Let's Play FE4 Binary: Where Hacking Goes To Get Hacked

epilepsyduck

A Tale of Two Brothers  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which Joha brother joins our noble cause, and which is heartlessly slain?

• Recruit Johan, because this is Pony Emblem
    • Recruit Johalva, because I hate you

There will be no next update. Danan will crush the evil rebellion once and for all, as if they could stand up to the second strongest facial hair in Jugdral after Hannibal.

Not as good as Heim's eyebrows.

Fortunately Julia is playing Casual Mode, so she wouldn't have been gone for long.

True enough, but she would've missed out on Resire and been doomed to helpless healer status for a little while. I mean, only a little while, but still.

Alright, here's all that shit that probably should've been in the last update, but wasn't.

Chapter 6 Part 4: The Lone Baron

OfCAL6u.png?1

With Schmidt and his Axe Knight swarm out of the way, we're nearly done with the chapter altogether, but one thing stands in our way.

tqUzxoE.png?1

That thing is Danan, who now sits all alone in his crappy little castle, with no one around to help him out. I feel like the game should've given him a few defenders once you take care of Schmidt, but whatever, I'm sure he's enough of a badass to handle us all by himself.

JD37IRK.png?1dQ4InKL.png?1

Danan is sort of like a beefed-up Harold, in both a good and a bad way. On the one hand, not having the Blaggi Sword at this point would make damaging him meaningfully quite difficult, what with his high Defense and Great Shield, and all the while he'd be smacking you around with his Silver weapons and Continue and healing himself every turn.

On the other hand, Larcei having the Blaggi Sword means he's basically a cakewalk, as he can barely survive two hits from the thing. If she gets an Astra activation, he's toast.

mEQsuEp.png?1

But before we deal with him, we've got an overpowered tome to hand to our resident shaman. The whole Isaach = Resire and Sophara = Aura thing is still in effect, and while the buffs to Aura make it a far more desirable tome than before, Resire still wins out.

Z1RA4Pe.png?1

Like Aura, it lost some of its damage in exchange for being made considerably lighter (though Aura came out ahead in both areas by losing only 2 Mt for 11 Wt instead of 4 Mt for 5 Wt). The main advantage, of course, is its HP-drain effect, as well has having its Weapon Rank dropped from A to B, meaning more classes and characters have access to it. While Aura is a better spell for raw damage, Resire has it beat in most other respects, and Julia will get other raw damage spells later on anyway.

3qt6lHH.png?1

Now that we've got our tome, it's time to have everyone gather near the boss. Arthur has to cut through the mountains to reach him and actually get to do anything.

sHBjh5x.png?1

I nearly forgot to get Johan the Skill Ring from this village, but I corrected my mistake at the last minute. Good thing I'm not playing for ranks, my turn rank must be in the toilet by now.

bWajql7.png?1

With Lana's Physic staff broken, it's up to Julia to patch everyone up, which nets her an incredibly predictable +1 MHP, +1 Mgc, +1 Mdf level.

e8bOBPV.png?1

Alright, we're all in yet another overly-fancy formation. With our Charisma/Leadership bots set up around the castle, it's time to decide who'll take on Danan first.

aBPKCRz.png?1

I figured it was only fair that Johan, who's seen the light and is on the side of righteousness, get to demolish his crappy family members.

vJRcmvk.png?1

Well... "demolish" maybe have been a bit of a strong word. Here you're seeing why dealing with him without the Blaggi Sword and/or Rapier is a pain.

xU33GdF.png?1

He does get a decent level out of it, though. (+2 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Def)

46faBTm.png?1L7hD817.png?1

Oifey can't do much better damage-wise or level-wise. (+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Mgc)

pb2Ya3S.png?1smGcJjr.png?1

Lester's +1 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Def level is at least pretty good.

Hp0qVwM.png?1

Skasaher barely nicks him, but gets +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Luk, +1 Def, so it's not all bad.

rlVyfCZ.png?1

But enough boss abuse, Danan is a dead man.

Va5EdR7.png?1

That's my girl!

NfoAz3C.png?1

He actually got a couple lucky Great Shields in there, but she still managed to finish him off.

zK74MPb.png?1

+2 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Luk. Your levels are honestly kind of uninspiring compared to your brother's. I'm just saying.

TNCT7Pf.png?1

Normal people probably wouldn't give Sophara the time of day, but the completionist in me felt compelled to go conquer it anyway.

RImCoww.png?1EJEzpH2.png?1

As well as give Lana her little +3 MHP event. While I won't be grinding for love points like last Gen, if Lana x Celice wants to happen, I won't complain.

a6JzlJq.png?1

Julia patches everyone up and just barely gets another level. Predictably, it's +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Mgc, +1 Mdf.

01dARds.png?1lRHOO7G.png?1

The castle is ours, and the chapter is finished. I'm sure what we've seen is a great indicator of what we'll be facing later, right?

e5ratCg.png?1

Compared to how long it took me to complete most of the Gen 1 chapters, I positively blitzed through Chapter 6.

In Chapter 7, I'll be holding off a whole army with just three people, we'll meet a very deadly thief, Julia will embrace the darkness in her heart, and the hack will do its best to destroy everything I've built up. Hope you enjoy!

Edited by whenbananasattack

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit surprised to see that Danan's got no less then three weapons. It's been a few years but I recall from my time messing around with the Nightmare Editor that enemies can't be given more then two weapons.

And does he ever even use that Thief Sword?

I'm a bit surprised to see that Danan's got no less then three weapons. It's been a few years but I recall from my time messing around with the Nightmare Editor that enemies can't be given more then two weapons.

If he did, that's scary. Nothing is worse than having your gold stolen in this game.

Maybe the game treats it as an item? I think there are a few enemies with two weapons and a ring, like MacBeth in Chapter 2.

If you have ever play Inflation patch, don't be surprised to see enemies with 5-6 items.

You can assign enemy 3 items in vanilla FE4 using nightmare module, the third slot uses the character's inventory so it is always dropable.

Edited by hanhnn

Not that I've seen, no. I guess it's just there because he had it in vanilla FE4?

We'll start off Chapter 7 here a bit slowly, but I've got another post in the works relatively soon-ish, so I hope you're ready for it!

Chapter 7 Part 1: Utter Lunacy

gSN4Jyj.png?1FwHEZlf.png?1

Now that we're into Chapter 7, we get another taste of the game's weird inconsistency with who gets Thracia portraits and who doesn't. You'd think, of all people, Leif would get an art upgrade.

0wUf8zG.png?1P5CIOtu.png?1

As is typical of FE4, the chapter opens with enemies appearing absolutely everywhere.

udkAMGq.png?1

And as is typical of this LP, I'll be ignoring all of that for the time being.

iOg4ILN.png?1

The items on display at the shop are pretty nice. We'll get to who got what later, though.

q8FSOAJ.png?1

For now, we'll take a look at the Arena and what's changed. The first enemy has gone from Fighter to Brigand.

oyerFC5.png?1

The mage here is pretty much the same, though. How disappointing!

ONko4q7.png?1

Kruge the Lance Knight has cast away his Steel Lance and Javelin and become a Free Knight with a Steel Sword and Hand Axe. Here's him putting a sword through Julia's head.

jzQaDSE.png?1

The Swordfighter who used to be the fourth opponent has been knighted and become a dismounted cavalier of sorts.

o4hnm6q.png?1

His ranged counterpart is still just a Hunter.

S06IgAu.png?1

Next up is an Armor, who actually came close to beating Larcei here.

5f1NRd5.png?1

This Warrior here still has his Silver Axe/Steel Bow combo, and stopped Julia from getting any farther. He also seems to have picked up Continue.

NPmA5jv.png?1

Wolf the General, fresh from Shadow Dragon, hasn't changed much either. Delmud certainly had a difficult time handling him, though.

Now it's time to look at how everyone did, for the first time in Gen 2.

Arena Rankings and Level Ups:

ARENA RANKINGS- Celice *, Larcei *, Skasaher *, Julia 6, Lana *, Lester *, Fee *, Delmud *, Arthur *, Johan *, Oifey *

ARENA LEVELS-

Celice: 5 levels- +8 MHP, +2 Str, +1 Spd, +3 Luk, +3 Def, +1 Mdf

Our little lord is doing pretty nicely. I'm anxious for him to get a horse so he stops falling behind and actually gets to use those nice stats.

