only brings her up to 35%. And a lot of the characters who have 30 to 45 base HP growths are in classes with 0-10% max hp boost. More times than not putting them on par with Rinka's HP growth. On top of which Tsukiyomi has a 30% skl growth, and if made into an Oni, he'll have a skill stat of 17 at 20/20, now imagine what that stat even look like during progression, he'll be missing more times than not making him a severe waste of space.

On top of which you try to play up characters that are worst than her like Setsuna, who has worst hp, str, skl, def and res.

You know what? whatever continue to be blinded.

he'll start out with E in clubs, ultimately making him worst and with his base strength,

Just want to show that who was saying E-rank club makes a worst unit.

I think I have caught the point:

1. Rinkah and unit "A" have problem "a". "A" is still good though there is "a".

2. Rinkah and unit "B" have problem "b". "B" is still good though there is "b".

Rinkah is the mixing of "A"+"B"+"C"... Meaning she is the mixing of good units.

Edited by Tooru

Just want to show that who was saying E-rank club makes a worst unit.

I think I have caught the point:

1. Rinkah and unit "A" have problem "a". "A" is still good though there is "a".

2. Rinkah and unit "B" have problem "b". "B" is still good though there is "b".

Rinkah is the mixing of "A"+"B"+"C"... Meaning she is the mixing of good units.

Before I even mentioned him having an E in clubs, people were saying Rinka having E in clubs was a bad thing, and see-sawing to try and counter me by saying Tsukiyomi having E isn't a bad thing.

Before I even mentioned him having an E in clubs, people were saying Rinka having E in clubs was a bad thing, and see-sawing to try and counter me by saying Tsukiyomi having E isn't a bad thing.

So you were saying that E-rank makes them both worst, right?

No double standard, no double standard.

Edited by Tooru

I think they mean they'd expect Rinkah to have had a higher rank in clubs by the time she shows up, as opposed to Tsukuyomi who can be excused due to switching classes completely...?

Let's cool our heads. The comparison between Oboro and Rinka falls short. Oboro joins with rock fucking solid bases, has good everything, has a base Lance rank of C to Rinka's E axes, and gets Crit bonus on promo. Defense seal is more practical than res seal since most of your units are physical attackers as well. They aren't comparable.

Rinka is still the GOAT pair up buddy though and for what it's worth if you can get her into doubling range her personal can put in work.

O come on man.

And no one taught you how to do math did they?

You conveniently look at things that you want to look at, and ignore other things if it rocks your perception.

You know what? whatever continue to be blinded.

I'm finished with all your contention. I already asked you to PM me because I didn't want to fill this board with this argument, HTakara82. You've already heard everything I have to say about Rinkah. I'll let everyone else say what they think of her.

Also, chill

Edited by gayserbeam

Gonna agree with Ownage on this one. Oboro and Rinka are in completely different leagues. Oboro is really good at base and can actually orko some enemies. Base Rinka is at best meh. And Oboro's ability is active against about 80% of the enemies you face. Also going back a bit, having slightly better hp than Hana isn't saying much.

A problem Rinka has is that she gives +4 str in pair up at base which is really amazing and a lot of units want that in the early game. If she is always in the back giving the bonuses, she can never get a lot of exp and she gets no Wexp so she gets stuck in a limbo of sorts. Those bonuses are just to good to pass up when a unit like Kaze can make that +4str into 8 more damage for early orko's.

Also Tsukuyomi shouldn't go Oni Savage at all really. Parallel seals are hard to come by and I believe the only one you get in the early game is from the shop and Yomi really isn't high on the list of units that want to reclass. He should either stay a mage for hitting Res and possibly reclass to Shura later on in the game or just hit the bench immediately.

Hmm, it may be just me, but it seems like, the difference between difficulty modes decreases as you go through the story.

It might explain why the later part of the game seems easier

Well, a bit more on topic, I just recalled something

Though I think, it's probably not enough, one thing (besides the Oni factor) for Rinkah, I guess, is that you have "a severe deficiency in axes" on Hoshido (much like how Nohr largely has a deficiency in bows)

It's less so if you pick more Weapon Masters, reclass some people into Great Knights, and what not.

(Well there crimson which is pretty godly as well, but well, what can I say)

So yeah, the game is kind of sword and lance emblem, moreso lance due to weapon triangle (and lances crap on magic as well, and are at least neutral to axes)

Might also have something to do with the fact that sword units that aren't tanky (uh.....) are a bit eh because dodging is kind of gimped in this game

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

What about the capturable bosses? Is any of them particularly good or bad?

Haitaka is good in Lunatic. Rally Defense+Defense Seal can help our army a lot without gaining EXP.

Edited by Tooru