Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

Agreed. If they're going to remove a mechanic I hope we get something in place of it like getting to talk to or interact with the models in some way. I was never attached to the skinship idea, but I do dislike losing all those nice models. I'm sure there's some way they could do it without making people uncomfortable.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only problem with this is the fact that there is no replacement if it's true. It is an entire feature of the game with things that can be unlocked from it, and it's being removed with NO replacement? I did not like the feature either, and found it creepy like everyone else. But removing it without a replacement is not what I would of wanted. They could of easily added some kind of feature to talk to the characters using the models. I will say that the quote doesn't fully confirm its removal so I will wait to see if IGN covers this since they have been doing the gameplay videos for my castle and the first few chapters.

Edited by Tolvir

I agree with Fire Emblem Fan. The skinship thing was creepy and stupid as fuck to begin with.

Yep.

Burn it. I've never used this feature anyway as it's already annoying enough.

i know you nerds are mad that you maybe can't pet your waifus in game anymore but come on, put some effort into your madposting. i just had to do like three spam warns in this little new thread.

jeez.

PRUWYz.jpg

Ha ha ha ha haaaa.

I'm not gonna lie, a while ago I decided I was no longer going to get this game for multiple reasons.

One of them was the pandering that I would know to exist in the game and would just make me feel uncomfortable playing this game and no ability to take the characters as serious developped characters with knowledge that they were just to satisfy someones fetish.

With the removal of the biggest factor of this it's one of my bigger complaints gone.

And I've decided to buy it and support this franchise once more to show to nintendo that even though hundreds of people are whining about it, there remain people like me who support this decision and prefer Fire Emblem without fanservice.

That there was too much of.

-----

It needs to go.

Seriously. It only makes many players mad since this game took it over the top to being a dating sim. -.-

Edited by PuffPuff

Agreed. If they're going to remove a mechanic I hope we get something in place of it like getting to talk to or interact with the models in some way. I was never attached to the skinship idea, but I do dislike losing all those nice models. I'm sure there's some way they could do it without making people uncomfortable.

well I mean, don't they use the models in the S supports? I don't think they'd remove those.

If it's the "touching" that was bothering people they can simply remove the use of the touchscreen and replace it with "Press "A" to Talk/Converse/Interact/Whatever". Removing the whole thing is dumb as hell.

Well. OK, then. I'm actually surprised, but not exactly disappointed. Sorry for people who wanted it in, but then again it could just be a rumour? I wonder what the purpose of MyRoom is instead, if not just for changing hairstyle (we saw an exclamation mark above it in one video.) Well, whatever.

While I highly doubt this is true, there's the small (not actually that small) part of me that thinks it's a possibility. I hope that it is still there. A lot of the monologue dialogue in there was silly or absolutely hilarious, most notably Jakob's "I'll Make A Mess Out of You", at least to me.

If it's the "touching" that was bothering people they can simply remove the use of the touchscreen and replace it with "Press "A" to Talk/Converse/Interact/Whatever". Removing the whole thing is dumb as hell.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/07/dont-need-this-dont-need-that-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-485/

FkzABE.jpg

Sakurai himself couldn't have said it anything better. ^_^

I can't wait for Fire Emblem 15 where they remove everything that might upset anyone. I'm ready to save the mystical land of Friendship by pillowfighting with dragons until they get tired and fall asleep. It has to be done, because otherwise they'll eat all the cookies instead of sharing. And instead of babies every first-gen unit has a younger sibling who their parents drop off when they hit "holding hands" rank with another unit.

As people pointed out though, Treehouse footage still showed that something goes on inside Corrin's room, and it could be just what you suggested here.

I can't wait for Fire Emblem 15 where they remove everything that might upset anyone. I'm ready to save the mystical land of Friendship by pillowfighting with dragons until they get tired and fall asleep. It has to be done, because otherwise they'll eat all the cookies instead of sharing. And instead of babies every first-gen unit has a younger sibling who their parents drop off when they hit "holding hands" rank with another unit.

this post is hilarious and i love it just because there's no way it could actually happen

with that said >Kotaku

i've never trusted them as a source so i'm going to hold in my ejaculation for this glorious piece of news, but you can bet your ass if its true i will drown this forum is such a huge flood of cum that it'll be shut down for a day just trying to clean it out.

but seriously, fire emblem was made without this perversion of gameplay mechanics so i couldn't be happier with whats going on, i might die of salt overdose from all the salty tears i'm drinking from others tho.

As people pointed out though, Treehouse footage still showed that something goes on inside Corrin's room, and it could be just what you suggested here.

now this sounds fine, more talks to characters would be swell.

Hmm, if this is true I wonder if something to do with it might also be because of the voice actors themselves... I mean for one Chrom's voice actor Matthew Mercer was a bit at a loss of words when he was told to do some lines for marriage in Awakening. I can only imagine how it could be like for him doing skinship for Ryoma.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

Hmm, if this is true I wonder if something to do with it might also be because of the voice actors themselves... I mean for one Chrom's voice actor Matthew Mercer was a bit at a loss of words when he was told to do some lines for marriage in Awakening. I can only imagine how it could be like for him doing skinship for Ryoma.

I doubt that. Most of these VAs have done much more "adult" work than this so I doubt that was ever an issue.

...If this ends up being true, then I'll be refraining from purchasing this, or any game from Nintendo for the foreseeable future. I'm not inclined to support a developer or publisher that's intentionally giving me an inferior product...

This also points out that it couldn't have been said anything better.

It will displease some people, but that is why that they have their imported copies...isn't it?!

Hah, in your face Zero! "Even if you cry or scream, I won't stop?" Don't worry, you won't even get to start. That's what you get for trying to kamui Kamui.

Nah, I think Kotaku probably just misunderstood something. I can't see NoA scratch such a big feature altogether.

Edited by BrightBow

It's true that a lot of work must've been a lot of work to put skinship in the game, so regardless how I look at a it, it is a wonderful waste.

Not that I like skinship, of course, but I see the points that are made.

Of course, we're not sure if the removal is true of whatever, sooooo...

Edited by B.Leu

I don't exactly trust kotaku, but if it really is removed they should lower the price or something since they took a chunk out of the game. As small a feature as it is, I still don't want to pay full price for less game than Japan got.