Larcei: 4 levels- +6 MHP, +3 Skl, +2 Str, +2 Spd, +2 Luk, +1 Def

Our resident myrmidon is also coming along great, but not as great as...

Skasaher: 4 levels- +5 MHP, +2 Skl, +3 Str, +1 Spd, +2 Mgc, +1 Luk, +2 Def

Her brother Skasaher! Goddamn, son, you're starting to eclipse pretty much everyone!

Julia: 1 level- +1 MHP, +1 Spd, +1 Mgc, +1 Mdf

The Julia special, with a side of Speed. I approve.

Lana: 3 levels- +3 MHP, +1 Str, +2 Mgc, +2 Luk, +3 Def, +3 Mdf

I'm glad Lana, unlike her mother, isn't forgetting to get Magic. That Defense is getting a bit crazy, too.

Lester: 2 levels- +2 MHP, +1 Skl, +2 Spd, +2 Luk

Sadly, her brother isn't defying his mediocre Strength growth the same way Midayle did. What a shame.

Fee: 3 levels- +3 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +2 Spd, +1 Mgc, +1 Luk, +1 Def

Getting a little bit of everything, I guess.

Delmud: 3 levels- +4 MHP, +2 Skl, +1 Spd, +2 Luk

This is what I'd expect from your mom, Delmud. Don't fucking do this right now.

Arthur: 3 levels- +2 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +3 Spd, +3 Mgc, +1 Luk

Pretty standard Levin!Arthur stuff, not that I'm complaining.

Johan: 2 levels- +2 Skl, +2 Str, +2 Spd, +2 Def

You're a very efficient man, Johan, getting all the essentials twice over. How you managed Skill twice in a row is a riddle for the ages, though.

Oifey: 2 levels- +2 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Def

*yawn*

6re0tdf.png?1LoZfNRB.png?1

AdqsfFP.png?1FyfpWJL.png?1

Inventory management time has come; Celice nabbed the Rapier and Fire Sword, Oifey got the Iron Lance and took Fee's Javelin and some spare Iron Blade, and Lana bought the staff and gave one of hers to Julia so she'd have room for it.

h17n4Zu.png?12SRl6ig.png?1

Fee also remembered to get her Life Ring out of the storage, and Johan picked up a few spare bits to conserve uses of the Pugi.

K0JFRYK.png?1

With all that out of the way, we've got a ton of new recruits to look at. Let's start with Shanan and his fangirl thief, who'll spend the remainder of the update running from the beefed-up defenses at Yied.

z72B4Lv.png?1AC2gcaZ.png?1

She's got everything she'll need to become a badass, with hopefully fewer headaches than it took for Dew to get there. The Beo Sword in particular is integral for my plans on getting the two of them out of here and getting her some EXP along the way.

VXRX4El.png?1QHZLFtD.png?1

Shanan got hit hard with the nerfs, getting a -4 to his Strength. This really hurts not only his damage but also his Avoid, since he won't be able to mitigate the weight of his weapons as well as his cousins. He still gets the Balmung, of course, so for now he's still great, but later on he's gonna get overshadowed pretty heavily, and I might just steal that Holy Weapon of his and give it to someone else.

KMO596Q.png?1

Now we've got the Lenster trio to look at. Let's start at the obvious place;

Y4tV3hZ.png?17NlF2uY.png?1

Leif! Much like the base game, he's not much to look at right now, but he'll obviously come into his own quite a bit more once he promotes. He's especially fun to use in FEBinary due to access to a couple special weapons that we'll be seeing later. For now, though, he's still just a slightly eh swordfighter.

SiwDheV.png?1WkNGWKX.png?1

Next we've got Nanna, who won't be much of a healer with Holyn as her dad, but will hopefully grow into quite a murder machine. Having mounted units with Luna is too great. Much like Leif, though, she's a bit iffy right now.

9vk5I9F.png?1iHBqaEo.png?1

Defending the two of them until they reach their full potential is Fin, who didn't do such a great job leveling up in Gen 1, and is thus gonna have to bank heavily on Prayer and the Hero Lance to get the job done. He's probably not gonna turn out too great, but as of right now Leif and Nanna absolutely need him.

DCRXZa3.png?1

Also, before we set out into the chapter proper, I'd like to draw your attention to a new spell lurking in the inventories of some of the Dark Mages in the desert. With 0 Might and oddly high Hit and Crit, you'd be correct in guessing it's everyone's favorite Dark spell, Luna! It's not too threatening now, given the low Mdf of our units and low Magic of the mages themselves, but it'll be quite a problem later down the line.

4j1UIes.png?1

We're finally ready to begin the chapter. Fee will head down to Lenster to help defend the villages and just generally stop the trio from getting splattered.

1QQqBBF.png?1

Everyone else is going straight for the desert.

rL8oK69.png?1

Speaking of the desert, it's time for Patty to fork over that sword she stole.

ryPrxtb.png?1

He's positively radiant with the Balmung in hand.

O7mD2E7.png?1

You'll note that the blade no longer has a measly 3 Weight anymore, meaning Shanan's weak arms cut into the Speed boost it gives. It's still quite useful, though, and we'll need it if we want to get the two of them out of here alive.

cjXuEKI.png?1

Leif and pals head out to save the villages from bandits and deal with the incoming Armor hordes.

IxpxAjJ.png?1

Oh, well, I didn't quite intend for that to happen.

CZW2N25.png?1

The RNG favors Lester, though, and he doesn't get so much as a scratch.

KUZrbJ7.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Spd. You're not encouraging me here, kid.

ZEGlICf.png?1

More mages approaching our little army.

NRDdc6x.png?1

Meanwhile, these guys approach our escaping duo.

a9RJpe4.png?1

Unlike Lester's little incident, I fully intended for Patty to get attacked here.

840rx0N.png?1

I wasn't prepared for the results, though. And that's before she gets knocked into Wrath range!

54Qkq9g.png?1

I'll be taking that.

Ar7tLGW.png?1

The guys from Alster approach, but it'll be a while before they're really a major concern.

EyFhIWk.png?11EYoT7T.png?1

Meanwhile, the bandits immediately scuttle forward in their attempts to ransack all the defenseless little villages.

K99ixYv.png?1

I'm hoping Fee's Lady Sword will be of use, though they might already be dealt with before she gets there.

kOXa81a.png?1

The little prince is ready for his first taste of combat.

twcBULM.png?1

He does have a very regal look about him with that Light Sword.

jxpYdeV.png?1

Unfortunately, the RNG chooses now to be a spiteful jackass. He dodged on a 98% chance to hit!

JbWEMRl.png?1

Y'know what? Fuck it. Nanna could use the ring from this village anyway.

TKWhfle.png?1

She's a little less eh now, I think.

PsfDuaE.png?1

I let Fin chuck a Javelin at this guy to soften him up for Leif and Nanna. Look at Fin being a good crutch and not instantly pulping weak enemies!

I1I4gTj.png?1

I know that crit was just a fluke and probably wouldn't happen again, but I figure I'll give Patty another shot at impressing me.

nCvAtfy.png?18Lwrs0w.png?1

Meanwhile, the main army is busy stomping on these purple-clad heretics.

tESxR91.png?1

Even Arthur gets to chip in with some long range support!

gDxFBF0.png?1

He even gets the Sleep effect to go off. Nice!

lDCzjnG.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Spd. Less nice, but whatever.

h9S0CYv.png?1

I keep endangering Lester's life entirely by accident.

KaqZo4N.png?1

Some mutual near-destruction is the result.

EIqEtPy.png?1

Patty kind of flubs her Vantage hit and eats a sword to the face in return. Oh well, at least Wrath has kicked in now.

ZJdVBD4.png?1jwWYrgx.png?1

We get a cutscene from the still-neutral Darna castle. Please guess which characters in these screenshots are evil and which ones aren't, I can't figure it out!

