Compilation of Voice Clips

Hunter Nightblood

They sound pretty different, although it could be the same voice actors. Severa's sounds really familiar, especially when she says "Whatever!", though I'm not sure what it reminds me of. Honestly though, I prefer them to their performances in Awakening. Severa sounds less like she's constantly bitching about something and Owain sounds fucking insane in the best way possible. i hope they don't ruin inigo or i might die a little

Yeah, they could be the same and I'm just not hearing them well enough, or maybe like lordcorrin said, perhaps they're sounding a bit different for various reasons. I'm worried about Inigo-- er, Laslow as well. Liam O'Brien has a very distinct voice and I liked his performance, so I'm a little apprehensive at the thought of a sound-alike if they can't get him back, but I guess we'll see.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had mixed feelings toward the voices (when I watched some of the LPs), but this compilation made me see they're overall acceptable, if not above average. The only ones I plainly disliked were Hinoka's and Belka's (I could be wrong, since I've only heard a single line from her and a battle quote, but I expected someone much more monotone and... "unlively"? And Hinoka seems to have a bad case of sore throat every time she speaks). Loved Kaden, Aqua, Felicia and Sakura, and Takumi's voice acting is surprisingly better than I imagined from the trailer. Sakura and Leon sound older than they are, but I'm fine with turning a blind eye.

Edited by Rapier

Some are really bad, but at least it's very fun to listen to them. I love bad dubs.

FYI I'm referring to Felicia for the most part, lol. WEE GOT TRUH-BLL!

I'm just glad someone got rid of that high pitched voice of hers

and then it went to Nyx

great

also, the "WEE GOT TRUH-BLL!" part is how I hear it whenever anyone speaks in english, so I didn't even notice. :V

Edited by Rapier

Some are really bad, but at least it's very fun to listen to them. I love bad dubs.

FYI I'm referring to Felicia for the most part, lol. WEE GOT TRUH-BLL!

I have to agree on this, because as bad as Felicia and Hinoka's voices were, it was hard not to laugh at "NOHRIAN SCUM" and "WE'VE GOT TROUBLE"

LIAM O'BRIEN PLS DON'T FUCK THIS UP I WILL DIE A LITTLE TOO

the thing that worries me the most is that they seem to be doing pretty different voices for severa and owain

and while i'm fine with them, and prefer them to the original ones

if they change inigo I don't know how they can make it as good as he was in Awakening

the thing that worries me the most is that they seem to be doing pretty different voices for severa and owain

and while i'm fine with them, and prefer them to the original ones

if they change inigo I don't know how they can make it as good as he was in Awakening

I don't know how much deeper/higher he can get but I will be amused if his voice ends up being just as deep as Akihiko's in Persona 3.

I won't be mad if that's the case though. I freakin love Akihiko.

Edited by carefreejules

The sound quality definitely isn't the greatest; they sound a bit muffled and warbled.

EDIT: For real, I think the little brothers, Kaden, and Beruka have the best voice acting.

I think the same way

(When I heard Kaden's voice, I was super impressed. Wasn't happy with the name change, but his voice sounds like a mischievious foxy fox!)

I have to say that Kaden's voice is by far the best one in the game,

other good voices are Silas, Azura, Arthur, Takumi, Leo, Niles and Garon.

There's really isn't a voice I dislike.

Let me make some guesses on voice actors:

Arthur: Xander Mobus

Silas: Michael Johnston

Takumi: Ben Diskin

Niles: Don't ask me why, but he sounded like Chris Niosi to me.

Eh, I kinda like most of them! I like Leo's a bunch, plus Ryoma and Niles sound pretty good too! Kaden's...well, I definitely like it for obvious reasons, but I can't help but think it's Vic Mignogna and not Bryce Papenbrook. I'd heavily prefer Bryce Papenbrook or Yuri Lowenthal, but hey, Vic Mignogna's role (maybe, assuming that's him) will make me think he's at least tolerable.

The struggles of liking someone's voice but disliking the person with the vocal cords Bottom line, I can deal with 'em.

Niles: Don't ask me why, but he sounded like Chris Niosi to me.

