If there is an Emblem Warriors

Jedi

I understand that Omega Force has the talent to create a variety of movesets, hell if Agitha can be a warrior anybody can. However the problem is that when you have Marth, Alm, Sigurd, Seliph, Eirika, Ike, Chrom, and Lucina together in one game it becomes Blue Haired Sword Fighter: The Game, and perception like that would nuke any interest the casual fan may have. Add in the main villains like Gharnef, Judah, Julius, Beld, Nergal, Lyon, and Validar and now you have Blue Haired Sword Fighter vs. Evil Wizard The Game.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that Omega Force has the talent to create a variety of movesets, hell if Agitha can be a warrior anybody can. However the problem is that when you have Marth, Alm, Sigurd, Seliph, Eirika, Ike, Chrom, and Lucina together in one game it becomes Blue Haired Sword Fighter: The Game, and perception like that would nuke any interest the casual fan may have. Add in the main villains like Gharnef, Judah, Julius, Beld, Nergal, Lyon, and Validar and now you have Blue Haired Sword Fighter vs. Evil Wizard The Game.

I suppose, but at the same time, how do you have someone from a certain FE and not have the main star of that game? That sounds a bit silly to me, but maybe I'm just dumb

Edited by Jedi

Honestly I don't think people would care if they chose reasonably, and in doing so, it would be referencing back to the series beginnings anyway.

I don’t consider Marth to be the protagonist either, except in the sense that if he dies, it’s game over. It’s totally fine to see the story as revolving around the particular characters that you’re partial to.

I just like to cover my bases, I can get a little silly sometimes!

Your avatar reminds me, Hardin would be cool to have in something like this, but would it be his heroic or tragic self?

Edited by Jedi

Your avatar reminds me, Hardin would be cool to have in something like this, but would it be his heroic or tragic self?

Depends on the presence of Camus, since Hardin inherited Gradivus. Both of them would probably be similiar in playstyle (well, unless they horse-lock one of them), and I feel like would end up being the powerhouse-lancer to contrast Ephraim's finesse.

Edited by The DanMan

For the sake of gameplay, I would probably go with Emperor form for the slower and harder hitting moveset. I would however include an alternate costume based on hero Hardin.

I'd really like some sort of Warriors x Fire Emblem crossover soon.

Though, on the topic of lords being mostly sword users, isn't that going to be the same problem with picking the main villains? They're basically your typical dark magic user. Unless they make a new unique character like they did in Hyrule Warriors.

Not really actually. The villains come in more flavors then the heroes.

Some of them are dark magic users but others are heavily armored. Zephiel, the Black Knight, Ashnard and Hardin are all heavily armored units but its easier to give them variety. Zephiel's battle sprite and weapon are already very unique, Ashnard's sword is huge and he rides a dragon and Hardin may or may not ride a horse, and also has his darksphere.

The dark mages are Gharnef, Jullius, Nergal and Lyon and they can be differentiated too. Lyon and Jullius could borrow the attacks from or briefly summon Fomotiis and Loptyr. Nergal and Gharnef moves may differ from how Dark magic itself differs between the games.

Alvis is an armored mage which is sure to make him more unique battle wise and Grima can be a reskin of Robin who fights with tomes and swords.

Their ages differ more then the heroes as well. Lyon and Jullius are teenagers, Alvis and Hardin middle aged, Grima a young adult looking character and Nergal is an old man.

i'd say roy or micaiah could give robin a run for his money, i'd also love to see the character interactions between them.

Marth: We're faced with a force far greater than our own. Tacticians! Give me your best idea on the count of three. 1, 2, 3!

Micaiah and Robin: Mass immolation!

Micaiah: ...Did we just become best friends?

Robin: Yepp!

Sigurd: You people disgust me.

Not really actually. The villains come in more flavors then the heroes.

Some of them are dark magic users but others are heavily armored. Zephiel, the Black Knight, Ashnard and Hardin are all heavily armored units but its easier to give them variety. Zephiel's battle sprite and weapon are already very unique, Ashnard's sword is huge and he rides a dragon and Hardin may or may not ride a horse, and also has his darksphere.

