Better Mugs for FE:Requiem (Check OP for current edits)

Sacred Blaze

I guess I should explain this one.

So basically, Rayden and Josie (the woman next to him) are the two eldest player characters, not counting Almer (the guy with the grey hair). As a comparison, they're around the same age as Bran. (The woman's actually older than him though.)

They're in like their 40s, I guess. Although that's a Fire Emblem 40 so take that as you will.

As for the look itself, I'd say for him, you should go for a more stoic look, if you can. He's looking a bit serious in the angry sort of way, I guess?

Edited by Sacred Blaze

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, yeah, I'd say so.

For the sake of not straying too far from their normal looks, I'd say to just keep them looking somewhat youthful, even if it's not the case.

Maybe like around the age of the guy on the bottom row of the sheet.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

SeGxyeC.png

Got some cool new portraits in today.

What do people think of these?

I'm liking them a lot, but I don't know if there's anything that needs to be touched up at all or something.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Yoshi, that Almer's looking good to me. He's not someone who needs anything more than a face change honestly, so I can actually go along with that.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

imo Alicia looks kinda out of place style-wise, especially her eyes and hair and I guess a few of the facial proportions but I'm just super used to ANIMAY stuff

Ordanze and Dad look sweet though

8405_hawke.png

i think this is fine

Edited by Yasako

imo Alicia looks kinda out of place style-wise, especially her eyes and hair and I guess a few of the facial proportions but I'm just super used to ANIMAY stuff

Ordanze and Dad look sweet though

8405_hawke.png

i think this is fine

Yeah, I thought that about the Alicia too, but I don't think I'm going to deny it based on that unless someone else has got another good looking one or has some sort of workaround. Because it's not like it actually looks bad, just different.

Is this an edit of the body more in line with what Myke was saying?

I think Smirks edit on your one from before had a better face though. It also channelled the look of the selfish bastard that Hawke is known for being a bit better in the face, I'd say.

I spliced on and/or edited a bit the bits of the face from his I liked better (i.e. the helmet, hair, and nose), but I did forget to leave the smirk on, oops.

I guess I should make his nose a bit bigger like Smirks's too; I just didn't like the nostrils thing going on because usually only evil guys with HUGE NOSES get nostrils in FE.

And now I'm realizing smirk, Smirks, hah.

4656_hawke.png

screaming in pain, it still looks awkward

alicia.png

I tried editing that Alicia to make her look more in line with the rest of the things, but I'm not sure if it's an actual improvement, as the original artist is a better artist than me in general. I'm not sure if you want her lips back. My image of Alicia is TOTAL WAIFU MATERIAL which means no egregious lipstick.

val.png

And this is probably out of line of me, but I edited Val's head alignment and her left shoulder and 2-3 pixels on her left eye because they were bugging me.

Edited by Yasako

I spliced on and/or edited a bit the bits of the face from his I liked better (i.e. the helmet, hair, and nose), but I did forget to leave the smirk on, oops.

I guess I should make his nose a bit bigger like Smirks's too; I just didn't like the nostrils thing going on because usually only evil guys with HUGE NOSES get nostrils in FE.

And now I'm realizing smirk, Smirks, hah.

4656_hawke.png

screaming in pain, it still looks awkward

alicia.png

I tried editing that Alicia to make her look more in line with the rest of the things, but I'm not sure if it's an actual improvement, as the original artist is a better artist than me in general. I'm not sure if you want her lips back. My image of Alicia is TOTAL WAIFU MATERIAL which means no egregious lipstick.

val.png

And this is probably out of line of me, but I edited Val's head alignment and her left shoulder and 2-3 pixels on her left eye because they were bugging me.

Well, for now, I'll just leave Hawke as pending. There's no rush as long as there are still other characters to go, so if there's something off, you can keep working on it.

The person who gave me the Alicia said they'll make some edits, so I'll see what comes of it. The mouth is probably a step in the right direction, but I think we may have some differences in how we imagine Alicia, primarily otherwise.

I've always thought that she's supposed to come off as somewhat intimidating and slightly off-putting to others, which is part of why I gave her the morph eyes. (Eye) This is sort of brought up in for example, her interactions with Edward and some observations about her from other characters in supports and conversations. (Gemma, Clare, Drake)

In this case, where her neck and head size have been reduced ever so slightly, it sort of removes some of that, I'd say.

As for Val, I don't know. It didn't bug me before.

I polished up Rydell.

sB8cAxH.png

Looking good.

The colour blending is looking a lot better, for sure.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

S5EzFjF.png2ZVA6LP.png

Tried to make Layla's older version more "filling out" than "just getting taller and new clothes". Any good?

edit: somehow a row of pixels got cut off of the bottom of her torso in the second one. Will fix

Edited by Alusq

S5EzFjF.png2ZVA6LP.png

Tried to make Layla's older version more "filling out" than "just getting taller and new clothes". Any good?

edit: somehow a row of pixels got cut off of the bottom of her torso in the second one. Will fix

Yeah it's looking good to me.

I think I agree with what was said about her face looking a little off in the older version. (That's the one we're talking about, right?)

ff686f04ad710e83a545325248ce0f69.png

Simple edits.

As always, thanks for the edits.

Anyway, it looks like we're basically in the home stretch now. Thank you to everyone who's helped out so far.