FE14 Conquest Girls Only LTC (FINISHED!)

Espinosa

This actually inspired me to do a Girls only playthrough on my own, though it's not LTC. I didn't even bother trying to take out Takumi in Chapter 10 since I was undermanned and it wouldn't have ended the map faster.

How's Dread Fighter!Mozume? I've found that she's not exceptional, but she's been useful so far, mostly in chapter 8 by baiting the mages and allowing Elise to Freeze the soldier heading towards the southern villages. She was also able to ORKO pegs and archers with an Iron Dagger and later a Bronze Dagger in chapter 10, which gave me a bit of breathing room over there.

Edited by Dark Sage

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Birthright Girls only? Why not, but I want to complete my Awakening growthless LTC first. All that routing is sure to really get on my nerves though.

I just completed chapter 10. I agree that Mozu is nothing exceptional when raised though there's certainly a lot of merit in good physical 1-2 range off good bases. Mine didn't get that much time to self-improve, but still got two levels while helping Selena take care of the archers in the east (she requires a +2 str pair-up partner that's not Beruka). I'm really close to hitting D rank daggers with her right now, which should really improve her offence.

I think this might be the right time to give Selena a Heart Seal and start working on her lance rank to get her to the point where she can use forged steels for a somewhat tolerable offence. I decided to keep Camilla a Malig Knight until L5 (will probably feed her an Arms Scroll for chapter 19).

Good stuff, this should be fun to watch.

I will leave it to somebody a lot more patient to go for a sub-7 turn of chapter 4.

I've been struggling with this myself on Lunatic. I was able to trigger the DV during PP 6 and get the Sakura-bound enemy to attack a Dual-Guard-loaded Corrin/Kaze pair during EP 6 because Corrin was within KO range (obviously the enemy attacks Sakura otherwise), letting me end the rout within six turns. I don't know how to reliably time the DG-meter-building alongside Corrin's HP depletion properly for this level, but this may be the key.

I've been struggling with this myself on Lunatic. I was able to trigger the DV during PP 6 and get the Sakura-bound enemy to attack a Dual-Guard-loaded Corrin/Kaze pair during EP 6 because Corrin was within KO range (obviously the enemy attacks Sakura otherwise), letting me end the rout within six turns. I don't know how to reliably time the DG-meter-building alongside Corrin's HP depletion properly for this level, but this may be the key.

From my experience, it's fairly predictable how the shields are collected on different attempts of the same run, though on this particular run a lot of things could go different between disparate runs. I gotta admit even getting to the last DV on the 6th turn, without either MU or Kaze dying, takes a good deal of luck. Though I've also been using the same strategy over and over in this map, and there could be better ones that I haven't tried. I basically just used the strat I showed in the 2nd video of this playthrough.

Here's chapter 8 in 4 turns. 3/5 villages visited as MU barely gets the 1RKO.

Wow, I can't believe how reliable it actually is to 3-turn the Rainbow Sage chapter! And the map _seems_ so huge too...

The only bad feeling I have about my strategy is that there's absolutely no room to grab any of the two chests, such as the Spirit Dust one (I forget what was in the 2nd one, was it a large sum of money?). Without all the Spirit Dusts, MU may not be able to function well as a Levin Sword user later on. There's that Dark Knight reclass I've been planning however, but with C Nyx support it's a bit far away right now.

I might learn to hate the next chapter though. Not sure if I'll have to defeat Ryoma for the quickest possible clear, but I find the lack of Elise in the map somewhat unnerving.

Do lunge ninjas end up helping? ;D

I think it's Enfeeble staff? Could help for c12 Ryoma but probably not worth

No, I can't take the left-hand side at all because the archers destroy Azura.

The Enfeeble staff can always be bought later on, I guess? It's certainly of no help in chapter 12 because Elise is the only one who can use it and she's unavailable during this map.

Anyway, chapter 12 can also be 3-turned, but I haven't found a reliable way yet, and of course there's no hope in getting one of the chests or the droppable Wing Edge (or whatever) one of the Samurais is holding. Levin Sword should be available soon though, and my MU isn't looking forward to using it right now with 8 mag and no Spirit Dusts in sight. Should be getting B Nyx support after chapter 11 however.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing another huge amount of money in one of the chests there, but as long as it's not a Rescue staff, it can't be turn-saving, amirite?