IDvwlrO.png?1

Since Nanna ruined their first shot at pillaging, the bandits run for new targets, while the Alster troops continue to march northward.

vgBPuDb.png?1

We'll have another trudge through the desert, acquire some dark magic for ourselves, and maybe even see some frighteningly powerful bosses next time. See you then!

What if Holyn was Ayra's husband? Would they have Major Odo Blood to get the full boost?

Yep, they would. The main reason I didn't do that was because the other FEBinary LP did that, actually.

WTF is Castor doing in the arena?!

Anyway, the evil character is the tree branch that's blocking blond guy's hair, and the good guy is the dude in the helmet. Why? Because he heard about what happened to Sigurd's party, and hides his identity so that the bad guys don't kill him and his family.

Then give the Balmug to one of Holyn's kids instead of Larcei or Ulster! I bet no one does that.

I'd be doing that if Delmud would start getting levels that don't suck already.

WTF is Castor doing in the arena?!

Anyway, the evil character is the tree branch that's blocking blond guy's hair, and the good guy is the dude in the helmet. Why? Because he heard about what happened to Sigurd's party, and hides his identity so that the bad guys don't kill him and his family.

eclipse here has the right idea; trees are the root of all evil.

I'm sorry i bring this poison with me everywhere I go.

I barely managed to squish everything going on into one post. Let's hope all the cuts don't render things utterly incomprehensible!

Chapter 7 Part 2: A blizzard in Yied

awiTn6q.png?1

We open up with the usual goings-on in Jugdral; cold blooded murder.

vrNk5xn.png?1

Julia's very good at it.

H15gV0p.png?1

Lester gets the level up ball rolling with +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Spd. As we'll see soon, this is on the high end of how levels go this update.

nwDCh9Z.png?1

Larcei is a fan of completely unnecessary skill activation just like her mom.

DgIRQSb.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Mgc, +1 Luk, +1 Def. Pretty good, glad you're not falling too far behind your brother.

gswkj38.png?1

Delmud gets a skill in too, but unlike Larcei his was entirely necessary.

GYAC7Gh.png?1

And so it begins.

8MBiApz.png?1

The AI spares Delmud, who was at very low health, in favor of less helpless prey.

t4OUMCX.png?1

I'm not sure what convinced this guy that a fight like this would go in his favor.

wJQowwW.png?1

Right here we're seeing why having Shanan take on Yied all by himself is a bad idea. These mages can kill him in just a couple hits and have a nonzero chance of hitting him even with the Balmung!

Y7DMtl8.png?1

Can Beowulf's mighty blade save his daughter's life when she needs it most?

d9aO1by.png?1

Yes it can! God, I love Beowulf!Patty.

uoGhQP4.png?1

That goes for levels as well as combat, as she gets +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Luk, +1 Def. Dew 2.0 she will not be.

GMb96E5.png?1

Over in Lenster, things aren't going so great for poor Leif.

Gp8A32I.png?1

He gets a decent level, though, with +2 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Def, +1 Mdf.

wybquMI.png?1

Unfortunately, he remains rather hapless in combat.

nPvX2Mj.png?1

All this brigandage is still going on. I could use that gold, you jerks!

tBXSI3q.png?1

On my turn, Patty gets rid of the mage blocking our way out.

oz3imcJ.png?1

Lester, meanwhile, gets rid of the last one in desert south of the shrine.

uQhoFIE.png?1

I won't be taking the majority of my army into the desert, for obvious reasons. The ponies, Skasaher and Lana are all heading south for when we actually conquer Yied.

yuHxFGg.png?1

Julia, Celice, Arthur and Larcei will be heading out to back up Patty and Shanan and take the castle.

6m4IOM9.png?1

Also, look who nearly forgot to give Delmud his +1 Str, +1 Skl, +1 Def. Lord knows he needs it.

EzzQqcX.png?1

Over on the other side of the map, Leif deals with a savage marauder.

0wOgeLP.png?1

His girlfriend, meanwhile, uses the power of the moon to decimate all in her path.

p59KmEN.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Skl. Not off to a great start.

k6J5XF3.png?1

Fin protects the fragile young prince while he barely clings to life.

dHA1xKM.png?1

No, bad Fin! Don't kill enemies that could go to Leif and Nanna!

7t6lsIv.png?1

That's better.

RQc47X1.png?1

Since Fee's finally arrived to help fuck up the Alster troops, I let her deal with the Mage Knight.

4q1tMla.png?1

She handles it with flair.

qYeGf0l.png?1

+1 MHP? Why?!

zAGZj6e.png?1

Leif hears my primal cry of rage and agony and offers +2 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Luk, +1 Def as tribute to calm me.

2zpPBNm.png?1

Time for the Beo Sword to claim yet more blood as tribute.

fgs3jsV.png?1

Like so.

ID3OyMO.png?1

Since we're finishing off the previous swarm of armors so easily, Alster sends out more for us to deal with.

fm5PSzD.png?1

Given the current state of things for the first group, I'm not sure why sending out the same kind of troops, but less of them seems like such a good idea to these folks.

Cmu9t7a.png?1

I didn't quite think my formations all the way through.

KRWc4KC.png?1

It's nothing the Life Ring won't heal, I suppose.

cOStndn.png?1

With the help of the Wind Sword, she gets her revenge.

LZEL4Hf.png?1

With the General out of the way, we go back to squashing his mooks.

kdTbg3l.png?1

After her first level was a miss, for her second Nanna... does barely any better, with +2 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str. I know those are your highest non-HP growths, but do a little better please.

T3ZzW2r.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Luk. You've done better in the past, so I'll let it slide.

C0vPvaV.png?1

I'm not terribly confident in Patty and Shanan's ability to survive against the Dark Mages, so for now we're pulling back.

dD1RfvR.png?1

Fortunately, help is on the way!

6xfV0Ge.png?1

The last Armor from the first wave is gone, and now the Lenster trio is just waiting for the second.

nKEctVR.png?1

Fee, meanwhile, keeps herself occupied with more bandit-slaying shenanigans.

DQvC7lg.png?1

Fee appeases my irritation with that last level by getting +1 MHP, +1 Spd, +1 Mgc, +1 Luk, +1 Def this time. Please do more of this and less of that previous nonsense.

IqvqIDe.png?1

One lonely little soldier has marched way ahead of everyone else, eager to prove himself a hero.

4r94uWr.png?1

Sadly for him, it's that kind of eagerness that gets you killed in this harsh land of Jugdral.

tWagqXq.png?1

There, no more bandits. Now she can focus on protecting our paltry prince.

u4GWNXb.png?1

Everyone who didn't go to Yied is now patiently waiting at the border. The border guards apparently have no problem with this.

KiGaw46.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Skl. Nanna, what have I done for you to forsake me this way?

NQrZxgQ.png?1

In lighter news, Julia's finally done crossing the Desert of Emptiness and Tedium, and she's now ready to help Patty and Shanan out.

dbVtfUb.png?1

I figured Julia deserved a chance to use those new tome skills, given how little action she's seen so far.

zKoYMC8.png?1

She, uh, does better than I anticipated.

BHffz5u.png?1

As in, she kills literally everyone who so much as looks at her.

tootJIr.png?1

Accompanied by a nice +1 MHP, +1 Mgc, +1 Def, +1 Mdf level.

RHLY4dc.png?1yMZNPqw.png?1

Larcei has a conversation with her cousin that, somehow, makes her stronger (+2 Str). It raises her love points with said cousin, too, which I'd rather not think about.

NNaPuig.png?1

Let's take a look at the boss now that everyone's here. He's got a name, but I hate it and its stupid, so I'll call him Cuvuli Jr.

tWNhDHt.png?1wPi3iad.png?1

Cuvuli Jr. is very much a glass cannon. No skills except for Pursuit, but Yotsmungand + High Magic = major pain. He's not terribly fast, though, and he's got paper-thin Defense, not to mention a weakness to the Blaggi Sword, so if you kill him before he pulls out Fenrir, you won't have a problem. However...