The dark mages are Gharnef, Jullius, Nergal and Lyon and they can be differentiated too. Lyon and Jullius could borrow the attacks from or briefly summon Fomotiis and Loptyr. Nergal and Gharnef moves may differ from how Dark magic itself differs between the games.

Alvis is an armored mage which is sure to make him more unique battle wise and Grima can be a reskin of Robin who fights with tomes and swords.

Their ages differ more then the heroes as well. Lyon and Jullius are teenagers, Alvis and Hardin middle aged, Grima a young adult looking character and Nergal is an old man.

I was personally thinking Arvis (that's what Awakening used and I can't take "Alvis" seriously because there's a Xenoblade character of the same name that's nothing like him) would actually lean towards being more of a fire mage, since Valflame is his signature weapon and all. It would also even further subvert the Sorceror glut.

I was personally thinking Arvis (that's what Awakening used and I can't take "Alvis" seriously because there's a Xenoblade character of the same name that's nothing like him) would actually lean towards being more of a fire mage, since Valflame is his signature weapon and all. It would also even further subvert the Sorceror glut.

Sigurd cries in Jugdralian.

Marth: We're faced with a force far greater than our own. Tacticians! Give me your best idea on the count of three. 1, 2, 3!

Micaiah and Robin: Mass immolation!

Micaiah: ...Did we just become best friends?

Robin: Yepp!

Sigurd: You people disgust me.

To be fair, in both of their situations they were facing a vastly superior force.

Then again, considering how Warriors games have flanderized their casts over time, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.

To be fair, in both of their situations they were facing a vastly superior force.

Then again, considering how Warriors games have flanderized their casts over time, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.

You could even say the entire Wu kingdoms strategy is about setting things on fire.

Eh, Nobunaga's habit of setting people on fire is a large reason for why he is so infamous and they didn't exaggerate that either. Well, at least not in the games I've played. So far I've never seen anything set ablaze while he was around, outside of the Honnō-ji scenario.

Edited by BrightBow

You could even say the entire Wu kingdoms strategy is about setting things on fire.

I was thinking more along the lines of "For the restoration of the Han!" becoming "For a kingdom ruled by BENEVOLENCE!"

Edited by The DanMan

CHARACTERS

Marth

Caeda

Tiki (Young/Old)

Camus

Minerva

Bord

Merric

Navarre

Hardin (DLC)

Gharnef

Alm

Celica

Sigurd

Levin

Seliph

Deirdre

Leif

Finn

Nanna (DLC)

Alvis

Jake

Roy

Lillina

Wolt

Lyndis

Eliwood

Hector

Jaffar

Eirika

Ephraim

Lyon

Ike

Mist

Soren

Elincia

Micaiah

Sothe

Tibarn

Ranulf

Sephiran (DLC)

Black Knight

Anna

Chrom/Lucina

Robin (F/M)

Panne

Corrin (F/M)

Azura

Owain-Odin

Inigo-Laslow (DLC)

Ryoma

Marx

Walhart

I would like to see a Fire Emblem: Warriors Edition, but with the current setup of 14 games, that means there "technically" needs to have at least 28 characters total (one hero, one villain), from each game.

However, if we are to look at Hyrule Warriors for inspiration, Hyrule Warriors did limit the number of game it used upon launch. (The "core" cast, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword, with Toon Link being a focus of expansion in the "Legends" port.) Other characters were slowly added in as DLC (mostly from the Hero side, because the Zelda series more or less has the same antagonist repeatedly from what little I know of the franchise.) Also, remember the original characters created for Hyrule Warriors!

Looking again at the core Warriors series (from my experience, mostly Samurai Warriors, starting from Chronicles and 3), some characters did start off as "generic" or "named" officers, using the generic moveset before they were further developed into their own characters. If Emblem Warriors did become a series, I can see this method being used. (For the most part, friendly officers may get a name that indicates that they come from a certain game, but retain generic dialogues and movesets.)

There is also the issue that Fire Emblem has an immense amount of characters and more story than a Legend of Zelda adaption, so it will be interesting on how the massive cast will be incorporated and how the story would play out. Also, considering the amount of "main sword users" and "villain mages", one wonders how they will be different from one another.

