Your unpopular opinions for general games/media (besides Fire Emblem)?

henrymidfields

Honestly, im going to say that if you cant empathize with Anju in any respect, its likely that you just havent had a lot of real life experiences or cant even contemplate what its like to be in her shoes. Her situation is so very real and relatable, its why shes got such a following in the fandom. Anju never did anything wrong, like ever. Yet shes the sort of person to blame herself for Kafei's disappearance. She tolerates her mother berating her and telling her to basically stop looking for her fiance. (even implying that he ran off with Cremia and basically saying "deal with it") Anju tries her best to do everything she can for people she cares about. She may not be able to cook, and sometimes apologizes too much for being a human being, but shes a good person. A very good person. Its really unfair to say shes an idiot. You dont have to like her but, dang...just dang. Anju is no different from Cremia, in fact, the game kinda shows you this if you look really closely. The two work their arses off constantly, and they both lose someone they love as the result of the game's events. And Link can reverse that in both cases. Its no wonder the two are best friends.

As for Kafei, hes got hella insecurities to not be able to face Anju after the loss of the Sun's Mask. This is likely stemming from the fact hes the son of the Mayor and Madame Aroma. (the latter being the most competent person in Clock Town) To think he got robbed, changed into a child version of himself, he feels like an ape with egg on his face. So he decides to go into hiding and try to solve the problem himself. Its not the smartest course of action, but its a pretty damn human one.

The characters of MM that are explored with more depth are really very human and thats what makes them special.

Speaking if Anju, it's implied that her mother is pushing for Anju to give up marrying Kafei, and her mother is the first to imply that Kafeu might have ran away with Cremia. It's also implied that Anju's mother had a very unhappy.

Watch this video at 4:29

This scene implies that Anju grew up in a very unhappy household with her parents constantly fighting.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i was referencing that convo in my post. I did forget about the quip of "just like your mother's" though. Nice find! But yeah, it also makes Anju all the more relatable tbh. If you visit Romani Ranch on the 3rd day when they retreat there. Her mum is like "i may have been too harsh on Anju..." and goes on about how life is difficult and shit.

Here's my unpopular (?) opinion - Majora's Mask 3D is too easy, and should've had a Hero Mode with the following conditions:

1. Increased damage such that each enemy poses a significant threat to completionists.

2. Weaker potions that heal a % or specific amount of health/magic instead of ALL.

3. Inverted Song of Time is disabled. "Your notes echoed far... but nothing happened."

Later I'm going to do a self-imposed 3-heart run without the Inverted Song of Time.

Edited by Zera

Here's my unpopular (?) opinion - Majora's Mask 3D is too easy, and should've had a Hero Mode with the following conditions:

1. Increased damage such that each enemy poses a significant threat to completionists.

2. Weaker potions that heal a % or specific amount of health/magic instead of ALL.

3. Inverted Song of Time is disabled. "Your notes echoed far... but nothing happened."

Later I'm going to do a self-imposed 3-heart run without the Inverted Song of Time.

Play the better N64 version (my personal unpopular opinion) they totally neutered the difficulty of the first three bosses with this version along with some other desperate and elements (obviously this doesn't make it that much harder it's still Zelda). Like for example I dare you to find the N64 stone mask without a guide and it also makes the side quests a lot more high-stakes since time travel is a lot less forgiving. But a Hero mode would've been nice who knows it might have given that terrible remake more redeeming qualities you know besides better graphics and menus, you know the literal bare minimum you have to get right with a remake... I swear I only dislike the remake more as time passes... Edited by Locke087

wow that is unpopular lol. MM 3DS is in some ways a lot harder. Mostly because the Inverted Song Of Time doesnt slow down twice as much anymore but only like half as much or something. Its so freaking noticeable too. The Gyorg fight was made longer and a little tougher and they totally retooled the Twinmold fight which was a cake walk in the N64 version. MM (both versions) is probably the hardest 3D Zelda. Skyward Sword is tough but for all the wrong reasons.

Play the better N64 version (my personal unpopular opinion) they totally neutered the difficulty of the first three bosses with this version along with some other desperate and elements (obviously this doesn't make it that much harder it's still Zelda). Like for example I dare you to find the N64 stone mask without a guide and it also makes the side quests a lot more high-stakes since time travel is a lot less forgiving. But a Hero mode would've been nice who knows it might have given that terrible remake more redeeming qualities you know besides better graphics and menus, you know the literal bare minimum you have to get right with a remake... I swear I only dislike the remake more as time passes...