YyCBNnA.png?1

You'll note that he drops Yotsmungand, which is a surprisingly accurate and very damaging tome, especially for a C-rank one. Julia's our only choice in terms of wielders for the thing, and it's a pricey item that I'd rather she get directly instead of having to buy it. So instead of having Larcei or Shanan splatter Cuvuli Jr., I'll have Julia take him out.

veYfIn2.png?1

+2 MHP, +1 Skl. Look, I know you've got a high Skill growth, but you also have a high Strength one, good Luck, and decent enough Speed and Defense. Try using any of them at all next time, please.

8uLytsQ.png?1rM35Pf8.png?1

Celice also gets his Shanan event, giving him +1 Skl. Gee, thanks Shanan. Sadly, no love points for these two.

LraXvpy.png?1

+2 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Luk. While I appreciate that it's better than what Nanna is giving me, I'm a little worried about your Strength at this point.

wDVUszt.png?1

Fee brings down another foe with the power of hurricanes sealed within her sword.

ZjxUruZ.png?1

Less poetically, she gets a crappy level (+1 MHP, +1 Mgc). This is how we end our Lenster adventures, at least for this post.

UNoEtjC.png?1

Since I'd rather not deal with Fenrir, I try to have Arthur Blizzard the guy to sleep.

6W3xdRF.png?1

It doesn't work.

7sZe47Y.png?1

Welp, guess I have no one to blame but myself for not having Larcei immediately climb the cliffs and pulverize him.

TZqhIgZ.png?1

I seem to have bad luck with Myrmidons actually dodging anything at all.

3M8XhDk.png?1

I guess it's time for the traditional mountain climbing to save the day.

QcHInfV.png?1

Man, that's a really nasty and eye-searing shade of blue, isn't it? The true evil here is the eye strain its causing!

PYp18Zm.png?1

Patty successfully scales the cliffs and immediately knocks a guy out with bladed weapons. Don't think about it too hard.

evL8AAj.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Luk. I'm amazed that of all people, it's the thief who's giving me good levels. That's not traditional FE at all, I tell you!

UibAAJj.png?1

Can we get another sleep effect rolling?

zpvd3h3.png?1

Yes we can! No more blinding people with your spell's nasty color scheme, Cuvuli Jr.!

Kef05Ll.png?1

The mage Patty attacked get healed by his buddy, but no violent action is taken by the mages. I didn't realize they were such pacifists!

85UBXeb.png?1TUpCbJC.png?1

Their pacifism won't save them from the brutality of the Liberation Army, but what it will do is give my units mediocre levels. (+2 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Mgc, +1 Luk and +1 MHP, +1 Spd)

0KmLL1b.png?1

This little bugger has started moving straight for the Barrier Ring village. I'm gonna have to hurry this up, I guess.

ZIHdR3g.png?1

Julia must move as fast as her tiny legs can carry her.

wdJlU9F.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Mgc, +1 Luk, +1 Def. How are her levels always the best levels?

tAHFuc6.png?1

These cultists are loaded!

kQyYAH4.png?1

I won't lie, I reset the game twice to make Shanan not immediately pulp Cuvuli Jr. And I still couldn't get a screenshot that didn't have part of the EXP bar in it!

8hnbefU.png?1

Julia at least had the decency of getting it right on the first try.

xw8jiLY.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Spd, +1 Mgc. The fastest Julia in the world is right here in FEBinary.

ZYSgBJf.png?1

At last, we have access to demonic powers the likes of which have never been seen before. It'll be fun seeing this pretty priestess-like character inviting hellish pain and torment on people!

xlYty1e.png?1

Yied Shrine is finally ours!

uaOtQPP.png?1

Levin wishes Celice luck on the long, tedious trip back through the desert.

rGywupH.png?1

Fortunately, a mudslide happens for... some reason, and we can now just walk straight out!

Next up, we encounter a swarm of sorcerers, a mob of magicians, a congregation of conjurers, all of whom proceed to make life very difficult for us indeed. Until next time!

Y'all are such chatterboxes I barely have time to read all your replies, so let's dive straight in!

I'm a complete attention whore and need external validation to feel like I'm worth something.

Chapter 7 Part 3: A blade from the depths of Hades

Dhdifa9.png?1

With Yied Shrine under our control, Patty is now given permission by the game to hand Celice a sword. In the original, it was a Hero Sword, but Patty's got something far more... dangerous than that as a gift for our young conqueror.

4efYVWW.png?1

It's the good old Devil Sword, of course! Much like the Devil Axe, it's wildly impractical for a variety of reasons, but is at least marginally more useful because of its higher Hit and lower Weight, despite having the same Might. I'll find a user for this soon enough.

71I3OCM.png?1

Celice had too many items to hold the Sword, so I sent the Return Ring to the storage. Probably not a good idea, but whatever.

B8AjiMm.png?1RZ0E07f.png?1

With the Shrine under our thumb, Bramsel tells an unsightly neckbeard to pull his border guards back a bit. Now we're free to charge down to Melgen!

gLc4yzc.png?1

Unfortunately, Melgen is quite a bit better defended than vanilla FE4. I'm glad Freege has stopped employing endless swarms of Armors and gotten a more diverse palette of units. They've even got a High Priest!

bHzWfu6.png?1

This one last bandit needs dealing with.

K02t26d.png?1

Naturally, I sent Oifey to handle the situation.

o3uDq66.png?1

Then, like a complete and utter dumbass, I let him take the village's money and the Defense Ring within. Brilliant.

QuaiXu0.png?1
I'm gonna skip all the marching that got done and get straight to the part where everyone's together.

qqmHskr.png?1V1JUGwk.png?1

Though I will note the nice levels Julia and Lana got while patching people up. (+1 MHP, +1 Spd, +1 Mgc and +1 MHP, +1 Spd, +1 Mgc, +1 Luk, respectively).

Wx8Xq28.png?1

Here we are, all in a nice boxy formation.

53uryC2.png?1

Let's get a closer look at these jerks. The physical units are unexceptional, and all packing Steel weapons. The mages, meanwhile, seem to favor Elthunder.

zEHwjyn.png?1

Then we've got the Priests, who've both got Lightning and Physic, and will always make sure to move as far away as possible when they use the latter. Remember, Physic's got a 15 space range in FEBinary!

XtxRwQR.png?1

The High Priest is a pain in the ass thanks to that Silence staff, which he'll gleefully use to put your healers and mages out of commission. He's easily killed, at least.

R6rLvjh.png?17jqqWRw.png?1

Y'know who isn't easily killed? Liza here. Originally a pathetic little Thunder Mage that got mowed down effortlessly, she's now a Mage Knight (albeit a ponyless one), with massive boosts to every stat, Continue and, most annoyingly, Prayer. She also dropped her Defense Ring for a Lady Sword, meaning you can't just Silence her to render her helpless, though her low Strength means it's not really as threatening as Elthunder.

Status staves are an obvious way to neutralize her, but without that option you've got to be careful with how you approach her. Those Leadership Stars mean you must handle her quickly, though. She's really living up to her supposed status as a tactician with five of the things, isn't she?

1Tp7EZv.png?1lxcYo7d.png?1

Looming in the distance is Ishtore, who's even more difficult to handle than his wife/girlfriend/whatever. An unlucky Continue activation with that Bolting tome of his is death for basically anyone caught in its range. Once you actually reach him, you have to contend with Thoron, and his Vantage skill means he's all too likely to pulp you with it before you even get a hit in. Again, status staves are your friend in this fight.

cgQPsTM.png?1

I hate to break up such a lovely formation like the one they've got going, but I need them to come to me instead of the other way around. Shanan will lure them in.

NiKK7Du.png?1

Not a scratch on the man.

dv5jpdS.png?1
Liza's forces fan out, some taking an... interesting route through the mountains to get to us.

Lc3m8Ca.png?1

Next turn, I've set this up in the hopes of Patty getting some Beo Sword kills in there.

kw1pby4.png?1

What she gets is annoyed from afar by robed pests like these.

bws8q0l.png?1

And nearly murdered by the promoted mages, of course.

iHMcDDM.png?1

Thankfully, everything else went as I hoped; Liza in range, and no one got Silenced.

LpcBbaP.png?1

And with the High Priest out of the way, no one ever will.

mUWrCsT.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Mgc, +1 Luk, +1 Def. Goddamn, she's great.

ob9DVQE.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Spd. You've done better, so I'll let it slide.

