Little irks

Hoshidokoala

I only have three things that irk me (other than some of the name changes but eh, that's been talked about to death).

1) Nina/Eponine's normal sprite. I don't know why, there is just something about it that looks off (I think it's how she posed) but I love how she looks in her skinship model.

2) Siegbert's skinship model (although I do like his normal sprite, well other than his mullet anyway), like I think his skinship model looks like a corpse (mostly with Hinoka, Sakura, Effie's, and Mozume's hair colors).

3) The hair colors that only male!Kanna can get (from the first gen males, anyway). I didn't care for how most of them are white, grey, and blond (and maybe brown and red). I dunno, I just think it's lame that like Izana, Ayura, Flannel, and Niles pass down the same hair color (don't believe me? Look for yourself : http://sereneseas.tumblr.com/post/132052620593/cutiiiiiie-heres-the-first-bit-of-my-project).

I don't really care for Selena and Soleil's normal sprites ether but not as much as Nina/Eponine (I think it's their poses more than anything else, really).

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I've come to love my son Gurei, his pose in his face sprite pisses me off. PUT YOUR ARMS DOWN KID. I also wish he didn't have that thing in his mouth all the time, it's really annoying for some reason.

3) The hair colors that only male!Kanna can get (from the first gen males, anyway). I didn't care for how most of them are white, grey, and blond (and maybe brown and red). I dunno, I just think it's lame that like Izana, Ayura, Flannel, and Niles pass down the same hair color (don't believe me? Look for yourself : http://sereneseas.tumblr.com/post/132052620593/cutiiiiiie-heres-the-first-bit-of-my-project).

This too! F!Kanna gets a pretty wide range of colours iirc and M!Kanna gets several shades of blonde and white on Nohr and red and brown on Hoshido with the exceptions of, like, Silas and Kaze.

Also, thigh holes and panty windows. I have a few others but I don't think they count as "little irks" since they are far larger.

Hello all! Don't mind me, just gonna leave this here...

tumblr_nz0j1nJZym1uv4jqho1_500.png

I personally find this cute. It makes her look younger, or maybe like she has a softer personality. The details are in the character design, man.

As for me.. Peri's heterochromia. Like. C'mon. She's edgy-special snowflake-y enough. The heterochromia really just put the nail in her coffin for me. And it sucks too, because I think she looks absolutely adorable.

Also.. Shinonome's stupid ass hair. It would look wayyyy better without his bangs being weirdly longer than the rest of his hair. His hair makes him look like somebody I'd beat up at school.

Also.. Laslow's lack of pink hair. He woulda looked so GOOD with that. The only reason I can figure out as to why they didn't give it to him is because he's a guy. I mean, Olivia has pink hair, and she and Laslow are 1) similar in personality 2) have the same hobbies and 3) directly related (mother --> son), it seems like he should have pink hair. Fuck, even Soleil's canon hair color is pink! This kills me. I'm sad. :c

Also.. Laslow's lack of pink hair. He woulda looked so GOOD with that. The only reason I can figure out as to why they didn't give it to him is because he's a guy. I mean, Olivia has pink hair, and she and Laslow are 1) similar in personality 2) have the same hobbies and 3) directly related (mother --> son), it seems like he should have pink hair. Fuck, even Soleil's canon hair color is pink! This kills me. I'm sad. :c

Disagree. I would not prefer him with pink hair. The reason why he doesn't is because Inigo's canon hair wasn't pink either, and Pink hair on him would just not sit well with me. I can't put my finger on why, but it just wouldn't.

Sorry for my poor English but what does irk means? (Spanish is my native language)

I understand that is something than irritate you

I don't like the miss of a left handed character or maybe a customization of the avatar, they can mirror the 3D model and BOOM the character is left handed

Sorry for my poor English but what does irk means? (Spanish is my native language)

I don't like the miss of a left handed character or maybe a customization of the avatar, they can mirror the 3D model and BOOM the character is left handed

Basically a little think that just annoys you, but isn't usually something very major.

Basically means small things that you dislike, but are not going to affect your purchase/opinion of the game

Edit:Kaze'd

Edited by MCProductions

Peri's skinship model. She's leaning on her sword, but since the lower body has no animations, moving the camera down a little will show her sword awkwardly bobbing up and down with her body when she talks, as if she was stabbing it into the ground over and over. It looks terrible

This too! F!Kanna gets a pretty wide range of colours iirc and M!Kanna gets several shades of blonde and white on Nohr and red and brown on Hoshido with the exceptions of, like, Silas and Kaze.

