PMU  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who should I NOT bring to Test 10, which is a FOW Map. Pick at least 5.

• Denning
    • THE BOULDER
    • Echidna
    • McCartney
    • Tethys
    • Bronze
    • Glen
    • Ross
    • Tana
    • Cormag
    • Natalie
    • Novala
    • Ai-ke

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right, let's be done with Test 8 in...

Test 8 conclusion:

Rs4pGbH.png

Here's a text skip I managed to screenshot!

cgTTSz5.png

Here's the rest of the line.

HBMBefC.png

Not even gonna call yourself The Beast? Okay then.

bypHxmZ.png

Never mind.

WbCzvYY.png

If there all dead, then they wouldn't be able to ask themselves anything in the first place.

Batta: Shouldn't you stop

QbgbgGB.png

I think it'd actually be interesting if there was a FE chapter where the enemies started to retreat after you've killed enough of them.

FA1fCxl.png

And then Echidna pipes up.

i1zw91o.png

"Remnant troops" is pretty awkward sounding. I'd have used "stragglers" myself.

DDFQ3Qa.png

That's actually a rather poor interrogation method in practice. If anything, threaten to torture their families/loved ones.

Batta: Eh...

Echidna: You know, they were real creepy. They were all chanting

SIaTjPn.png

I'm so sick of the cake references at this point that if someone were to offer me actual cake irl I would refuse it.

Ip7j2nI.png

Typo! Also, the only phantom I found even remotely threatening was the one who managed to attack Tana because I didn't realize they were unhindered by terrain.

Natalie: They must really like cake...

sEgDLBz.png

Yeah, who even care? I certainly don't.

Echidna: ...eww.

Batta: Agh.

y7Xs7kl.png

And here comes the MFV herself! I think this is a lead in to the next map.

The CG of Eli saving Ninian flashes briefly, but it wasn't up long enough for me to screen shot it in time.

1doMzcY.png

I always saw Ninian's hair as being more of a light teal color myself.

BkeRtcC.png

Seriously, Aitos. Referencing memes is one thing, but referencing the same meme over and over and over is just fucking annoying.

Batta: ...!

30Qf2VH.png

Is Batta finally figuring it all out? He better be, because I'm still just as clueless as I was when I first started this LP.

qxhjfpc.png

Echidna can also hear MFV, I guess.

Si8hKZH.png

And I guess Natalie can now too?

MFV: An[sic] yes,

PkYD2ka.png

An yes?

oNWrq35.png

It's not really that funny. In fact, hearing Batta complain about the voice has gotten to be almost as annoying as MFV herself at this point.

r49VKLs.png

I'm not. I smirked a bit at anime magic, and that's the closest I've gotten to actually laughing this chapter.

Batta: Don't.

JzobEg0.png

Unfortunately Batta, we don't get to kill MFV at any point in this hack, at least in its current state. I'd imagine she was meant to be the final or semifinal boss tho.

0KInm62.png

Wait, is she seriously gonna tell us?

s0aSHm7.png

GROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

6dNA3Lv.png

But do you mean GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT?

NNM9PQN.png

Mercifully, a scene transition spares us from having to actually listen to her lesson.

MFV: You can't be serious. ...

mYhr3Kw.png

And Batta is startled awake. I'll admit, watching his portrait bounce and his eyes shoot open was mildly amusing. Only mildly, though.

YNgvjNx.png

Why is there so much empty space in this text box?

P.S. Fun fact about me: Blank Space is my favorite Taylor Swift song. And yes, I like Taylor Swift. I have very varied music tastes. I definitely prefer her pop stuff to her country stuff, though.

q09I0fD.png

Seriously, why is this text box so big?

RcPOGeI.png

I guess this line is why. And Batta, it's incredibly demeaning to refer to women as "whores". Unless she's literally a whore, and maybe not even then, you probably shouldn't call her one.

qUFnG1j.png

Sure, let's go with that.

After this I accidentally pressed B and skipped the rest of the scene, but I didn't want to miss any dialogue so I reset and had to rewatch the scene up to where I was. The things I go through for this LP...

v08ZH4T.png

I used the B button to skip to this part of the scene, so I only had to rego through a handful of dialogue lines, thankfully.

K1gue95.png

I'm more curious about what exactly she is.

kazGZ9H.png

Figures she'd give us a vague non-answer.

MFV: Always.

tVaUCTy.png

I'm now imaging MFV as being Tharja. But that's not really fair to Tharja to compare her to such an abomination as MFV. Tharja was at least entertaining.

8PZCy6C.png

Are you implying that you would if you did need to?

MFV: That's automatically given. And anyway, Batta, haven't you ever wondered what

pW7Qm93.png

Isn't it a storage cube?

MFV: I mean, seriously now.

AszryCr.png

If I had a nickel for every time Batta said "Huh?", or "What?", or "Zuh?", or anything else along those lines...

...I'd probably have like at least a dollar.

BBFQHNi.png

And the scene transitions, and now "Reminiscence" is playing. And yes, I've been looking up the titles of most of these songs. Thank god SF has gamerip soundtracks handy.

MFV: Can't you see how loyal

617O2A6.png

All it's really done is hold items, at least I think it has.

