Conquest PMU

Cyas

A side project next to my Birthright efficiency run would be nice so I'd like to start a PMU. I'll say right away that this won't be turned into a Let's Play or anything like that.

Rules:

-16 units including Corrin, children are allowed.

-Hard/Classic no-grind so only 2 Dread Fighters, 2 Dark Falcons and either a Witch or a Ballistician. You don't have to use any of those classes, they're completely optional.

-Please tell me how exactly I should get the classes that you suggest for the characters.

Edit:

-When you draft a child, please make sure that at least one of the parents is on my team.

Characters:

1. Strategist Elise

2. +HP/-Mag male Berserker Corrin (named Sol)

3. Malig Knight Silas (S-support Beruka)

4. Dark Falcon Leo

5. Falcon Knight Selena

6. Hero Xander (A+ support Laslow)

7. Dread Fighter Kaze

8. Paladin Laslow (A+ support Xander)

9. Berserker Felicia (S-rank Corrin)

10. Witch Camilla

11. Adventurer Azura!Nina

12. Bow Knight Niles

13. Hero Charlotte!Ophelia

14. Swordmaster Odin

15. Wyvern Lord Sophie

16. Great Knight Benny

By the way, if you or anyone else picks Niles, you may also give me one generic unit or one capturable boss.

Edited by Cyas

General!Velouria (from Keaton x Effie)

At least one of those should be on my team so that I can get them to S.

Edit: Actually, I might be able to get them to S via DLC but I wouldn't be able to deploy my actual party and would have to do it just with base level characters in DLCs that aren't there for EXP grinding. I'd rather avoid having to do that.

So yeah, please choose either Keaton or Effie (or both if you really want to) for my team and add their class(es) as well.

No Anna so Witch Camilla it is.

Edited by Cyas

Alright, thanks for posting everybody.

I have to admit that this team turned out much better than anticipated. Every unit ranges from really good to at least viable. Dread Fighter!Kaze, Dark Falcon!Leo and Hero!Xander are all things I would consider doing/I have already done in a normal playthrough anyway. Stuff like Berserker Felicia is at least salvageable. I mean, the Avatar alone gives +5 Str and a tonic and a competent cook bring that up to 9. A Steel Axe +2 (when she finally reaches the required weapon rank) has also as much power as the Omega Yato (16). Not to mention she also gets early Axefaire so that's 30 Attack before factoring in her hopefully okay-ish base Str (growth is 35).

Huh, she actually hits pretty hard when she gets going.

I'm just happy you didn't choose -Lck to turn me into the second coming of Arthur.

Well, this is just me, but I think being a Berserker will likely blow up in your face, especially lategame.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Well, this is just me, but I think being a Berserker will likely blow up in your face, especially lategame.

Haha, I'll probably get crit-killed a few times in this run, especially if I ever end up using Silver.

Though, the Berserker Avatar isn't bad in my opinion. Berserkers have crazy good offense. Furthermore, Sol has 36 HP and 14 Def after completing chapter 8. That's overall better defense than Camilla if I give him tonics and Felicia's personal is active.

However, I can see why you wouldn't want to use Berserkers. If I do create a post at the end of the run explaining how everybody turned out, I'll be sure to include a "killed by crits" Counter.

• 4 weeks later...

It took a while but I decided that I should make a small unit summary.

FA2afZO.jpg

Not bad by any means. His offense was pretty good after reclassing and it didn’t take long until he could start ORKOing consistently. He hit really hard during late to mid-game thanks to Axefaire with forged Steel Axes and Rally Strength from Felicia. His immense HP stat and solid Def also allowed him to tank when needed.

Sol actually hit Level 20 during Endgame but never reached S-Axes.

jHaX8a3.jpg

The MVP of this run. My team was kinda underleveled so he was very crucial during late-game thanks to being actually able to double (got 2 Speedwings but 1 would have probably already been enough due to Rally Speed and the availability of Berserker Pair-ups). He killed Takumi because everybody else would either:

1. Die to Vengeance
  2. Die to Vengeance crits (eg: Sol)

Also, notice something strange? He got horribly Def-screwed. Xander procced Def like 3 times during 16 Level-ups with a 50ish growth rate. That actually made him a lot better due to the enemy targeting conditions in CQ.

ujiHiRv.jpg

Actually had very impressive early-game offense with Axefaire. Sadly, she is still extremely frail. Other people needed her offensive pair-up boosts (and by other people I mean Odin) or just Rally Str so she kinda fell behind the rest of the team after chapter 17.

yRVy85x.jpg

My Kaze’s always seem to cap Str somehow. There’s not much to say that the picture doesn’t already tell you: He’s a Magekiller and has generally good offense on PP. Kaze is also surprisingly tanky because of his high HP.

HO9bN7o.jpg

Putting the names unbefitting of Odin Dark’s fell weaponry aside, he was kind of an odd unit. As one would expect, his stats after reclassing weren’t exactly stellar. The problem is however that it stayed that way for 70% of the game. Then his usefulness sky-rocketed somehow towards the end and he became one of my most competent units. For example when he tanked the Hero room in C26. And by tanking I mean not dodging attacks but actually facetanking them. With active and passive Def stacking he had like 36 Def, which is pretty funny on a SM.

