Morgan V Kana

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kanna is Morgan stripped of everything that made them likeable in the first place; it's like the writers only focused on making Kanna more kawaii than Morgan and ignored everything else.

Oh man, this is a hard question...

I like both F!Morgan and F!Kana (and dislike the male variants, but that may just be because I enjoy the female counterparts much more). However, I have not really played enough to unlock F!Kana's supports, but I hear that her supports may be lacking in comparison to F!Morgan's supports (I enjoyed F!Morgan and Inigo a bit too much). However, if I were to go off solely on the Parent / Child convo, Morgan wins. (A ring for Kana versus Morgan becoming a tactician.)

Unit wise, both are still OP. I find Kana to be better suited for Physical while Morgan for Magic, and Kana has a bit more in the animation department because of Dragon Fang and the Noble classes. Of course, there is also the consideration of differing game mechanics from Awakening to Fates (Pair-Up to the Stance System), but Kana probably has Morgan beat in terms of being a unit with the different skills and options available.

I find Kana to be adorable to the Avatar, but I think Morgan is a better character all round. It does help that I know more about Morgan than Kana, so this opinion may change, but like I said before, I've read that Kana's supports seem to be lacking (especially "S" Ranks).

I guess my final verdict is F!Morgan. She kicks ***, is still adorable with her traits, and perhaps is a more fleshed out character than F!Kana who seems to solely revolve around Corrin. Also, Morgan's bloodline is cooler than Kana's, even if Kana can transform into a Dragon.

Overall, I like Morgan better. Better character, better personality, better unit and male Morgan's voice doesn't make me want to hate my own child. While Kana is definitely no slacker, Morgan has more class options, plus I don't feel obligated to keep Morgan in one class branch since Kana's personal leaves them wanting to stick with the Hoshido and Nohr Noble classes. Though design-wise, I like Kana better.

Which child do you prefer? I like Morgan cause she is awesome.

Well, your pitting the main children from each Avatar against each other but they are both different more than similar, although that can be arguable.

Both love their parents and are inspired by them to become just as powerful and wise as their parents (Kana and Morgan) but both can get lonesome (prologue only but Kana [female especially] takes this part more), both also have their main parent's classes available for them via inheritance. This is as much of a similarity we can get.

Contrast, Morgan is a lot more carefree and silly. They idolize their parents (Robin) to the point they're willing to become the servants of Grima (Future Past) just to be with their parents. Additionally they have no one to prevent them from falling into that event meaning that you might defeat/kill them without realizing it. They are also much more conflicted due to not remembering much of their other parent and any of their siblings (if they have any). They also don't go berserk in their paralogue (meaning you can recruit and use them in their chapter). Morgan also has the free ability to reclass into all non-special classes (Lord/Great Lord, Conqueror and Dancer as well as gender-locked classes they can't access).

Kana is a bit less carefree and tends to be a bit smarter sometimes (not always). Likewise they love and desire to be as good of a person as their parents (Corrin), although the death of their parents (Corrin) in the ruined timeline (Memories of Foam) causes them to be on the verge of giving up all hope until the other children promptly snap them out of it (props to Forrest for being the best 'Get a hold of yourself mate' companion). Kana's reclass potential is locked to her main parents class options (including talent class) and their A+ and S-Support partners primary classes (or secondary if primary is the same as their talent class). Unlike Morgan, Kana already starts with a weakness, anti-Dragon weaponry.

Now outside of classes and stats that I can see:

We have [silly and more carefree] Morgan and [Cute and handicapped badass] Kana.

Overall: I would go with Morgan if I wanted to just go for the purpose of gameplay (Morgan being the most gamebreaking FE unit one could have). I am closer to Kana when it comes down to how they behave and how much better they are to remaining true to their respective parent's mission (Corrin's mission to create a 'perfect' peace in the world).

Morgan. They just looked better, were a bit more entertaining in their personality, and they didn't have voice breaks (although that's just MKana, but it's still annoying).

Morgan, if Tiki is her mother, cause Divine-Fell Dragon hybrid. Otherwise Kana, because Manakete bias.

if you're going to say Manakete bias, isn't it Morgan? the one explicitly a Manakete vs a dragonstone user that's similar to a manakete

Unit wise, both are still OP. I find Kana to be better suited for Physical while Morgan for Magic, and Kana has a bit more in the animation department because of Dragon Fang and the Noble classes. Of course, there is also the consideration of differing game mechanics from Awakening to Fates (Pair-Up to the Stance System), but Kana probably has Morgan beat in terms of being a unit with the different skills and options available.