UbEe9xe.png

Did it? I'll admit my memory of this hack has gotten kind of hazy due to my long hiatus.

VDpsfAh.png

Now THAT'S strate-*shot*

*gets up* Don't worry guys, I'm fine. Now this is podraci-*shot again*

*gets up again* Okay, I'll stop now.

zXYxbf9.png

No, but to be fair it hasn't really said a word at all. You could actually stand to learn from its example, MFV.

MFV: No, I'm sure.

ru0onDz.png

I suppose that's one way of looking at it.

iBLc5ep.png

MFV: IT loves you.

0UDFrRc.png

Don't you get it Batta? It loves you. It wants to be your waifu. It wants you to lie next to it in bed at night, caressing it, whispering sweet nothings into its... whatever a box uses to hear, I guess.

kH7yz2H.png

She's right. Someone should try and count how many times Batta asks questions in this hack. It feels like at least half his lines are questions.

HnGKZIQ.png

I don't know why I'm even playing this hack, yet here I am.

nPQC7yt.png

Could someone who knows french(or whatever language this is) translate this for me? Is this even proper french? I think it may just be a misspelled c'est la vie.

XPArd9L.png

Tbh, nothing in this hack makes all that much sense.

V4ODLg4.pngbrYEL9o.png

If I'm not mistaken, I believe this is a subtle Taken reference. This one was implemented rather well IMO. It's subtle enough that someone who's been living and a rock and is completely unfamiliar with Taken likely wouldn't realize it's a reference to something, but those who are familiar enough with at least the trailer will see what you did there. Good on you Aitos!

jET9o4q.png

Waiting is boring IMO. Don't you have better things to do with your time?

MFV: I am waiting already.

A5xI50a.png

I wouldn't trust you even if my life depended on it. Okay, I might actually in that situation because my life is very important to me, but still, you don't seem trustworthy in the slightest.

MFV: NOTHING!

9S9QzTA.png

And now you've gotten the Avril Lavigne song stuck in my head.

MFV: Are't[sic] you loving this

BF5oWbV.png

>Implying the GBA has the specs to actually handle non-instrumental music.

oqXbkeX.png

I do. They're mythological creatures who would lure sailors to their doom with their lovely singing voices. Certainly not something I would want to openly compare myself to.

DuERoN7.png

Greek mythology lesson, actually.

MFV: And THAT, I cannot give.

Batta: ...

msaIYwI.png

Batta charges at MFV.

NmsSXNM.png

I'm reminded of the scene in KH2 where Roxas tries attacking DiZ's hologram.

MFV: Thin, lifeless air. And now, begone. The elders are talking.

Batta: Ack!

tujxR5p.png

And Batta is blown offscreen.

MFV: ... So <Poop>, lend me a moment of your time?

VUAxqAg.png

I believe she's basically asking if I want to do the Gaiden or not. I'm gonna savestate in case "Yes" isn't the correct answer.

bpb6dCq.png

And it turns out that was a trick question, and she'll respond like this no matter what option you choose. The actual Yes/No Gaiden prompt is later.

Xb8uigT.png

Ugh, I'm sooooooooooooo bored. This is just boring at this point. I'd honestly prefer "raep" jokes and shit to this boring drivel, at least those are attention grabbing and easy to mock.

W4xBxyf.png

Should be phrased as "They will all be revealed".

MFV: Now,

ukCsEDr.png

NOW do I get to choose whether or not to do the Gaiden?

MFV: Because you're such a good testee.

TitQsLv.png

Probably not.

J4xbPQ1.png

:squeezedtangerine:

*scene transition*

MFV: Think about it. Do you really want to risk

dwjThd9.png

If I didn't, I wouldn't be doing this LP, now would I?

qGVmfWd.png

Its. It's is a contraction. Its is used to show possessiveness.

MFV: Even the Companion Cube itself says you don't follow it's[sic] advice,

xYnqxvT.png

The wise choice would have been to not play this hack at all.

Fe8mMLy.png

And now you're forgetting apostrophes.

EmWgVls.png

MFV: Or boy.

U5VJdIT.png

RblIVKX.png

I'm only screenshotting these because I'm too lazy to transcribe them. I have nothing to say.

NFMtIDL.png

>Implying I haven't already been filled with frustration.

I choose yes, of course.

MFV: Such a daring Test Subject you are,

jQq0f3U.png

Somehow I find that hard to believe.

ZIDB68Q.png

Wat.

MFV: Yes, that's about right. Good luck!

ZDWhgFu.png

Yes, Gaidens now follow the main numbering scheme. I believe Aitos said it was to leave a sense of there being something missing if you skip one or something like that. Anyway, that's it for this update!

Next time, we get a custom map!

Anyway, I'll put up another PMU poll. Test 9 only allows 6 units, including Batta.

-Yeah, it's probably supposed to be "c'est la vie".

-There's actually a LN about a Cube Waifu (I did Watch the anime adaptation, but forgot everything about it.)

And, for the sake of completion, there's also the famous line in the "A Time to screw" dub : "Have you ever tried o f&%§k a box ?".

-Yeah, don't call them whore, call them courtesan. Or better, courtisane, since everything sounds classier in French.

You know, I actually did end up making a black forest cake because of Portal, and it was incredibly delicious. But yeah, the cake jokes are stupid and overdone.

