Classes You Miss

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iight magic wielding monks and bishops!!! AIso the shaman/druid cIass because dark magic wielders clad in heavy robes was cooler than running around practicaIIy naked sorcerers. AIso DARK MAGIC! Nosferatu is not the onIy tome! What happened to flux, Iuna, eclipse, s rank one I cannot speII, and the three named for Loki's children I cannot spell one of them so not bothering to try to atm.

I miss light magic users (and I'm clearly not the only one who misses them), sword-wielding flying units, and warrior. While not exactly a class, I also miss the capes paladins had in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn (otherwise they just look like cavaliers with a bit more armour).

-Like most everyone, I miss the light magic using classes (and both old magic triangles; having magic be part of the regular weapon triangle was a bad idea).

-And Shamans and Druids. Having fanservice-y Dark Mages and Sorcerers in Awakening at least had a (bad) excuse, but having them in Fates was just gratuitous and pointless (especially since they only got one exclusive, nerfed tome), and the Shamans and Druids looked way better.

-Halberdiers were pretty much the best class to come out of the Tellius games, they should make a comeback too, as should playable Soldiers. At the very least, Halberdiers could be an actual promotion for Villager instead of Merchants, which are pretty much only a promotion of Villager because they share a weapon type.

-The sword/axe/bow/spear variants of Knights and Cavaliers.

-Bandits and Pirates, especially because they're far more interesting and unique than the Oni Savage line with their ability to move on mountain and water respectively.

-Class-related, but I miss the sword-using Troubadours from FE4.

I miss the sage class. I guess Onmyoji is kind of the same, but I liked the design of sages better.

I also liked the Bishop class. They would have decimated all those faceless with Slayer. It's also kind of a shame they took away light magic in awakening.

Also, the Assassin class is one of my favorites, but Master Ninjas get Lethality too, so all is good.

Light magic users, Monks, Bishops and so. Thought no need of magic triangle, that thing was completely useless in my experience.

Awakening Assassins, sword and bow combo was pretty cool. A Flying unit that use sword and lances would be cool to se return I guess, but, as a new class, perhaps rework the Griffon Riders into that or make the pegasus like that again but keep the current Pegasus/Falcon as another class with another design or so. To be honest I never felt the use of swords by the Falcon Knights useful at all, Axereavers and now Dual Naginatas did and does the job of dealing with axes way better that swords ever did and having flying stave users it's way more useful, even if healing staffs are kinda nerfed in Fates.

Aside from that I want Haldberdies and Sages return, Spear Masters and Onmyoujis are basically the same but i don't like the aesthetics of those two really, also I feel like Onmyoujis are kinda bad on everything but magic.

Also Manaketes, but like in Awakening. It was really nice to finally have a Manakete through the whole game and be able to use her with no remorse of "being to awesome to use" instead of the really late joining really limited uses of previous Manaketes.

Edited by Purikaman

Well everything has already been said at this point. Other than Fates n Awk I've only played SS, Blazing Sword, and I just barely english patched Binding Blade.

What I want brought back are old designs.

For example generals in the GBA days were the epitome of bad ass. When you engaged a general in those games you respected those metal mofukers. Especially those epic crit animations. They just gave no fks back then. Also I loved saying "Power pole extend!" with the spears.

Also sages. Those crits man hand drawing those magic circles. Even the mage crits were awesome with thier hand gestures.

Also the sage outfits were surprisingly smexy for being little pixels. *cough* Lute *cough* Also Manekate. Because corn not being able to use hydro blast 2 space is bs ESPECIALLY since Dragonstone is mag in fates.

Monk and Bishop, because I feel Light Magic, while meh, is pretty important to the series. I get why it wasn't in Awakening, since FE 1/3/11/12 didn't have a split magic system, but why not Fates? Dark Magic for Nohr, Light Magic for Hoshido, and Anima goes to both, it makes sense, right?

Nomad, because they're better than Archers. And I miss Rath, Shin and Sue...

