FE10 HM LTC (expected ~125 turns)

ruadath

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should I restart the run with to bring in transfers from PoR (won't take long to redo)?

• Yes, we need to have everything optimized to get the minimum turn count!
    • No, there's no reason to do that!
  2. 2. What limits would you put on the FE9 run?

• None! Max everything out (without cheating)!
    • Do it in the context of an FE9 HM LTC!
    • Something else? (suggest in comments)
  3. 3. What level of RNG abuse would you prefer to see in this playthrough?

• Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns
    • Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns and grab as many items as possible on each map
    • Maximize EXP/item gain to the fullest extent

OK, so since a 3 turn of 1-3 doesn't seem to be possible, and I'm still looking for a 40 turn clear of Part 1, do you guys think that there is room for improvement in 1-7? Is it possible that with some complicated rescuing/shoving chains we can shave off a turn and finish in 3 turns?

It seems rather unlikely since I'm not certain it's possible to get a rescue/give/drop chain set up to get Micaiah far enough forward on turn 1 while still pushing Sothe forward far enough to recruit Tormod and his allies (who are probably necessary for either bosskilling or smiting+further rescuing). But do you guys have any ideas?

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you try to shove a third unit ahead on turn 3 to kill the Knight?

The only other person capable of doing that would be Ilyana, and it's impossible to get her close enough due to 1) her bad starting position and 2) she needs to be at the spot to aggro and kill the archers/fighter on turn 1 so that Sothe can rush through the area and everyone (except Nolan) can be involved in shoving.

I should note that the western route is an even worse option since in addition to having all your characters surviving random attacks on both enemy phases, you also need to somehow (I'm almost certain it's impossible) to move Ilyana far enough forward to kill the armored knight on turn 1 EP (otherwise she can't be shoved far enough forward to make it to the knight on turn 3). This isn't even counting the fact that after the boss moves, all the western enemies start charging, meaning that they will probably clog up the path to the seize spot as well.

Edited by ruadath

OK, so since a 3 turn of 1-3 doesn't seem to be possible, and I'm still looking for a 40 turn clear of Part 1, do you guys think that there is room for improvement in 1-7? Is it possible that with some complicated rescuing/shoving chains we can shave off a turn and finish in 3 turns?

It seems rather unlikely since I'm not certain it's possible to get a rescue/give/drop chain set up to get Micaiah far enough forward on turn 1 while still pushing Sothe forward far enough to recruit Tormod and his allies (who are probably necessary for either bosskilling or smiting+further rescuing). But do you guys have any ideas?

I'll check when I get there. And yes, Tormod's allies are all necessary for those.

From distance alone it looks possible, but I think the issue here (like in Chapter 1-3) is that you have enemies getting in the way; you need to kill at least one of the armored knights blocking your path on turn 1, and then mages blocking the ledge would need be dealt with on PP2, probably by (promoted?) Jill with a Hand Axe or something, so that Muarim (not sure if he has enough move, think he might just barely) can be shoved/given (by Volug?) Micaiah and then occupy the ledge and drop Micaiah off.

Even then, however, it is unclear how to proceed, since Micaiah would need to be shoved/smited 4 spaces to get into seizing range, and then you still need to have someone kill the boss? I think the only candidate for doing so would be Muarim, but then you need to figure out how to get enough people moved up far enough on turn 2 to shove Micaiah into place.

EDIT: Actually, I'm no longer certain Muarim can make it to the necessary spot, since I don't believe anyone has high enough Con to shove him...

Edited by ruadath

See fella, this is the difference between me and you. You plan way too far ahead. :awesome: I experiment a ton on trial and error. ),:

Actually, you're completely wrong on this point. For my first few attempts at playthroughs on this forum (even if not necessarily LTCs, in fact sometimes moreso due to ranks), I didn't put any effort into planning ahead, and as a result had to restart my playthroughs several times (in fact, I didn't end up finishing any of them!). So I'm trying to have that not be the case here.

Although I guess I've already failed since I've restarted twice

I think I agree with you here after doing some analysis. I haven't ruled it out as impossible though if I can get ranged attack people to kill (crit?) both of the mages on the ledge on turn 2; this could include Wind Edge!Zihark and Hand Axe!Jill/Nolan (more move). Both of them need to die since IIRC Muarim can barely make it to the space where the bottom mage is, and then he need to drop Micaiah north.

At the same time, however, I don't think Muarim can make it to the boss in time if he can't get shoved (haven't checked but I think he might fall a space or two short), which means Tormod needs to kill him. But shoving both Micaiah like 5 times and Tormod however many times he needs might require more units than I can afford...

EDIT: Actually, you would need to get Tormod up on the ledge too, which seems like it would probably be impossible. The other choices would include perhaps promoted Jill to take out the boss (perhaps with a forged Hand Axe she can do it with a crit. Or perhaps Volug? Not sure if he has enough Str/Skl etc. Perhaps with Adept he could make it work? I'm not sure whether they can reach, however.

