Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serebii just uploaded some images. One showing ub02 red dude coming from a portal? attacking tapu koko and another showing ub02 female form attaking tapu koko. Which seems to confirm these UBs are exclusives for versions. They're also going to show more ubs.

Edit:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by Quintessence

Translated the site! Blame Chrom not me!

UB-02 Expansion

Tremendous muscle

UB02 EXPANSION is, the whole body is covered in tremendous muscle inflated. The power of the punch of full power using this muscle is immeasurable.

Hard mouth than diamond

Characteristic long mouth, it is said that harder than diamond. I wonder whether there is also be used for the attack.

UB-02 Beauty

Figure to attract all of the Pokemon

Pokemon saw UB02 BEAUTY is fascinated regardless of gender, it is said to lose the hostility. UB02 whether the unknown pheromone is out of the BEAUTY, whether its appearance is causing some sort of hypnotic state, the reason is not clear.

Speed like lightning

Thin supple extended leg is capable of explosive acceleration, it is said that it enough to avoid a lightning strike.

And yes, Expansion appears in Sun and Beauty in Moon.

Just looked at the impending clash shot with Tapu Koko and Expansion, and damn is that thing big. To the top of the crest, Tapu Koko is just under 6 feet tall. As such, Expansion is looking to be nine feet tall or more.

Looking at the Ultra Beasts page on the US site and nothing's updated. Very strange.

Damn, how disappointing, I was all hyped up, too.

I wonder why they're both called UB-02 though, especially if UB-02 has some kind of connection to Lusamine. One would think that there'd be someone of importance who'd look strikingly similar to Expansion as well, but so far we haven't seen anyone like that.

I still think Lusamine will wear a red hazmat suit or something at some point in the field- both UB02's have antennae and (hints of at least, in Beauty's case) four legs, as well as Beauty's "hair" curling outward on either side (not unlike Expansion's wings).

Anyways, decided to throw together the two "impending clash" shots with our favorite rooster tiki guardian.

Ultra_Beast_02_comparision.png

I still think Lusamine will wear a red hazmat suit or something at some point in the field- both UB02's have antennae and (hints of at least, in Beauty's case) four legs, as well as Beauty's "hair" curling outward on either side (not unlike Expansion's wings).

Anyways, decided to throw together the two "impending clash" shots with our favorite rooster tiki guardian.

Ultra_Beast_02_comparision.png

I just realized UB-02E has three legs.

I actually saw posts back in the day about how Primal Groudon could save ubers, due to effectively countering power herb Xerneas (which caused a fair amount of hysteria back when it first became a thing), Kyogre (Groudon is virtually guaranteed to be slower and should be made to be that way, causing its' ability to go into play second and neutralizing anything Kyogre could do to it), and Mega Gengar (it's bulky as heck with very high attack- who in their right mind would send Mega Gengar out against it anyways?).

The one thing that's deserving of the abomination title is Mega Rayquaza- the thing that broke ubers.

tl;dr It doesn't work. The logic here is you can't fix a cancer by making it even more cancerous(no shit)

Before Primal Groudon, PH Xern is handled by Ho-oH, Bronzong(no forced to use Bronzong in Ubers isn't a bad thing. Bronzong is legit good because of how well it match up against broken pokemon), priority and such after set up. It was actually fine by Ubers standard of "you let X get weakened and get swept by Y? Your fault. Don't tell us we didn't warn you of Ubers"

Kyogre have always been handled by Latias, and by handled i mean Ubers standard of handled where Latias would get 2HKO by Ice beam

Post Primal Groudon Xerneas is actually much more cancerous in Uber after Primal Groudon because just look at how much Primal Groudon destroyed everything Xerneas feared(Klefki? dead. Bronzong? dead. Hio-Oh? dead. Scizor? lol. ) it makes it so that since Primal Groudon killed every other check to Xerneas, but not itself, you just need to kill Primal Groudon.

Also metagame wise Mega Rayquaza is not on the level of Primal Groudon. In AG, Primal Groudon is bar none the best pokemon for pretty much the same reason as Ubers(Mega Rayquaza is just Mega Mence + E Speed).

VGC Primal Groudon is so blatant the waiting screen of VGC 2016 is literally "primal groudon and its bff", "using primal groudon yourself and taking its specific check", and "fuck primal groudon, use 2 pokemon created specifically to counter it".

Basically Primal Groudon should be banned to AG, but somehow it isn't. Its the Drizzle of Gen 6

Edited by JSND

I just realized UB-02E has three legs.

Actually, it has four. Each leg has one spike- a perception trick makes it look like it has three legs in that image, but there's an extra spike and joint there.

Actually, it has four. Each leg has one spike- a perception trick makes it look like it has three legs in that image, but there's an extra spike and joint there.

I see. Freaky. You don't normally see things with 4 legs and 2 arms.

I see. Freaky. You don't normally see things with 4 legs and 2 arms.

Centaurs.

Would've been better if it had three though, just for that extra freakiness factor, since I like how disturbing these things are without going too far. I still think UB-01's design is superior, but the other two are growing on me.

Edited by Thane

Seriously wondered what they are trying to do with UBs. Introduction of Stats wall boss fights in mah pokemon games?

That.... can't actually work without giving UB something stupid like super Magic Guard. Pokemon is literally filled with instant death move like Thunder Wave, and without switching even something like Growl become instant death

And yeah they look disturbing as hell

Edited by JSND

The idea of lusamine becoming a macho red insect with four legs is something that scares me for some reason but, at the sae time, I want it to happen.

But personally, I think Lusamine will be something totally different, if she actually has any kind of UB form. Especially if she will be the "leader" of the UBs or at least someone who is importabt to these creatures.

God, I want this game so much just to know what exactly the UBs are.

Edited by The Wyvern Rider

Seriously wondered what they are trying to do with UBs. Introduction of Stats wall boss fights in mah pokemon games?

That.... can't actually work without giving UB something stupid like super Magic Guard. Pokemon is literally filled with instant death move like Thunder Wave, and without switching even something like Growl become instant death

I believe the battles against them will be a mix immunity and things that will be detrimental to the player.

For example, UB-02 Beauty's bio says that it can charm all Pokemon, regardless of gender, so maybe, when fighting UB-02 Beauty,

all of the player's Pokemon will be inflicted with the Infatuation status effect, and even switching out the Pokemon won't heal it.

I believe the battles against them will be a mix immunity and things that will be detrimental to the player.

For example, UB-02 Beauty's bio says that it can charm all Pokemon, regardless of gender, so maybe, when fighting UB-02 Beauty,

all of the player's Pokemon will be inflicted with the Infatuation status effect, and even switching out the Pokemon won't heal it.

this and maybe outspeeding wvery pokemon, or having priority moves.

On the other hand, Expansion can take 1 dmg for physical moves and just be damaged with status or special moves.

Edit

And yeah they look disturbing as hell

I'll throw you my shiny mega sceptile and show you how instant death Thunder Wave is! HA Edited by Quintessence

It seems that a trailer has indeeed been released, even tough it's basically the same stuff that we have already seen about UB-02 Expansion and Beauty:

Absorption, huh? Maybe expansion has unfortunate connotations in English.

I still want to know why they're both called UB-02.