Serenes Brain Teasers, DAY 14

Hello everyone, Today I will be starting a thread filled with brainteasers and your job will be to solve them

I'll give the answers the day after

if you are intrested in where I got some of these I found some of them in a game called mindtrap, but the game has been out of print for 5 years now

I plan on doing this daily to keep you all thinking and for me to practice typing skills

please keep your answeres in spoilers to allow others to figure it out on their own

and explain your logic behind it

remember to keep your answers in spoilers

Edited by Captain Karnage

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reserved for Q's and A's

DAY 1

Anna opened her own clothing store called "The Wrap". She wasn't sure about pricing certain items so she devised her own methood. At 'The Wrap', a vest cost $20, socks cost $25, a tie costs $15, and a blouse costs $30. Using Anna's pricing scheme how much would a pair of underwear cost?

$45 $5 for each letter

DAY 2

Eclipse arrived at the hospital to find that Sam, who had been in a coma, died moments ago while under police custody. Officer Slack, who was assigned to guard the door, swore that no one had entered the room since a nurse last checked on him some 2 hours earlier. Aside from an autopsy, Eclipse ordered that the hospital room be combed for clues. The only unusal thing found was a waste can containing crumpled pieces of paper, a toung depressor, a half eaten apple, and an empty cigarette pack. Other than that everything seemed normal. After the search, Eclipse suggested to Offecer Slack that he was lying, and that someone had indeed been in the room in the last half hour. What caused Eclipse to draw such a conclusion?

it was the apple, apples rot very quickly aka most of you were right

DAY 3

Specta and other avid mountain climbers paid a lot of money to be the first to scale a mountain. After several days of climbing they finally reached the pinnacle, and to their dismay, found a cabin and three frozen bodies. Since Specta and her fellow climbers were the first people to ever climb the summit, how could this be possible?

It was an airplane cabin that crashed on the mountain

DAY 4

In Okmulgee, Oklahoma, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg, Why not?

you need a camera to take a picture of anything

DAY 5

Integrity and Specta waged a bet on who could stay underwater the longest without the aid of any breathing apparatus. Specta jumped in the pool and managed to stay under for one minute. Integrity knew he could never beat Specta's time using her method, but Integrity won by staying under for two minutes using an old trick.

What did Integrity do?

he put a cup of water on his head

DAY 6

Chen and Elieson are exploring in some random cave, and while exploring in the cave Chen discovers a frozen body in a block of ice that can be seen through clearly. Elieson knows that the person frozen in the block of ice is undeniably Adam form the Bible story Adam & Eve. How does Elieson know that the body in question is Adam?

no belly button

DAY 7

Integrity is in prison and is planning his escape. The cell he is in is measures 3 meters by 3 meters by 3 meters. The walls are made of reinforced concrete and they extend 2 meters below the dirt floor. the only openings in the cell are a locked door and a skylight 1 meter in diameter. Integrity thinks he has found a way to escape se he begins by digging a tunnel. He knows that he can't tunnel himself out, but digging a tunnel is crutial to the plan. How does Integrity plan to escape?

note: Integrity's ability to defy the laws of the universe can not be factored in

he used the dirt to climb to the roof

DAY 8

Chen a famous magician, was carrying three pieces of gold each weighing 1 kilogram. While strolling through the forrest she came to a bridge which posted a sign saying that the bridge could hold a maximim of 80 kilograms. Chen weighs 78 kilograms, and the gold pieces weigh 3. Chen, however, read the sign and safely managed to cross the bridge with all of the gold. How did she manage?

she juggled them across

Edited by Captain Karnage

$45, as each letter of the name gives it $5 (three-letter tie is $15, five-letter socks is $25, etc), so nine-letter underwear is 45.

I know it's for the sake of the problem but... what a ridiculous pricing standard. XD

[spoiler=Guess and reasoning]Each letter costs five dollars, so I guess underwear would be $45, but pair of underwear would be $75.
If you just want a bra, you could save money and pay $15. Panties cost a bit more at $35. Boxers are $30. Briefs are also $30.

i love brain teasers and riddles thank u for making this thread

Underwear would be fuckin expensive and cost $45

if she's doing $5 per letter in the name

$45

$5 for each letter in the item

that's some very fucking expensive underwear

[spoiler=reply to spoiler]But just think of the money you save on bras!

Also, buy in bulk, underwear is $45, but eighty pairs of underwear is $110.

looks like she's pricing based off the amount of letters in the word multiplied by 5! Underwear would then be priced $45 unless I really suck at counting/math but I triple checked so I think I'm gud

nothing; anna neither wears nor believes in selling underwear

I'm curious how you stumbled across this information.

Anna opened her own clothing store called "The Wrap". She wasn't sure about pricing certain items so she devised her own methood. At 'The Wrap', a vest cost $20, socks cost $25, a tie costs $15, and a blouse costs $30. Using Anna's pricing scheme how much would a pair of underwear cost?

$45

$5 a letter

Edited by Balcerzak

DAY 2

Eclipse arrived at the hospital to find that Sam, who had been in a coma, died moments ago while under police custody. Officer Slack, who was assigned to guard the door, swore that no one had entered the room since a nurse last checked on him some 2 hours earlier. Aside from an autopsy, Eclipse ordered that the hospital room be combed for clues. The only unusal thing found was a waste can containing crumpled pieces of paper, a toung depressor, a half eaten apple, and an empty cigarette pack. Other than that everything seemed normal. After the search, Eclipse suggested to Offecer Slack that he was lying, and that someone had indeed been in the room in the last half hour. What caused Eclipse to draw such a conclusion?

[spoiler=Guess and reasoning]Depending on the condition of the half eaten apple, if the fleshy part has not yet turned brown, that could lead one to believe it was freshly thrown away.

And ninjad, I hate trying to type on a phone.

Edited by Rezzy

DAY 2

The half-eaten apple. Sam was in a coma and couldn't have eaten it, and if the apple had been there longer than the time-frame specified, it would've turned brown and all that.

Multiple clues, but the apple is the important one. Apples turn quickly after the skin is broken.

Others include the cigarettes... You can't smoke in a hospital, the officer would know this and would uphold the law, so someone other than an officer would have to have been there. Or, the officer left for a smoke break, and the pack suggests that. Not conclusive, but the nurse would definitely have some questions about it.

Edited by Makaze

a man in a coma ain't gonna be smoking and throwing cigarettes away man

or, throwing anything away, really

Edited by Specta

Multiple clues, but the apple is the important one. Apples turn quickly after the skin is broken.

Others include the cigarettes... You can't smoke in a hospital, the officer would know this and would uphold the law, so someone other than an officer would have to have been there. Or, the officer left for a smoke break, and the pack suggests that. Not conclusive, but the nurse would definitely have some questions about it.

a man in a coma ain't gonna be smoking and throwing cigarettes away man

or, throwing anything away, really

[spoiler=Comment about spoiler]The cigarette pack was empty, so somebody could have thrown them away after stepping outside for a smoke, and we don't know how long it's been since the garbage has been emptied.

First hand experience from working in a hospital here, patients or their visitors are often caught smoking in rooms, even though it's against the rules, so if that was their last cig, they may have thrown the pack away at any time since the trash was last emptied.