Loputousu blood

BerserkStaff

Also, since Cyas already inherited Alvis' Major Fala blood from his earlier union with Aida, there were only Diadora's Major Narga and the eventual Major Loptyr blood to pass down.

In the case of Seliph he had two parents who each had Major blood, the Minor blood would not pass down given it was not as strong.

I reckon the two blood limit is for gameplay balancing more than any magical biological reasoning but it does help to make Celice and Julia seem less evil.

Edited by Jotari

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon the two blood limit is for gameplay balancing more than any magical biological reasoning but it does help to make Celice and Julia seem less evil.

I think they did it to make the ending happier. Note how there are no known living lopt blood cariers at the end of fe4. THis means that any cult survivers cant just try the same plan again in 100 years, and the menace is vanqueshed for good. Sure, FE5 retconed cias in, but he is just that, a retcon. In fact, developer interviews at the time of fe4's release state that diadora was alvis's first relationship because he hated his dad's infidelity (we are also not sure that he has lopt blood).

Edited by sirmola

Given Manfroy's seeming desire to kill Cyas for having Major Fala blood, I get the impression he doesn't have Minor Lopt. If he did then Manfroy would probably want to protect him and encourage his breeding. Then again I can't imagine any logical reason why he wouldn't have lopt blood.

Given Manfroy's seeming desire to kill Cyas for having Major Fala blood, I get the impression he doesn't have Minor Lopt. If he did then Manfroy would probably want to protect him and encourage his breeding. Then again I can't imagine any logical reason why he wouldn't have lopt blood.

Is it actually stated he doesn't have Minor Lopt?

I would think they wanted him dead because, having already their Major Lopt vessel, they saw Cyas's Major Fala as too dangerous to leave him be, even if he had Minor Lopt.

That's possible but pretty foolish of Manfroy. Putting all your eggs in one basket is not a good idea. The Lopt Sect got really lucky that there was still lopt blood out there after the last Gale was killed. And considering apparently there were public burnings at one point, people with minor lopt were probably kept around in the Lopt Sect of the old days.

That's possible but pretty foolish of Manfroy. Putting all your eggs in one basket is not a good idea. The Lopt Sect got really lucky that there was still lopt blood out there after the last Gale was killed. And considering apparently there were public burnings at one point, people with minor lopt were probably kept around in the Lopt Sect of the old days.

Foolish, though consistent. Manfroy, after all, would later on send Julia to fight the Liberation Army despite Julius saying she should've been killed. He probably was overconfident, as many a villain would be in fiction.

Is it actually stated he doesn't have Minor Lopt?

I would think they wanted him dead because, having already their Major Lopt vessel, they saw Cyas's Major Fala as too dangerous to leave him be, even if he had Minor Lopt.

Yeah, I always wondered about that. It feels like we're doing biology homework right now.

I doubt Cyas had Lopt blood, or else it would have been mentioned somewhere. Don't forget that Cyas is Aida's son, not Deirdre's.

The official Serenes Forest Family Tree begs to differ. However, Saias stood out as a sore thumb to Manfroy because there was no one else that bore Loptyr Holy Blood, and that his Major Fala Blood made him just as dangerous as any other Holy Blood user.

I'm still a bit confused about why Cyas having mayor Fala blood was supposed to be an issue for Manfroy. Presumably its because he would be a danger for Jullius inheritance but he really isn't. The events in Chapter 5 are clear in that the Heim royal family remains the royal family and that Alvis just marries a member of it. The king also says that he's supposed to get off the throne as soon as Dierdre's son comes of age. Cyas having zero connection to Heim would make him duke of Velthomer in the worst case scenario.

If he had Lopt blood it would make sense to NOT kill him so Manfroy could ''reboot'' should anything happen to Jullius. Tracia establish him as a sickly kid so having a spare around seems pretty important.

You could say being of crusader descents alone makes him dangerous but pretty much all imperial big shots are of Crusader blood.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I'm still a bit confused about why Cyas having mayor Fala blood was supposed to be an issue for Manfroy. Presumably its because he would be a danger for Jullius inheritance but he really isn't. The events in Chapter 5 are clear in that the Heim royal family remains the royal family and that Alvis just marries a member of it. The king also says that he's supposed to get off the throne as soon as Dierdre's son comes of age. Cyas having zero connection to Heim would make him duke of Velthomer in the worst case scenario.

If he had Lopt blood it would make sense to NOT kill him so Manfroy could ''reboot'' should anything happen to Jullius. Tracia establish him as a sickly kid so having a spare around seems pretty important.

You could say being of crusader descents alone makes him dangerous but pretty much all imperial big shots are of Crusader blood.

Well, you gotta understand that the way things were, Manfroy was a bit excused to feel confident regarding the status of the Lopt lineage. He had the Naga Book locked away, Dierdre was dead, and Julia was MIA (and even then once he knows she's still alive, he easily captures and brainwashes her). As it was, there was little threat to Lopt himself. Therefore, the threat Saias's Major Fala posed outweighted the value of his Minor Lopt.

The official Serenes Forest Family Tree begs to differ. However, Saias stood out as a sore thumb to Manfroy because there was no one else that bore Loptyr Holy Blood, and that his Major Fala Blood made him just as dangerous as any other Holy Blood user.

Is there anything in canon that implies that he has minor Loptyr blood, or did the person who made the tree just assume he would get it from Arvis? If it's the latter, the tree might not necessarily be correct, as we know from Ishtore, Ishtar, and Scorpio that inheriting minor blood from a parent isn't a sure thing.

They were coded that way intentionally.

So you don't have another minor Loptous heir to the throne.

I wouldn't say it takes coding to make them have no Holy Blood, especially if its a bunch of 0's that can be left alone.

In any case, it doesn't answer my question. It still doesn't say if it was deliberate they didn't change some 0's into other values, depending on how Holy Blood is coded.

Well, in any case, the game by itself may not be saying much either, perhaps.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I wouldn't say it takes coding to make them have no Holy Blood, especially if its a bunch of 0's that can be left alone.

In any case, it doesn't answer my question. It still doesn't say if it was deliberate they didn't change some 0's into other values, depending on how Holy Blood is coded.

Well, in any case, the game by itself may not be saying much either, perhaps.

Celice inherits minor Loptous by default, and the developers re-coded him to remove minor Loptous from the chart.

So I can say it was deliberate.

Celice inherits minor Loptous by default, and the developers re-coded him to remove minor Loptous from the chart.

So I can say it was deliberate.

Keep in mind he is a 2nd Gen character subject to inheritance, not a stand-alone. It's two different cases.

The other characters aren't tied to another to determine their stats or Holy Blood or skills or inventory.

Edited by Acacia Sgt