Official Release date of Fire Emblem Fates in South Korea is Fall 2016

Great Merchant

http://www.nintendo.co.kr/PR/press_list.php?cPage1=1&cPage2=1&idx=239 (Korean)

Last August, I posted the thread that Nintendo decided to officially release Fire Emblem Fates in South Korea.

Today, Nintendo Korea announced that Fire Emblem Fates will be released in Fall 2016. So, Korean Fire Emblem fans have to wait more than a year (from first announcement in last August) to get their hands on Fire Emblem Fates.

This news probably does not matter too much for NA Fire Emblem fans, but it is good to know that franchise is growing steadily.

Generally how long is the difference between the release dates of EU and South Korea for Japanese games?

That really depends on games. Sometimes NA and Europe gets Japanese games first. Other times, Korea gets Japanese game titles first like Trails of Cold Steel and Senran Kagura.

Edited by Great Merchant

Be patient. You'll get Fates when the rest of us are playing FE15.

Generally how long is the difference between the release dates of EU and South Korea for Japanese games? tfw you get fe14 in 2017 even though an english version is already out

[spoiler=Wy u do ths?]

I am very sorely tempted to get Hoshido in Korean. But my only motivation for this is so that I can use it as a tool to brush up on my extremely rusty Korean. Fall 2016 is a long time from now, so maybe it'll be worth the purchase then, but for now … I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Someday my friends, someday (eu) xD
Well it's kinda sad tho, PVP still exist, when NA will have lvled-up teams and maxed in general EU will just start playing, that is sad for me.

My friend is European, & he is upset that I'll always defeat him in PVP because I get the game before he even gets a release date. xD

Yay for the Koreans though!

Well, at some point you'll have maxed units already with every skill you have right? :P

Well, at some point you'll have maxed units already with every skill you have right? :P

Exactly xD He gets the game & I'll have finished all my files, maxed out units & all

And he'll still pretend he can win, like the stubborn ninny he is

Exactly xD He gets the game & I'll have finished all my files, maxed out units & all

And he'll still pretend he can win, like the stubborn ninny he is

maxin isn't problem, problem will be forging, to forge one weapon to _+7 you need alot of monnies and time, won't talk about more weapons.

maxin isn't problem, problem will be forging, to forge one weapon to _+7 you need alot of monnies and time, won't talk about more weapons.

I love grinding, so manies & time is all I have xD

But anywho, it's sad to see Koreans get a date before poor Europe xD

Are we expecting dubs as well on top of translation?

So far, nothing else is decided. Considering that this is first time for Fire Emblem to be released in Korea, Nintendo probably will not know how well it will be sold. So, I am afraid that chance is pretty slim.

If they actually dub this, it will be great since Korea has ton of qualified VAs. Most VAs in Korea are hired by broadcasting companies, which set very high standard for qualifications.

EDIT: Competition is really tough for being a VA in Korea because companies hire roughly 1 out of 300 applicants in every 1 - 3 years.

Edited by Great Merchant

this is seriously ridiculous. The very least they could have done is given us a release date for Europe/Australia but no not even that. *sigh*

(I'm hoping deeply in my heart that the US release date is also the EU release date but it just hasnt been clarified.)

this is seriously ridiculous. The very least they could have done is given us a release date for Europe/Australia but no not even that. *sigh*

(I'm hoping deeply in my heart that the US release date is also the EU release date but it just hasnt been clarified.)

Yeah me too. I think it's great for South Korea since they're finally getting FE, but I'm kinda hankering for the moment NoE goes "haha oh Fire Emblem Fates? Yeah that comes out next month. Soz we kinda forgot."