Also, I'd never thought I'd actually be asking for the crude humor to come back, but NOtDOS is just so boring! She's giving me absolutely nothing to work with, because you can only complain about bad characterization so much before it gets stale and nothing she says is worth making fun of most of the time.

NEukImT.png
I can only imagine what anime magic would be like...

You ask, Disgaea delivers:
[spoiler=Anime Magic]

Take THE BOULDER, Ross, the Broken Record, Echidna, and the guitarist.

I never use reaction pics, but I think the only way I can convey my constant laughter at reading all of this is with this:

2771131-2307282_55860__jj_jameson_laughi

This is not mockery, but joy. I find this really cool and fun. And I'm agreeing with a lot of the critcism and cringing at some of the things in my own game. I almost want to dive back in and make it all better, but it's just not that easy anymore.

Anyhow, more replying and stuff.

It's because "very bad, stupid jokes" could be used to describe GameFAQs itself. The GameFAQs FE community in particular was mostly dominated by trolls and fads during the era the Gheb hacks were made in. I couldn't find where GhebSaga originated, but I have a feeling it was in a GameFAQs topic deleted for being off-topic. I did find Aitos's twitter, so I'll see if I can get him to come here and leave some insights into this hack. He hasn't posted in it since December, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, I myself rarely make twitter posts and mostly just lurk. Anyway, expect a new update soon!

I'm glad you contacted me.

look at the date of it all, things were different back in the day. doesnt make them any less wrong, but im sure he was a dumb teenager like the most of us.

also i played ATOM. it was kinda fun but a little buggy.

Trivia: I'm 26 now.

As a frequenter of GameFAQs, it wasn't that different. The GameFAQs community itself is always full of trolls and fad topics, though the level varies from board to board and era to era. I'd say the current SSB4 board community is a lot like the FE community back then, though the FE community is arguably worse now, it's full of waifu topics and/or creepy topics these days.

In fact, the community on GameFAQs itself makes you more likely to troll and spout fads and make fad topics and such. Even I'm guilty of doing it there.

But yeah, having read those topics, I now better understand why GhebFE is what it is.

Context is always interesting. Knowing why a thing is bad doesn't necessarily make it less bad, but makes you hate it less? Something along those lines.

wow, this hack is awful. GhebFE had bad dialogue, but it didn't have insane amounts of it like this hack. also the portal references are not only very grating and unsubtle but they're mostly "THE CAKE WAS A LIE XD" memes

I will continue to apologize for the excessive Portal references.

Do not forget jokes rape in GhebFe.

Yeah. No. Can't forget those.

Hey guys, I drew a fanart in MS Paint!

Fa0Jy55.png
It's Marisa stabbing a bound and gagged MFV to death. We have no idea what MFV looks like yet, so I just made her invisible, and will probably update it if and when we see what she looks like. But this image is very cathartic for me(I even named it Catharsis), because right now I would love for nothing more in the hack than for Marisa to shut the MFV up and murder her. I don't think her murder is brutal enough though, what do you guys think?

Feel free to make and post fanart of your own, even especially if it's poorly drawn MS Paint fanart! I have fanart of Gheb planned too, but I'll wait until we get to his mode to post it.

Masterful.

I drew another, showing how much better Ross is than Batta!

bj0dxcO.png

Brilliant.

as a bi myself, i don't care about the use of the word fag, i know my boyfriend likes it when i call him a faggot.

anyways oh boy Violet Bronze! my favorite character from gheb emblem!.

also i'm suprised Wil and florina aren't the bosses here, seeing how they are recruited here originally.

I'm glad Bronze/Violet is liked. I wanted a playable soldier and really didn't want to make a whole custom anything for him.

Batta's Prf Weapon have theme Blessing of the 8 General I for some reason.

I thought it would be awesome.

The awfulness continues to creep in slowly, remaining just on the edges, waiting for the return of the Lord of Crimes Against Decency so he can ascend his throne and don his crown of suck.

Admittedly I don't remember much about GhebFE because my brain actively purged most of it from my memory, so I don't remember Bronze/Violet/Prism Ranger there. Somehow his strength growth is even worse than Florina's and on par with Binding Blade Marcus, of all units.

At least DDOP was the funny kind of bad, between the awful copy-paste job, terrible palatte swaps, the inept programming and original writing, the time shenanigans, Lilina marrying a corpse, female Sephiroth, and Our Lord and Savior Holy among all of its other magical features. GhebFE and GhebSaga are better programmed, but I'd honestly say that DDOP is better written if only because it's half a copy-paste of FE7's plot, and that the Gheb games are badly designed in their own right.

And screw you for making me defend DDOP, GhebSaga!

I need to look up this DDOP thing.

I can probably add that MFV had less to do with GladOS and more to do with me trying to make a villainess. Obviously it makes too many Portal references to really split one from the other, but that's really the main drive with MFV.