Oh I was playing around with trying to triple refresh Camilla, Jakob, Silas, then sheltering Azura with Corrin and then manipulating lunge for more move, and transfer chaining Azura forward next turn. I don’t think everything quite worked out nicely but eh.

ofc girls-only and all that here...still a reliable 3 turns is intriguing.

5000 is like half a statbooster so it could be worth it. Probably not that feasible without Zero though.

tbh should allow Anna

Is Anna obtainable for NA players already? Cause I'd include her without hesitation if she were. That said, I could just transfer my saves to the JP version, get Anna, then transfer the saves back but that would be borderline illegal.

Here's chapter 9 in 5 turns, a reliable clear that gets me the first Rescue staff in the game. Since Hammerne isn't something that exists here (surprisingly), it probably only saves 1 turn since it also costs one. But we do want to see everything that can be done with Falcon Knight Selena, don't we?

And I've also modified my chapter 11/12 clears to make chapter 12's 3-turn unexpectedly reliable. Not having to rely on dodging Saizo's counter as well as a multitude of other things made it many times more bearable. Ryoma's a tough bugger to ORKO regardless though.

It looks like my party just might have the resources necessary to get a pretty low-turn clear of chapter 13's rout. I believe I can even ORKO Takumi without using Camilla at all, but the question is whether anybody is going to die on the subsequent enemy phase.

I actually regret my Camilla is as a sturdy as she happens to be, because the Beastkiller cav just ignores her and heads east for my more vulnerable units, who are coincidentally all vulnerable to the Beastkiller (even Avatar with her absurd bulk gets OHKO'd).

I'm either slowing down so that nobody dies (because routing is hard without a durable user of magic when some enemies have a lot of physical Mt while others have Javelins), which might let me visit more villages, or going faster and sacrificing everything again.

Apparently, the weapon I missed in the previous map was an Armorslayer. Ironically, it could be pretty useful in the hands of MU in the current map I'm trying to figure out. The Arms Scroll is probably the one item I care about the most in the present map - it's either Camilla or Selena who wants one badly ASAP.

Much to my own surprise, after some really hardcore optimisation involving tonics, pair-up and cooking, I can rout chapter 13 in just 3 turns while obtaining the two villages that matter - the Arms Scroll one and the 5K gold one. This map is a treasure for levelling - I actually get tired waiting until my units stop levelling during enemy phase.

Sorry for the lack of new videos lately, my chapter 10 video was recorded with such a codec that my editing software doesn't process, and I haven't found a good solution to the issue yet because not much time.

I'm planning chapter 14 right now, and while it seems like a sure 2-turn I have no clue if I'll manage to loot the two chests, because the rewards both seem very meaningful (Seraph Robe and 10K gold). I've also noticed a freshly reclassed Sky Knight Selena can double the steel katana samurai after a massive speed boost stack, but I need +2 spd from cooking. I've got this before on the previous two chapters but my current cook is Niles and I dunno if this is unique of him or I'm just getting unlucky but he gives me exactly 0 speed and gives +1 defence instead, since he apparently screws up his cooking or something. If Luna can double the samurai, that's a lot of experience for her and by extension some much-needed lance rank too.

Any idea how often the cook changes? Is it daily or something else? If I'm forever stuck with Niles unless I re-do the previous map then that's p damn awful.

Sorry for the lack of new videos lately, my chapter 10 video was recorded with such a codec that my editing software doesn't process, and I haven't found a good solution to the issue yet because not much time.

I'm planning chapter 14 right now, and while it seems like a sure 2-turn I have no clue if I'll manage to loot the two chests, because the rewards both seem very meaningful (Seraph Robe and 10K gold). I've also noticed a freshly reclassed Sky Knight Selena can double the steel katana samurai after a massive speed boost stack, but I need +2 spd from cooking. I've got this before on the previous two chapters but my current cook is Niles and I dunno if this is unique of him or I'm just getting unlucky but he gives me exactly 0 speed and gives +1 defence instead, since he apparently screws up his cooking or something. If Luna can double the samurai, that's a lot of experience for her and by extension some much-needed lance rank too.

Any idea how often the cook changes? Is it daily or something else? If I'm forever stuck with Niles unless I re-do the previous map then that's p damn awful.

Wow. Why the heck do people think the kitchen is a legit argument again...??? Because if ya ask me, it's as legit an argument as a Barracks boost was in Awakening (AKA, not legit at all).

