Who was your First Pokemon (Any Media)?

quasimopho13

I think this is kinda obvious.

Best starter for the best spin-off pokémon game.

Oh yeah, Gale of Darkness was awesome and gave a free Lugia when Lugia was tough to get in Generation 3.

Who did you evolve Eevee into during that run?

Oh yeah, Gale of Darkness was awesome and gave a free Lugia when Lugia was tough to get in Generation 3.

Who did you evolve Eevee into during that run?

Either Jolteon or Espeon, I never tried Umbreon or Vaporeon but I'll one day.

Flareon... ughh

Either Jolteon or Espeon, I never tried Umbreon or Vaporeon but I'll one day.

Flareon... ughh

this is such a false thing

flareon gets access to easy flamethrower, fire blast, shadow ball, and double-edge all through the main story. there's likely some other good moves it gets too

flareon' special attack isn't even that bad lol

flareon gets access to easy flamethrower, fire blast, shadow ball, and double-edge all through the main story. there's likely some other good moves it gets too

Yes but I either need someone that can do a lot of dmgs or that can tank, Flareon can't do neither.

Yes her special attack is decent, so I can use it for weaking shadow Pokémons but at the late game, it doesn't matter.

Using Double-Edge is also very risky because most shadow pokémon use moves like Shadow End, and remember that Flareon is far from being bulky.

I can't speak for Spinoffs, but a large portion of Flareon's problems in the main series stem from horrid Speed and HP, on top of being basically unable to utilize its best stat as competently as other physical Fire types due to lack of a good Fire Type physical move (Flare Blitz does not count as Flareon lacks the HP to competently take the recoil) and generally poor physical movepool variety (It gets some Normal type attacks, notably Return, which basically everything gets anyway).

First Pokemon card: a hoppip (that thing that flies and it's grass/flying)

Game wise: bulbasaur

I'm a sucker for grass type tbh

Edited by Princess Lore

My siblings and I were all about the gen 1 cards back then, I held a Charmander, Geodude and a smokin' Weedle as my first few cards.

Charmander was my OG starter in Pokemon Blue, Red and Pokemon Yellow (yeah you start with Pikachu, but I worshipped Charmander as a kid).

Problem is both Houndour and Numel, both great Fire-types are available early game, giving little reason to use Flareon.

None of the other Eevee evolutions faces such competion in XD.

Back on topic, if I'm not mistaken, my first was a Squirtle from my Red copy.

Now that I think about it I got my Pokemon Red cartridge before Yellow was released. Has it been that long already? Damn, I've been playing Pokemon for 18 years now.

Edited by Water Mage

I can't speak for Spinoffs, but a large portion of Flareon's problems in the main series stem from horrid Speed and HP, on top of being basically unable to utilize its best stat as competently as other physical Fire types due to lack of a good Fire Type physical move (Flare Blitz does not count as Flareon lacks the HP to competently take the recoil) and generally poor physical movepool variety (It gets some Normal type attacks, notably Return, which basically everything gets anyway).

XD was before gen 4, so no Flare Blitz or Fire Fang for Flareon.

And Shadow Pokémon hit like a truck.

It may have been a Vulpix doll from KFC like 20 years ago. Maybe. I also remember getting a plush Charmander from a family friend, but that may have been after the Vulpix and I can't find it anywhere :(:

There were some machines near the bakery were you would put a coin and then you got a little toy of a random pokémon. My sister got a Charmander and I got a Mareep. Then we traded, since I though Char was way cooler than a yellow sheep, and my sister thought it was cute. The funny part is that today we changed our opinions. I really love Mareep and especially Ampharos, while my sister likes the Charmander's line.

Also, my first game was Diamond, and my starter was a female Chimchar.

Edited by Happiest

Also, my first game was Diamond, and my starter was a female Chimchar.

Whoa nice a female starter, thats an awesome way to start. I have a younger cousin who started with Gen 4 as well, he knows the Gen 4 mons as well as I know the Gen 1 mons, so I thought that was cool.

Playing Gen 4 with him made Gen 4 one of my longest played gens outside of 1, 2 and 3, and probably is part of the reason my interest in Pokemon stuck to even now haha.