Favorite Hoenn Starter Pokémon

ruadath

62 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Hoenn starter Pokémon?

• Treecko
    • Torchic
    • Mudkip

Treecko. I'm not a fan of grass pokemon, but I absolutely love his design. Plus, his final evolution looks pretty badass, so that's another plus for me. It's a pity that he's weaker than his fellow starters. =/

Torchic was super cute for a fire-type Pokemon and it's evolutions were pretty cool too.

Charmander, Cyndaquil, Fennekin, Vulpix, Ponyta, Flareon, Litleo and Victini say hi

I'm honestly torn between Mudkip and Treecko. I've always loved Mudkip, since it was my starter was back in Emerald. Plus Swampert is probably my fave of the fully evolved Hoenn starters.

...But I do love Treecko as well, and Grovyle is easily my fave evolution stage out of all the Hoenn starters, so I mean, I'm probably just going to vote for Treecko. (Chiming in on the PMD bias for Grovyle here, by the way.)

Water > Fire > Grass; Except for Johto where I prefer Chikorita.

My favorite Hoenn starter is the Mudkip|Marshtomp|Swampert line followed by the Torchic|Combusken|Blaziken line.

Edited by Naughx

I like all 3 of them but my favorite would have to be Mudkip because of the Internet meme and that I like using it the most even if it's the slowest of the 3 -- it has solid attack power and Swampert is the bulkiest when compared to Blaziken and Sceptile (who are also badasses in their own right).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mudkip line: Not only it is the easiest alternative for a Surf user, but it's movepool is competent, it has a really good design as Swampert, only 1 weakness to Grass, and it was also the first starter I felt attached to since Saphirre was the first Pokemon game I've played. Also as Raiden can put it: The memes

I'm a scrub and I only ever pick water starters when I'm playing unemulated Pokemon... so Mudkip wins by default :)