I honestly found the placement of the Stone Mask in the 3DS version to be tougher cuz its hard to reach without using hella stealth, but your point does stand. Seeing how Tatl points out where that guy is in the 3DS version. Theres not even a single hint on where he is in the N64 one. (other than the circle of stones which usually would point to a bomb secret) Also, disliking the remake isnt necessarily unpopular. Ive run into hella people who like the original better. Im one of them. I like the remake only for aesthetic reasons (and convenience. Portable MM is nice to have.)

...But a Hero mode would've been nice who knows it might have given that terrible remake more redeeming qualities you know besides better graphics and menus, you know the literal bare minimum you have to get right with a remake... I swear I only dislike the remake more as time passes...

Um... did you even play the remake? There are LOTS of gameplay enhancements. Read all of them -

http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Majora%27s_Mask_3D#Changes_and_Additions

I played the original MM on the GameCube collector's disc. I only made it halfway through Snowhead Temple before the game froze (heh, froze), but I think Majora's Mask 3D is vastly superior to the original. Yes, some bits are easier - Odolwa is a joke now - but for the most part the game is simply more convenient to play. It reveals the fact that MM was never really hard. Some aspects of MM3D are actually harder, like the new Twinmold fight, or how the Inverted Song of Time gives you 200% time instead of 333%

In fact, my only real problems with MM3D are that -

1. The transformation masks aren't mapped to the D-pad, which would have saved MUCH item swapping.

2. The Stone Tower Temple is still mirrored vertically instead of actually turning upside down.

3. There's no Hero Mode like the one I described.

It's well known that the GCN port of MM was rushed and had bugs that didn't exist in the N64 version (heck, the game even gives a disclaimer about audio bugs when loading). I only froze it once, though, I jump-attacked into a pit in Stone Tower Temple.

As someone who played both versions, gotta say I prefer the 3DS version for being more convenient/accessible while still being at its core the same game (with some portions made harder, looking at you, Zora Moon area).

Oldowa and Goht barely changed in practice though, so I guess that's my unpopular opinion of the day. I didn't find them all that different aside from the thematic Majora Eye stuff.

Probably because they aren't in towns and don't feel as...streamlined.

And the Totem Pokemon are very different as bosses compared to the Gym Leaders.

Fair enough I suppose. Those don't feel that big to me (or big enough to warrant the hype, at least) but I do see the point.

Um... did you even play the remake? There are LOTS of gameplay enhancements. Read all of them -

http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Majora's_Mask_3D#Changes_and_Additions

I played the original MM on the GameCube collector's disc. I only made it halfway through Snowhead Temple before the game froze (heh, froze), but I think Majora's Mask 3D is vastly superior to the original. Yes, some bits are easier - Odolwa is a joke now - but for the most part the game is simply more convenient to play. It reveals the fact that MM was never really hard. Some aspects of MM3D are actually harder, like the new Twinmold fight, or how the Inverted Song of Time gives you 200% time instead of 333%

In fact, my only real problems with MM3D are that -

1. The transformation masks aren't mapped to the D-pad, which would have saved MUCH item swapping.

2. The Stone Tower Temple is still mirrored vertically instead of actually turning upside down.

3. There's no Hero Mode like the one I described.

You asked for my rant on the remake here's my rant it's really long so I put it in a spoiler.

Not only did I play the remake I did a 90% completion run of it (I just don't collect all heart pieces and fishing isn't something I do ever, it was a very pointless addition) The first two bosses are a joke they also neutered Goht. The new version of Gyorg made me respect the old version in retrospect who by the way I considered the worst boss in Zelda history before then. Because I was like oh my goodness Gyorg was actually a pretty creative boss before you know they went and turn it into yet another fetching boss that sucks in bombs and no I don't think the 3DS was harder to, this one can be artificially harder if he decides for random reasons not to ever suck in bombs like he did for a little bit my first time battling him but that just makes him annoying and poorly designed not hard.