Mx5cnB0.png?1

+2 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Mgc, +1 Mdf. That's... interesting, I guess?

L5f4ylZ.png?1

We've managed to cut through everyone between us and Liza.

SgD0We2.png?1

Can Larcei finish her off, or will she need some backup?

McEAGTE.png?1

Of course she doesn't, and you were a fool for having any doubts.

af8VBOY.png?1

Sorry, Liza. If it makes you feel any better, you have a nice portrait and palette! Even if they don't match

hesLTTu.png?1

Larcei earns +2 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Def from her boss killing. She's gonna be a tanky kind of Swordmaster.

f5Ngebm.png?1

Julia decides to test out that new tome of hers with the stupidly long name that I hate typing.

H776gmP.png?1

Delmud's a bit behind in his levels, and I'd like him to catch up a bit.

UGsx1Sd.png?1

Though if he keeps doing things like getting +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, he can forget about ever getting the Balmung!

g8qyJPB.png?1

Arthur keeps the tradition of long-distance leveling alive with +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Luk

yMzkAnL.png?1

Johan, meanwhile, continues to impress with that wonderful Pugi.

wwA5DFh.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Def. His levels aren't too shabby either!

9sZ2UCl.png?1

Here's how everything's set up. Don't worry, I patched up Patty so she don't die if someone coughs on her.

ZZY4by2.png?1

What I didn't count on is how pitiful Delmud's evasion is. Come on, kid, make your mother and father proud.

VmMPpja.png?1

For some mysterious reason, this mage decided targeting Shanan was a good idea.

fUF6YtI.png?1

This guy held a similarly foolish notion.

9r6QpYB.png?1

Their foolish march to their own deaths gave Shanan an impressive (for him) +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Def, +1 Mdf.

DGLkV0J.png?1

Glad I healed Patty. If I hadn't, I'm sure the RNG would not have been so merciful.

9WwH0WZ.png?1

I might've left Larcei in range of Ishtore, who's likely pretty pissed at her for the whole "murdering his lover" thing. Whoops.

eJ0JbyM.png?1

She can walk it off.

lutxzZc.png?1

Delmud gets his revenge on the Priest that embarrassed him.

yP1OHmN.png?1

Arthur, meanwhile, starts disposing of the mages and armors who took a weird detour through the cliffs.

0UjeAMs.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Spd, +1 Luk, +1 Def. I'm less worried about you than I am about Delmud, but it might be time to get a little more Strength.

7LWlFkH.png?1

We're heading south to deal with the last few defenders of Melgen before taking on Ishtore himself.

ypDqjGT.png?1TAdHWLC.png?1

We handle what remains of Liza's forces first, of course. (+1 MHP, +1 Spd, +1 Luk)

5iY5i5H.png?1X7T2YMt.png?1

We are pelted from afar by various annoyances in the process.

8h6y6bO.png?1

Luckily, we don't have to contend with that for long.

o46B1dE.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Luk, +1 Def. She's a scary little monster now, isn't she?

DbiL0v4.png?1

Patching people up gets Lana +2 MHP, +1 Mgc, +1 Luk. You know what that means, right?

lKZE0Y2.png?1

She now has enough Magic to Silence Ishtore!

thkV5Vg.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Luk, +1 Def. I was hoping for a little more Magic, but I suppose it's nothing the Magic Ring can't fix.

RfBedHc.png?1jcZI2ER.png?1

Killing the Melgen defenders doesn't net us the greatest levels, sadly, with only +1 MHP and +1 MHP, +1 Def. You've both done better before, so I guess it's not the end of the world, but don't make this your new thing please.

nqefBer.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Mgc, +1 Mdf. Strength?

syGJaCZ.png?1

I do my damndest to tilt this fight in Delmud's favor.

ej8oVor.png?1

He's quite successful, thankfully.

U6Hii6w.png?1

Less so in getting stats he needs, though, with only +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Luk from this fight. You don't want to become a Charismabot, Delmud, but that's exactly where you're heading right now.

zmN4ff8.png?1

Everyone's gathered around to take chunks out of Ishtore before finally putting him out of his silent misery.

XWbI5KN.png?1

First, we rob the rich boy blind.

10GXbQ2.png?1

Then we have everyone gang up on him and wear him down. Delmud in particular gets two Lunas.

ysdQkzh.png?1

Arthur is ultimately the one who ends things.

6DS8HN7.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Spd. Everyone keeps missing their damage stats, and it's not fun.

8gciH5j.png?1L9o0HGn.png?1

With Melgen out of the way, I split everyone up yet again; Julia, Delmud, Lester, Patty, Skasaher and Arthur will charge down to Alster, while Celice, Shanan, Larcei, Oifey, and Johan will capture Darna.

Note that it's very important you at least have your guys ready to move towards Alster before you conquer Melgen. I'll detail why shortly.

xXqf88p.png?1

Levin congratulates Celice on yet more senseless slaughter and meaningless conquest.

16TtXGj.png?1

To signify we've been here, we leave a blue flag where a red one once flew.

41Em7j9.png?17RTlBcw.png?1

All these guys really hate the color blue, though, and will use their military might to change the flag back to a more pleasing color.

Do note the new class of the mage sisters; they are now (dismounted) Mage Knights rather than varying flavors of unpromoted mages, and have extra movement which changes their AI. If you don't have people ready to charge at Alster the second the border guards go red, they will ignore Celice and go after Lenster. The Lenster trio almost certainly can't survive this without some incredible luck, or a very powerful Fin, so make sure you've got troops ready to go unless you really like to torture yourself.

z2G5rQG.png?1

Thankfully, they go exactly where I want them to this time.

62CCTVb.png?1

Also, this arrogant blond shit has turned blue for whatever reason. I mean that in the most affectionate way possible.

5Qt4csF.png?12QFnzBz.png?1

Ares, all in all, is largely the same old nuclear option he always was. No new stats or skills or anything, but he does have a nice bonus to that sword of his.

AIsobyL.png?1

As you may recall from Chapter 3, the Mystletainn is an HP-draining weapon now. It's also able to be handed to Delmud and Nanna, though in practice I rarely find much reason to have anyone but Ares use the thing. Still, if Ares isn't turning out great and Lachesis's kids are, it's not a bad option.

RrZo6df.png?1

Hopefully I'll have the next bit of the chapter out sooner than a week from now. Until then!

Alright, we've got two fronts to fight on this time around. I hope I post this in a way that doesn't make the whole thing unreadable and confusing!

Was that last post a smidge passive-aggressive because I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to be.

Chapter 7 Part 4: Trials of the Troubadour

XoOMdr5.png?1

With Ishtore out of the way and Melgen under our domain, Celice contemplates his next acquisitions.

ioteT4G.png?1

As luck would have it, he's got two targets opening their borders to him so he can vanquish them all! Let's look at Darna first, since Celice himself will be heading there first.

QdoiFkr.png?1FSoITUx.png?1

Most of the enemies are indeed this statistically frail and unimpressive, but fortunately the Killer weapons are unique to these two; everyone else just gets Steel. Wll, okay, the border guards also have Killers, but they don't count since they don't move.

5q7fEmb.png?1bvuDIz4.png?1

Far more scary and competent is Jabarro, with his horrible facial hair and scary skillset of Continue and Critical. Combined with a Skill Ring, he's got a worryingly high chance of getting crits, and given he's hitting you with a Silver Sword, that's going to hurt quite a bit. I actually had to reset twice because of this guy, but we'll only be seeing my successful run against him.

y95YX6A.png?1

Aside from the mercenaries, we've got a Hero and two... well, Mercenaries, guarding Darna itself. The Mercenaries are nothing special, but the Hero has a Hero Sword, as a mark of her heroism I guess. Still not too dangerous, but it's something to watch for.

8H10VjU.png?1wvTfDDX.png?1

Speaking of "not too dangerous", we've got Bramsel here. Looking at his stats, you can see why he had to hire Jabarro to defend his castle. The only really ace up his sleeve is that Horseslayer, but even that probably won't be enough to save him.

