Little irks

Hoshidokoala

The thing that irks me with FE:Fates would have to be the art style.

Not to rag on the current artist but I much preferred the artist for FE9 and FE10, Senri Kita (I believe). I liked that practically and the realism (or as realistic as you could get) depictions of the armor. Petrine and Titania were my two favorite Paladins in FE9; their armor was functional but there was an elegance to them with how they presented themselves. Elincia, too, was very elegant in her armor. In FE10, I absolutely feel in love with the Paladin and Falcon Knight lines simply because of the character art.

Just... As much as I love Camilla, put her one some pants. I will even except leather pants; they aren't that much of a upgrade but I feel she would've looked so much more badass with leather pants. The fighter class makes me want to cry. Battle thongs!? Massive wedgies!? CHAFING!? The heavy armored units, the knights... All they need are pants.

Pants. Pants. Pants.

To be fair, it's not the artist's fault, the lack of pants the Art Director's fault.

Here's a picture of Camilla by the original artist, Kozaki, without the Art Director.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQktEBJWjvcZa-e2EPCA2YkAEnQ0hUmbywOV6vc-eDVk20UlXxQ4C11O3vGTw

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that's because of the children's base color(which is typically a grey) and how its overlayed. Since Azura and Shigure's hair colors are unchanging, they don't have to go through any overlays. To see what I mean by overlay..

[spoiler=its just a poorly done example image lol]tumblr_o1tynfZPTd1u6mcruo1_400.png

and yeah, Peri does look better that way. I do find her cute overall, but her personality..

Oh yes, that's most likely what causes the difference in their hair colours. It's just that the difference is so glaring with this specific shade, that's why it bothers me a bit. The other female units don't seem to have this problem so much. And I agree on Peri, a change of hair colour still wouldn't help her personality, haha.

Jw, is anyone able to make a profile of Sakura with black pupils? I would do it but my editing skills are horrific

Like this?

vypkqh.png

I have a little irk with a certain song... Now I honestly love this song but the way they used it wasn't something you would of used it for. The song is "STRM_BOSS_B2"/Second nohr fight. It doesn't seem so... Fitting for nohr? It doesn't have a fitting feel to nohr, but this is just my opinion.

To be fair, it's not the artist's fault, the lack of pants the Art Director's fault.

Here's a picture of Camilla by the original artist, Kozaki, without the Art Director.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQktEBJWjvcZa-e2EPCA2YkAEnQ0hUmbywOV6vc-eDVk20UlXxQ4C11O3vGTw

Yeah, I wasn't sure about it so I just kind of put the artist. Well, the art director needs to step his game up. Take some notes from the earlier games.

I just want pants. Battle tights? Anything to cover their bottom halves.

In no particular order:

1. Female pants.

2. The fact that I am still restricted to a daughter if I play male (I think a choice or getting both a daughter and son would be cool).

3. Azura's hair strand

Edit: 4. Not getting the black dress for Azura in Conquest.

Those are the things that come to mind.

Edited by Auro Astum

Oh yes, that's most likely what causes the difference in their hair colours. It's just that the difference is so glaring with this specific shade, that's why it bothers me a bit. The other female units don't seem to have this problem so much. And I agree on Peri, a change of hair colour still wouldn't help her personality, haha.

Like this?

vypkqh.png

OMG yess that looks much cuter! I think that it makes her look more human in a weird way

Oh, and the tome icons being all similar to fire tomes. I forgot that.

I mean, if they were too lazy to make new icons, they could've recycled Awakening's.

Beruka looks like she desperately wants to say "Please let go of me, Mistress Camilla." in that picture.

Is there any proof of this? Because that's just a doodle he did of her. That's like saying Peri should be wearing a chef hat but the art director said not to.

Well:

-Lack of kids from gay marriage (Especially Nina. I mean she barely looks like Zero having a different skin tone an all)

-Battle Panties

-Some battle animations (Fem Ninja's jiggly bits, Songstress)

-Lack of custom weapon icons

-Azura not wearing black in Conquest except for that one scene

-If you want to marry a first gen female that is not a Corrinsexual as M!Corrin, you loose a child. Like why?

I don't like male Corrin's design. Something about it just bothers me... I think it's the way the collar looks on him? Or maybe just his whole skintight outfit? It's just very bleh to me. I think female Corrin looks totally cute, though.

I'm also kinda irked out by the "battle panties", haha.

One thing I just realized that irritated me is that almost all the siblings besides like Takumi and Leon are what I call "anime siblings". AKA siblings who dote over each other and don't fight and are just a loving perfect family and I forgot how much I hated "anime siblings". They're just so unrealistic I swear people in Japan don't know how actual family dynamics work. Then again they have ulterior motives when writing siblings like this most of the time the amount of incest/pseudo incest in anime I swear. Siblings aren't I love you so much. Siblings are "Why are you in my room?" "To Annoy you" "Get out" "Make me" they fight a lot and they love to irritate one another. I'm not saying real life siblings don't love each other but for the most part they certainly don't dote on each other.

Please don't get offended though I'm not saying I hate the characters I actually really love the siblings characters except for one. I'm just saying I hate this trope and dislike that almost all the siblings fall under it.

The irks that I have are mostly just gameplay irks. A lot of the base classes for characters do not fit at all. Which was weird since Awakening let you play and win with just promotions of the same classes that characters started out with. I also like this as well, since it sets up for a lot of customization.

My annoyances with the game would be:

-The younger model for female Corrin. I just strongly dislike how she looks, I dunno, there's something really awkward about her.

-Male Corrin's hair options can't be, I dunno... more normal-looking?

