New Nintendo Direct this Thursday!

The DanMan

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/30/nintendo-direct-presentation-coming-thursday-upcoming-3ds-games/

Albeit, only for upcoming 3DS games. Nevertheless, it's... something at least. Right?

Outside of Pokemon Sun and Moon, forthcoming releases on the system seem kinda lacking. Not expecting anything longer than 20 minutes.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's actually lots of stuff to talk about:

- Pokemon Sun/Moon

- Dragon Quest 7

- Dragon Quest 8

- SMT IV Apocalypse

- Ace Attorney 6

- Yokai Watch 2

- Ever Oasis

- Sonic Boom

- Mario Party Star Rush

Plus, they could confirm localizations for the following games:

- Etrian Odyssey V

- Theathrhythm Dragon Quest

- Dragon Ball Fusions

- Monster Hunter Stories

- Detective Pikachu

- Picross 3D 2

Plus anything Virtual Console related.

And that's just the stuff we know about. There's obviously going to be something new. There always is.

I hope they an ounce the Hoshidan/Nohrian bonds dlc

Oh yeah, that too.

Another thing they can talk about is details on the upcoming Animal Crossing New Leaf patch (which will make the game compatible with amiibo).

What would be interesting (although improbable) would be if they announced Genealogy of the Holy War for N3DS NA/PAL. But what I sort of want is if they decide to release a DLC for Federation Force where you play as Samus like it should've been.

it says only 3ds elie

lrn2reed

Yea

Get a dang Wi-Fi to Mobile converter and use your 3DS as a mobile device. Makes sense ya

There's actually lots of stuff to talk about:

- Pokemon Sun/Moon

- Dragon Quest 7

- Dragon Quest 8

- SMT IV Apocalypse

- Ace Attorney 6

- Yokai Watch 2

- Ever Oasis

- Sonic Boom

- Mario Party Star Rush

Plus, they could confirm localizations for the following games:

- Etrian Odyssey V

- Theathrhythm Dragon Quest

- Dragon Ball Fusions

- Monster Hunter Stories

- Detective Pikachu

- Picross 3D 2

Plus anything Virtual Console related.

And that's just the stuff we know about. There's obviously going to be something new. There always is.

Damn. I forgot about a lot of those Japanese titles.

Nevermind, then. This could be very interesting.

Is it strange that I'm hyped for this direct just because It's a direct? I mean, how much time passed from the last one we have got?

Anyway, to be honest, I just want some new information about Rhythm Heaven Megamix for Europe, since It hasn't come out yet here.

Is it strange that I'm hyped for this direct just because It's a direct? I mean, how much time passed from the last one we have got?

Anyway, to be honest, I just want some new information about Rhythm Heaven Megamix for Europe, since It hasn't come out yet here.

Nope. I'm hyped just because it's a direct and I love Nintendo Directs. I'm hyped just for Sun/Moon but that's just me. Maybe I get interested in other titles idk.

There's not much I want to see for a 3DS-only direct. If it had NX stuff too, well, that would be a different story. All I can look forward to is Pokemon, if it's there. I would say Detective Pikachu as well, but I thought that was a Wii U game?

I do wish it wasn't just 3DS though, because I want NX news and more on Paper Mario: Color Splash. :(

Edited by Anacybele

Cool, I love watching Directs even though there are only a couple of upcoming games I'm interested in.

It'd be pretty cool to see Ace Attorney 6 getting a mention. I'd be overjoyed if they said something about SMTIV Apocalypse's EU release, but I don't really think they will.

Edited by Carnation

I'm excited because it is another Nintendo Direct. I haven't seen one in ages.

Likewise. It's been far too long since the last Direct.

I'm hoping for some FE DLC news as well, but I'll keep my expectations in check.

What would be interesting (although improbable) would be if they announced Genealogy of the Holy War for N3DS NA/PAL.

I would be lying if I said this wasn't what I hoped for as well. Now that interest in the Fire Emblem franchise is at an all time high, I feel like a localized version of a classic title would sell well and maybe get people to want to buy other older games as well. Heavens know I want to play it; maybe I'd be able to borrow a friend's New 3DS.

Hopefully they also reveal a localization for Dai Gyakuten Saiban, but I doubt it.

Calling it now, NX either revealed in October or delayed to about mid 2017.

Or they'll have a seperate event later this month and want to announce it closer to the actual date.

Considering they announced this 48 hours before it airs, it would make sense.

Another person excited for the Direct just because it's a Direct here. Aside from AA6, Sun/Moon, and possible Festival of Bonds DLC announcement, there's not too much else I'm interested in 3DS wise, though I suppose any new games announced might interest me too.

One upcoming 3DS game I'd love to hear about is Lady Layton, but it might be too early for us. It's supposed to come out in Japan in early 2017, but who knows when it releases here.

I'm also hoping for good news about Dai Gyakuten Saiban's localization, but that seems unlikely.

Calling it now, NX either revealed in October or delayed to about mid 2017.

Quoting the article linked in the OP:

It’s also worth noting that Nintendo says NX will not be discussed or revealed in this broadcast.

So i wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm expecting some new SNES virtual console games for the new 3ds, such as super castlevania 4, sim city, or gradius III. The emulation software for SNES games actually includes a list of titles, many of which (like final fight, kirby's dream course, and FE4) have since been confirmed. Here is the only list i could find that shows which of them were released in english: https://www.pixeldynamo.com/news/gaming/2016/03/10/99943/possible-upcoming-snes-games-3ds-virtual-console/

(note that around a third or the titles on that list have since seen release. There are also a lot of square-enix games on that list, but they seem less willing to do VC re-releases. Ho hope they do, though. I want to play secret of mana.