On a different topic, I wonder if they'll break up Anima Magic or Cavaliers ever again. Or bring back Dismount. Or give Swords back to Falcon Knights. Or bring back Canto. Or... idk Movement Stars? PCC? Thracia capture? More than one type if Magic Sword? Uh... Wrath? Uh... OH! How about the story not being garbage? That's a good one, right?

Sorry, that kind of dissolved into madness there. I've been reading too much Hamlet. Not be choice though, but because English class.

-Like most everyone, I miss the light magic using classes (and both old magic triangles; having magic be part of the regular weapon triangle was a bad idea).

I'd disagree there - the magic triangle - both of them - was never meaningful for reasons already mentioned.

Also, I'm surprised people want swords on Falcon Knights again, because tbh, I generally didn't find swords on them very useful, especially after the GBA games.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I'd disagree there - the magic triangle - both of them - was never meaningful for reasons already mentioned.

Also, I'm surprised people want swords on Falcon Knights again, because tbh, I generally didn't find swords on them very useful, especially after the GBA games.

I mean, I'd rather have them with swords than staves. First, with swords, they don't have to be as afraid of axe users (even though they are typically frail, anyways). Also,more often than not, most players will already have powerful stave users in the form of mages and clerics. Combined with most of the FK having pitiful magic and magic growths, they would be better off slicing away at axe users with swords than attempting to heal with staves. There is some usage with their movement range and a Rescue stave but I find that most people only use that during online play or in attempting to save Shiro.

I guess you could transform a magic user into a FK but then they would lose some viability because they are locked to a class with lances, while likely having poor strength, and having only staves as their saving grace--and they wouldn't be able to counterattack as it isn't RD any longer.

All of this is hypothetical, by the way, so I could be entirely wrong but that's how I view FK having swords again.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Falco Knights w/Sword meant to serve as an insurance against enemy Axe units?

I mean, I'd rather have them with swords than staves. First, with swords, they don't have to be as afraid of axe users (even though they are typically frail, anyways). Also,more often than not, most players will already have powerful stave users in the form of mages and clerics. Combined with most of the FK having pitiful magic and magic growths, they would be better off slicing away at axe users with swords than attempting to heal with staves. There is some usage with their movement range and a Rescue stave but I find that most people only use that during online play or in attempting to save Shiro.

I guess you could transform a magic user into a FK but then they would lose some viability because they are locked to a class with lances, while likely having poor strength, and having only staves as their saving grace--and they wouldn't be able to counterattack as it isn't RD any longer.

All of this is hypothetical, by the way, so I could be entirely wrong but that's how I view FK having swords again.

From where I'm standing, though, it kinda falls flat if weapons that invert the weapon triangle are a thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Falco Knights w/Sword meant to serve as an insurance against enemy Axe units?

See above. Also, some FE games tend to favour lances on enemy units, knocking the usefulness of swords on FKs down even further.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

While I think Fates' implementation of Falcon Knights (such low Mag growth) was poor, staves aren't a bad idea in principle. Putting them on a Falcon Knight gives you a healer with 8 movement, that isn't affected by terrain. It's also the only Lance/Staff combo in the game. I like GBA and GC era Falcon Knights as well, but considering Paladins are also 8 movement Lance/Sword users, there is a fair bit of overlap.

*bangs fists on the table repeatedly* BRIDE CLASS BRIDE CLASS BRIDE CLASS BRIDE CLASS

In all seriousness though, I absolutely loved it. It was completely ridiculous and uncalled for (which is something I personally like) and it was very different from the other rugged war outfits (sans Nowi but I couldn't get hers anyway). Crossing my fingers they release it for fates, but it won't break my heart if they don't. Besides, Nohr Noble is my second favorite after that.

Also the use of staves and lances, my two favorite battle gear.

Edited by Hadria

Sentinel. The spear fighter just isn't the same. I liked the Spartan/Mediterranean design behind them. That and all their skills made them feel badass. They should of been a Nohrian equivalent to the spear fighter.