So what in fates is the most rage inducing for you (gameplay wise)

Locke087

Honestly, Conquest chapter 10 never bothered me; I just fucked up most of the time

Though Chapter 19 managed to make me *almost* throw my 3DS out the window

Honestly I got so mad at that chapter I switched to casual, lmao fuck me I'm bad at this game

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh what bothers me most about Rinkah gameplaywise isn't so much her growths being bad or sth (they aren't great but they're less awful than they look and it's mostly a bases issue--considering I ended up getting her to become a god in Lunatic nogrind anyway) but rather that they contradict her character so much.

It's not just stats, too, as I wrote in my post.

Edited by Thor Odinson

The moronic villagers in Sophie's paralogue. Ohh man. I had to unleash Ryoma and Takumi on the chokepoints to stop them from blundering right into berserkers with silver axes and all sorts of fun stuff.

The moronic villagers in Sophie's paralogue. Ohh man. I had to unleash Ryoma and Takumi on the chokepoints to stop them from blundering right into berserkers with silver axes and all sorts of fun stuff.

this just happened to me! where should the villagers go to the clear area with no enemies to the right no! lets walk right in the middle of enemy infested territory what could possibly go wrong!

this just happened to me! where should the villagers go to the clear area with no enemies to the right no! lets walk right in the middle of enemy infested territory what could possibly go wrong!

They consider those Zerkers to be bitches and wanted to fight them 1v1.

The weapon exp growth is just pitiful in this game. I just beat Conquest last night and didn't have a single unit with an S rank in any weapon. Kaze was closest halfway through A on shurikens. And for most units I didn't even bother trying to raise new weapons up after they got access.

Enemy hit rates are such that a unit that relies primarily on evasion becomes so limited, even with WTA without access to breaker skills. Even then I had Felicia with tome breaker and there were still a few enemy spell casters with +50% hit rate. Thank god Charlotte has an insane amount of HP or she would have been dead like a million times.

Those lancers with Counter and CounterMagic in Conquest 27. Thankfully they travel close to the Adventurer unit and I had a few people with Savage Blow.

Takumi's range 1-4 bow in the final Conquest chapter. This is my fault for not checking it first but holy hell 4 range!? I'd have understood 1-3 so you can't longbow/spy shuriken him to death but man.

I haven't played Birthright yet but my wife was complaining last night about Camilla's chapter where she can continually rain death upon you via dragon vein.

Is Conquest chapter 19 really that bad? I actually didn't have any trouble with it on Hard/Classic. I mean the invincibility periods aren't random, right? They seemed to just switch every turn when I played, so they were easy enough to plan around. I guess it depends on what characters you're using, but half of my team was weak to beastbane and it was still pretty easy.

Also, am I the only one who makes use of bronze weapons? They're super convenient to forge, the high accuracy can help if you really just need one clean hit, and the +10 dodge has saved a lot of my units from ever being threatened by crits. Fairly useful in the aforementioned chapter 19 where the kitsune have high avoid and some unsettling crit rates. I do agree, though, that weapon proficiency is ungodly slow.

Anyway, Conquest chapter 17 was nothing but rage for me. It more or less forced me to promote all of my units then and there, and further cemented my burning hatred for ninjas. After two hours of carefully trudging through debuff hell and keeping Saizou alive, I realized that my only hope of beating that blasted Kotaro with his ridiculous 80-whatever avoid was to place a mage with bind next to him and hope to god that 2 out of 3 hits with shaky accuracy would hit him. After the first 58% accuracy move missed, I was about sweating bullets. Luckily, Arthur and Keaton pulled through with 75% and 65% accuracy, respectively, but seriously... screw that level. I've heard stories about Fuga in the upcoming chapter 20 being somewhat similar in a sense, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Is Conquest chapter 19 really that bad? I actually didn't have any trouble with it on Hard/Classic. I mean the invincibility periods aren't random, right? They seemed to just switch every turn when I played, so they were easy enough to plan around. I guess it depends on what characters you're using, but half of my team was weak to beastbane and it was still pretty easy.

Also, am I the only one who makes use of bronze weapons? They're super convenient to forge, the high accuracy can help if you really just need one clean hit, and the +10 dodge has saved a lot of my units from ever being threatened by crits. Fairly useful in the aforementioned chapter 19 where the kitsune have high avoid and some unsettling crit rates. I do agree, though, that weapon proficiency is ungodly slow.

Anyway, Conquest chapter 17 was nothing but rage for me. It more or less forced me to promote all of my units then and there, and further cemented my burning hatred for ninjas. After two hours of carefully trudging through debuff hell and keeping Saizou alive, I realized that my only hope of beating that blasted Kotaro with his ridiculous 80-whatever avoid was to place a mage with bind next to him and hope to god that 2 out of 3 hits with shaky accuracy would hit him. After the first 58% accuracy move missed, I was about sweating bullets. Luckily, Arthur and Keaton pulled through with 75% and 65% accuracy, respectively, but seriously... screw that level. I've heard stories about Fuga in the upcoming chapter 20 being somewhat similar in a sense, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Fuga is NOTHING compared to Kataro and his BS, but he's still annoying.

