Fire Emblem Fates Official Release Date

twice

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good fortune to you, Ameribros. I hope they make a lot of improvements for the localization.

http://fireemblemfates.nintendo.com/

"If you walk the path of Conquest, you must fight to change your misguided kingdom from within."

It's funny how even the official tagline is saying Nohr is wrong.

Good fortune to you, Ameribros. I hope they make a lot of improvements for the localization.

"If you walk the path of Conquest, you must fight to change your misguided kingdom from within."

To be fair though, that was the entire point of Nohr in advertising. Remember, 'revolutionise the Kingdom from within'? Back when we all thought the story would be amazing? Those were good times...

Now that I look at it, the first blurb is actually pretty accurate, since

[spoiler=] it also says that if you choose Birthright, you will be battling beside a family of strangers. Considering that they aren't related to you and you didn't grow up with them, this this pretty spot on :P

Edited by Tsuky

To be fair though, that was the entire point of Nohr in advertising. Remember, 'revolutionise the Kingdom from within'? Back when we all thought the story would be amazing? Those were good times...

True, I guess the essence of the line hasn't changed. I did note that "change" is a lot softer than "revolutionize". Maybe they realized the original word is...less than accurate.

lol @ "Epic Storyline"

Really looking forward to how people receive this game.

Not that it stopped them from describing Fates as having a 'complex story' in the Nintendo Direct

That gave me more laughs than the Yokai Watch promotion.

I don't know

I think "change" is still pretty misleading because that's not what the Nohr route focuses on at all.

In the words of Yahtzee; "Perhaps 'enabled', in the same way one enables a crippling drug habit"

Edited by Phillius

Not that it stopped them from describing Fates as having a 'complex story' in the Nintendo Direct

They meant complex in a meta way, like, months after the release of the game we're all still discussing the story, wondering how such a thing could have been approved by anyone.

Objectively, Fates does have a complex story. What it lacks is logic.

True, but it's 'complex' in the same way that Jupiter Ascending is complex. The Honest Trailer for it actually made me think about Fates in that 'Oh God, how did any of this get approved' kind of way.

Skip to 2:24 to see what I mean.

True, but it's 'complex' in the same way that Jupiter Ascending is complex. The Honest Trailer for it actually made me think about Fates in that 'Oh God, how did any of this get approved' kind of way.

Skip to 2:24 to see what I mean.

Haha, oh wow. We really need a "Honest Game Trailer" for Fates. I'm sure it would play out exactly like this. They'd have a ball with the Invisible history expansion.

Is Fates' story bad because of the execute meddling that changed it, or is it bad because of the person who wrote the draft?

The person who wrote the original draft of Fates (I keep forgetting their name, sorry) isn't even credited as a writer in the credits apparently, so it's pretty safe to claim executive meddling on this one. I can actually imagine that conversation down:

Writer- Okay Sir, we finished the story draft and character concepts and we think the central theme should be about family

Executive- Are those that characters siblings?

Writer- Yep

Executive- Okay, make them S-Rankable

Writer- What?! But that would undermine the central concept of the whole story! And the little sisters are clearly pre-teens!

Executive- Goddamnit man, waifus/husbandos are more important than good story telling!

I'd love to be in that conference and see the writer object by pulling a Sigurd and saying that waifus/husbandos and good story telling do not mix!

That's a shame, then. Why do they even hire writers if they're only going to use 20% of their script? It had a lot of potential to be a decent story.

Is it Awakening level bad or is it actually rather likable?

Edited by Rapier

I'd love to be in that conference and see the writer object by pulling a Sigurd and saying that waifus/husbandos and good story telling do not mix!

That's a shame, then. Why do they even hire writers if they're only going to use 20% of their script? It had a lot of potential to be a decent story.

Is it Awakening level bad or is it actually rather likable?

Awakening's is bad because of what it DOESN'T do, but what it does to is rather camp and loveable to many.

Fates' is bad because of what it DOES do, and you can't really change or work around it. It's just not great. I've heard Birthright is better but Nohr is a stinker and IK is a mess, not to mention it just doesn't know what it wants to be anymore.

I'm anticipating a late April release for EU best case scenario, like Awakening IIRC

I think the problem is that they were trying to mix the older, more complex and morally grey story telling of older FE games with the newer, more animesque style of Awakening and it just didn't work. I think the game's story is a mess, but I don't hold it against IS because I think they were looking at Awakening (since it was so successful) and trying to figure out what it did differently from other FE games in order to replicate that success before trying to merge it with the story-telling of older games, but they had too many things going and it just fell apart.

That collector's edition sounds nice, but I don't want Conquest, so... Well, I have to pass on it. I guess for me it's good that it doesn't come with a special New 3DS, because I'd hate missing out on that.

That collector's edition sounds nice, but I don't want Conquest, so... Well, I have to pass on it. I guess for me it's good that it doesn't come with a special New 3DS, because I'd hate missing out on that.

(I feel the same, but just the exact opposite lol. Don't really want Hoshido at this time being.) The Special Edition is totally worth it honestly...But I don't have the money to blow on it, I've bought too much crap these pass few months and need to save up for Fates DLC! (plus pre-orders on Amazon.... are gone, rip.)

I think I'll be happy with getting Nohr and downloading Revelation ^.^