Also, thigh holes and panty windows. I have a few others but I don't think they count as "little irks" since they are far larger.

Honestly I prefer the MKanna options for hair colors as a whole.

I'm also on the lack of facial hair boat. Wanted to give my male Corrin some facial hair.

It would have been nice, since female Corrins get one extra menu for hair decs, if male Corrins got an extra menu for facial hair.

With Cervantes' moustache as one of the options, naturally.

My other real nitpick is more of a pretty major gripe, actually; the whole "male corrin can't marry a first generation female without losing a kid" issue. Don't appreciate being railroaded away from options like that.

I kind of wish the female royals had uniue weapons like the males do. Also, it would have been nice if there was a new class upgrade for the 3rd path rather than just white blood and dark blood.

Yeah. The female royals kinda get the short end of the stick, compared to the male royals at least. The males have unique weapons, more story significance, the focus on reproduction is more on them and the cherry on top is that there are next to ZERO possibilities of getting a female heir. All 4 of the male royals' kids are male, as is Shigure. Only Kanna can potentially be a second generation princess.

Little irks, let's see.

1. Promotions frequently don't take on the color scheme of the base class.

2. No unique item/weapon icons.

3. No special weapons for the sisters.

The lack of chromatic diversity bothers me. Only one green haired character (you can't even get a green haired Midoriko without the Avatar) and a whole lot of whites and blondes. What am I playing, FF12?

Hello all! Don't mind me, just gonna leave this here...

tumblr_nz0j1nJZym1uv4jqho1_500.png

Well I like it. It makes her look softer but I don't think that's a problem. Her voice and personality will quickly color your perception.

Which is not true at all, there's plenty of great moustaches and beards in Japanese history.

"in history" are the optimal words. Facial hair isn't very common in modern Japan. It exists, here and there, but most men don't carry it. Good, their lack of beard empowers my own.

Little irks, let's see.

The lack of chromatic diversity bothers me. Only one green haired character (you can't even get a green haired Midoriko without the Avatar) and a whole lot of whites and blondes. What am I playing, FF12?

I do recall that Yusuke Kozaki isn't exactly fond of green-colored hair -- naturally, that would be the color he uses the least often.

3. No special weapons for the sisters.

"in history" are the optimal words. Facial hair isn't very common in modern Japan. It exists, here and there, but most men don't carry it. Good, their lack of beard empowers my own.

This is kind of ironic, since I figured the reason why they switched to males having unique weapons and such was the fact that historically both Japan and Europe have been patriarchal societies.

1. Takumi's Live2D Model, I just hate it. That was probably my only playthrough where I didn't unlock the Skinship Unlockables.

2. Reina only being able to marry Corrin. Reina has the perfect blue Lord hair imo and I really wanted her hair on Shinonome or Kisaragi. Plus I just love her and I feel bad leaving her unmarried.

3. I'm sure it has been said enough but Flora not being able to get with Jakob.

4. Actually just the fact that there are any characters that can't marry anyone but Corrin

1. Takumi's Live2D Model, I just hate it. That was probably my only playthrough where I didn't unlock the Skinship Unlockables.

2. Reina only being able to marry Corrin. Reina has the perfect blue Lord hair imo and I really wanted her hair on Shinonome or Kisaragi. Plus I just love her and I feel bad leaving her unmarried.

3. I'm sure it has been said enough but Flora not being able to get with Jakob.

4. Actually just the fact that there are any characters that can't marry anyone but Corrin

Honestly it just seems like they put Kamuisexuals in there because 'Awakening had them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯'.

Add onto that the fact that you can completely miss out on a child character if you play as Mamui and marry a firstgen girl. Making CrimsonScarlet, Reina, Flora and Asyura marriageable candidates for a wider pool couldn't have been too much to ask, could it?

I can never have a team of 100% beautiful children because some of the mothers have shitty hair colours (Peri/Camilla/Azura being the most glaringly obvious examples). Awakening was better in this regard, IMO.

I like Peri's blue hair, it is colourful but Azura's and Camilla's hair are lack of color, I like almost all Hoshido hair color for both male and females

I don't like that Anna looks like a child. If there's a story reason for why she looks that way, don't tell me, but right now, I don't like it.

Yeah, I prefer the Awakening Anna

Also.. Shinonome's stupid ass hair. It would look wayyyy better without his bangs being weirdly longer than the rest of his hair. His hair makes him look like somebody I'd beat up at school.

Yes. How does hair like that even happen. It's like the barber began cutting his hair and gave up halfway because his lobster genes gave him steel wire for hair. Maybe that's why Ryoma looks like he hasn't gotten a haircut in a decade.