Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, you were braver than I was, haha. I only had the guts to beat each Fates route on Normal, and then I lost the cartridge soon after, so I can't go back and try another difficulty anymore.

But sadly Azura and Camilla died on the last level. Azura died my me thinking that a master ninja cannot double her, and Camilla died by a dual strike by me misreading the enemy border. It had the largest consistency gameplay wise for the series that I had played, makes me appreciate the game more. 

At least they were nice enough to not die before the last chapter. Conquest definitely has some pretty good gameplay, probably the best out of the 3DS games at least. Although I prefer the cast in Birthright, so I'm not sure which version I would get first if I ever decide to rebuy it.

Edited by DefaultBeep

I first did Hard Conquest, and then Hard Birthright and Revelation. Afterwards I did Lunatic BR, and I have a Lunatic Rev that is at the final chapter. Just gotta go for the 1 turn on Anankos and then take the tedious rest of the fight (some like it, I don't) slowly. I never did grinding, but I did take my time sometimes. Master Ninja Jakob via S Kagero was fun, I gave him the Chakram and easy Replicate is neat. Xander on the other hand failed to proc Defense more than twice. I did use a little online support grinding for Wyvern Lords Camilla, Hinoka, and Oboro, and I made Leo a Dark Falcon. +6 Spd in just one levelup + class change is so useful, although it does hurt his tanking potential. Worth it for Rev though.

Lunatic CQ I had to cheat and use VP/BP items on, they're massively helpful and I couldn't have survived C10 without them- although some of the freebies are too good. And I need to get past Fuga's nightmare of a fight. After that it should be smooth sailing.

Gameplay is more important than plot when I replay a game, but the characters are just as important to me, since I'll be using them for the entire game. Which is why I'm glad that Awakening has the Einherjar, so I can patch up the gaps in my team with people I actually like :P

Fun Fact @SullyMcGully: Vaike is one of my least favorite Awakening characters. He was an interest choice for a comparison indeed.

The Einherjar were good fanservice, and useful as well. I once did an Awakening run consisting of nothing but Einherjar, none of those that start super strong though. I remember Arthur had good Def, but bad Magic- Lex was obviously his father. I think I picked Matthew for a thief and Maris for a merc.

And I don't like it that Awakening has no playable barbarians, or that the second gen has two mercenaries. Say'ri's barbarian son exists and you can't convince me otherwise!

232, you forgot to count @SullyMcGully!

14 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I don't like Vaike that much, but he's pretty much your only axe user and I love axe users so I put up with his nonsense.

I ended up just suffering without an axe user. Awakening isn't exactly a super stressful experience on Normal anyway; if I'm being honest, I tend to just ignore the weapon triangle there for the most part. I play Awakening very differently from how I play every other FE game, heh.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Einherjar were good fanservice, and useful as well. I once did an Awakening run consisting of nothing but Einherjar, none of those that start super strong though. I remember Arthur had good Def, but bad Magic- Lex was obviously his father. I think I picked Matthew for a thief and Maris for a merc.

And I don't like it that Awakening has no playable barbarians, or that the second gen has two mercenaries. Say'ri's barbarian son exists and you can't convince me otherwise!

Luckily the Einherjar had some decent growths, since they couldn't benefit as much from Pair Up without any Supports. I pretty much always use mainly Einherjar when I play, with the exception of a few favorites that are actually from Awakening.

Yeah, I don't fully get the lack of axe users in Awakening. All the more reason to make Dagdar a permanent member of the team, I suppose.

Well for natural axe users, we get Vaike, Cherche, and Frederick. Later, as in MUCH later, we get Flavia, Basilio, Walhart and Priam. As for building weapon rank on those who don't start with a weapon type, it isn't too bad for axes, lances, and tomes if you can get some units to snowball into juggernauts. Since tomes always have 1-2 range and axes and lances get it cheaply buyable at D rank. Snowballed juggernauts + 1-2 range = weapon ranks in a blink of an eye.

Bows have it even worse than axes, it's just Virion, Noire if you breed her, and much later Basilio. Building bow rank is awful since Awakening without galegrind is enemy phase dominated. Virion has issues getting off the ground, and Noire too has only a C Bow rank to start. Which is why buying Jamke is the best thing you can do for a bow user.

9 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

I don't like Vaike that much, but he's pretty much your only axe user and I love axe users so I put up with his nonsense.

I never really used Vaike longterm tbh. You don't really need axes when you can just magic everything to dead, and hero!Cordelia is a pretty good axe user if you really want one.