Most powerful dragon in Fire Emblem (gameplay)

DragonFlames

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the most powerful playable dragon compared to other units in their game?

• Fe1 Tiki
    • Fe3 Tiki
    • Fae
    • Myrrh
    • Fe9 Ena
    • Kurthnaga
    • Fe9 Nasir
    • Gareth
    • Fe11 Tiki
    • Fe12 Tiki
    • Fe11 Nagi
    • Fe12 Nagi
    • Nowi
    • Nah
    • Fe13 Tiki
    • Corrin
    • Kana
    • Manakete Morgan
    • Bantu
    • Fe10 Ena
    • Fe10 Nasir

Basically what it says in the title. I have seen Mangs' character spotlight on Tiki on Youtube and it got me thinking which playable unit capable of transformation into a dragon is the most powerful in comparison to all other units in their respective games?

I'd very much like to hear you guys' opinion on the matter, so discuss freely!

Edited by DragonFlames

It's Kurthnaga based solely on his size. He has size advantage over even probably the Fire Dragon from FE7, which is bigger than any other playable dragon, and possibly even Dragaron or Medeus. Not to mention he's the son of possibly the strongest non-final boss dragon in the entire series.

It's Kurthnaga based solely on his size. He has size advantage over even probably the Fire Dragon from FE7, which is bigger than any other playable dragon, and possibly even Dragaron or Medeus. Not to mention he's the son of possibly the strongest non-final boss dragon in the entire series.

I agree that his size is pretty intimidating and judging by the in-game model of his father, that guy is even larger... The dude could probably take on both Grima and Anankos and walk it off like nothing.

But what I actually meant was how the dragon fares gameplay-wise in comparison to other playable characters in their respective games. Your answer is fine, too, though.

Sorry if that sounded condescending. I didn't mean it like that.

Morgan, definitely. You can plan his stats and choose 5 of almost all the skills in the game for him to use, not to mention dragons have 1-2 range in Awakening.

That would be Katri in Tear Ring Saga. All of the four Holy Dragons in TRS are basically unstoppable and a single one of them can easily devastate an entire country. In fact, if I recall correctly they basically served as the fantasy equivalent of a nuke for the four countries until the country of Leda got itself destroyed by it's own dragon. They are every bit as powerful in gameplay as they are in story. While transformed, Katri can't get damaged by anything that the enemy has at their disposal. And at the offensive, she is capable of dealing defense-negating damage across an area of 3x3 tiles. Her only weakness is that when she stays transformed for too many turns, she might revert back into a frail Priest at the worst possible moment. But seeing how she can kill up to 9 enemies in a single attack, this risk is easily manageable. And considering that enemy dragons never behave like that, this limitation probably only exists in gameplay anyway.

Edited by BrightBow

TRS is pretty much an honorary Fire Emblem game, even if it technically isn't actually one.

Anyway, my vote went to Manakete!Morgan, for reasons others have already mentioned. Marrying Nowi can also get you a second one of her in the form of Nah.

Its been a while but I thought Kurthnaga was supposed to be pretty small for a dragon. He's said to be the youngest dragon and he's pretty much dwarfed by his dad when you have the two fight each other.

If non playable dragons count I'd definitely say Dheginsea makes a good claim to being the strongest dragon.

The list has no love for Bantu! I mean, he isn't very powerful, but still

Apparently Manakete!Morgan is the best? I never actually used her in Awakening.

Having access to an absurd amount of skills does that to you.

Because it isn't FE. :3:

It's basically Fire Emblem with a different name. It was even called Emblem Saga before lawyer shenanigans.

The point is that it being not Fire Emblem is a mere technicality and nothing more; you could literally call the game Fire Emblem: Tearring Saga and there wouldn't be a single thing off about it aside from the game not being for a Nintendo system.

And you could say the exact same thing about Dino Crisis and Demon's Soul. The point is that TRS is literally NOT part of the FE series. It's not a matter of opinion or anything, it is literally, factually NOT an FE game, and therefore its characters should not be included in "best FE characters/games/etc." discussions.

And you could say the exact same thing about Dino Crisis and Demon's Soul. The point is that TRS is literally NOT part of the FE series. It's not a matter of opinion or anything, it is literally, factually NOT an FE game, and therefore its characters should not be included in "best FE characters/games/etc." discussions.

I don't see why it not being in the same series legally should impact gameplay discussion.

Like I could argue Chen is the best lord (she's not, despite being a kitty), even though Touhou Chemblem isn't legally in the series since the game is basically a Shadow Dragon clone in terms of gameplay.

EDIT: Sorry to Fire Emblem Fan for getting so worked up about this. It really is a minor thing, and it's not that big a deal. I realize I almost certainly came off as overly-aggressive and confrontational, and I'm sorry.

Also sorry to eclipse and the mod staff in general for veering too far off-topic.

[spoiler=Original post]The only thing that's not FE about Tearring Saga is who holds the IP, what shows up on the title screen, and what system it's on.

That's it.

If you're talking purely technically, then yes, it is technically not a Fire Emblem game, but most people here have come to the conclusion, and not erroneously, in my opinion, that "ehhhh, close enough".

Edited by Topaz Light

:sweatdrop:

Ahem. . .

The answer is Bantu. But if we're being serious, then it's probably FE11 Tiki, since her stone can be rendered infinite, and it doesn't give her stupid stat reductions.

FE3 Tiki or Manakete!Tiki!Morgan.

FE3!Tiki basically has all the advantages of TRS Katri with the exception of the AOE attack, tho this loss doesn't harm her much since A.she only detransforms on player phase and B. she has MULTIPLE dragonstone types at her disposal, one of which makes her literally unhurtable by ANYTHING.

Manakete!Tiki!Morgan for reasons already stated.

Out of curiosity why aren't Ena and Nasir split between FE9 and FE10 versions like Tiki is for FE1/3/11/12/13?'

That said Nah!Morgan is the best one all things considered.

I honestly forgot about splitting them, because they had so little gameplay presence in my runs of Path of Radiance... I even had to look up if I got Gareth's name right. *blushes in embarrassment.

The list has no love for Bantu! I mean, he isn't very powerful, but still

Apparently Manakete!Morgan is the best? I never actually used her in Awakening.

I forgot to add him! *dies of shame*

*magically resurrects*

It seems like Morgan will win this. Interesting.

EDIT: fixed it! Thanks for pointing out what I forgot, guys! :D

Edited by DragonFlames