So, with this is mind, what games are likely to get the most representation?

1: Dark Dragon and Sword of Light, Mystery of the Emblem // Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem

- Marth's games, and being practically the first Fire Emblem game, it is almost a no-brainer to include his games in the list. Luckily, while this seems like a lot of games, it essentially boils down to just two because of the remakes.

2: Binding Blade, Blazing Sword

- "Roy's our Boy"! Roy representation, perhaps to draw in players who play Smash Brothers. Also, Elibe has two games, so expanding on that would be nice.

3: Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn

- Ike representation, also drawing in players from Smash.

4: Awakening

- The game that revitalized the series. Also, Smash Brothers for Lucina and Robin. Also, it shares ties with Marth's universe.

5: Fates

- The newest installment of Fire Emblem. Smashing in is Corrin!

"8" (10 including originals) games, 5 universes. That is a tall order from "3" case of Hyrule Warriors. If they were to cut it down to 3, I would bet the remakes of the original alongside Awakening and Fates. (Look at Hyrule Warriors. It had the core cast, a classic in Ocarina of Time, and two new games of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword). However, since Fire Emblem has no "core cast", I would guess they may choose between the Elibe games for Roy or the Radiance games for Ike, or alternatively just use newly created characters made for Emblem Warriors instead (Examples: Lana, Cia, etc.).

What games may not make the initial cut?

1: Sacred Stones

- I loved Sacred Stones, but it is a standalone game from the GBA Era. While it did release outside of Japan, it is still relatively obscure compared to the other titles.

2: Gaiden

- I don't know much about Gaiden outside of the DLC from Awakening. Mycen from was Gaiden, right? Mycen seemed cool.

3: Geneology of the Holy War, Thracia 776

- I believe these games are related, and while they may be good games in their own right, the lack of a Western release hurts their chances.
And now for characters. Spoiler Tagged to save space.
[spoiler=Characters]
- Marth (The original Fire Emblem Lord.)

- Tiki (It's Tiki, the Divine Dragon. I suspect her younger form will be playable first, with her adult self being DLC.)

- Gharnef (The original Villain.)

- Medeus (The "true final boss", likely staged as a special encounter.)

- Roy (The hero from Binding Blade)

- Zephiel (The villain from Binding Blade)

- Lyn (A heroine from Blazing Sword)

- Eliwood (A hero and father to Roy.)

- Hector (A lord and main character of Blazing Sword. [i want to see who would win, Hector or Ike? No weapon triangle either!])

- Nergal (The main villian of Blazing Sword)

- Sonia (Leader of the Morphs, under Negal's command.)

- Fire Dragon (A dragon boss. May be replaced by a generic "Dragon Boss" template.)

- Ike (We love Ike! We like Ike! Ike kicks butt! Hooray for Ike!)

- Elincia (A lady of Crimea. Whether she is a Princess or Queen here is uncertain.)

- Micaiah (Look, a light mage! She will shine in the darkness, right?)

- Black Knight (He has to be the Lu Bu of Emblem Warriors. Super OP!)

- Ashnard (The main villain of Path of Radiance)

- Ashera (Probably made into an OP "mage" character.)

- Chrom (He gets his day in Emblem Warriors! To arms!)

- Lucina (Chrom's daughter seeking to change fate in Awakening.)

- Robin (The tactician. The gender can be chosen by the player.)

- Gangrel (Main villian from the first arc, acts as Chrom's rival.)

- Validar (Main villian for the overall arc, acts as Lucina's rival.)

- Grima (Grima's a stage, mate. Oh, unless you count *censored*.)

- Corrin (Like Robin, the player can choose the gender.)

- Azura (Seriously folks, take out Corrin and you practically have Azura running around doing everything.)

- Garon (Guess who?)

- Mikoto (There needs to be some sort of Hoshido representation, and using the siblings without all of them seems weird, so...)

- Anakos (Yeah, another Dragon type. Woo.)

- Anna (Come on, it's Anna! Make your own Annas in the Officer Customizer, and Anna shall take over the world! Or, of course, have her as some unique character too.)