Oh and Twinmold while yes he is harder and they got close to actually improving them this time for the final phase they decided to be a great idea if they're "there thematic eyeballs" (i'll rant on those more later) were dropped for the last from they made it so that second form could only be hurt by a contextual button press throw while wearing the giants mask, which is horribly conveyed. In twilight princess when they do this crap at least they put the button prompt above the screen of what you're supposed to do, in Majora it popped up too, but only if you're standing right next to tail and you're not slashing you know the primary mode of damaging bosses that the game teach you for out it's entire span and how you kill every boss the original. When I was doing this by I was standers flashing wondering what the heck is going on and I had to look up how to kill this boss that is not just me being thick, because unlike other times in games where I'm being thick I wasn't like oh yeah should've been obvious to me, I was more like oh that is really bad design there's no way I could've known that this point of design has nothing to do with Majora and belongs nowhere in this game so it shouldn't be present so it never came to mind. While majora could be stupidly vague at times with the things like the Stone Mask The job of the remake is to improve these elements not add more of them.

And the worst insult they made to the bosses were there "thematic eyeballs" that are only thematic in how artistically bankrupt they are and how do not belong in this game. That are stapled to the bosses as if they're weak points were not obvious enough already that needed a massive eye to yell at me this is the weak point! They are massive literally eyesores, that have zero purpose in being in this game and only serve to harm it.

Oh and there's more artistically bankrupt changes they made that nobody asked for, that only provide the slightest increase in convenient. Who would ever open a place of business behind a clock tower, there's a business district that's been clearly placed in Majora get the bank has been moved from it for your tiny three second convenience. Yes we have sacrificed the immersion of this town the best town in video game history to shave off three seconds of your time, look at our absolute commitment to world building oh wait no the world is bending over backwards for the player instead of existing on its own.

And then we get to the other things that they "improved" like swimming, yeah so swimming has been improved so much that if you so much is a dare do the egg side quest without romani's milk you sure as heck are going to be swimming slower than fetching molasses turning this previously telephone mission that gave you an excuse to flip though the ocean like a dolphin, into a slow monotonous drag through the ocean and you know what the worst part was I forgot to bring a bottle so I do that slow monotonous drag twice. Well I've never been the biggest fan of the great bay temple (though It has grown on me over the years) but I always liked the great bay area, in the 3DS remake I dread the entire area, an optional item should not be the requirement to enjoying an area. I know how to get to the other thing they messed up in the great bay the Ice Arrows you might say well this change functionally changes nothing and you're right, but it's pointless, stupid, and makes the ice arrows feel like this contextual item that do nothing rather, than this fun mode of expression that you can shoot anywhere and jump on. That freedom provide something that was really cool, but this remake said freedom pfff that's overrated.

Even the things that I think are improvements still are half baked, which I agree with the improving of the location of the Stone Mask the thing was literally impossible to find without a guide, though you'll will never forget it once you figure it out. But it is not ever told to the player that they should ever go ahead area to look for a mask. The new location is fine I like that it encouraged you to go through at least half of the pirate fortress with stealth first. But it's the old location kind of made more since from a story perspective. I also liked that it encourages you to go somewhere that you otherwise would not, also because Zelda is not a steath game I think encouragement to explore the world more is the better incentive give players. So I think it would've been better if they just have placed a LOT better hint that you should be looking there and then had Talt tell you that you're getting close to the person's location when you neared it.

The Nerf to the song the inverted time was nice and all but it it doesn't affect the game really since made the fairies are tiny bit easier to find and on my full completion of the temples run stray fairies and all I still had several hours of the third day left for every temple ( The only exception was stone tower because I was stuck at the boss because of the aforementioned being stuck at the boss because of a certain contextual button press throw) and never once was hurt by time while there was a little bit of a fun rush to turn in my stray fairies time is not really all that crunched effectively all it does is make it impossible 2 day Snowhead in the effort in an effort to not have to reset the area to get the gilded sword, not that I mind I love fighting Goht.

I'm very torn on the changes to the song of double time on one hand I totally understand them, and all the other I think it's just a little too overpowered it basically destroys the planning aspects of majora's mask now you just let's warp to this time and do this thing, making the side quests feel more like disconnected events then and do the thing instead of days spent helping out the people of the town yeah resulted in some literal waiting around if you didn't plan well but it made it feel more like events. Maybe a song that speed up time a bit more instead of completely skipping it would've been better I don't know the new song of double time just felt like nuking the problem from orbit rather than just solving it would be like fixing when wind wakers long travel distances by immediately teaching you the warp song. I don't know maybe I'm just weird, it's my favorite game of all time after all.

