147 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is next?

• FE1/11
    • FE3/12
    • FE4
    • FE5
    • FE9
    • FE10

While I may not be a fan of this game, I do understand the appeal and appreciate the game's ambition. Yeah though, it really sticks out to me how the most minimalist story has the worst plot twist.

FE4 will be a beast to tackle it's probably one of the ones that lends itself the easiest to jokes. Not quite at Radiant Dawn and Awakening levels, but pretty high up there I'd say.

i heard Radiant Dawn has baaad plotholes. Not sure if I can handle the emulation but we'll see. otherwise I'll need to upgrade the PC's graphics card haha

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiant Dawn's story is this big mass of ideas and inconsistent executions that adds up to something disappointing but riff-able

Kinda like Awakening in that sense, though the specific things wrong with them are different

Also similar to Awakening in that it can feel rather rushed and crowded at times

Edited by DavidSW

i heard Radiant Dawn has baaad plotholes. Not sure if I can handle the emulation but we'll see. otherwise I'll need to upgrade the PC's graphics card haha

Let me put it this way, Awakening has problems narrative wise, but RD just has SO MANY more.

Chapter 18 in Awakening was set in "Doma's Remains" in the Japanese version; the localizers randomly decided to doctor that reference out and name it "Demon's Ingle".

So, Doma does indeed exist as of 2012.

I really enjoy these videos.

thanks

Chapter 18 in Awakening was set in "Doma's Remains" in the Japanese version; the localizers randomly decided to doctor that reference out and name it "Demon's Ingle".

So, Doma does indeed exist as of 2012.

what the fuck? seriously? The dragon mountain in FE2 is on the other side of Duma's temple... where he actually got defeated...

wt actuel f intsys that makes no seeensseeeeeee

I'm digging the background music. Especially Riki's theme.

And yeah Awakening doesn't respect the other FE games, it makes a lot more sense if you just forget about the references and assume it takes place in its own separate world. The majority of the remaining plot oddities can be (at least partially) explained if you do that, but stuff like Valm's geography and the function of the FE is pretty irreconcilable.

• 2 weeks later...

I played it a few chapters.

It just seems like a big game to me. Maybe i'm just thinking its huge because the maps are big.

THe main issue with fe4 is that it isn't dense enough. You spend a lot of time walking between bits of plot, and the big maps can be pretty empty sometimes, and there are as many filler encounters that don't advance the plot as there are in other FEs, or events that add to the plot without being core to it. The plot itself really isn't all that complicated. You should really do fe4 next due to rifability, i think.

THe main issue with fe4 is that it isn't dense enough. You spend a lot of time walking between bits of plot, and the big maps can be pretty empty sometimes, and there are as many filler encounters that don't advance the plot as there are in other FEs, or events that add to the plot without being core to it. The plot itself really isn't all that complicated. You should really do fe4 next due to rifability, i think.

Oh gosh the Yied Desert in any chapter it appears. Or the forest in Chapter 1.

Oh gosh the Yied Desert in any chapter it appears. Or the forest in Chapter 1.

I didn't think the forest in Chapter 1 was THAT bad.

Chapter 2 is where the movement started getting annoying IMO

if that's the case I'll continue doing FE8, then I'll go FE4.

i dunno man, i think you should do conquest, since then you can ride off the popularity of a game that just came out

plus the story is duuumb

• 2 weeks later...