Oega554.jpg

She doubles just about everything but was in need of multiple Spirit Dusts in order to ORKO enemies once the mid-game was over. Warp was broken as you might have already guessed. It made the quick clear of C20 and C24 possible and allowed me to skip the bottom room of C26.

f9E2n27.jpg

Looks solid on paper with Darting Blow and good enough Speed to double with forged Steel Lances to make up for the relative lack of Strength. There’s also enough Rally Strength to go by on my team to further amplify her offense and her Defense is solid as well.

It’s just that Rally Speed was so valuable that she hardly fought after hitting Level 5. Good up to that point and Rally bot afterwards.

IMsjmUj.jpg

He ORKOes things, flies but can’t really take hits. Leo was especially useful during C21 when he flew ahead of the group in order to ORKO the Stoneborn with Lightning. Or C20 where he OHKOed Fuga with Mjölnir so I could ~5 turn it while getting Rescue.

nSzLTfp.jpg

Just a Standard Niles albeit with offensive issues towards the end of the game. He was still fine until Endgame due to Rally Strength.

nC16ugD.jpg

I like Benny, but only if he has Wary Fighter. I trained him for a while though I considered other units to be more important. Sorry eclipse, he was the least used unit.

NOkfS9A.jpg

I tried to make her good. She got a +3 Bronze Sword and Berserker Pair-up all the time but lost importance once my team reached C18 and every enemy was promoted. The plan was to hit C rank Swords for KE, equip Gamble and have 3 tomes for crits but alas it never happened.

IrHKYPo.jpg

His damage output in one hit is quite huge. Laslow’s was pretty alright as long as he got Rally Spd boosts but he was Xander’s pair-up bot most of the time.

nlOfizE.jpg

She’s basically Silas with a little bit less STR but actual Spd and Rally Def. Sophie replaced her father’s spot on my team which was amusing considering their supports talk about how hard Sophie has to try to be as good of a knight as Silas is.

xRJsjWK.jpg

She’s just a Standard Elise. She didn’t fight a lot in this playthrough because I have 15 other units to use who can mostly just earn EXP by killing while Elise has her own personal and technically infinite EXP pool.

f3l3qcX.jpg

Azura!Nina is so stupidly squishy. Putting that aside, she had good PP offense, move and versatility with the Shining Bow.

zgHaiLZ.jpg

Silas was kind of an interesting case. See, during early-game, he got Spd-screwed but also Str blessed so instead of doubling he was mostly just one-shotting and tanking. That was all fine until C18. There’s no chance for him to one-shot at this point or be an outstanding tank and with his terrible Spd he couldn’t double much either. After a while he was relegated to being a pair-up bot though at least he was the early-game MVP.

Never even attempted to use Magic for obvious reasons.

Most units here seem to be under-leveled. Maybe I spread EXP too thinly and skipped too many maps (Fuga’s wild Ride and Hinoka), maybe I relied too heavily on Xander. I don’t really care either way since my team was strong enough to handle everything up until Endgame where I started improvising. Endgame was one of the three chapters in this run where I struggled.

1. The first one was, unsurprisingly, Chapter 10. Now, I don’t think vanilla Chapter 10 is that overwhelmingly hard. Doing it without Azura, without enough units to hit deployment cap and without Malig Knight Camilla (She was still strong but not nearly as good as with a Wyvern) made things more interesting. I forfeited the Draco Shield and got cornered near the Defend tiles on turn 11 but it worked out.
  2. The second was Chapter 17. 3 resets all because of oversights instead of the actual chapter. Kotaro killed Odin during the first try because I wasn’t aware of the fact that Silver Shuriken de-buff Spd. Second try Benny died to the Armorslayer guy. Third victim was Selena, again, Silver Shuriken de-buff Spd. This chapter engraved that fact on my mind.
  3. Endgame is actually pretty do-able until the rider squad arrived. It, alongside the suicide Faceless, proved to be too sturdy to be all wiped out in one turn. That’s the only time where I wished I would have been a bit more careful with EXP distribution. The solution to the problem was very careful positioning so that no squishy units could be reached and all of my remaining freeze staff uses. Selena’s staff hit rate was pretty garbage (64%). In hindsight, I should have trained Nina’s staff rank, it would have made things so much more reliable.

And finally, the amount of times Sol got killed by crits, now is the last chance to bet:

The Sniper in one of the side rooms of C27 no less. In other words, it only took a few seconds to get back to where I was and it was quite inconsequential.

Technically speaking it happened twice but that was in a just for fun attempt at C25 where Sol had an actually fair duel (no healing items, no tonics, meals etc. Just Sol and his Yato-boosted stats and a Dual Club against Ryoma, his Raijinto boosted stats and, well, his Raijinto) with Ryoma that obviously ended in Sol’s demise.