So yeah in the end I just enjoyed every aspect of the N64 version more the only thing is that the 3DS improved for me personally are the controls, menu's, and graphics (and the bombers notebook I guess but it's not like I ever used that thing in the first place), everything else in my opinion is half baked and feels like Nintendo bending over backwards to appease the haters of majora rather than just making logical improvements to the game. Majora's mask has been my favorite Zelda game for the longest time, and this is the least faithful remake Nintendo has ever produced it shows that they utterly disrespect the greatest game they've ever produced, but this is always been a apparent as Nintendo has never learned from any of the things that are present in Majora (well maybe Breath of the Wild might learn a little bit), from the incredible town that is terminal, to the incredible side quest, to the actually engaging in worthwhile completion masks and stray fairies are still the only objects in a Zelda game I felt any desire to collect (I guess Mama Mia's babies in Link Between Worlds are an exception but no 3D Zelda has actually learned), and most of all the thing that I don't think they will ever learn the benefits of putting Ganondorf, Zelda, and the entire Zelda continuum inside a bucket. As much as I wanted to I could not love this remake, I so badly wanted a way to play Majora without is archaic graphics, controls, and menus and maybe some SMALL changes here and there like they did at every other Zelda remake, but sadly unless they are willing to reverse some of these changes in later remakes I guess I'm stuck with the N64 version forever.

Edited by Locke087

Now that we are on the subject of Majora and its 3ds version I have an unpopular opinion on that as well. Or at least I assume its unpopular since I'm going to argue against convenience.

I dislike the new handling of the song of double time. I find that being able to skip forward time to whatever hour you desire to go against the theme of the game. Time isn't supposed to be Link's bitch in this game, if anything its supposed to be the opposite arrangement. It also removes the ability to strategically plan out your activities.

Going out into the world or explore the city some more while you waited for the right time was part of the games charm.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Yeah i was referencing that convo in my post. I did forget about the quip of "just like your mother's" though. Nice find! But yeah, it also makes Anju all the more relatable tbh. If you visit Romani Ranch on the 3rd day when they retreat there. Her mum is like "i may have been too harsh on Anju..." and goes on about how life is difficult and shit.

You can make all the arguments you want, but it's not going to change my opinion, you know. Anju is not relatable to me at all and I still think she's an annoying idiot.

I'm also surprised that Cremia still calls Anju her friend after the latter stole Kafei from her. True best friends don't steal your crush from you. That's the biggest form of heartbreak ever. I can't imagine going through what Cremia did with Kafei picking Anju over her. You could argue that if Kafei had chosen Cremia, she would've then stolen him from Anju, but we don't know who loved him first. So I just assume Cremia did since her crush is emphasized more as far as I've seen.

Cremia is more relatable to me by far. Working hard and doing well at your job, yet being harassed by others and rejected by a crush...I know what that's like.

Edited by Anacybele

Now that we are on the subject of Majora and its 3ds version I have an unpopular opinion on that as well. Or at least I assume its unpopular since I'm going to argue against convenience.

I dislike the new handling of the song of double time. I find that being able to skip forward time to whatever hour you desire to go against the theme of the game. Time isn't supposed to be Link's bitch in this game, if anything its supposed to be the opposite arrangement. It also removes the ability to strategically plan out your activities.

Going out into the world or explore the city some more while you waited for the right time was part of the games charm.

I agree at this... in fact if you read my wall you'll see it in it. It felt like they were trying to nuke peoples problems Majora from orbit rather than just adding a simpler solution like a song that speeds up time a little bit (i'm talking something small like a 50% increase) something that would make side quest like anju & kafai a little more bearable for those who refuse the plan and maybe help get across the message that they should. Being able to warp at to any place and time is just way too overpower and destroys that entire aspect of the game it's like answering peoples complaint that there's too much travel time in the Wind Waker by giving them the power to teleport onto any grid in the sea.

Personally, I think it would be cool if The Ballad of Gales was revamped to be "Any Island you talked to a fishman at" rather than the sometimes obligatory presets (Southern Fairy Island? Why?)

This way, you have to sail to Island X at least once, but you don't have to repeat doing so if you don't want to. And it makes filling out the chart an even better idea.