And no, I don't know why he has the Bargain skill. I guess he's a thrifty shopper when he's not busy being a rapist douchebag?

1JmzZhx.png?1

Approaching from Alster are a trio of sisters, with no less than six mages trailing behind them. Since I've set everything up correctly, they're charging for Melgen where I have troops waiting for them.

aRoZCkv.png?1R220sxL.png?1

They all share the same skills, and those skills do a fine job of making them a nuisance to deal with. Pretty much no one but my mages can survive eating two Elwinds/Elfires/Elthunders to the face, and the mages can't deal much damage to the sisters in return. Taking out Vampa here is top priority because of her annoying Leadership Stars, as well as to stop their Triangle Attack.

Since they all have the Life skill now, it makes sense that they'd replace their Life Rings with something else. Vampa here has the Critical Guard...

vrx2VC3.png?1

Eliu, meanwhile, has the Knight Ring...

eC5jqe7.png?1

And last but not least, Fetra has the Elite Ring.

If none of these items were inherited from Gen 1, they'd be droppable here. As it stands, though, they're just here to clutter up their inventories.

Vj51VIR.png?1

Before we can deal with these bosses, we've got to cut through the border guard. Arthur's already weakened him.

tz9e07Q.png?1

Patty finishes the job.

JTmxpY9.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Luk, +1 Def. I'm glad, with everyone else on such thin ice, that you're coming along so wonderfully.

LYYHjEb.png?1

Lester finishes the other one off.

wLzDEXG.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Str. Honestly, I'll take it. You need the Strength, kiddo.

XcWQEre.png?1

When enemy phase comes around, my defensive formation attracts a pair of Free Knights.

XjIDZBo.png?1

it goes about as well as you'd expect.

Ddq4GO0.png?1

Johan is less successful in handling his foe.

X3dvF8H.png?1

It's okay, though; Lana patches him up for a +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Luk.

INRvxhY.png?1

Larcei isn't gonna let that little scratch he gave Johan slide, though.

AkKH5KE.png?1

+1 MHP. You've done so amazingly that I can overlook this, but just this once.

HsaqPmb.png?1

I have an awesome defensive formation set up. No, I do not save after doing this only to realize that Ares can't go a round with the boss without dying, nope, that didn't happen.

3kOZ3Dm.png?1

Since that situation didn't happen, we'll focus for a moment on my plan to lure the Magi Sisters to me before throwing everything I've got at Vampa and praying she doesn't survive.

rbDnwL5.png?1

Here we have Ares not about to die a death of a thousand cuts twice in a row.

VlgRcI7.png?1

What we do have is Johan getting Vantage crits.

nM0Y1Dj.png?1

+2 MHP, +1 Def. Major Neir blood is nothing if not predictable.

D9rqDFz.png?1

The Mystletainn's new HP-drain feature does stop Ares from dying as quickly as he usually did in vanilla FE4.

on1aQPz.png?1

That doesn't help him once the archers come into play, though. Luckily, Ares dodges.

DYgbyB3.png?1

The boss decides to attack Johan this time the one time I did this.

7TtEKN2.png?1

He takes a beating, but he'll live.

JX3wclR.png?1

The sisters are now in range.

8Swrne2.png?1

I think you all know what that means.

ldHg2xP.png?1

Against all odds, Skasaher lands two hits on Vampa, though she roasts him in return.

jL4l8KI.png?1

Lester puts an arrow between her eyes to finish the job.

4mzof19.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Def. Good, those are both things you need.

hVZsP9r.png?1

Julia patches up our little axefighter so the other mages don't shock him to death.

YxD4aWS.png?1

She gets +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Mgc, +1 Def, +1 Mdf for performing her medical duties.

hMP1eFm.png?1

I figure why not, let's try to Blizzard Eliu to sleep.

VJNHEEU.png?1

The spell hits home, but doesn't knock her out. Ah well, it was worth a shot.

4iGjgiI.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Spd, +1 Def. Odd pattern of my mages getting defense, it seems.

YJJMmkK.png?1

Since Larcei was so pissed at a guy who merely scuffed Johan up a little, you can imagine how she'd react to someone who nearly killed him, right?

EXiexw7.png?1

About that much, yeah.

FNojKUZ.png?1

She didn't actually kill Jabarro, though, so I figured Ares could finish him.

lrdyDGG.png?1

And finish him he did.

9v3zJHJ.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Luk, +1 Mdf. Really, Ares?

ykEYzs4.png?1nTpRyhS.png?1

Once we go on the defensive, we get some rather good levels. (+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Luk, +1 Def and +1 MHP, +1 Spd, +1 Def)

zmrRe30.png?1xnQG8AU.png?1

The Magi Sister, despite the "death" of Vampa, still seem to be under the delusion that a Triangle Attack is possible, as they both attack Julia from melee range.

9waaqiM.png?1

I had Delmud chill on the cliffs nearby to give Charisma bonuses to everyone, but one enterprising mage goes for him, only to miss completely.

gKJohtO.png?1

The majority of the foes gravitate to Julia for some mysterious reason.

cPm8GsF.png?1

Though at least one picks on Skasaher, which is an even worse idea in all honesty. (+1 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Luk, +1 Def)

4qeMpB4.png?1

Teeny, for her part, is smart enough to attack a unit that can't hit back. Good on you, making recruiting you not a pain in the ass.

9AX9gvV.png?1

I figure Delmud should be able to handle this one little taste of combat.

15BrcCU.png?1

He conquers it with much gusto.

yRN5KSu.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Luk, +1 Def. You really needed to be giving me things like this all along, buddy.

u0rMuu1.png?1

I forget which one this is, but Patty gets rid of one of our boss trio.

cWYDBRk.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Luk, +1 Def. She's literally the polar opposite of Dew at this point.

R3dGTPv.png?1HhVARl0.png?1

Skasaher and Lester tag team the last Magi Sister. Now all that's left is to recruit Teeny and mop up the surviving Mage Knights.

c2I9Jro.png?1

Given the nonfatal zapping Teeny dished out to Lester the first time, I figured I'd better heal him and hope she targets him again.

2p5T3nW.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Spd, +1 Luk, +1 Def, +1 Mdf. Pretty good stuff.

K4vSZFN.png?1

I'm not sure what alien forces are convincing the AI that attacks like this are a wise move on its part.

XJPZZUC.png?1

I mean, he's Levin's son, after all!

pdlh0hW.png?1

And with levels like +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Mgc, +1 Def, he grows more and more worthy of that title.

oRzI93w.png?1

Despite having the right idea last time, Teeny gets it all wrong this go around. At least she survives and doesn't Wrath Julia's face off.

aDdzrff.png?1

To stop her from performing any more self-destructive acts, Arthur gets her on our side. Now she can stick it to those abusive fuckholes she's been forced to call a family!

BTI42Jj.png?1jM0k5gh.png?1

There's not a world of difference between Teeny and Arthur right now, aside from her lower level and lower stats, but late in the game she'll be getting her hands on something quite fantastic that will hopefully help her stand out a bit. For now, her unique gimmick is Sol + Wrath.

u2RIEDT.png?1

And she puts both to good use against her former colleagues.

H8QQWvf.png?1

Jabarro's mercenaries are all dead, so it's time to start working on the Darna border patrol.

CWKUBPm.png?1

+2 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Def. That's highly practical, keep it up and you'll leave your cousins in the dust!

6CfgWPw.png?1

Speaking of whom, Nanna and her revolutionary boyfriend are about to welcome some guests into Lenster.

bSLtS8l.png?1

Leif will start off by showing them the light.

SMu3V4I.png?1

No Continue or critical hits? What a let down!

M4TG6Da.png?1

Nanna is here to clean up his mistakes, at least.

QMFSvh1.png?1

Fee gets quite the shot in on this one guy.

4jDfn9L.png?1VtEMZCm.png?1

Back in Darna, we continue clearing out Bramsel's troops, giving Celice a mediocre +1 MHP, +1 Luk, +1 Def and Johan a useful +1 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Def.

DYiWCfK.png?1

Shanan got the last one, just because I was impatient and didn't want to let him live another turn.