I didn't have a problem with 17, but that is probably because I went in there with everyone already promoted and to about level 5. I used the paralogues when I knew I was half way through to get the rest of the xp needed for promotions. The Ninjas could hardly touch Benny and Keaton who have really been 2 of my best units in the game for the second half.

I will say I was a little disappointed with just how easy Nohr Chapter 21 was. I took everyone out of the team except for Camila, paired her up with Corrin, and flew all the way to the top stoping on all dragon veins along the way. I think I got hit twice the entire time.

Fates is the only FE game where I get a panic attack whenever I see an enemy with ANY % of crit.

Conquest late game; after a tough level and fighting a certain Sniper boss with 12% critical hit

1419199376447_zps1hdr3mkm.png

I will say I was a little disappointed with just how easy Nohr Chapter 21 was. I took everyone out of the team except for Camila, paired her up with Corrin, and flew all the way to the top stoping on all dragon veins along the way. I think I got hit twice the entire time.

If you don't cheese the chapter it's pretty ridiculous with those golems. They can one shot squishies from long range.

While I had alot of trouble with some of the Conquest missions,I went though them with alot of luck and rng I guess... also Percy was like my nuke weapon sooo yeah.... but anyway, I just wish that I could grind in Conquest,or even better, that I could choose how I want to play either side, if I want with or Without grind, so I can take my time in Conquest and enjoy the cast... which I honestly find it much better then the one in Birthright.... not saying that the Hoshido characters are bad its just that... alot of them... make me want to use a generic Lancer then them..

Also... the Multiplayer.... unless if you are going to play with a friend.... you are going to dispise it... you dont gain anything from it, you dont get Battle Points and its just so unbalanced that even on Limited mode, your only tactic will be wait for the enemy to come to you... thats it

Also the resource managemnnt felt rather boring, im glad I could get somethings easy but I kinda got annoyed of having to go though a bunch of random "SKILLS" Castles, just to get some random stuff

Wary Fighter. Oh my god I hate that skill so much. It doesn't matter who has it. Stoneborn. Generals. It makes enemies incredibly obnoxious.

I'll throw my hat into the Lunge hate too. Chapter 25 Conquest? Those damn puppets. I'll kill them. I'll KILL ALL THOSE PUPPETS!

Oh and groups of Ninjas and their ability to make your units garbage.

Chapter 21 was pretty easy, but I'm okay with a breather chapter because I personally found Chapter 20 the toughest in the game. And while you can do what you described, there's a risk/reward of trying to farm the map for Exp.

I am currently having problems with chapter 24. It's not even the fliers I have problems with, it's the amount of magic users there are, and that stupid hexing rod. I swear that thing is the worst thing to have to deal with because it effectively makes a unit completely useless the entire map. Even worst when t is used on someone like Elise where she is stuck at 12 hit points the whole time.

I am currently having problems with chapter 24. It's not even the fliers I have problems with, it's the amount of magic users there are, and that stupid hexing rod. I swear that thing is the worst thing to have to deal with because it effectively makes a unit completely useless the entire map. Even worst when t is used on someone like Elise where she is stuck at 12 hit points the whole time.

Honestly the only way to beat the hexing rod is to either bait him with a support character or send in a speed demon and hope to dodge. Normally you could rush with a flier but the archers and flying archers make that difficult.

Conquest Chapter 10.

Just... no. I hate that entire chapter.

It's the most fun I've had with video games in a while. I just re-played it actually and only lost Nyx and Severa on the first try who I hadn't planned on using anyway, so I count that as a win. I normally don't like resetting just because I made a strategic mistake.

It's like playing the timed missions in Warcraft III for the first time again, so maybe I'm a bit biased due to nostalgia.

Edited by Thane

Conquest chapter 10 was a cold bucket of water to me on the first time I've played it, but the second and third time are actually fun. The only thing that annoys me is when enemy units make a zerg rush for the Defend line and Sky Riders just break through while you're too busy fending yourself from 10+ enemies.

Of course, you could just retreat and kill the Sky Riders instead of fighting them, but hey, every point of EXP counts.

Conquest chapter 10 was a cold bucket of water to me on the first time I've played it, but the second and third time are actually fun. The only thing that annoys me is when enemy units make a zerg rush for the Defend line and Sky Riders just break through while you're too busy fending yourself from 10+ enemies.

Of course, you could just retreat and kill the Sky Riders instead of fighting them, but hey, every point of EXP counts.

The difficulty in this game IS a bit back and forth. Chapter five (before the split) is harder than Conquest chapter seven. Chapter 10 in Conquest is very tough but the following is essentially "place unit X here to bait".

Edited by Thane

When I was doing the paralogue:

*watches their movement pattern*

"Huh. So these villagers are actually smart and moving towards my units-"

*villagers line up on the first bridge in range of enemies*

"-oh YOU FOOLS!"