Final Fantasy 15 release date pushed from 9/30/16 to 11/29/16

DarkDestr0yer61

Basically, they are trying to do the finishing polish on the game. But instead of releasing a Day One patch, then want the patch to be implemented on the disc itself because people who don't have Internet wouldn't be able to download the patch.

I saw a rumour of this from an image of gamestop having to amend the release date for the game where people started to rationalize that it looked like an photoshop. Just can't catch a break, I guess.

tfw FFXV goes from fall break timesink into enticing devil bent on ruining my winter finals season

It actually may work on their favor, since now they don't have to compete with Persona 5.

Only in japan tho. Rest of the world gets p5 in feb 2017

Man I still remember making the first article about 13-Versus later known as FFXV on the old FF forum I used to regular and later admin'd for, Myffnet and well, I stopped caring, about 15 quite some time ago, its been 10+ years, it could be the best game in the world and I'll still probably not care. Also note i've played pretty much every mainline FF and enjoyed them to different extents when I say this lol.

FF7R, Dissidia Arcade and such though, still have my attention.

Edited by Jedi

Man I still remember making the first article about 13-Versus later known as FFXV on the old FF forum I used to regular and later admin'd for, Myffnet and well, I stopped caring, about 15 quite some time ago, its been 10+ years, it could be the best game in the world and I'll still probably not care. Also note i've played pretty much every mainline FF and enjoyed them to different extents when I say this lol.

Yeah, you and I have talked about this before. I can't say I feel the same way because I only knew about this game's development for a couple of years.

Some people our understanding on why they are delaying it for another 2 months. And some people are very pissed off that the game is getting delayed 2 months after its 10 year development

Yeah, you and I have talked about this before. I can't say I feel the same way because I only knew about this game's development for a couple of years.

Some people our understanding on why they are delaying it for another 2 months. And some people are very pissed off that the game is getting delayed 2 months after its 10 year development

I think part of it may be the fan feedback they are going off of for the demos, they may have found more kinks than expected, i'm not sure though.

...In that big livestream that revealed the official release date, it initially settled on November 30, 2016 as a fake-out before being pushed back to September 30.

In light of that, this is hilarious.

I actually have some interest in it... waiting to see how it turns out, but not super pessimistic.

I actually have some interest in it... waiting to see how it turns out, but not super pessimistic.

Honestly i'm glad people have interest in it, I just have a bit of a bitter history with it myself ^^; not an example to follow

Honestly i'm glad people have interest in it, I just have a bit of a bitter history with it myself ^^; not an example to follow

There's just no way in hell it's reaching that 10 million mark that they quietly let slip right after the big stream extravaganza.

They'll almost certainly lose money on it, and no matter how good it is you'll probably be able to find it for $40 or less around the holidays.

Good for a prospective buyer who has patience, bad for the company.

Just wondering, does anyone have high hopes for this game? Back when it was announced, I was really hoping it could pick the series back up to the level that it was between FF6 and FF10, but after watching the trailer (last year? I forget), it doesn't look particularly exciting... I'm honestly expecting more out of the FF7 remake, and I'm not even super hopeful about that...

I'd rather SE releases a game that doesn't require patching. It's fine by me, since it means that used copies should crop up after January~!

Or I might pre-order it, if the goodies are really good. Regardless, I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. The last time I felt like this was for TMS, and we all know how that turned out~! :P:

I saw the release date change and audibly guffawed. After a decade you'd think there'd be no more need for delays. Not after the insane pomp and circumstance. Ridiculous. At least FFXIV is super good otherwise my faith in the FF brand would be pretty shot by now...

I saw the release date change and audibly guffawed. After a decade you'd think there'd be no more need for delays. Not after the insane pomp and circumstance. Ridiculous. At least FFXIV is super good otherwise my faith in the FF brand would be pretty shot by now...

This. This game's entire existence is just ridiculous.

To be honest, after two disappointing demos and a host of questionable gameplay and cinematics, I have lost all the hype I had for this game. I am probably going to cave in and buy it, but I readily expect this game to be mediocre.

This. This game's entire existence is just ridiculous.

To be honest, after two disappointing demos and a host of questionable gameplay and cinematics, I have lost all the hype I had for this game. I am probably going to cave in and buy it, but I readily expect this game to be mediocre.

If you're gonna cave, buy it used. I guarantee there'll be plenty of copies floating around after a couple of months.

I don't care much for the FF series aside from a couple of titles, but my brother-in-law is a huge fan of the series. We were even having a discussion about the game a few months ago and I predicted that it would be delayed, since Squeenix seems to love delaying games to ridiculous extents. Nice to see that I was right

Edited by Kon

I'm not super-hyped for this, but I am cautiously optimistic. Squeenix has been doing better lately and the rebranding seems to have it going in a more refined direction, but this game has been in development since Squeenix's slump and I'm worried a little of that will seep into it. I'm glad to see that Nomura's no longer working on it, because Nomura is really not a good writer or director or producer. The fact that Tabata's delaying the game to make sure it's the best it can be is a point in his favor in my book, though I am also a little worried, considering that he was the director of disaster known as The 3rd Birthday.

Yeah, I remember Final Fantasy Versus XIII as well. Back then, it seemed super hype since 2006 coincided with the Kingdom Hearts popularity explosion. Just in general, more action RPGs were a big deal.

Seems that people are hype now too.

Out of curiosity, did anyone pre-order the Ultimate Collector's edition or know when it went on sale?

Edited by quasimopho13