Potential confirmation of no dual-audio

jabberish

Sounds like the standard PR email but it would be pretty unfortunately if they didn't add it in. The funny thing I noticed when it comes to dual audio, is that Europe will most likely include it. Back when Rhythm Heaven Fever was released, we didn't get dual audio for NA but Europe got it, and not too long ago with Fatal Frame 5, the Europe version got dual audio but NA didn't.

So if I were to follow this pattern, I wouldn't be surprised if NA didn't get dual audio but Europe will.

It would suck, but I'll live.

The NA version does have dual audio though I'msorryIjustwantedtopointthisout

Honestly, I'm hoping it's in simply because Miyuki Sawashiro it was in for Awakening but if I had to be honest... I stopped caring which voices I was listening to after awhile. I would like them to be in but if not, no sweat.

As was mentioned, the only thing I can think of that's stopping them would be licensing issues with the VAs since some of them are pretty high profile.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NA version does have dual audio though I'msorryIjustwantedtopointthisout

Honestly, I'm hoping it's in simply because Miyuki Sawashiro it was in for Awakening but if I had to be honest... I stopped caring which voices I was listening to after awhile. I would like them to be in but if not, no sweat.

As was mentioned, the only thing I can think of that's stopping them would be licensing issues with the VAs since some of them are pretty high profile.

Yeah, isn't VALSHE a pretty high profile name?

Also, following tweets by Derrick Bitner of GameXplain, it seems as though he hasn't gotten a review copy of Fates, yet. Wonder when review copies actually go out.

Edited by KazeNinja17

I'm going to email Nintendo asking them if the game will be available in Spanish

if I get the game "will be released only in English only"

I take that it means the text is going to be in English

I'm going to email Nintendo asking them if the game will be available in Spanish

if I get the game "will be released only in English only"

I take that it means the text is going to be in English

I wish you luck good sir should I ask them anything?

I wish you luck good sir should I ask them anything?

ask if it will be in French if you live in the sates

as for every one else

Would you kindly start emailing customer support and ask if it's going to be availabe in any other language

ask if it will be in French if you live in the sates

as for every one else

Would you kindly start emailing customer support and ask if it's going to be availabe in any other language

I live in quebec so it works! I'm on it!

EDIT;dang I forgot how to ask them questions this is so embarrassing!

Edited by goldenlance7

I live in quebec so it works! I'm on it!

EDIT;dang I forgot how to ask them questions this is so embarrassing!

You have to go through their Nintendo support. 3DS Family System (or whatever it's called) and look for Can't make purchase or something along those lines. There's no way to directly ask them general questions, so you have to go through loops.

Did anyone ever bother calling? Im not arsed to do so, but i have called Nintendo (of Murica) for like, a couple of really general questions that their website never bothered to answer. And i always got to chat with an actual human. They are nice folk too so...

You have to go through their Nintendo support. 3DS Family System (or whatever it's called) and look for Can't make purchase or something along those lines. There's no way to directly ask them general questions, so you have to go through loops.

thank's I got it now! but just realized what I was looking for was in the title of the first email I sent so embarrassing!

Did anyone ever bother calling? Im not arsed to do so, but i have called Nintendo (of Murica) for like, a couple of really general questions that their website never bothered to answer. And i always got to chat with an actual human. They are nice folk too so...

I did a couple of hours ago

the guy told me that they haven't announced dual audio yet

and comepare that to all of the

we haven't announced the removal of being able to touch various body parts

I'm curious as to how everyone is wording their emails because I might send them one at some point along the lines of:

"In Fire Emblem Awakening, players were given the option of switching between the English audio (voice acting) to the Japanese audio (voice acting). Will this option return for Fire Emblem Fates? Or will the game only include the option to play the game with English audio?"

Just in case the word 'dual audio' might be mistaken for something else or they misinterpreted it.

Edited by carefreejules

Yeah, isn't VALSHE a pretty high profile name?

Also, following tweets by Derrick Bitner of GameXplain, it seems as though he hasn't gotten a review copy of Fates, yet. Wonder when review copies actually go out.

Yea considering they're also a pretty popular singer. From what I've seen usually (not always) it's someone who is a very well known singer where issues arise.

Just so people are clear...

http://renka-web.com/

This is the woman who sings for Azura. If they couldn't get the rights to use her voice, then it would make sense in my eyes (or ears) to not include the rest of the Japanese voice cast.

Plus, isn't Hayato's Japanese VA "VALSHE"? I have no idea who that is, but it's one name and all caps; most likely a celebrity of some sort.

Plus, isn't Hayato's Japanese VA "VALSHE"? I have no idea who that is, but it's one name and all caps; most likely a celebrity of some sort.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valshe "is a Japanese female singer. She is well known as a "Ryouseirui" (両声類?, lit. "both voice types"), being able to sing both male and female voice types."

This is the woman who sings for Azura. If they couldn't get the rights to use her voice, then it would make sense in my eyes (or ears) to not include the rest of the Japanese voice cast.

I would not be upset/disappointed if this was the case because I can't really argue or be mad about copyright.

got a reply about it being in french;

Hello Sebastien,

Thanks for writing. I can certainly understand you desire to know if Fire Emblem: Fates will be offered in French as well as English. I am sorry to say that Fire Emblem: Fates is in English only. I hope that you will still enjoy the game if it is of interest to you.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Laura Knotts

got a reply about it being in french;

Hello Sebastien,

Thanks for writing. I can certainly understand you desire to know if Fire Emblem: Fates will be offered in French as well as English. I am sorry to say that Fire Emblem: Fates is in English only. I hope that you will still enjoy the game if it is of interest to you.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Laura Knotts

Still a bit iffy on this myself.

I was hoping Fates to have Spanish and French since it's done by Treehouse this time around. Oh well, it would have probably delayed the release many more months.

But wouldn't Nintendo already have the rights to use her voice in the game? I mean, they paid her to voice act for the character, so I imagine that would mean she had to give Nintendo the rights to her performances as Azura. Unless her contract specified it was only to be used in limited territories or something, I can't imagine the rights being the issue. Especially because I don't see what she has to gain from not allowing them to use her performance in other territories. If nothing else, it's advertising for her other ventures if nothing else. Though it might not even be her, but her label, opposing it. Would still be weird to me though.

But wouldn't Nintendo already have the rights to use her voice in the game? I mean, they paid her to voice act for the character, so I imagine that would mean she had to give Nintendo the rights to her performances as Azura. Unless her contract specified it was only to be used in limited territories or something, I can't imagine the rights being the issue. Especially because I don't see what she has to gain from not allowing them to use her performance in other territories. If nothing else, it's advertising for her other ventures if nothing else. Though it might not even be her, but her label, opposing it. Would still be weird to me though.

Licensing is different depending on the country, this is partly why Sonic CD had two entirely different soundtracks, and also why to this day the west hasn't seen a Super Robot Wars game outside of Original Generation.

Its not unheard of for a musician or something to only give the licensing rights to say NoJ.

Actually, Awakening's filesize is 8,600 in NA, but 9800 in JP (according to a post on GameFAQs). NA Awakening had dual audio while JP didn't, right? Since JP Awakening's file size is larger, there's more to it than just extra voice files.

You forget, JP had two extra full sized scripts (Mute MU for each gender having people talk for them on every story and support) as well as two voice options for each gender that got taken out (which explains why English Awakening freezes every time you hack a mute out realm legacy character as the main MU that talks in the story). Edited by shadowofchaos