I agree at this... in fact if you read my wall you'll see it in it. It felt like they were trying to nuke peoples problems Majora from orbit rather than just adding a simpler solution like a song that speeds up time a little bit (i'm talking something small like a 50% increase) something that would make side quest like anju & kafai a little more bearable for those who refuse the plan and maybe help get across the message that they should. Being able to warp at to any place and time is just way too overpower and destroys that entire aspect of the game it's like answering peoples complaint that there's too much travel time in the Wind Waker by giving them the power to teleport onto any grid in the sea.

Matthewmathosis has a pretty in depth analysis of Majora and he argues that speeding up time might lead to problems with the AI since they are on a predetermined scedule.

I think a good solution would have been to expand on the song in a less powerful way. Give more options to skip time forward but not to every hour you might wish.

Matthewmathosis has a pretty in depth analysis of Majora and he argues that speeding up time might lead to problems with the AI since they are on a predetermined scedule.

I think a good solution would have been to expand on the song in a less powerful way. Give more options to skip time forward but not to every hour you might wish.

Yeah I watched it, and it's really good. Matt awesome and i'm subbed to him in quite a few people like him. But it's has been quite a few years since that N64 came out and technology has advanced quite a bit I think they could do it now... if not they could just do what you said but I personally think too much temptation for the developers to make it not make it overpowered.

Personally, I think it would be cool if The Ballad of Gales was revamped to be "Any Island you talked to a fishman at" rather than the sometimes obligatory presets (Southern Fairy Island? Why?)This way, you have to sail to Island X at least once, but you don't have to repeat doing so if you don't want to. And it makes filling out the chart an even better idea.

Have you ever played a recent Bethesda RPG? This is basically what they do and I think it takes away from the exploration there's basically no incentive to walk anywhere more than once. While they're genuine advocates of this kind of fast travel I'm personally against these days, especially in a Zelda game which you really do usually do not have that big of worlds so doing this kind of thing is massive overkill. I know the temptation is way too great for me and I would never step foot on the great sea from moment the point mid game started (already spent enough warping as it is in Zelda). Do you really feel that the travel times are still not short enough even with the fast sail... Edited by Locke087

Yeah I watched it, and it's really good. Matt awesome and i'm subbed to him in quite a few people like him. But it's has been quite a few years since that N64 came out and technology has advanced quite a bit I think they could do it now... if not they could just do what you said but I personally think too much temptation for the developers to make it not make it overpowered.

Have you ever played a recent Bethesda RPG? This is basically what they do and I think it takes away from the exploration there's basically no incentive to walk anywhere more than once. While they're genuine advocates of this kind of fast travel I'm personally against these days, especially in a Zelda game which you really do usually do not have that big of worlds so doing this kind of thing is massive overkill. I know the temptation is way too great for me and I would never step foot on the great sea from moment the point mid game started (already spent enough warping as it is in Zelda). Do you really feel that the travel times are still not short enough even with the fast sail...

That's why I said include registering via the Fishmen? It's convenient if you want to go back, and you can still explore the sector for Big Octo/Towers/Submarines/etc. There's nothing stopping you from doing so if you want the rewards.

I actually liked the Wind Waker's overworld and didn't mind the travel times even in the GCN version, but I think improving the warp system for even more convenience can be very helpful overall.

That said I haven't played the game you mentioned, I'm just pretty much always for something that makes things more convenient.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

That's why I said include registering via the Fishmen? It's convenient if you want to go back, and you can still explore the sector for Big Octo/Towers/Submarines/etc. There's nothing stopping you from doing so if you want the rewards.I actually liked the Wind Waker's overworld and didn't mind the travel times even in the GCN version, but I think improving the warp system for even more convenience can be very helpful overall.That said I haven't played the game you mentioned, I'm just pretty much always for something that makes things more convenient.

Well fast travel is not perfect in the wind waker they could definitely have more centralized locations as warp points (this would be the correct solution by the way), I think it would still overall hurt the game. The Wind Waker admittedly would have a slight nerf on this because you have to feed the fish (and this is a system I would prefer to Bethesda's is which is you walk to the place and it immediately can be traveled to) maybe a system that something of a mix of this and the Witcher 3's system would you see in Witcher you could only fast travel at signposts to other sign posts so maybe making it so you have to be by the fish that's fast travel would make it a little less overkill.