END GAME GHEBSAGA INFO BELOW DO NOT CLICK PLS I BEG OF YOU

We all have a headcanon for every little bit of fiction, yes? I'd suggest not mixing GladOS's robotic voice with MFV's dialgoue. She's... she's really me at that time. MFV is just a geek that had finished playing Portal, really liked it and decided to terrorize a bunch of sprites and hex by shoving in as much Portal references as she could, while trying super hard to be a really evil villainess. Assume that all her dialogue is non-robotic in anyway. Like, you can hear her poor attempt at intimidation in her inflection. But slowly, she gets into it, and slowly starts to deliver what a proper female villain would. Eventually. That's what you would have eventually found out at the end of the game.

QgFEHLo.png

I think we found Gheb dad. It all makes sense now, it's like FF5 except the dad didn't stay with the wife in FE8 he just went back to FE7, deadbeat style. So Gheb grew up with only one parent and she was probably a prostitute, Gheb was so hurt by this and traumatized that he went pansexual and stuff. Batta probably has a similar childhood story. Glass on the other hand grew up being told he was the best ever so now he's got a massive ego going on.

QgFEHLo.png

I think we found Gheb dad. It all makes sense now, it's like FF5 except the dad didn't stay with the wife in FE8 he just went back to FE7, deadbeat style. So Gheb grew up with only one parent and she was probably a prostitute, Gheb was so hurt by this and traumatized that he went pansexual and stuff. Batta probably has a similar childhood story. Glass on the other hand grew up being told he was the best ever so now he's got a massive ego going on.

Somewhere in my notes, Gheb's mother is called Ghebbunta. Her being a prostitute is fairly accurate (entirely accurate).

Edited by FurrYunSeong

My comments. Again, they're in red text.

I never use reaction pics, but I think the only way I can convey my constant laughter at reading all of this is with this:

2771131-2307282_55860__jj_jameson_laughi

This is not mockery, but joy. I find this really cool and fun. And I'm agreeing with a lot of the critcism and cringing at some of the things in my own game. I almost want to dive back in and make it all better, but it's just not that easy anymore.

Nice to see that you're able to laugh at yourself. You definitely seem to be taking criticism better than you did in the GameFAQs topics, which I suppose is something one becomes better able to handle as they mature.

Anyhow, more replying and stuff.

I'm glad you contacted me.
I'm glad I did too. It's nice to get developer commentary like this.

Trivia: I'm 26 now.
Huh, so you'd have been around my age when making these hacks.

Context is always interesting. Knowing why a thing is bad doesn't necessarily make it less bad, but makes you hate it less? Something along those lines.

I suppose. It definitely helps me understand why it is the way it is.

I will continue to apologize for the excessive Portal references.
At least you can recognize that you overdid it.

Yeah. No. Can't forget those.

Masterful.

Brilliant.
Thanks. Glad you liked them.

I'm glad Bronze/Violet is liked. I wanted a playable soldier and really didn't want to make a whole custom anything for him.
Bronze is pretty generic as a character(which I suppose makes sense) but pretty helpful as a unit, but unfortunately his lack of promotion will likely lead to him getting benched.

I thought it would be awesome.
It is pretty neat, I suppose.

I need to look up this DDOP thing.

Here's a good LP of it: http://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-Different-Dimensions-Ostian-Princess/

Moniker also has a good LP of it in his Rolling Request Thread.

I can probably add that MFV had less to do with GladOS and more to do with me trying to make a villainess. Obviously it makes too many Portal references to really split one from the other, but that's really the main drive with MFV.

END GAME GHEBSAGA INFO BELOW DO NOT CLICK PLS I BEG OF YOU

We all have a headcanon for every little bit of fiction, yes? I'd suggest not mixing GladOS's robotic voice with MFV's dialgoue. She's... she's really me at that time. MFV is just a geek that had finished playing Portal, really liked it and decided to terrorize a bunch of sprites and hex by shoving in as much Portal references as she could, while trying super hard to be a really evil villainess. Assume that all her dialogue is non-robotic in anyway. Like, you can hear her poor attempt at intimidation in her inflection. But slowly, she gets into it, and slowly starts to deliver what a proper female villain would. Eventually. That's what you would have eventually found out at the end of the game.

Interesting. Now that you've explained it, it does kind of make sense.

I looked for a link to ATOM and everything is indeed dead. I think it is possibly in an old laptop, but who knows when I'll get around to extracting the old hard drive's data.

Same. But then she kept talking. And talking. And talking. And so on. You get the point. I'd like her much better if she knew what brevity was. And I'll admit, I kind of sympathized with Gleb at the end of GhebFE, but only because he used Binks's portrait, and Binks's portrait is juts so pathetic looking you can't help but feel sorry for him.

Ah yes, I remember that from MarkyJoe's vids. I never got far enough in this map to use it myself, though.

I find interesting that these games put you in such situations.

Hmm, maybe Aitos is the same way. It could also be a bit of an "N Word Privileges" thing.

I should mention that among the screenshots I accidentally deleted was MFV going on this rant about how gays are people too and you should treat them equally, and while I certainly don't disagree with her, it felt a bit odd given it was coming from the villain, but if Aitos wants to use the villain as his vehicle for social commentary, whatever, but he should be aware people could misinterpret the message given it came from the villain and you're not supposed to agree with the villain in most works of fiction.

I just figured that in that world, in that game, that's the way they spoke, and I just went with it all the way.

I know. But drawing them is a nice coping mechanism. Hopefully as the tutorials get shorter I'll get saner. I think this chapter is the last tutorial heavy one though.

