FE14 Conquest Girls Only LTC (FINISHED!)

Espinosa

This game starts throwing dodgy bosses at you, right away starting from chapter 3 (also a ninja). Takumi's another dodgy bastard, but I'm hoping an MU with sword access and capped sword rank can have superior hit rates against him than a lance/axe/shuriken-using MU would.

When I get to Takumi that is. Right now it's Fox Hell for me.

Then it will be Wind Hell.

Right after that probably your easiest chapter ever since I guess you won't care about skipping any mob.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, that Chapter 17 clear was amazing. Drafting this game, I got a small taste of what you're going through while planing this run. I felt really good about 3 turning that map, but 2 turning it is just crazy haha

Then it will be Wind Hell.

Right after that probably your easiest chapter ever since I guess you won't care about skipping any mob.

Chapter 20 is easily 2 turned, so I don't think Espinosa will have any problem with it.

Is Anna's DLC already out? Yeah, I guess she costs turns and stuff.

Not yet. It's coming out in a couple days, though. However, it does scale according to how far you are in the game. I guess the question then is when would it be best to get her...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Been thinking if there's a way I can connect attacks on those foxes more accurately... Reclassing to Dark Knight and learning Heartseeker ups hit rates by 20%, which is huge for reliability, but Dark Knight also cannot wield Beast Killer. Doubling with Beast Killer and OHKOing is likely still better odds than doubling with a sword and 2HKOing.

As much as I like this game's reclass system in contrast to Awakening's, I still wish there was an easier way to learn the skills you want quickly at times (though such a way would make MU unnecessarily OP).

Been thinking if there's a way I can connect attacks on those foxes more accurately... Reclassing to Dark Knight and learning Heartseeker ups hit rates by 20%, which is huge for reliability, but Dark Knight also cannot wield Beast Killer. Doubling with Beast Killer and OHKOing is likely still better odds than doubling with a sword and 2HKOing.

As much as I like this game's reclass system in contrast to Awakening's, I still wish there was an easier way to learn the skills you want quickly at times (though such a way would make MU unnecessarily OP).

I guess you couldn't get Camilla to D lances?

Hey espi, I've started watching your playthrough and it's really good and an interesting challenge, at least it's fun. I haven't followed the thread nor read the 6 pages and don't know if this was already adressed: as a minor nitpick I wonder why (up to ch10 where I've watched) you've used low ranked weapons like fire, bronze weapons instead of thunder, irons, etc., or trading a dual attacker's weapon to grab the kill? I'm watching this. Nice job do far.

I guess you couldn't get Camilla to D lances?

Nope, my clears were far too quick to permit her to hit D lances. It would've been possible if I'd reclassed into WLord right away in chapter 10 (I did have the seal already).

MU's doing fine as the Beast Killer user though, one-shotting the boss assuming she can get to him on player phase (needs a flier to take her over there). Camilla isn't doing nearly as hot offensively, and I really miss having a 3rd unit with good combat AND durability. Flora as Maid/Dread Fighter (might be best to keep her a Maid for staff use later on, but it's likely I'll be reclassing into Strategist anyway) can OHKO some foxes, while having the 3rd best durability on the team (Beruka doesn't enjoy being doubled by everything).

Having MU be able to fly as a Wyvern Lord here would be welcome, as that would nullify Paladin's beast weakness, help deal with the terrain (especially reaching Kaden without having to tank a hit from him on enemy phase) and also give me Strength+2/Lunge on level-ups. I'm at B support with Cam/Beruka though, and am not sure if I want to spend 5K gold reclassing back and forth (need to be using swords to kill the tower Takumi reliably later on; otherwise, the success rates aren't the kind I want to be looking at in my runs).

Slowly starting to see some progress on this strategy now that I have a little free time again, right now waiting for a meal that affects both Camilla and MU (couldn't hurt if Flora got affected too, but Flora just needs to be able to take ONE round of combat before we heal her HP - Cam/MU need everything to last for all ~5 turns of the map).

Hey espi, I've started watching your playthrough and it's really good and an interesting challenge, at least it's fun. I haven't followed the thread nor read the 6 pages and don't know if this was already adressed: as a minor nitpick I wonder why (up to ch10 where I've watched) you've used low ranked weapons like fire, bronze weapons instead of thunder, irons, etc., or trading a dual attacker's weapon to grab the kill? I'm watching this. Nice job do far.

I'm not sure if I understand your question. I may used weaker weapons either because I don't have the weapon ranks (less often - funds) to use anything else, occasionally using forged versions of said weapons for added accuracy.

Trading DA's weapon can give me just enough attack to kill a tough foe (see general boss in the last video I shared), but I think you might have meant situations like chapter 9 (Nyx's map) where I intentionally attack an enemy with an inaccurate tome so that the dual attacker can get some weapon rank in? Was trying to get MU to D lances quicker there.

I guess aura skills are only active when the unit with them is not readying to act. Would certainly explain the issue with Camilla's aura not working.

Uploaded my 5-turn of the fox chapter:

Doesn't seem like any fewer is possible.