Trust me when I say this when you go totally overboard on fast travel you'll end up feeling like an errand and you sit in load screens for half the game. It ends up being like this, go to this place, do the thing, fast travel, be at place, do the thing, fast travel, be at next place, do the thing, etc. In other words it makes the game more linear cause it encourages you to just keep following a current quest line and never deviate. You're so busy being an errand boy doing things around the world that you forget actually explore because now you're never forced to be in that world, so you just mainline the game (this is exactly what happened to me in Fallout 4). You may say at the time you will explore but eventually you will devolve into this pattern, it's just the psychological mindset this type of fast travel give to a player.

@Locke087 I have responded to your wall of text! *Moon crashes*

Odolwa and Goht

While I think the new Odolwa is too easy, I also recognize that he's the first boss and younger players with few heart pieces will fight him, so I respect Nintendo's decision to make him a joke. Goht, however, was really fun and appears unchanged from the N64 version.

Gyorg
I've only seen the N64 Gyorg, but the new one seems better with an extra phase. For the record, all you have to do is boost toward him and curve away to make him suck in a bomb you detached - it's not random. It's a good boss.
Twinmold

Did you know? There are two ways to damage Twinmold after knocking it down - grab its throat and choke it, or grab its tail and swing it around. While swinging, you can rotate the control stick to swing it faster and deal more damage - there's no indication of this, but at least it makes sense as a Mario 64 reference. The real problem with the Twinmold fight is the complete lack of feedback when trying to knock it down. There's no way to know the damage it takes while flying is healed when it goes underground. Ultimately though, it's a decent boss.

Eyeballs
The eyeballs are nothing more than an extra feedback for exploiting the bosses' weaknesses. Since all the bosses were created with Majora's magic, the eyeballs make sense and do not harm the game for me.
The Banker

Personally, I'm willing to trade immersion for convenience. Even so, it the banker were on the back of the Clock Tower in the N64 version, I doubt you would complain about his current location. Saying the world "bends backwards" for the player is a terrible exaggeration as the world is 99% identical to the original. If you're gonna be petty about something, it should be that the Inverted Stone Tower Temple is still fake.

"Zora swimming is Too Damn Slow."

You can still press R without magic for bursts of speed, Green Potions are TEN rupees in the Magic Hag's Potion Shop, and magic jars are always found in areas where you need them. Going slow is completely optional, and I found the Great Bay area to be fine without the Chateau Romani.

Ice Arrows

I agree that making the Ice Arrows so... scripted reduces the immersion. But since they seem to have NO practical use outside the dungeon, it's not a big deal.
Stone Mask
The problem with the N64 Stone Mask is that the chance of a player (even the explorative type) finding it before finishing the Pirate's Fortress is about 0%, making it pointless. By placing it halfway through the Fortress, not only do more players get to use it, but some of the stealth is now required. It's an overall improvement.
Inverted Song of Time

The new ISoT is definitely an improvement, but I still wish it were disabled in a Hero Mode.
Song of Double Time

I believe the SoDT is fine because players who spend each 3-day cycle on just one quest will take much longer to finish the game, so they're still punished for lack of strategy. As I played, I tried thinking of how to optimize my questing, so that element has not disappeared.

If you want a game with as much world building and atmosphere as Majora's Mask, I highly recommend Pandora's Tower for the Wii and eShop.

@Locke087 I have responded to your wall of text! *Moon crashes*

Odolwa and Goht

While I think the new Odolwa is too easy, I also recognize that he's the first boss and younger players with few heart pieces will fight him, so I respect Nintendo's decision to make him a joke. Goht, however, was really fun and appears unchanged from the N64 version.

Gyorg

I've only seen the N64 Gyorg, but the new one seems better with an extra phase. For the record, all you have to do is boost toward him and curve away to make him suck in a bomb you detached - it's not random. It's a good boss.Twinmold

Did you know? There are two ways to damage Twinmold after knocking it down - grab its throat and choke it, or grab its tail and swing it around. While swinging, you can rotate the control stick to swing it faster and deal more damage - there's no indication of this, but at least it makes sense as a Mario 64 reference. The real problem with the Twinmold fight is the complete lack of feedback when trying to knock it down. There's no way to know the damage it takes while flying is healed when it goes underground. Ultimately though, it's a decent boss.

Eyeballs

The eyeballs are nothing more than an extra feedback for exploiting the bosses' weaknesses. Since all the bosses were created with Majora's magic, the eyeballs make sense and do not harm the game for me.The Banker

Personally, I'm willing to trade immersion for convenience. Even so, it the banker were on the back of the Clock Tower in the N64 version, I doubt you would complain about his current location. Saying the world "bends backwards" for the player is a terrible exaggeration as the world is 99% identical to the original. If you're gonna be petty about something, it should be that the Inverted Stone Tower Temple is still fake.