Anyway it looks like my laptop will need a new charger soon, so it'll likely be a few days before I update again.

I saw all that tutorial text, and just thought that I had to change EVERYTHING. Out of all the things I intended to change, annoying tutorials just kind of slipped from "not as annoying" to "as annoying as possible", kind of unintentionally.

BIG SCOOP!

I found a picture of MFV :

This is... surprisingly accurate.

>Short Bow

>+1 Might

>+15 Hit

>+10 Crit

>60 Uses

>BRAVE EFFECT

>Only negatives are 1 range and +1 Weight

Geez Aitos, I knew you were bad at actually designing the games, but this is ridiculous.

Also, Bronze is probably going to drop off in usefulness at some point, because there's only so long that Speed growth can make up for 8 base Strength and a Strength growth equal to Binding Blade Marcus, of all units.

Well, all I knew is that I wanted it to at least have the brave effect and work in less range. If I do end up making a patch in 2016, it'll be to nerf the Short Bow and cut back on MFV's tutorial dialogue (can't guarantee anything about typo fixing, though).

Once I reply to the main comments I'll reply to the LP itself, where I can.

I'm also thinking of, if anything, updating the GhebFE and GhebSaga videos, which will probably lead to me doing some fixing in those games. I'll be archiving those old videos and updating the description and format to fit what I do and what I am now.

I've read Gheb origin story and it was really epic ( near the bottom of the page) :

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3303541/7/A-Tale-Of-Mystery-And-Danger

Apparently he was transformed into an "untimate sex god" by an evil doctor called Phlankstein ( later refered to as oahklanstein and pahnklstein). The good doctor used "Boner serum" to transform Gheb into what he is today. Before the operation he wasn't fat and didn't have a mohawk, not to mention apparently he got a giant dick as a result too.

Also in the last chapter Gheb final attack is called Shining boner and he even has a catchphrase to go with it " Take this! my lust, my anger, nd all my semen! SHINING BONAAAR !!!!

I like this attack more than Aether.

Worry not, OP.

I will bump with a smaller batch of replies. This is to page 5

" our hards shafts penetrates the deepest holes" Alrite this is starting to get somewhere like GhebFE did. Not saying it went to GREAT places but it sure went somewhere.

It's nice to see more Batta but he ain't as great of a leader as Gheb and Glass were. They were horrible human beings but there was some kind of mystical leadership raep and peerless aura they emanated. Batta doesn't look like a BEAST he looks more like a dumb dudebro.

Not liking the whole portal stuff, it's a bad attempt to try to explain why all these dudes are in FE7. Also GHEBFE felt kinda more fresh than this, in this a lot of the characters are just "sup u too felt down in this weird dimension lol lets get together and find our old team holy shit wait why are these two knight dude sucking each others off in the middle of the street"

It's like in an attempt to be more sane Aitos held back on what made GhebFE GhebFE.

I might have held back in some way.

I just looked it up with Nightmare, and soldier doesn't seem to promote either. The MFV lied to me! In fact, none of the promotions have been edited at all. Goes to show how incomplete this hack is. Makes me wonder why Aitos seems to have abandoned it.

I had this whole Drillman promotion planned out. If I recall correctly, the very next patch was gonna be focused on promotions and adding the custom Drillman. I got stumped as to where to start and that was the beginning of the decline that led to the extended hiatus in its development. The main issue is really the custom spriting. I can draw but it doesn't translate very well into sprites. At least, I haven't found the method to do so properly.

Gotta love Denning just sniffing around and automatically knowing where to go. Some people develop useless stuff like language and the ability to communicate, others develop the ability to kill everyone without breaking a sweat and a good sense of smell.

Tana missed Gheb so much she killed her pegasus and became a cleric. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Tana indeed ditched the pegasus to focus on the Church. Not sure about the killing though, but you never know with these people. Denning is always awesome.

I had this whole Drillman promotion planned out. If I recall correctly, the very next patch was gonna be focused on promotions and adding the custom Drillman. I got stumped as to where to start and that was the beginning of the decline that led to the extended hiatus in its development. The main issue is really the custom spriting. I can draw but it doesn't translate very well into sprites. At least, I haven't found the method to do so properly.

This is why most hacks these days have a team, and are collaborative efforts. Most hackers simply cannot do everything required in making a good custom hack by themselves. I honestly would have gotten someone who knew how to do animations and spriting to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

It'd be interesting getting a team now and making a really polished romhack. I do see a future for this.

In any case, I do hope you finish this LP, OP. It has been interesting so far.

Yeah, I've just been waiting for the poll to give me a clear 5 units to bring. So far, it definitely looks like Moulder, Denning, and Echidna are going, but there's a 3 way tie for 3rd place... Do you have any recommendations?

It's been a while, but now it's time to return to GhebSaga with...

Test 9 Prelude: Hello Darkness, My Old Friend.

4J9QuAE.png

So I'll admit I'm a bit hesitant to use McCartney on this map because he's unable to defend himself and only has 5 move, so if I play too slowly, the Wyvern reinforcements could get him. He's the only character who was voted in the top five who I didn't vote. I voted Bronze instead, so I could have a lance user, but since the people willed it, I'll be using McCartney instead. I wish GBA Bards could use magic like the Jugdral ones...