7cvw6oR.png?1

Alster continues to pour armors forth from its gates, but one of them gets a little distracted.

OVNDlER.png?1

He's totally fine, though.

JXUJe9z.png?1

Someone who was also totally fine and did not need the game to be reset four times for her to survive because I don't learn from my mistakes and I saved after moving her was Nanna, whose Rapier makes her very good at killing these guys. Maybe too good Just good enough, with no problems caused at all.

7LyqWQC.png?1ikAR01o.png?1

She levels up twice from this ordeal funtime experience, getting +2 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Luk and +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Def. That is considerably better than before, please keep it up!

DFlucPm.png?1

This fucker killed her so much oh my god it was awful Nanna beats this guy up easily, without any hassle and with no painful deaths.

AphYIWY.png?1RvvGVtw.png?1

Then, we go on the offensive and wipe out what little remains of the guys from Alster.

InK5dhM.png?1

Including the idiot who waylaid our poor Lester.

PRJTkfR.png?1

Next update should hopefully see us close out Chapter 7 (but no promises)! Hope you'll be there to read it!

I, for one, really like this LP. I can read integrity's thread for the story and this one for the gameplay. The best of both worlds.

Chapter 6 Part 4 spoiler (the one at the top of this page) won't open anymore :(

I'm trying to catch back up but now I can't D:

EDIT: Actually, nvm, my browser just won't let me open spoiler tabs for some reason.

Edited by Vahne

As soon as you admit your mistakes, it makes it easier to not make them.

What mistakes? I am a peerless tactician!

I, for one, really like this LP. I can read integrity's thread for the story and this one for the gameplay. The best of both worlds.

Having my crappy LP compared to Integrity's is honestly so flattering and I've got a stupid grin on my face now.

Turns out I have a lot of time on my hands today, so let's go for two posts in one day instead of one post every eight days!

Also, it seems when I don't promise something is coming, it actually happens, as this'll be our last adventure in Chapter 7.

Chapter 7 Part 5: Larcei the World Eater

Gvht7VY.png?1

With Darna and Alster both so close to defeat, Celice sends out his best soldiers to punch through their meager defenses.

FWADl0H.png?1EORJpGL.png?1

They do a more than adequate job of things.

3FgqzTb.png?1

Lana gets +1 MHP, +1 Luk. That's... pretty bad, Lana.

d5TCIe2.png?1

Celice really shows her up with +1 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Mgc, +1 Def. How did he get magic but not the healer?

YHoCO99.png?1

The last of Bramsel's troops is vanquished, and we can start taking care of the douche himself.

3rODNCM.png?1

This is complete overkill given how weak he is, but fuck it. I don't wanna spend more time on Darna than I need to.

8Voeuap.png?1

Given that Darna is known for its miracles, can another one happen to save Bramsel from a very angry myrmidon?

5WLV8kG.png?1

That'd be a resounding "no", it seems.

Ah82pxz.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Luk, +1 Def. And with that, she's ready for promotion! Figures Lex's kids would be the first up for that.

9Kkekbq.png?1

Darna is ours!

EpGe90P.png?1

Levin has a remarkable tendency to show up in places that have green-haired dancers.

ghmqgzn.png?1

Speaking of, we've come to rescue her and her wonderful rings. Let's ignore whatever dubious things happened here and look at who we've recruited!

DojHqKo.png?1l8ElqVV.png?1

There's not a lot to say about Leen other than "she's a dancer". The Leg and Knight Rings mean she's very good at what she does, though, which is the primary reason I paired Sylvia. Those items are just too pricey for Laylea to buy on her own, and while Charisma and the Darkness Sword (which she gets instead of the Barrier Sword) are nice, we've got three units who can play Charismabot already, plus Celice, and we've got more magic swords than I have any real use for. A shame FEBinary Laylea isn't like Genealogy of Tordo Laylea, she'd definitely win out over Leen if that were the case.

6GQE7nD.png?1

She'll be using those dancing skills quite a bit to get everyone at Darna to Alster.

MPLWR0r.png?1

Also, take a look at how much it'd cost Ares to repair his vampire sword. Christ. This is why it's important to get him a few more weapons.

WpbdUV2.png?1

I let Lana warp a couple people to Melgen so they'll have an easier time reaching Alster.

JzgDrek.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Spd, +1 Luk. That's... better, but still not great.

lISsEtW.png?1lq5leDH.png?1

I nearly forgot these two even had a +1 Luk event together. I'm sure it'll make all the difference in the world.

ftUTBoC.png?1

Let's ignore the long road trip and focus on the point where everyone's here, ready to throw down with Blume.

ELxvByc.png?17kb8m2m.png?1

These three Generals defending Blume aren't anything especially impressive, but they can fuck up more fragile units pretty good if you put them in range. It's best to handle them carefully.

EtVDuSt.png?1U5wC1Sj.png?1

Then we get to Blume himself, and oh boy is he a whole other story. I literally couldn't find a single unit who he didn't have an above +75% chance of hitting except Shanan, and most units can't take more than a single hit from Mjölnir. He's also very evasive, aggravatingly durable and has an annoyingly high chance of activating Great Shield. You can't just send anyone out to deal with him, because he'll mercilessly splatter them in a heartbeat.

Dq969mZ.png?1

We'll worry about him later, though. Right now, we've got some Generals to clear out.

Cb2cmpj.png?1zfrmw2u.png?1

Nanna and Teeny's combined efforts can't get rid of him, but they do get +1 MHP, +1 Spd, +1 Luk and +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Luk for trying, so it's not all bad.

DY376ZO.png?1

It falls to Patty to finish him once and for all.

tpUR0Og.png?1

Lester accomplishes all on his own what Nanna and Teeny couldn't do together. (Yes this is a terribly timed screenshot for demonstrating that, shut up)

bD8CDIo.png?1

He gets a rather nice level, too. (+1 MHP, +1 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Mgc, +1 Luk)

mQHBmB7.png?1

His sister then does... this after healing him. (+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Luk, +1 Def)

6vWddcB.png?1

Arthur also manages to get rid of one all on his own. What a trooper!

BODGMbs.png?1

+1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Mgc, +1 Luk. Okay, fair enough.

929povQ.png?1

Alright, we've got the Charisma Zone set up. Now, who will take him on?

nyR4X26.png?1

Since Arthur can engage him perfectly safely, I figured he'd open up with Blizzard.

t5DbzrU.png?1

It... doesn't quite work.

QYC5Nb6.png?1

I did try to have someone else handle it, but none of them had especially encouraging odds except Shanan, and I don't want to waste experience on him. Larcei will take on the job.

vbhZHyO.png?1

He didn't stand a chance.

zNHFm4F.png?1

+2 MHP, +1 Def. I mean, to be fair, she's capped quite a few stats.

25qP4hq.png?10fYmfQl.png?1

After that, it was time to send some people home so they could try the arena again, and so Larcei could promote.

GEJdghf.png?1DMIkwk4.png?1

PNXEcQs.png?1ARyk4T8.png?1

We get quite an assortment of levels from Nanna, Lana, and Leen, who danced for them so they could send everyone home even faster. In order, they're +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Mgc, +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Luk, +1 MHP, and +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +1 Str, +1 Luk, +1 Mdf.

AFRR4zR.png?1

Everyone managed to beat the Arena, though some had to cheese their way through with the Sleep Sword. Here's the results:

Arena Rankings and Level Ups

ARENA RANKINGS- Julia *, Shanan *, Patty *, Leif *, Nanna *, Fin *, Ares *, Leen *, Teeny *

ARENA LEVELS-

Shanan: 1 level- +1 Skl, +1 Def

Things like this are why I'm considering having you fork over the Balmung.

Patty: 3 levels- +1 MHP, +2 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Mdf

She is the strongest thief ever born, and her sword will rend the heavens.

Leif: 3 levels- +2 MHP, +1 Skl, +2 Str, +1 Spd, +1 Def, +1 Mdf

This is all good stuff. Keep it up!

Nanna: 2 levels- +2 MHP, +1 Skl, +2 Str, +1 Spd, +2 Luk, +1 Def

She knows what she wants, and what she wants is more Strength. I'm cool with this development.

