Little irks

Hoshidokoala

I thought silent supports were a blessing, honestly. I found them so awkward in Awakening; like, Sumia and Chrom's already infamous pie support doesn't improve because Sumia says "for Ylisse!" at the prospect of baking more.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so weird that they simply left out the voice clips without any actual replacement. They are not handling it like in Awakening, yet they are not handling it like in the old games either. There is just nothing now.

With that said, I agree that the voice clips didn't do the script any favours. When I'm reading text, I don't need anyone to shout about something completely unrelated.

Edited by BrightBow

Yeah.. the lack of voice clips bothers me too...

And yes, the unique icons, especially for tomes. Some tomes have unique names and I just don't know what type it is without reading the text now. (Yes, I care about it for some reasons...)

Felicia's voice. Dear lord. Her japanese voice is waaay too high-pitched and now her English voice sounds weird...

Ryouma having a deeping voice than Xander... :C

And another thing... is it me.. or do Leon's eyes look a but feminine in his 2D viewer model? Kinda bugs me... Only proving that Marth is actually a gurl though hue

Is it just me or is Felicia's voice cute? Though that might just be my insecurity speaking. It's nice to have a deeper voice for a cute character. I really always had issues with my not high pitched squeaky voice.

The only irk I have is that Nintendo DOESN'T CONFIRM ANYTHING jesus christ. At this point I don't care. I just wish people would stop arguing.

That and Tsubaki's voice in the English version sounds like a science teacher but it's not like I was going to bother with the English voice version anyway.

Weapon icons is a definite irk.

Anna looking so... young in comparison to Awakening.

Lazwald's name being Laslow now. Reminds me too much of Camp Lazlo. Unless they're being meta with it referring to his Spd growth and that's actually kinda funny.

Yes, the weapon icons is where they truly fucked up in the art department this time around.

Also I don't like how yet again characters don't have their own palette for each class. Is it really that hard to make...? I wonder what's stopping them. And I'll be rightfully pissed if they don't have a unique palette for each promotion.

Yet another thing that irks me is how some children still have eyebrows with a different color from their hair. Man, Brady and Noire already had that problem in Awakening, but now it went full force.

Edited by CrimeanRoyalKnight

Yes, the weapon icons is where they truly fucked up in the art department this time around.

Also I don't like how yet again characters don't have their own palette for each class. Is it really that hard to make...? I wonder what's stopping them. And I'll be rightfully pissed if they don't have a unique palette for each promotion.

Yet another thing that irks me is how some children still have eyebrows with a different color from their hair. Man, Brady and Noire already had that problem in Awakening, but now it went full force.

Ugh. I still can't get over my precious little Morgan having Lissa's hair with black eyebrows. Poor thing...

"Subaki" is the only one that particularly irks me. Condensing "ou"s into just "o"s is fine, since that doesn't change the pronunciation, but "tsu" is a whole different sound from "su".

The random shortenings like Kazahana to just Hana are odd but not particularly irksome to me.

Some of the localized names really annoy me, like the shift from Tsubaki to Subaki. It's kind of an insult to the intelligence of Western audiences. Like, "Oh man, this pronunciation is really going to trip them up!"

I mean, we say tsunami anyway, so people would either pronounce it right or just assume the t is silent like how some people prounounce tsunami.

On the ou to o changes though... Saizo looks too short to me now. It's like... just feels wrong.

This one is minor, but they took out the sound bites in the support conversations. A step down from Awakening, IMO.

Agreed. I'll miss the wonders of hearing the equivalent of "Special Delivery" on Henry and Olivia's S support.

In all seriousness, the lack of voice clips during supports does irk me.

Wholeheartedly agree on the missing voice clips and the weapon icons. I wish they had just reused the icons from FE:A.

Two other things that irk me a bit are the hair colour that Azura passes down to her child and Peri's two-tone hairstyle.

In Azura's case it bothers me that her second child doesn't receive the same shade of blue as she and Shigure have.

Peri's overall design looks a bit too busy to me. I think she would look nicer, if her hair was unicoloured.

e.g.: 2ir0qie.png(or otherwise all blue.)

Wholeheartedly agree on the missing voice clips and the weapon icons. I wish they had just reused the icons from FE:A.

Two other things that irk me a bit are the hair colour that Azura passes down to her child and Peri's two-tone hairstyle.

In Azura's case it bothers me that her second child doesn't receive the same shade of blue as she and Shigure have.

Peri's overall design looks a bit too busy to me. I think she would look nicer, if her hair was unicoloured.

e.g.: 2ir0qie.png(or otherwise all blue.)

I believe that's because of the children's base color(which is typically a grey) and how its overlayed. Since Azura and Shigure's hair colors are unchanging, they don't have to go through any overlays. To see what I mean by overlay..

[spoiler=its just a poorly done example image lol]tumblr_o1tynfZPTd1u6mcruo1_400.png

and yeah, Peri does look better that way. I do find her cute overall, but her personality..

If anyone wants to look at KamuiCustomizer's code it's open on Github. That should tell you exactly how the hair system works. I had to replicate it, and doing a two tone using code is, while not impossible, just far too much effort for something you can justify with hair dye.

The new critical cut ins. I thought Awakening's were really well done with just the eyes of the characters. Fates full face shot is cool but the little animation they added really bug me. Especially characters like Xander and Ryoma where they just open their mouth awkwardly.

I would love to know why they took out weapon icons. What is because they thought that players would get confused between Hoshidian vs Nohrian weapons? I don't see why that would be the reasoning because units, regardless of nationality, can equip both Hoshidian and Nohrian weapons anyway.

No unique weapon icons makes the inventory screen look dumb. >:(

I would love to know why they took out weapon icons. What is because they thought that players would get confused between Hoshidian vs Nohrian weapons? I don't see why that would be the reasoning because units, regardless of nationality, can equip both Hoshidian and Nohrian weapons anyway.

No unique weapon icons makes the inventory screen look dumb. >:(

I'm guessing it was because some weapons would look samey, while some may have been difficult to give an icon too. It doesn't bother me that much, since I look at the name more than the icon anyway, but I am curious as to why they did without this time.

The new critical cut ins. I thought Awakening's were really well done with just the eyes of the characters. Fates full face shot is cool but the little animation they added really bug me. Especially characters like Xander and Ryoma where they just open their mouth awkwardly.

Yeah, the open mouths for some of the characters (Hayato is another one) kind of bugs me too, it looks weird. Specially when it doesn't really match the line (or laugh, or grunt) they are saying while doing it. Maybe that will change with the dub.

I mean, we say tsunami anyway, so people would either pronounce it right or just assume the t is silent like how some people prounounce tsunami.

On the ou to o changes though... Saizo looks too short to me now. It's like... just feels wrong.

brah, the T in Tsunami is not silent. I am going to assume you know that, but it seems a huge amount of Americans do not. #ThingsThatMakeLoki'sTeethChatter

Tsubaki's removal of the T almost seems to be like, saying "yeah, that T WAS silent the whole time!"

D:<

Edited by Loki Laufeyson