FE10 Tierlist 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, "but Swordmasters" (and/or Generals) basically translate to "1RKO's". You know, minorities. 

And in what world is Oscar a fucking 7. His fix is rather quick, and pays off really well for most of Part 3 & 4. The damage output differential between and Titania is pretty massive. The thing is, though, Adept isn't a terrible idea on him, given that he does couple with it well once he caps Spd and 9 Mov. Both of them of fixed in pretty much the same way, by either some levelling or a Speedwings (Titania much prefers the Speedwings).

^ Did you refer to my comment?

I even said that a 7 is too low. I gave him a 8, so the gap between him and Titania is fixed.

Also the only difference between Oscar and Titania is that her output damage is higher than Oscar's. No really reason for me to make a huge difference between these two.

i'm trying to remember if there's anything worth stealing in part 3?  i guess the storm swords are all i can think of.

you could save money by getting weapons i guess, but it's not like you have braves or bolting like in part 4.  

I never saw that setup to be anything fancy. Now that you mention it, though, it can come pretty handy. Even if you're not using Heather "seriously" (as in, actually raising her; something I pretty much always do), she fills in the actual role of thieving well. She doubles throughout Part 3, and her good bio keeps her rather dodgy as well as it aids her activation rate.

EDIT: fuck I just realise you can actually combo with Adept and even base Pass (considering there's basically a spare one)

Edited by Soul~!

Heather should be much higher. Disarm + Steal is incredibly useful utility. I'd put her at about 7/10.

Seriously there's nothing really important to steal except for Lombroso's energy drop in 3-5 and some goodies in 3-2 which don't require disarm: storm sword, elixir, statue frog (for making money). Only the horseslayer from the general would be worth to get against the paladins in 3-5 (if you don't give the horseslayer from the shop in 2-3 to the GM's). It's the only time you really need disarm. All the other weapons aren't really mentionable since she can't even steal everything with her low base strength. And it's not worth the effort to throw energy drops in her to make her steal bolting in 3-F.

Too be fair... If you steal a lot of weapons you both save on replacement costs and have more cash for forges. Not to mention that disarmed enemies are no threat and can be safely EXP-farmed by weaker members. Not saying it's worth bumping her up a tier, just that it has it's uses even if she's just stealing baseline stuff whenever disarm gets triggered.

On 2/26/2017 at 10:55 PM, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

Seriously there's nothing really important to steal except for Lombroso's energy drop in 3-5 and some goodies in 3-2 which don't require disarm: storm sword, elixir, statue frog (for making money). Only the horseslayer from the general would be worth to get against the paladins in 3-5 (if you don't give the horseslayer from the shop in 2-3 to the GM's). It's the only time you really need disarm. All the other weapons aren't really mentionable since she can't even steal everything with her low base strength. And it's not worth the effort to throw energy drops in her to make her steal bolting in 3-F.

Wouldn't the Storm Sword require Disarm, since the General with it starts with it equipped? (He does have a Steel Sword as a backup weapon, but I doubt I've seen him use it.)

7 hours ago, Snowy_One said:

Too be fair... If you steal a lot of weapons you both save on replacement costs and have more cash for forges. Not to mention that disarmed enemies are no threat and can be safely EXP-farmed by weaker members. Not saying it's worth bumping her up a tier, just that it has it's uses even if she's just stealing baseline stuff whenever disarm gets triggered.

Agreed 100%.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Wouldn't the Storm Sword require Disarm, since the General with it starts with it equipped? (He does have a Steel Sword as a backup weapon, but I doubt I've seen him use it.)

You can make him to use the steel sword, if you place an unit unequipped in his melee attack range. He'd go for the more accurate weapon, the steel sword, I always do it with Shinon because of his provoke.

On 2/26/2017 at 6:15 PM, Radiant head said:

i'm trying to remember if there's anything worth stealing in part 3?  i guess the storm swords are all i can think of.

you could save money by getting weapons i guess, but it's not like you have braves or bolting like in part 4.  

Other than the stat boosters the two physic staves in 3-7 are pretty nice.

Edited by Sweet_Basil

13 hours ago, Snowy_One said:

I was going to say this, but then Fake BLS refuted by saying that she can't even carry them weapons, which is true. 

12 minutes ago, Sweet_Basil said:

Other than the stat boosters the two physic staves in 3-7 are pretty nice.

Aren't those equipped on the enemy, though? And I doubt they could survive even a Bowgun.

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I was going to say this, but then Fake BLS refuted by saying that she can't even carry them weapons, which is true. 

The only weapons that Heather would have issue stealing are the steel heavies, off the top of my head.

2 hours ago, Soul~! said:

aka the only relevant weapons

I very much disagree. On average you'll 2HKO with a weapon with the occasional spike to 3-4 with the rare divot to one due to crit/OP'ed. An Iron sword costs 500 gold and has 50 uses. That's about 22-23 KO's on average. Since you'll probably want to crack out the better weapons only when you need them (and are strong enough, but that's beside the point) you'll likely want to use Iron Weapons as much as possible until later on. I don't know the sale price, especially for weapons that have been used, but every weapon Heather steals can be sold for cash which can be turned into forged weapons. Just by using the sword Heather stole in place of buying a replacement you could spend the 500 gold to basically outfit ten units with +1 MT iron weapons or one unit with a +3 Iron Sword. A.K.A. A 9 MT Iron Sword. A.K.A. 'just as strong and more durable than steel sword'. Since said Forged Iron Sword has 10 extra uses that's also about 4-ish more enemies killed with it. Best part is that said forge is not using up all the gold you saved by not buying another iron weapon so you'll still come off with just a smidge of profit.

Basically, it's not just getting good weapons, it's not having to spend money to replace mundane weapons and using the savings to buy better weapons. A Forged Iron sword is more accurate than steel (90 vs. 85), weighs less (7 vs. 11), and can be used by D-rank sword users. Now, GRANTED, it gives less WEXP, but that's a relatively minor drawback on the whole.

Even if you stole a bronze weapon that you had 0 intention of using, just turning around, selling it, then using the money to buy a forged with the extra income for a net 0 cost is a positive. This holds true for all forgable weapon-types as well. The income from not having to replace your trash-clearing weapon can be diverted to forged weapons.

Once again, I'm not saying Heather, or any unit who can be a reliable part of the disarm/steal combo, should move up. What I am saying is that just focusing on stealing the steel and/or specialty stuff is really limiting your potential.

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Aren't those equipped on the enemy, though? And I doubt they could survive even a Bowgun.

The only weapons that Heather would have issue stealing are the steel heavies, off the top of my head.

Disarm on Heather works better on that chapter if you want the two physic staves.

doesn't it make sense to put disarm on someone else so that she can steal on the same turn?  or are we counting on disarm on enemy phase only

also i just trained kurthnaga, and he's actually p good.  this could just be a pemn thing but he capped str and spd extremely quickly with paragon/resolve in e-2 and s strike was sufficient to become a powerhouse.  not really that worth it, but it also didn't really cost much, besides turn count.  

Edited by Radiant head

On March 1, 2017 at 11:28 PM, Sweet_Basil said:

Disarm on Heather works better on that chapter if you want the two physic staves.

I doubt that'd work, because they'd just re-equip their stuff, in all likelihood.