Edited by ruadath

Hmmm, that disappointing. Looks like this will be another 1-3, where the 3 turn is tantalizingly close to being possible but not quite. I suppose that if Jill can't make it than neither can anyone else due to either less move and/or penalty from ledge taking up more spaces than I can afford to shove...

A couple of comments about things regarding this playthrough:

1-P: I've realized I was even luckier than I though with both of the bandits procing an addition point of Spd. While this may sound like a bad thing, the extra experience for Micaiah and Edward is absolutely necessary, so I'm glad that this happened by chance.

1-2: It's actually possible to shove Edward an additional space forward on the first turn than what I have in mind for the current 3 turn clear (Nolan shoves him once above the ledge). However, pushing him this extra step forward results in him aggroing the soldiers in the NW corner on turn 1, which blocks his path forward on turn 2 (even if he Wrath-crit kills the first one, the second one stays out of range and also wouldn't even be able to get doubled).

Yay a video!!!

O.o! You did it!!! That was bloody amazing!

Haha I thought it was cute how Laura tinks the soldier and the fighter, like tap-tap you're misbehaving...

Great strategy, I'm glad you got it to work. You even managed to get Edward, Micaiah, and Nolan some kills.

Haha I thought it was cute how Laura tinks the soldier and the fighter, like tap-tap you're misbehaving...

Yeah, apparently she gets some decent staff EXP for that. And it doesn't use up the staff at all. I should note that she doesn't have to dodge all 6 attacks; she can take a hit from either the archer or the soldier (provided he rounds down Str). After resetting maybe ~100 times at the beginning of the chapter to make sure the people who attacked her all had worst Biorhythm (and some other stuff), it took ~700 resets to get Laura to make the dodges; she has roughly .1% chance of surviving.

Great strategy, I'm glad you got it to work. You even managed to get Edward, Micaiah, and Nolan some kills.

Thanks! I also thought it was pretty cool how Nolan managed to get a ton of kills. He's beating my previous run by about 20 EXP, which is a pretty solid gain. In order to have this happen, however, I needed to reset a few more times so that the soldier in the SE corner (the one who gets killed by Nolan on EP2) rounds down both Def and Res, just like the Javelin guy in the previous Chapter.

On a different note, I think it isn't worth the time to continue looking for a 3 turn clear of 1-3, since I doubt it is at all possible. From here on out I will probably use the playthrough with transfers since I guess it will be beneficial to have the maximum resources possible while I plan for the upcoming unknowns.

sothe:atk 20,hit 140 ,avo 55(2:51)

sothe vs fighter

sothe:HP35,MT14x2,HIT100

fighter:HP25,MT6,HIT25

so fighter's hit=80

9x2(skl)+6(lck)-5(bad biorhythm)+80(iron axe’s hit)=99?

80?99?

Ah, just checked what you were looking at in the video. You're talking about when Sothe attacks the fighter, right? You're right that 25% hit does seem rather odd. Going to investigate as soon as I get back to my room.

Thanks for catching this!

Finally got back to my room, so I just found out what happened. For some bizarre reason, Sothe showed up with hacked Luck and Res transfers. ONLY Luck and Res transfers. I have no clue why this happened, as I thought I was playing on a file without transfers; I will do more investigating into this issue later.

EDIT: It seems Ilyana has some bizzare transfers as well, so I must be playing on a file with transfers. Sorry about the confusion. I can confirm that the save file that actually is supposed to have transfers has the correct ones.

Regarding your most recent post, I can definitely show you guys a video with "attack animations on." However, I've got a flight back home in ~5 hours (finally done with exams!), so the best I can give you right now would be screenshots of the attacks missing Laura in that context (would take too long to record the thing then have YouTube process it, and I still have to pack ;)

I'll edit this post in a bit with those.

Edited by ruadath

Finally got back to my room, so I just found out what happened. For some bizarre reason, Sothe showed up with hacked Luck and Res transfers. ONLY Luck and Res transfers. I have no clue why this happened, as I thought I was playing on a file without transfers; I will do more investigating into this issue later.

EDIT: It seems Ilyana has some bizzare transfers as well, so I must be playing on a file with transfers. Sorry about the confusion. I can confirm that the save file that actually is supposed to have transfers has the correct ones.

Regarding your most recent post, I can definitely show you guys a video with "attack animations on." However, I've got a flight back home in ~5 hours (finally done with exams!), so the best I can give you right now would be screenshots of the attacks missing Laura in that context (would take too long to record the thing then have YouTube process it, and I still have to pack ;)

I'll edit this post in a bit with those.

That‘s impossible。Sothe's ddg is 15(2:51)。