-The designs of both Kanna's. I wasn't much of a fan of the tight body suit to begin with, but that giant kerchief really isn't helping.

-Male Corrin's giraffe neck.

-The fact that you lose one of the kids if you play as male Corrin and marry a first-gen female.

-This has always been an irk of mine in regards to anime, but the female hairstyles that gain volume as they get longer. Camilla's and Charlotte's I can accept because their hair is wavy, but Azura's hair, Nyx's hair, and Elise's pigtails just bother me. Nyx in particular looks like a Christmas tree.

-The fact that Azura doesn't wear that awesome dark-colored dress in Nohr.

-The hair color of Azura's second child. It's off.

-The lack of certain hair colors coupled with the abundance of blues, blondes, and reds.

-Mitama's portrait. She looks slightly smaller than everyone else, and the proportional inconsistency bothers me.

-Takumi's live 2D model. It looks strangely off.

-The design of dragon Corrin. I think I'd like it better if the joints of its front legs were the other way and it looked like it actually had a mouth. How is it supposed to eat?

-The fact that Takumi does nothing in chapter 5. Dick. Yeah okay maybe he didn't have a bow on him also jk I actually really like Takumi

-Setsuna's growths. They just seem really bad as a whole and if you want all the kids, somebody's going to have to deal with them bringing a lot of averages down.

-Units that start off really weak when you get them, not that this hasn't happened in past games, but still. Thanks for making it hard to use Charlotte, game.

-The fact that after you build the accessory shop, characters keep asking you for accessories and it never ends, even if you get rid of it. Yeah, it can help you build supports, but most of the accessories look really dumb to me, so then I have to waste time going back in the shop and removing all the ones I gave out. I may just avoid building the shop entirely because of this.

That's all I can think of for now. I love this game, but I do have a lot of little irks, lol. I over-think things too much.

-Mitama's portrait. She looks slightly smaller than everyone else, and the proportional inconsistency bothers me.

I think that's because they really wanted to show her writing a haïku, so they had to reduce the size to fit her head + what she's holding in her hand (I don't really know if it has a specific name or I can just say Haïku paper :x )

Edit : Another thing I noticed, and I really don't know why they did that, is : Avatar's Facial Features, in Awakening your option was on your Avatar in-game model + the MugShot, in Fates it's only on the MugShot...why?

Edit 2 : Just checked, only the eyepatch is showing on the in-game model, no scars, no markings, no nothing.

Edited by Tharne

My annoyances with the game would be:

-The younger model for female Corrin. I just strongly dislike how she looks, I dunno, there's something really awkward about her.

-Male Corrin's hair options can't be, I dunno... more normal-looking?

-The designs of both Kanna's. I wasn't much of a fan of the tight body suit to begin with, but that giant kerchief really isn't helping.

-Male Corrin's giraffe neck.

-The fact that you lose one of the kids if you play as male Corrin and marry a first-gen female.

-This has always been an irk of mine in regards to anime, but the female hairstyles that gain volume as they get longer. Camilla's and Charlotte's I can accept because their hair is wavy, but Azura's hair, Nyx's hair, and Elise's pigtails just bother me. Nyx in particular looks like a Christmas tree.

-The fact that Azura doesn't wear that awesome dark-colored dress in Nohr.

-The hair color of Azura's second child. It's off.

-The lack of certain hair colors coupled with the abundance of blues, blondes, and reds.

-Takumi's live 2D model. It looks strangely off.

-The design of dragon Corrin. I think I'd like it better if the joints of its front legs were the other way and it looked like it actually had a mouth. How is it supposed to eat?

-The fact that Takumi does nothing in chapter 5. Dick. Yeah okay maybe he didn't have a bow on him also jk I actually really like Takumi

-Setsuna's growths. They just seem really bad as a whole and if you want all the kids, somebody's going to have to deal with them bringing a lot of averages down.

-Units that start off really weak when you get them, not that this hasn't happened in past games, but still. Thanks for making it hard to use Charlotte, game.

-The fact that after you build the accessory shop, characters keep asking you for accessories and it never ends, even if you get rid of it. Yeah, it can help you build supports, but most of the accessories look really dumb to me, so then I have to waste time going back in the shop and removing all the ones I gave out. I may just avoid building the shop entirely because of this.

That's all I can think of for now. I love this game, but I do have a lot of little irks, lol. I over-think things too much.

This is another one. I think it's fair to have male MUs have two children only if they marry one character, seeing as that was the case with females in Awakening, but even if you did marry a first gen male in Awakening, you could still get all the children.

It bothers me that Shigure can never inherit a different hair colour for some reason. Why?? What reason is there other than to be like Lucina, who had a reason because she was in cutscenes!?? Since kids are really non-canon and I don't really care for a lot of them, I usually just grab them to see what their hair colours look like so when Shigure shows up with his still-light blue hair I kind of don't even bother.

A few things

- IK saves don't get a unique save color. Like if you're playing Nohr you get a purple save and if you play Hoshido you get a blue save. IK just gets default brown.

- Luna and Belka's growths and mods. Camilla likes strong girls and it's kind of unfitting that both of them have -1 Str mod and 30% Str growths.

- No child fighter. I would have liked to have a 2nd gen fighter. I could see either Siegbert or Dia filling in that role seeing as we already have Sophie and Foleo.

- Wasteland tiles. They just blend in to well with plain tiles.

Edited by zoned out

- Luna and Belka's growths and mods. Camilla likes strong girls and it's kind of unfitting that both of them have -1 Str mod and 30% Str growths.

After I heard this, I was hoping Camilla could support with Charlotte, but disappointingly, this is not the case.