Well, it did at least reliably grant me +1 or +2 (at lv. 3) in a stat when used just about all the time. Right now I've got Odin, who seems to mess up when cooking a lot, but repeated attempts can give successful results as well as absurdly bad results where all your stats get lowered by -1 (!) while you get +2 str/mag. Not sure what affects this, but I assume this is random.

Selena might just promote to Falcon Knight right away immediately after taking the Heart Seal. Not enough bulk to survive the enemies otherwise, and she doubles the samurai without need for cooking this way.

I think I want to give her the Dracoshield too? Her bulk is supposed to be good but she loses a lot of it when going Sky Knight. Once the growths kick in, it should be fine. Strength issues are there too. Basically, Selena is the Conquest LTC equivalent of a Shove Soren or Rath whom you promote to Brave Bow walls and for best movement in snowstorm. I did like my flying Heal staves in casual play, and I dug the flying in general since I didn't use Beruka at all, but you need to go out of your way to shave off like 2 turns with her in the whole run? I still need to discover if the Rescue user needs to be flying to do all of that, too.

Nice play through. Really curious to see chapter 10.

BTW, would reclassing Nyx to outlaw for locktouch be a good idea, or is the lack of it not that much of a problem later on?

Edited by Nobody

I haven't considered reclassing Nyx because of the limited number of Heart Seals I can get but it certainly doesn't sound like a bad idea at all, considering I'm not allowed to use Niles in combat (even as a pair-up bot) and that makes getting him to chests a little hard. I could use Anna, but I can't legally get her until April I think? I could well be done or about done with the playthrough by then. I'm sure the extra +1 mov on Nyx would be useful, too. I can always pull it off later I suppose, but I need two seals - one to get to Outlaw and one to get back and Conquest doesn't give you nearly as much money as you'd like.

Chapter 10 (and probably a couple more maps) would be up by now, but I seem to have recorded it with some hard-to-digest codec. I've just installed a recent version of Any Video Converter, so hopefully I can find a better solution to the problem than screen-recording my video playback in MPC player lol.

Also, today I got Nyx as my cook and while I was initially disappointed that she tends to screw up the cooking, I played around with the game and realised you usually get a totally different outcome if you cook a 2nd time after the first one. The first one would give me stat decreases, much like with Niles and Odin, but the second one gave me a much more preferred boost of +2 str/+1 mag/+2 spd. Not sure how convenient it is to manipulate the Mess Hall cooking right now, but the benefits of it are hard to deny - these are boosts comparable to a good pair-up (like Dread Fighter or smth) here.

But yeah, a general tip to unrig cooking would be to sacrifice a useless ingredient (+res or something) the first time around, then do it right the second time.

Edited by Espinosa

Finally uploaded the chapter 10 clear. Turned out my file was corrupted, which explains why I couldn't convert or import it into Vegas. It makes the sound buzz in the later portion of the video, and like 4-5 seconds of footage are gone in the beginning, but it's much better than I'd feared I'd be able to get.

Found such a chapter 14 clear that got me both the treasures, MU 2 levels and Selena close to 3... except Selena's levelups were kinda crap, with no strength for example. MU got +2 str/+spd/+1 mag however, so I'm wondering if it's worth the time restarting for a better Selena.

I probably have plenty of time to think until I figure out what exactly I'll be doing with chapter 15. Allow Gunter for just this map (Heart Sealing him will likely save a turn), or just go for the boss with the MU/Azura clones paired-up? I may actually be able to escape faster with Gunter up north however. It's not a pretty map for girls only LTC is all I can say for now.

Chapter 11 / Rainbow Sage in 3 turns

Demonstrating the first super-turnshaving Shelter/transfer strat with a ton of important dancing.

Recorded my chapter 15 clear today, which was a rather uncomplicated 4-turn without any need for Gunter at all. I'm sure you really want his help on, like, Lunatic or if MU has had been RNG-screwed, but I don't get why drafters insist he should be free for this map. It wasn't anywhere as bad as I'd thought it would be.

Have quite a lot of stat boosters to decide what to do with now. I imagine the most important stat for MU is strength since we need to efficiently slay Ryoma and the final boss with her, but just about any stat - mag, spd - also matters. At this point, I can buy a Friendship Seal to reclass to Dark Knight, giving me a healthy +6 mag at the expense of -2 speed. Could be worth it somewhere down the line. The first two Dark Mage skills aren't too bad either and I still haven't learnt Dragon Fang, too so it couldn't hurt to reclass to get it sometime too (the monetary cost involved tho)...