2-turned chapter 20 as well (the bosskill is pretty meek in comparison to, say, Kotaro and I guess the enemies we are yet to face), though MU missed a +str level-up, which could well be a problem later on (but I've missed far too many of them to worry about that now... idk).

According to Olwen, the Ryoma OHKO requires 51 mt, which could be 51/52 effective mt after factoring possible WTA (his numbers didn't add up even after he realised you get +1 atk from C lances).

Problem is, Olwen needed a capped str (34 str) Wyvern Lord with Strength+2 to get the last point of damage necessary, whereas my Paladin MU is still at 24 str as of chapter 21 as a lv. 11 promoted unit. I could either try to get both Strength+2 and Trample, which sounds super hard to pull off considering Malig Knight is nigh unusable due to E axes/tomes, though the first 2 level-ups could technically come from a Wyvern Lord, as which MU can use C lances like Beast Killer and Killer Lance.

An alternative is reclassing to Dread Fighter (I still have 1 scroll after reclassing Flora) for Aggressor in 4 levels, which could actually help me get the needed damage on Ryoma, and I would keep my A swords rank for Yato, Levin Sword and other goodies, but I'm left with 6 mov and no movement bonus to allies on pair-up. I only have to get to lv. 15 though, but 4 levels is a lot in the incredibly fast endgame.

Hmm, what do? I do have plenty of time to think.

Edited by Espinosa

You know one thing I regret right now? Not getting Lottery very early. So many weapons I could've gotten up to now in the long period time it would've been available.

After all the reclassing MU has been doing for skills in the last couple of chapters, I'm dangerously close to running myself out of money. If I want Trample on Camilla for example, I need to spend 4K more just to have her go Malig Knight and back (or she could stay there, but she's getting pretty fragile and I fear chapter 26 will really accentuate that).

At least MU needs "only" 3 more strength level-ups until Ryoma, but Sakura/Takumi/Hinoka all have pretty short maps. I'm not sure if I can get these levels without cashing out on another Arms Scroll for killer weaponry access.

Recorded a lucky 2-turn of Takumi's map today. MU just needs one more strength proc in order to meet the stat benchmark for the Ryoma OHKO, it seems, and that should be doable in Hinoka's map. Hopefully my calculations are accurate, but I'll see soon enough.

Camilla is currently a -/14 Wyvern Lord and I'm wondering if I should stay there to learn Swordbreaker (there were some sword users at the very beginning of chapter 26 for instance) and just stay there, reclass to Malig Knight immediately to learn Trample in two level-ups (never levelled up as MK before) or reclass to MK after learning Swordbreaker. So many options here, huh.

So I LTC'd Hinoka's map with the level-ups I wanted and...

...a Dragon Fang crit with a Killing Edge+1 deals 52/55 dmg to C25 Ryoma! :erk:

Where's my +5 damage, Trample? fffff

That said, unequipping either Trample OR Elbow Room (surprisingly, as you'd expect the Dragon Vein field to nullify the effect) does reduce the displayed dmg so I really have no clue what's going on here.

My options? Get an Arms Scroll to B lances and try the same with a Killer Lance forge (more weapon Mt, WTA) instead. I could also go Wyvern Lord instead of Paladin for a higher damage cap and buy an Energy Drop for some extra strength... idk. I could well be missing a point or two of strength right now.

Edited by Espinosa

Doesn't B lances provide the same amount of might as C lances?

It does, but B rank gives +1 mt on WTA; C rank doesn't give anything besides hit.

Olwen seems to have achieved a OHKO (14x4 dmg with Dragon Fang) with a 34 str Wyvern Lord. My stats were more modest (I could still go re-do Hinoka's map and get an extra strength level-up, as I failed to do so on my recorded attempt) in comparison so I tried to compensate by getting Trample instead.

Killing Edge SHOULD outdamage Killer Lance at A-rank swords since that's +3 dmg right there, but apparently Trample's damage increase isn't exactly as good as expected.

I dunno, nobody really knows how the Dragon Vein field's effect works exactly. Maybe we'll get closer to the truth on this run!

Wait actually... It's got to be the low strength stat. Dragon Fang adds displayed mt, which Trample doesn't affect (only changing the original damage). Yeah, I imagine Wyvern Lord taking an Energy Drop could be the way to go. I might still need an Arms Scroll however?

Basically, LTCing with growths is all about rigging perfect offensive level-ups ffs... Can't wait to finish this satisfactorily so that I can move on to 0% growths runs and some more casual wacky challenge run ideas, which will bring some much-needed comfort to my tormented soul... This run's level-up rigging necessity + the sheer unpredictability I suffer from when I play Awakening 0% growths demand a playthrough that will maintain my sanity. You never know though, I didn't quite expect the hell I'd see when I started LTCing Awakening 0% growths on Hard, either.

...aaaand I just recorded my 1-turn of chapter 25, OHKOing Ryoma. It took only 28 resets lol!

Now it's time for what many people agree to be the most complex map in Conquest. I wonder how I will make the bosskill reliable, but that's like the last of my worries I think!