For reference, the poll winners were THE BOULDER and Echidna, who were by far the highest voted, followed by Denning, who also had a sizeable lead, and lastly Tethys and McCartney, who were just barely ahead of Tana.

l4qCzBG.png

Batta sounds like a whiny teenage brat here.

"My parents just don't understand. My mom is such a bitch. Life isn't fair. CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!"

ODIkKVq.png

I would object to Tethys being called a whore here, except it's implied (especially in her B support with Ewan) that she has resorted to prostitution to earn money, so I'll simply ask Batta use a kinder term in the future, and point out that she actually can't dance in this hack, unfortunately. (But understandably as well, as if she could, I'd have maxed both her and McCartney in a single turn)

Batta: Now we wont [sic] have to be so bored. Also, looks

M1UV2kl.png

I can only imagine what this hack would have been like had the cake farts meme been around when this hack was made...

Batta: Anyway, that creepy box? She took it. And you know what else? I'm gonna kill her for it.

xnbbdbv.png

So Aitos, is there a reason this background is so ugly?

wKB6fhJ.png

Here we have part of the custom map. See those solid green squares? They'll often switch between that and a black void, the latter of which is what I believe they were meant to be, as I don't think the map was meant to change graphically like that, and it looks more natural with the latter.

cbGeiM6.png

We start off with MFV talking to the Cube. After having to read, screenshot, and transcribe Genealogy's opening narration, I'm hoping MFV keeps it brief this time.

590uhJg.png

Can CC even talk or communicate in any way at all?

MFV: Don't you agree. I had to take you away from them. I want to know just how much they want you.

O5S2zup.png

Missing punctuation, or awkwardly broken up sentence?

djzUo2G.png

Missing punctuation it is!

MFV: Am I wrong? And now, it's his turn to save you, Companion Cube.

jTLyhhl.png

She's got a point. In MarkyJoe's videos, only the Eclipse Shamans could even harm CC, and since Eclipse has lolaccuracy...

IGSsTTv.png

Oh yeah, that's what I named the Tactician. While people love to call Mark the best Avatar in the series, I disagree. (not that I like any of FE's "Avatars", which are more like pre-defined characters whose name, appearance, and gender as well as stats to an extant are able to be chosen by the player than actual avatars) Mark isn't even a character, they're just an excuse for characters to break the fourth wall and talk to the player directly, as if the game is fucking Dora or something.

2z6h3Jb.png

And Batta gets magically warped to where we are. I'm gonna give Aitos the benefit of the doubt and assume MFV just used a Rescue staff, because while I'm still not sure what MFV's goals are, I can't imagine her not achieving them right off the bat if she can use story-breaking powers like teleporting others at will.

PRephnx.png

Good question. I'm not sure we even find out.

fchkDXW.png

I suppose so. I figure I can handle this map after seeing Markyjoe's attempt. As long as I don't turtle(which I almost never do), I should be fine.

UrSiD9T.png

For some reason, I'm reminded of how DDOP call him Batta the Bitch.

m69dt4v.png

I'm gonna assume this is just an attempt by Batta at sounding "gangsta" or whatever rather than a grammatical error.

w0GkiJE.png

I'll be honest, I don't even remember when he got saved by the Cube, but I do remember it happening.

MFV: I thought you hated it. Like you hate so many things.

7fIkFA0.png

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

6nbIizD.png

B-but, MFV, we actually just have to put a unit in front of the door to its room.

MFV: You must reach it. It's in the big room in the center.

rE5nkIT.png

I don't think this game is even playable by the blind.

Batta: Grrr...

bMESlBv.png

True. MarkyJoe still cleared it despite forgetting to bring a healer and making the mistake of turtling in a map that should be LTC'd.

4Rp0G5y.png

Palace? Sure, let's go with that.

LohpNXi.png

I believe this is a typo, as there aren't any switches on this map.

MFV: Although you can use those. As for this place?

mu5einJ.png

This line seems pretty meta.

MFV: It's nowhere in the map.

ugmGIyL.png

MFV has made mysterious into a meaningless buzzword.

YH80cLK.png

There aren't THAT many "custom" maps in this hack to my knowledge. But yes, this isn't the last time we'll be brought here, though IIRC the map layout differs between the different tests in which we get brought here.

skXpuWw.png

Le'ts plays sure are great!

CWs1r0G.png

Only one of these units is actually getting fielded.

T8rDv1X.png

Such good dialogue.

WtX1BFA.png

Glen is the only one here who was actually on the map. And like with above, only one(two if you count Batta) of these units is getting fielded.

WKVNvux.png

That should be a question mark, not a period.

VbZbmDj.png

Actually, we just have to reach the door to the big room at the bottom.

bq2TgUS.png

See above.

ieVqOAN.png

Batta, surprisingly, is in the know.

Pp21WE6.png

Hello, Miss Benchwarmer.

Batta: Yeah, that fucking voice. Look, no more talking.

lDT8KOU.png

:facepalm:

2TmFQCr.pngEnLDtBL.pngLoPODbV.pngqnbE6V8.pngkTHhOby.png

Hey, here's some edited flavor text I just noticed.