Total Count: 30 Characters || I have a feeling that this number will be cut down, or expanded due to original "Emblem Warrior Characters" getting in.

Other Possibilities

- Caeda (Marth's love interest. Will likely be a generic for the first installment.)

- Hardin (Likely in the Emperor incarnation. Will likely be a generic General for the first installment.)

- Katarina (A special character introduced in New Mystery, is actually an assassin. Her storyline is different from the original and can be cut.)

- Eremiya (A special character introduced in New Mystery, is leader of the assassins. She serves as a villain for Katarina.)

Note on Kris: Kris is not an character due to his mostly blank slate, and can easily be substituted by a custom made Officer. This also applies to the Fire Emblem 7 Tactician.

- Guinevere (Sister to Zephiel, and a magic user)

... and I can't be bothered looking up more characters as I have not really played the games or find the effort lacking to write em down.

... And I'm a bit tired of writing walls of text.

Long story short, I would love to see an Emblem Warriors game. I just wonder how they will actually incorporate the massive amount of characters and games involved into a singular game. I can see promoted classes being a baseline for "officers", with player characters getting some special moves and attribute changes to make them different from others. Unpromoted classes will likely serve as the generic enemies one cuts down en mass in warrior games.

All we can do is wait and see at this rate, and theorize.

CHARACTERS

Marth

Caeda

Tiki (Young/Old)

Camus

Minerva

Bord

Merric

Navarre

Hardin (DLC)

Gharnef

Alm

Celica

Sigurd

Levin

Seliph

Deirdre

Leif

Finn

Nanna (DLC)

Alvis

Jake

Roy

Lillina

Wolt

Lyndis

Eliwood

Hector

Jaffar

Eirika

Ephraim

Lyon

Ike

Mist

Soren

Elincia

Micaiah

Sothe

Tibarn

Ranulf

Sephiran (DLC)

Black Knight

Anna

Chrom/Lucina

Robin (F/M)

Panne

Corrin (F/M)

Azura

Owain-Odin

Inigo-Laslow (DLC)

Ryoma

Marx

Walhart

Guys if you're going to use names... pick localized or Japanese.

Marx and Laslow in the same set annoy the ever living hell out of me.

mobile internet screwed up the rest of my post. I'm sure you have something constructive to say but I'll get to it after I get home.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I think if they were going to choose additional characters outside of the protagonists/villains, they shouldn't leave it up to a popularity poll. Those can get notoriously skewed and probably wouldn't be a good representation of all the classes and mechanics Fire Emblem is known for.

So, with this is mind, what games are likely to get the most representation?

1: Dark Dragon and Sword of Light, Mystery of the Emblem // Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem

- Marth's games, and being practically the first Fire Emblem game, it is almost a no-brainer to include his games in the list. Luckily, while this seems like a lot of games, it essentially boils down to just two because of the remakes.

2: Binding Blade, Blazing Sword

- "Roy's our Boy"! Roy representation, perhaps to draw in players who play Smash Brothers. Also, Elibe has two games, so expanding on that would be nice.

3: Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn

- Ike representation, also drawing in players from Smash.

4: Awakening

- The game that revitalized the series. Also, Smash Brothers for Lucina and Robin. Also, it shares ties with Marth's universe.

5: Fates

- The newest installment of Fire Emblem. Smashing in is Corrin!

So it's basically an exact copy of Smash representation? Not that I disagree with your prediction but...

I think if they were going to choose additional characters outside of the protagonists/villains, they shouldn't leave it up to a popularity poll. Those can get notoriously skewed and probably wouldn't be a good representation of all the classes and mechanics Fire Emblem is known for.

I doubt we could please everyone regardless how characters are picked, I just would fear if they didn't do a poll, IS would mandate like tons of Fates and Awakening characters and have almost none from the other games at all.

Popularity polls as I said, have worked pretty well for the later Dynasty Warriors games, with people voting their favorite characters from History/The Novelization Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

But who knows, because this would be new afterall, it would be an odd start regardless how its done I think.

Edited by Jedi

I'd say if something like this were to happen, they'd probably start out with just the lords and maybe a few other story significant characters like Caeda and Lewyn. And villains too, obviously.