Lol, people tend to say Kana is underwhelming instead. from experience (myself and a friend), Kana didn't come out great either and based on the numbers, her growths aren't too stellar either. how does Kana have Morgan beat in terms of skills/options when Morgan has access to every class at once? minus gender but that's not much of an issue

Kanna is Morgan stripped of everything that made them likeable in the first place; it's like the writers only focused on making Kanna more kawaii than Morgan and ignored everything else.

That does seem to be my take on it. With Kana the writers made a lot of effort to make them very cute characters. The Morgan were undeniable cute but it wasn't so forced, it felt natural because of how cheery and downright weird they could be.

Oh my gosh Thane and I completely 100% agree on something.

Morgan has actual character while Kana is "simply a girl/boy who loved their father/mother" (to directly quote from their solo epilogue).

Oh my gosh Thane and I completely 100% agree on something.

I feel like that happens more often than you make it out to be!

The sooner people realize I'm right about everything (or at the very least video game stories), the sooner I can ascend to video game godhood.

Putting a prepubescent kid in an army is pretty bad in my book, and so is Kana. Morgan at least was mature enough not cry spontaneously.

Design-wise, M!Kana looks normal enough, and his messy hair is more realistic than the perfectly styled haircuts everyone else has. F!Kana on the other hand has grandma hair and giant dinner plate eyes that make it difficult for me to take her seriously.

So my ranking:

F!Morgan (For being hilarious)

>

M!Morgan (For GAME OVER!)

>

M!Kana (For being the more tolerable twerp)

>

F!Kana (Because putting a little kid in a metal bikini and sending her off to war is always a bad idea)

I dislike bothe of them. If anything, I prefer Morgan because it's less cringeworthy.

This, both Morgan and Kana annoy the hell out of me because they're pure avatar worship, but Morgan is the lesser of two evils.

if you're going to say Manakete bias, isn't it Morgan? the one explicitly a Manakete vs a dragonstone user that's similar to a manakete

Normally I would agree here, but Kana and Corrin both completely fit the definition of manakete even tho they are never directly stated to be one. iirc, they use dragonstones to control their dragon forms for the EXACT same reason manaketes do, ie to avoid going insane So as far I'm concerned, Kana's a manakete, and wins when compared unless Morgan has a manakete mom. Keep in mind that Ninian and Nils are never stated to be manaketes either, despite the general consensus that they are

Edited by MCProductions

I feel like that happens more often than you make it out to be!

The sooner people realize I'm right about everything (or at the very least video game stories), the sooner I can ascend to video game godhood.

Time to not agree with Thane on everything to prevent Godhood and probably a final boss fight. I haven't grinded enough.

i agree with thane though morgan was better then kana, even if mkana's hair cut reminds me of kiritsugu some reason...

I like them both as characters, I have only used Male ones though so I have no idea on the female ones. Morgan for me ends up being the better unit so I like him better most of the time, but I have a fondness for cute little boys so I like Kana even though he is not as good of a unit as Morgan and not as well written.

Time to not agree with Thane on everything to prevent Godhood and probably a final boss fight. I haven't grinded enough.

i agree with thane though morgan was better then kana, even if mkana's hair cut reminds me of kiritsugu some reason...

You fool! You've given me enough power to destroy this pathetic world once and for all! I shall only stop my hand if you can come up with an awesome final boss theme worthy of my newfound godlike powers! A select few of Serenes Forest must then defeat me in single combat - and by single combat I mean a dance off!

You fool! You've given me enough power to destroy this pathetic world once and for all! I shall only stop my hand if you can come up with an awesome final boss theme worthy of my newfound godlike powers! A select few of Serenes Forest must then defeat me in single combat - and by single combat I mean a dance off!

Or ban button. :P:

---

I don't really care for either of them. Morgan's amnesia would be pretty insulting if I had a kid (since I'm a strong proponent of both parents raising their kids), and Kana's kinda boring (yes, filial piety and all, but didn't I teach you to expand your hobbies?). Gotta respect Seliph both for fighting his way up and for being adorable, and Roy for having to endure FE6 throne bonuses.

Still, best kid is Amy from RD.

Or ban button. :P:

---

I don't really care for either of them. Morgan's amnesia would be pretty insulting if I had a kid (since I'm a strong proponent of both parents raising their kids), and Kana's kinda boring (yes, filial piety and all, but didn't I teach you to expand your hobbies?). Gotta respect Seliph both for fighting his way up and for being adorable, and Roy for having to endure FE6 throne bonuses.

Still, best kid is Amy from RD.

Oh, you mean that little girl that is apparently a Branded? I forgot she even existed until just now, honestly.

I'm just kidding. She really is the best child, with her cute little pigtails and how tiny she is. I love that kid.

Edited by SaiSymbolic