"Zora swimming is Too Damn Slow."

You can still press R without magic for bursts of speed, Green Potions are TEN rupees in the Magic Hag's Potion Shop, and magic jars are always found in areas where you need them. Going slow is completely optional, and I found the Great Bay area to be fine without the Chateau Romani.

Ice Arrows

I agree that making the Ice Arrows so... scripted reduces the immersion. But since they seem to have NO practical use outside the dungeon, it's not a big deal.Stone Mask

The problem with the N64 Stone Mask is that the chance of a player (even the explorative type) finding it before finishing the Pirate's Fortress is about 0%, making it pointless. By placing it halfway through the Fortress, not only do more players get to use it, but some of the stealth is now required. It's an overall improvement.Inverted Song of Time

The new ISoT is definitely an improvement, but I still wish it were disabled in a Hero Mode.Song of Double Time

I believe the SoDT is fine because players who spend each 3-day cycle on just one quest will take much longer to finish the game, so they're still punished for lack of strategy. As I played, I tried thinking of how to optimize my questing, so that element has not disappeared.

If you want a game with as much world building and atmosphere as Majora's Mask, I highly recommend Pandora's Tower for the Wii and eShop.

I commend you for doing so here's my response...

Goht didn't change that much but is slightly easier (he goes down a little faster on average) while not a huge thing it's still weird and random, why would you make him slightly easier to the point that it's hardly noticeable? I just don't understand why change occurred there. Odolwa used to be this quality capstone that capped off the best beginning dungeon in Zelda. Beginning dungeon in Zelda are usually of low-quality and this one is actually good, and now they ruin the boss of one the few good ones, the worst part about that is they added some variety to his pattern as well but all pointless cause they made him so much easier overall that he is a joke.

I did that with Gyorg and he kept spamming fish at me.. admittedly I wasn't getting close enough sometimes, but I eventually figured out that you have to get closer. Still he's yet another boss that sucks in bombs and I think we have enough of those in Zelda and I didn't need that type of boss retroactively brought into majora's mask, before hand had a two pronged phase where you had to hit on with your bow and then dive below in order to get him with your Zora suit (it basically was a harder non-joke version of the first phase which was a joke in this remake). Not saying this boss was a masterpiece, in fact before hand it was my least favorite boss in Zelda. But when I found out the 3DS version was version even worse, something that I didn't think was possible, it kind of pissed me off because not only was he yet another bomb boss but he was a annoying to fight bomb boss.

I guess that's kind of cute that you can do that with twinmold it doesn't change my problem with this version, it still requires to do a contextual button press will wearring the giants mask that's bad design and I will not excuse it. While this boss fight was kind of a step in the right direction it shouldn't be half baked and we should accept half baked, lest these errors become the future template for all future remakes of Majora.

Also I forgot about it but did you know that in the N64 version you used to be able to defeat all four bosses with the Fierce Deity Mask, you can't do that now because Twinmold and Gyogy we're change in ways that make that not possible.

Tell me what are the eyeballs add to the game, excessive feedback hurting the bosses... do they and anything symbolically significant, we already knew that they Spawned from Majora, but there being as a whole is spawned from majora not just there eye. And if you're going to add this for a few mad at consistency will keep your dang the themactic consistency because they drop this for the second phase of Twinmold, Gyorg and most importantly they don't have a present for Majora. If you want to add a thematic connection between bosses you have to be consistent you can't just randomly drop it. This is adding a artistically inconsistent item to majora it doesn't need to be there if you wanted to add this actually dedicate yourself to it. This kind of had hazard style of addition to what I view as artistic masterpiece is a frankly an insult, it's like if the added massive bumps to the front of every colossus and then randomly removed it for some in shadow of the colossus.

I know it's weird to complain about but I legitimately bothered me what they do at the baker yes I probably wouldn't complain about it if the banker was that with N64 bruising but term no wouldn't be the best town ever made in any video game ever if that was true as well.