OjmsCqt.png

Lucius is the only enemy on the prep screen map. His level is 17 and his HP is 34, by the way. Aitos actually got Lucius's affinity right this time. Compared to his level 17 averages, he's got 9 more HP, 5 less Mag, 2 less Skl, 7 less Spd, equal Lck, 2 more Def, 3 more Res, and 1 more con.

o8VhxlH.png

I got a weird graphical glitch when I tried to look at his weapons. I left his status screen, and then went back to fix it, but when I looked at the stats of his top weapon, the controls locked up on me, and I had to reset. Thankfully there were no more issues afterwards.

HISmSln.png8yKkVA5.png

These are just a renamed Shine and Purge with a slightly higher crit chance but are otherwise unaltered.

udEXuJq.png

I choose to start fight, some reinforcements spawn, and Lucius speaks.

He does eventually join our army, btw, but not on this map.

GRMJSET.png

People really overdo the whole "hur hur Lucius looks like a gurl" thing. IIRC, he's only mistaken for female once in the OG, and it was in a support convo.

Lucius: Now Raven, I can finally join you, as a MAN.

S8y7u3x.png

All the enemies have Lucius's portrait, and most of them have Lancereavers or Axereavers. No swordreavers, thankfully, as I don't have a lance user on this map.

Anyway, that's it for this update. See you guys soon with some actual gameplay.

NEXT TIME, we book it for the door!

All right, I'm gonna go ahead and do...

Test 9 gameplay: Artificial Unintelligence

WjSBKI3.png

THE BOULDER's GONNA WIN THIS IN A LANDSLIDE!

xZLONIl.png

And it turns out, if you kill something with Retropoison, the match won't end, probably because staves were never meant to be used for attacking. I'm gonna redo the turn and see if turning animations off does anything.

nmyUM0T.png

Looks like turning animations off worked! Guess I'll keep THE BOULDER's animations off then.

fROEt5q.png

Because I'm an idiot, 3 cavs all attack Denning on EP, and he only survives thanks to this lucky dodge.

faEHYHT.png

Sadly, some reinforcements spawned. I may have to restart, but we'll see. At least they were player phase reinforcements.

Yb8LuDF.png

Batta gets a level from sodomizing a Cav. I had to use McCartney in order for him to kill it, as he couldn't double it.

ADUVM4n.png

Oh God, Denning's fucked, isn't he?

caIHIJd.png

THANK. GOD. These were the only enemies to attack Denning on Enemy Phase, even though others could've, they just didn't move, oddly enough. The AI in this map is weird an inconsistent.

mSbLTJa.png

The Companion Cube has a custom animation, which is cool I guess. Speaking of which, I should show off its stats.

1d3AER8.png

As you can see, it is very much defensively oriented. Neither it nor its class has a description.

1I751ci.png

It's also carrying this, an edited Iron Rune. It doesn't need it though, because the only attack that can harm it is Eclipse, which afaik can't crit.

Anyway, I need to heal Denning, but there's a bit of a problem...

CIpTlLd.png

God fucking damn it. I end up having Batta sodomize one to death, with some help from McCartney, so THE BOULDER can reach Denning. And of course, Batta decides to crit on his second attack.

GI4sTgB.png

Hey look, some edited flavor text.

O3buvDq.png

THE BOULDER levels up. I turned his animations back on because I realized that setting it so everyone's animations are on but THE BOULDER's doesn't turn NPC animations on, and I wanted to show off the CC animation. I'll probably just make THE BOULDER a pure staffbot, and stop using him for combat.

dlyqqCG.png

I try to have Tethys move towards the gate ASAP, and then these fuckwads spawn, IN THE MIDDLE OF MY TURN, one of which is hilariously on the same space as her.

8jcWnTO.png

I suppose I'll have Echidna deal with him.

ofc7ekB.png

She crits on the first attack, but not on the second, so he survives.

hSfedlN.png

McCartney pulls a Denning and gets a lucky dodge that saves his ass. He gets attacked by another cav soon after this and doesn't dodge, so if he hadn't dodged this one he would've died.

QKBy5wY.png

The wyverns are starting to catch up, so I need to haul ass.

RUPdwxf.png

Tethys, that was a 45!

WN60FRa.png

I suppose I can forgive you. She only crits on the second attack though. Like with Echidna above, she would've had to crit both times to ORKO.

E1ZM0CJ.png

She gets an underwhelming first level. They are her 3 highest growths, but she couldn't even get Speed or Res despite have 70 and 75% growths in them, respectively.

6iK7juK.pngheIHQbd.png

I think you mean for a woman, Lucius. Anyway, the reason we're seeing his boss quote now, is because he decided to attack the CC despite being unable to damage it.

HatWpr6.png

Speaking of which, at the end of EP, these fuckwads spawned in front of the door to the CC room.

orp11sx.png

The General on the right has Oswin's portrait for some reason, even though literally every single other enemy on the map, including the other General, has Lucius's portrait instead. The right General carries a Spear. The General on the left has 1 less strength than the right one, but two more defense and 1 more speed and resistance, and carries an Axereaver.

kCN1rxA.png

I literally can't move Tethys thanks to this fucker who spawned on top of her. Hopefully, if I have Echidna finish him off, Tethys will be able to move.

