Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

I got my Special Edition! It's lovely, but oh man, this game... it's so addictive, I don't want to stop playing! Reminds me of when I played Awakening for the first time :') Really looking forward to what challenges Conquest will have, I'm only at chapter 7 now.

Arthur is already my favorite character, his voice acting is so delightful.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nohr Hard is just too good. Chapter 9 and 10 kept me in my toes, and the feeling upon clearing them (Although the former was more like a puzzle and the latter actually kept me on the ropes for the whole latter half) was bloody fantastic. I missed this kind of feeling.

I loved chapter 9, but I've been stuck on chapter 10 for half a day.

I just can't seem to find a good strategy. Oh well, time to try again tomorrow...

I somehow got past conquest chapter 10 on hard classic on my first try.

Haitaka with his rally defense is a war hero.

Haitaka is the true hero of conquest.

post-10742-0-71353600-1463780487_thumb.jpg

Edited by Soledge

Finished adding all the new friend codes.

Mine: 0147-2706-4393.

Hope you guys are enjoying the game. I'm in the same boat as zelgius,have to wait till tomorrow to play.

I loved chapter 9, but I've been stuck on chapter 10 for half a day.

I just can't seem to find a good strategy. Oh well, time to try again tomorrow...

It was a really tough one. What I did was:

Pre-Battle: +Def Food, +2 speed on Harold so he reached at least 10 speed (This is important so the pegasi that come from the right don't double him)

Battle:

-Silas and Effie paired up and immediately to the left. Since I gave my silas quite a few levels, just sticking Effie as his pairup made the two be able to handle that part by themselves, with the occasional magic orb blast from Odin

-Odin on the magic orb, priority blasting the targets charging the middle, and going for the onis at the left whenever enemies at the middle were low enough/dead.

-Harold and Severa to the right side, plus Camilla switching between the pegasi that will try and flank through the right water canal and the two archers, permanently paired up. Harold should manage to take the first two shots, and with luck one of the two archers will get hit by the handaxe, but Severa and Camilla can ORKO anyways so it's just a bonus.

-On turn one, have Niles double ballista the closest enemies, then pair him up with Nyx (So that he wouldn't get dual-attacked) as he picked off on the lancers/ninjas that were trying to open the hole (It'll fall around turn 5 no problem). As soon as Belka arrives, pair her onto Elise, move Elise adjacent to Niles and switch Nyx out of the pairup, leaving you with a line consistent of Nyx-Elise-Niles+Belka. (If Elise would be at risk of getting dual attacked, leave Nyx on her instead).

-send Corrin and Felicia to the right (Paired), equip Corrin with Yato and have him immediately wipe the onis there, he should overall be tanky enough and have a window or two to be sent back to the safe spot, healed, and azura dance him back into the frontlines. If that proves impossible, then just switch to Dragonstone and hold it out (Note, I am running +STR-LUK so results may vary).

From here, it's a matter of holding out, having Elise freeze 2-4 pegasi over the course of the map, and doing some path-blocking/mathchecking so that a pegasus never gets past the frontline (Some WILL IGNORE Kamui and go straight past him, targetting your squishier units), or if it does so, that it'll hit a unit without killing it.

Things will get tougher once Takumi dries up the river, but the strategy and that point is to fold back and move just below the space of the Magic Orb to block Hinata. Trying to kill him won't have good results, so your best bet is to have Silas tank the attack at the end of turn 10, and then switch to Effie so that she soaks his attack in turn 11. There might be a ninja or two there but your defenses should be high enough to survive.

On the right side, I eventually had Kamui+Felicia/Camilla/Niles+Belka make an L-formation block so that the enemy wouldn't get through, and Elise froze the last pegasus pair remaining.

Note: I had one or two moments where a 75% attack missed me and spared me character death, but it should be doable if completely careful, although I missed being able to visit the lower two villages.

hey Europeans, grats on getting Fates finally! Im actually really curious about something and if any of you have any idea, id like to know if theres actual localization differences between the North American version and yours. Cuz holy shit, what was up with that delay?

hey Europeans, grats on getting Fates finally! Im actually really curious about something and if any of you have any idea, id like to know if theres actual localization differences between the North American version and yours. Cuz holy shit, what was up with that delay?

From the looks of things it's mainly the same as the NA at least the script wise. As I just reached chapter 6 now so I have yet to see if we share same mechanics as NA or JP, like I have yet to see if the swimsuits are cut or not and if there is any differences in My Room. There was rumours that EU would get same version as JP.

Blame the delay on the filthy Germans, French, Spanish and Italians.