Book what does slower swimming possibly add other than possible annoyance, apparently it was supposed to improve the great bay temple that I played them side by side it doesn't really make it that much better. What I love here is that you're arguing that things should be done like this for the sake of convenience yet you're telling me that I should sacrifice my convenience in this case for no good reason. Having faster simming why always what's more convenient made traveling actually fun in and you didn't have to stock up on magic, and you didn't have to look for and hope for pots. It was just fun flipping through the ocean like a dolphin. Look here's my big argument here overland you have two fast modes of travel that require no magic, you have your horse and the bunny hood, on the sea the Zora mask is your only option for travel, so it's like if the only faster mode of travel in the whole game was the Goron Mask that's what they did to the sea they took away the only convenient reliable fast mode of travel. Also the small boosting you can do as a replacement is pitiful and stupid, it's the same as rolling endlessly acrossed fields, one my favorite things about majora is the bunny hood made this not I thing in that game, so no that's small boost does nothing to remedy the situation.

Just because it's a small change doesn't mean we should give the developers a pass on it. The ocarina of time remake has ice arrows done correctly, there's no reason this remake had to Nerf ice arrows we should not allow them to get away with that just because it's small, it's still a thing that should not have happened.

I know the Stone Mask is impossible to find in the N64 version I wasn't saying it should remain impossible to find I just think the game should just give you a very solid hint around the time you're as your about to go to the great bay area that now encourage you to go explore Ikana Canyon, I say this because it's old location made more sense from a story perspective as well and since Zelda is not a stealth game I think encouraging exploration is more important than stealth. Overall one of the few changes I am okay with, but I think it could've been done even better.

I think the neft to the inverted song was an improvement, I just don't think it realistically changes the game all that much... I didn't even know it was a thing until someone told me. There is no harm in this one I just didn't even notice it was a difference overall I can't complain about that one.

Unless I am speed runner being slightly less efficient with time is not much of a deterrent. And for the record I still beat the game in under 33 hours to total completion while abusing the heck out of that song, so its not a bad time. I still think the new song is to OP I guess I can limit it myself, but I won't count that since it's like saying Pokémon X is not too easy because you can Nuslock it.

Edited by Locke087

There is actually a remake where most of the people agree is better than the original?

Maybepokemonred/blue/greenremakes

We talking just remakes or does this include remasters? Unless there's some major laziness in the making remaster, remasters are usually positive....

For remakes some are divisive but most are received fairly well, there is stuff like Pokémon HGSS, Ocarina of Time 3D, and Twilight Princess HD (didn't live up to peoples expectations of what it could be, but few would argue it's worse than the original). Then you got things are kind of more like a reboot like the new Ratchet and Clank game that people seem to like. Of course there's always that person that I want to breathe learn reason or another even if the changes are super minor prefers the original I for one usually like remake better unless they messed everything up like Majora 3D did.

Edited by Locke087

"Goht didn't change that much but is slightly easier (he goes down a little faster on average) while not a huge thing it's still weird and random, why would you make him slightly easier to the point that it's hardly noticeable?"

People complained that Goht took too long to kill. Even Matthewmatosis said the fight can go on for quite a while. Now that it's fixed, Goht is like, the best boss ever.
"Still he's yet another boss that sucks in bombs and I think we have enough of those in Zelda"
But this one is unique! It's an underwater twist to a classic boss type. I don't know what else they could've done with Gyorg because his design is fairly generic - he's just a giant fish. Maybe you could utilize Zora Link's speed to chase him around, but then he'd start to feel like Goht, who's already in the game.

"keep your dang the thematic consistency, because they drop this for the second phase of Twinmold, Gyorg, and most importantly they don't have a present for Majora."

I have no idea what you're saying here, because all three of these bosses do in fact have Majora eyes.
"what does slower swimming possibly add other than possible annoyance"

Rebalanced gameplay. It makes green potions and Chateau Romani more valuable, and makes Zora Link closer to Goron Link in that your basic travel is faster than normal, but you can spend magic for an attack and even more speed. TBH the normal swimming isn't even slow.

"Just because it's a small change doesn't mean we should give the developers a pass on it. The ocarina of time remake has ice arrows done correctly, there's no reason this remake had to Nerf ice arrows we should not allow them to get away with that just because it's small, it's still a thing that should not have happened."

Do you ever rate a game 10/10? I dare you to play Sin & Punishment: Star Successor and criticize that.

Edited by Zera

Most all remakes of NES games for starters.

It's a good thing you said most, because I could easily cite SNES Ninja Gaiden trilogy as being inferior to their NES originals haha.