Ares: 2 levels- +4 MHP, +1 Skl, +2 Str, +1 Mgc, +1 Luk, +1 Mdf

Her cousin has quite a lot in common with Nanna in that regard, but he's not as good at getting other important stats.

Leen: 3 levels- +1 MHP, +1 Skl, +2 Mgc, +1 Luk, +2 Def, +2 Mdf

I don't think anything here really matters, does it?

Teeny: 3 levels- +3 MHP, +2 Skl, +1 Str, +2 Spd, +3 Mgc, +3 Luk, +1 Mdf

I was worried your brother would overshadow you, so I'm glad to see you're working to catch up to him so diligently.

oog3fQb.png?1

Gen 2 promotion time is here, and Larcei is ready to follow in Ira's incredibly overpowered footsteps. Her classes are all the same as her mom's, but we'll look at them anyway since it's been forever since we've seen Ira.

rcoS44l.png?11FC9g2w.png?1

Unsurprisingly, her first option is Swordmaster! She gets +5 Skl, +1 Str, +5 Spd, +3 Def, +3 Mdf, +1 Mov, the Pursuit and Continue skills, and a +10 Crit bonus. Pretty excellent stuff, the weak Strength bonus aside, it's pretty much the bog-standard Larcei build.

WRZYCHt.png?1vfdqVKI.png?1

Her secondary option is Mercenary. Its boosts are less speedy but more beefy with +2 Skl, +3 Str, +2 Spd, +3 Mgc, +3 Def, +3 Mdf, +1 Mov, but she only gets Pursuit and a +5 Crit bonus. On the other hand, she gets A Axes right from the word go, regardless of who her father is. If she's got a dad that already gave her Continue, this is a viable alternative.

SwhKmPi.png?18bzo71e.png?1

Her more exotic third option would be Hero. The boosts are between that of the other classes with +3 Skl, +2 Str, +3 Spd, +3 Mgc, +3 Def, +3 Mdf, +1 Mov, and it offers only Pursuit and +5 Crit like Mercenary, but instead of A Axes, she gets B Bows. I guess that could be useful for... something. Really, though, it doesn't compare to the other options at all, does it?

I think it's pretty obvious why I'm not going with Hero as her class. Mercenary is tempting due to some weapons we'll be getting later down the line, given her Neir blood and all that, but I think it'd be best if I go Swordmaster instead. Continue is too good to pass up, even for a new weapon rank, and her brother can go Mercenary anyway.

CrkI5em.png?1

Alster is ours, we are done with this place at last!

e6AXzW3.png?1

"Blah blah blah conquer Thracia because blah blah blah"

mloxp1w.png?1

I think I've set a new speedrun record here or something.

In the next Chapter, FEBinary gets sick of our mortal existence and starts pulling out all the stops. Till then!

Hello everybody. Bananas has given me permission to show off some of the new portraits in the RM 2.97 version of Binary. This post will include the portraits of Gen 1's playable characters, plus some others.

[spoiler=Gen 1 PC]

qG2eKFq.png

Sigurd

FzHKMjM.png

Noish

E3vMwwX.png

Alec

ZLS6lAz.png

Arden

gtTzSIc.png

Finn

IgFtsYZ.png

Quan

z3LzEY0.png

Midir

ZwuFq50.png

Lewyn

Gn20xiW.png

Holyn

U1lb74a.png

Azel

u7ikar2.png

Jamke

FCU1nie.png

Claude

rOuQKgH.png

Beowulf with Beo Sword

TXuZlAH.png

Lex

S5L2JOn.png

Dew

U8p4dRM.png

Deirdre

SrdXndB.png

Ethlyn

wZ6V0Zw.png

Raquesis

DXbR5BT.png

Ayra

1zaWZDa.png

Fury

VpmWlhf.png

Tiltyu

vBqvktY.png

Sylvia

TeHrUAo.png

Adean

SJijLaq.png

Briggid

[spoiler=NPC]

fR1wiLh.png

Shanan

H2GqIr9.png

Manfroy using his Thracia portrait

ExsU3hh.png

Chagall and Eldigan

gCScEyE.png

King Azmure

OWXzKlU.png

Prince Kurth, Lord Vylon, and Lord Ring

I9XHOVV.png

Lord Reptor and Lord Langobalt

7HMb5Hp.png

Arvis

zwwj75K.png

Oifaye

srTjXNW.png

Weapon Repair Guy probably using one of Thracia's villager portraits

ulgkBIN.png

Pawn Shop Guy using Thracia's armory owner portrait

WIhhtDq.png

Anna using her Thracia portrait

MOpvdL8.png

Arena Guy using his Thracia portrait

XBGZHJx.png

Fortune Teller Guy using Thracia's old man portrait

lby3Aif.png

Item Shop Guy using one of Thracia's villager portraits

[spoiler=Prologue]

nqjBKZL.png

Gandolf

t58ZpEH.png

Dimaggio using one Colho's Thracia portrait

JtoSbxI.png

Gerrard using one Zile's Thracia portrait

[spoiler=Chapter 3]

7PIylKJ.png

Jacoban

IYtjCjD.png

Gomes, the pirate who took Lex's Brave Axe using Jabal's unused Thracia portrait

Yz2DtLs.png

Dobarl using Colho's Thracia portrait

I'm not going back for Chapter 1 or 2 portraits, or the dragon boss that supports Chagall, but I'm sure I'll see their portraits again sometime. The guy who drops the Barrier Ring had Conomore's portrait from Thracia 776.

Edited by Konnor97

Hello everybody. Bananas has given me permission to show off some of the new portraits in the RM 2.97 version of Binary. This post will include the portraits of Gen 1's playable characters, plus some others.

[spoiler=Gen 1 PC]

qG2eKFq.png

Sigurd

FzHKMjM.png

Noish

E3vMwwX.png

Alec

ZLS6lAz.png

Arden

gtTzSIc.png

Finn

IgFtsYZ.png

Quan

z3LzEY0.png

Midir

ZwuFq50.png

Lewyn

Gn20xiW.png

Holyn

U1lb74a.png

Azel

u7ikar2.png

Jamke

FCU1nie.png

Claude

rOuQKgH.png

Beowulf with Beo Sword

TXuZlAH.png

Lex

S5L2JOn.png

Dew

U8p4dRM.png

Deirdre

SrdXndB.png

Ethlyn

wZ6V0Zw.png

Raquesis

DXbR5BT.png

Ayra

1zaWZDa.png

Fury

VpmWlhf.png

Tiltyu

vBqvktY.png

Sylvia

TeHrUAo.png

Adean

SJijLaq.png

Briggid

[spoiler=NPC]

fR1wiLh.png

Shanan

H2GqIr9.png

Manfroy

ExsU3hh.png

Chagall and Eldigan

gCScEyE.png

King Azmure

OWXzKlU.png

Prince Kurth, Lord Vylon, and Lord Ring

I9XHOVV.png

Lord Reptor and Lord Langobalt

7HMb5Hp.png

Arvis

zwwj75K.png

Oifaye

srTjXNW.png

Weapon Repair Guy

ulgkBIN.png

Pawn Shop Guy

WIhhtDq.png

Anna

MOpvdL8.png

Arena Guy

XBGZHJx.png

Fortune Teller Guy

lby3Aif.png

Item Shop Guy

[spoiler=Prologue]

nqjBKZL.png

Gandolf

t58ZpEH.png

The first boss of Prologue

JtoSbxI.png

The last boss of Prologue

[spoiler=Chapter 3]

7PIylKJ.png

The first boss of Chapter 3

IYtjCjD.png

That pirate who took Lex's Brave Axe

Yz2DtLs.png

The last boss of Chapter 3

I'm not going back for Chapter 1 or 2 portraits, or the dragon boss that supports Chagall, but I'm sure I'll see their portraits again sometime. The guy who drops the Barrier Ring had Conomore's portrait from Thracia 776.

There are Lloyd and Linus as enemies too!!

did bananas create the updated portraits hack? because i've seen a lot of those in other genealogy hacks. some hacks like tordo and neir have been out for years, and the sigurd sprite was in there. and that is just one instance

Edited by Sparks