LldhooU.png

It worked! Echidna ranked up to B swords from killing him, too!

b32QzpL.png

*whew*

feju9Ix.png

Ow. Thankfully no one else attacks him. I think the AI may be programmed to only attack units if they can't kill them or something.

12t1pX8.png

Batta sodomizes one of the Knights and gets a level. Speed would have been nice, but he's actually about at his average for speed at this level, so I suppose I can't complain.. (He's technically .4 points above it)

2CNmzv7.png

McCartney refreshes Batta and gets his first level. It's pretty great, every stat he can use but Defense. I'm surprised he actually procced skill.

guqfoc6.png

Denning gets a nice level from chipping the last remaining Knight.

qeoHkxH.png

Sigh...

SB3wW2Y.png

I left THE BOULDER in the range of many enemies because McCartney had been up there and in need of healing, and I knew THE BOULDER could handle being ganged up on, but only one actually attacked him, and he dodged it like the pro he is. In fact, only two enemies actually attacked my dudes, and they were this one and the one that attacked McCartney.

7o6DBIm.png

I'm gonna assume T. Storm is Bolting, especially given Thunderstorm is the Japanese name of said tome.

Next turn is rather uneventful, as its mainly just everyone bumrushing towards the goal, and literally no one(other than CC) is attacked on EP, despite both McCartney and THE BOULDER being in the range of enemies.

FUdvGbC.png

Here's the layout of this map, btw.

4kM6oWN.png

I was gonna have Tethys gank Lucius due to WTA, but then I realized her Mag sucks and his Res is 3 from the cap.

iZO5qsv.png

I have McCartney get rescue staff'd by THE BOULDER both so he can be in less danger and so he can Play Denning into being able to attack Lucius, and THE BOULDER gets a level from it due to Rescue's ridiculous EXP yield.

R7zE63K.png

Turns out Denning can't quite reach Lucius. Looks like Echidna will be getting the kill.

mjACUIP.png

First, I'm gonna let Tethys chip, or maybe even kill if she gets a crit, this dude. The sad part is, this guy, a promoted General...

fQsGEBC.png

...has WORSE stats than the unpromoted Knights on the map. Tethys doesn't crit, btw. If she had, I could have ended the map then and there by immediately moving Echidna next to the door, but I wouldn't have because I want to show Lucius's death quote before I finish this.

yidrphX.pngnyyK6pE.pngjH8ikDi.pngEbkSGyK.png

As you can see, she ganks Lucius with no trouble at all. Seriously, there was a 0% chance of her not one rounding him with the Iron Blade. That's how broken she is in Batta mode. I don't necessarily think she needs a nerf though, because given she replaces Rath, when she shows up again in Gheb mode her stats and level will actually be reasonable for that point in the game. But I'd definitely say she's the best unit you get in Batta mode. She's an Oifey with stats that you could expect a level 20/1 promoted unit raised from level 1 to have.

OnZBL0O.png

Echidna gets a level out of it, and decides to focus on the top half of the level up screen. I'm a bit surprised and disappointed that she hasn't procced her 50% speed growth yet, especially when it's her highest non-HP growth. She still double everything though, so its nbd.

1D9mXDI.png

Of course Tethys crits when she doesn't need to.

bEPUrqQ.png

At least her level has speed this time. She got almost an entire levels worth of EXP from killing the General btw, likely because it's promoted.

7A6UixL.pngk3CW6tr.png

It's sad that Denning has better combat stats against the General than the Knight. I will have him fight the General btw. Normally I'd consider it too risky, but since I'm about to end the map by moving Echidna to the door, I figure I might as well get some last minute EXP.

XsNrRaa.png

Batta finishes it with a redundant Sodomizer crit and gets a WONDERFUL level. He's officially currently speed blessed by 1 point right now. I find it ironic that of all the stats, he missed the two that would boost his shaky hit rate against non lance(reaver) users...

But given he's been getting in the 40s for hit against Axereavers, which tank his hit the hardest, I suppose his hit rate is nothing to worry about right now, but it's probably only that high against axereavers because Sodomizer boost his skl and lck by 2 and 3, respectively.

9N3CgvY.png

Time to finish this update. The map ends immediately after having her wait here. I have to say, this map was very easy, and the reason is because of the baffling AI. If this map had more aggressive AI, it could actually be a bit difficult, but if that were the case I'd probably just have Echidna solo it, with THE BOULDER coming too for healing. Anyway, I'm actually kind of relieved it was so easy, because it's always nice to have a breather.

Next time, we get the Companion Cube back in the Test 9 conclusion!

Furry, did you end up finishing the Glass mode extra chapters?

Nope. He hasn't even started Glass mode. Like, not even the characters were edited.

I'm gonna be on vacation form August 1-8, so I'll go ahead and put the PMU poll for Test 10 up now, that way it'll hopefully have plenty of votes by the time I get back. The next map is a Fog map, so Ai-ke may be worth bringing, and it allows 9 units including Batta, so 5 people will have to be left behind. Because less people will be left behind than actually brought to the map, you'll be voting on who I'm benching again. I may or may not get the Test 9 conclusion update up before I leave.

So, the first custom map we get has random reinforcements spawning everywhere, bad AI, and a rather boring layout. So... hoping for improvement in the future?

The... mysterious... future?