From the looks of things it's mainly the same as the NA at least the script wise. As I just reached chapter 6 now so I have yet to see if we share same mechanics as NA or JP, like I have yet to see if the swimsuits are cut or not and if there is any differences in My Room. There was rumours that EU would get same version as JP.

Blame the delay on the filthy Germans, French, Spanish and Italians.

I see. I actually doubt you lot are getting the JP version. So the delay was likely other language text translations? That actually makes sense but oiii...how arduous of a wait. I am curious about any little bitty details that might have gotten changed or reworded....

^Yeah I doubt that myself but hey you can always dream till it gets crushed by the reality. Now I haven't looked too deeply into NA nor JP version cuz spoilers, while I got spoiled plenty I'm still somewhat semi-blind and fortunately I can repress many of the spoilers.

Biggest difference or should I say similarity for now on the script is it's the same as NA. I have to double check on that though, such as Armor -> Armour and other similar American English vs. British English. There are probably few small changes here and there but I probably won't pick up on them unless I really want to look which I don't really want since that can hurt my enjoyment of the game.

MyRoom is the censored version. And it seems swimsuits accesories got censored too. Damnit.

EDIT: Question, did the NA version have bathtowels in the hot spring too? Corrin seems to be sporting his swimwear only.

Edited by tuvarkz

MyRoom is the censored version. And it seems swimsuits accesories got censored too. Damnit.

EDIT: Question, did the NA version have bathtowels in the hot spring too? Corrin seems to be sporting his swimwear only.

The NA version of the swimwear in the hot spring for all characters.

I'll visit you as soon as I unlock the feature, hehe *thumbs up*

Good stuff! I'm excited to receive any visitors, whether they come to explore, battle or do other things. I've had people visit already so thank you for that.

When you get someone's calling card, does that mean you have got their friend code and added them as a friend on your game and 3DS system? I'm not sure how these calling cards work.

Maybe the delay was also partially because they didn't want Fates to compete with Bravely Second.

Anyway, the game is pretty damn fun. Tons of skills that actually matter and even Pair Up was improved massively. The writing is also far better then Awakening. At least until now. Like, I'm in Chapter 8 so far and Felicia hasn't tripped once, Arthur did not forget his axe and Silas did not complain that nobody woke him up when it was time to go to war. Although just like Sumia, Felicia and Flora do not seem to understand their social status. But hey, it's still a huge improvement.

It's also a shame that My Room was censored. I mean, this change technically does improve the game and it should never have been made. But since it was made, I was still curious to see just how awful it gets.

Edit: Also, it looks like this is once again a case where the German script was translated from the English translation because Elise is "technically an adult" in that version as well. I guess that means that I can set the console to English without needing to fear that I end up missing something.

Edited by BrightBow

Nej. Everyone is in swimwear when entering the Hot Spring in the NA version. I dont recall seeing anyone in a bath towel.

Finally got a hold of my SE and 3DS! Can't wait to get home and play. Apparently mine was the only SE they got in store and the dude was disappointed that I picked it up since he wanted it lmao. Hope you're all having a good time. Will update with MC address. Can't wait!

Nej. Everyone is in swimwear when entering the Hot Spring in the NA version. I dont recall seeing anyone in a bath towel.

Eh, shame then. And I thought given Europeans are supposedly less prudish about nudity, swimwear would've been kept uncensored.

Good stuff! I'm excited to receive any visitors, whether they come to explore, battle or do other things. I've had people visit already so thank you for that.

When you get someone's calling card, does that mean you have got their friend code and added them as a friend on your game and 3DS system? I'm not sure how these calling cards work.

If you can see their avatar/character in your friend list, then you're friends. Feel free to add me too if you want to (in signature), but you need to share your code as well.

Just unlocked mycastle, so will visit you now :]

Edit* oh you were talking about calling cards, then I'm afraid I don't know.

Edited by Siu

Got a question. Do you have to have someone's FC to visit their mycastle?

I should really list my friend code down so people can add me...

FC: 0130 - 1785 - 6130

Feel free to add me.

It was a really tough one. What I did was:

Thanks for the lengthy tip, I want to try a couple of strategies but if I fail I'll give yours a try.

Feel free to add me.

No just the Castle Address is fine but if you have someone registered as a friend you can visit their Castle.

Also, I've added you.

Edited by Sereth

Feel free to add me.

Don't worry, you can visit any castle, even castle of random strangers. You can also put the name of the castle, so you don't need the other player's friend code.

The game gives you a list of "recommended" castles as well.

Edited by Water Mage

New here, but have been lurking for awhile. Just a quick question about the eu/au version - is there still no JPN audio?

Can confirm no Japanese audio.