I'd freaking love it if Chris got in this game

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO NO NO NO NO

A THOUSAND F*CKING TIMES, NO

F*CK THIS MOVIE

F*CK THE BIG GAY DANCE

F*CK YOUR JOKES

F*CK SMASH BROTHERS

and most importantly, F*CK YOU

I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THIS SHIT, GET SOMEBODY ELSE TO F*CKING DO IT

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

this is all I can expect now out of Niles oh my god, the brawl taunts memes would come out of the woodwork and I'd love them all

Edited by Elieson

I'm pretty alright with the dubbing. Most of the voices range from pretty good to passable which is what I want.

I will be very appreciative for the change of pace. (GAHROOOOON-SAMA lol)

Lmao, are you talking about Macbeth/Iago with that? To be fair, he was saying "Garon-ousama" which means "King Garon", but it does sound like "GAROOOUUOOON-SAMA" lol.

Kaiji Tang (Owain) essentially confirmed in a tweet that he's back as Odin.

Did he? Nice. I guess I just can't tell because of the insanity in the Fates quotes we've heard, lol.

Lmao, are you talking about Macbeth/Iago with that? To be fair, he was saying "Garon-ousama" which means "King Garon", but it does sound like "GAROOOUUOOON-SAMA" lol.

Yes I was.

I learned something today. Thank you.

Don't make me worry about Laslow's voice ;___; I love Inigo and O'Brien, it has to be good.

The weakest are probably Hinoka and Effie, but I need to hear more voice clips from them. I honestly don't even dislike Felicia after hearing several of her battle lines. The dub sounds pretty good in general, which makes me happy - I don't really have a preference for either dubs or subs, so having two good audio tracks is ideal.

Odin sounds so intense and crazy! I kinda like it. And Niles seems very, very good. Hana's "This fight is over!" gives me serious Nanako (Persona 4) vibes. I like the voice actress, but I didn't expect this character sounding so young.

My thoughts as I watch these:

Azura sounds good. Camilla sounds a hair deeper than I imagined but still good. Takumi's voice is WAY deeper than I thought it would be. More gruff too--not sure if I like it. Kaden (RIP Nishiki) sounds basically like Henry (is it the same VA?). Hana's voice makes sense. Nyx's voice seems way too high for her. Arthur's voice seems like a good choice for his personality. Beruka's voice is a bit higher than I anticipated but I like it either way.

Selena's voice is a bit annoying. Like lispy or something. I never liked Severa's whininess though so I guess it matches her personality. Rinkah's voice is good and seems to match. Silas sounds a little ummm "bro"-ish to me. It could be worse, but I wish it was a little better cause I'm romancing him. Saizo matches well. Hinoka's voice is annoying. If she had something more like Rinkah it would be better because it comes off too nasally and like some cheesy Nickelodeon show voice. Leo's voice seems a little deep for him like it would have suited Xander, but I don't mind it. Scarlet sounds pretty good (I envisioned her voice to be higher but I like it). Hard to judge Ryoma based solely on a laugh, but it seems to match him I guess. Niles voice sounds good. Odin's voice is good as well.

Bye Felicia. No. "We've got trouble!" (Gross). She sounds good in battle--wish she sounded more like that in the dialogue. Effie's voice was SO DEEP. Whoa. Didn't care for M!Corrin's voice however its one of 3 choices plus I mostly play as female. I like Xander's voice. Though maybe it should have sounded a smidge angrier? Elise's voice makes sense. Oh god Hinoka again (I think hers is worse than Felicia). Sakura's voice sounds good. Yukimura's voice makes sense. Garon's voice was a good choice.

Did he? Nice. I guess I just can't tell because of the insanity in the Fates quotes we've heard, lol.

The tweet was essentially "Man, Fates looks great. Odin sounds okay too ;)". He also has an ongoing joke where he asks if certain va"s are voicing Odin in Fates. Unless he's trolling (which I doubt as he's a fan of Awakening), I think it's pretty legit

The tweet was essentially "Man, Fates looks great. Odin sounds okay too ;)". He also has an ongoing joke where he asks if certain va"s are voicing Odin in Fates. Unless he's trolling (which I doubt as he's a fan of Awakening), I think it's pretty legit

Thanks! Lol, from what I know about Kaiji Tang, I like him, he seems pretty funny. If he was brought back for Odin, hopefully it means Liam will be back for Laslow, then.