If you were a Fire Emblem character conforming to one of the FE character archetypes, what archetype would you be?

Folt

And would there be any notable differences or divergences between you and the archetype of your choice?

So, I actually think I'd want to be of the Jagen archetype. I'd be the promoted crutch you rely on at the beginning of the game, do the damage needed so that the other units could finish off enemies, yadda yadda. I'd have a mount and have reasonable defenses for the beginning so I don't easily get killed.

Unlike the other Jagens, the base class of my promoted class is a dark magic user, and the promoted class is a mounted hybrid fighter/caster, though I have higher ranks in spellcasting. Early on, the stats and the weapons given to me will make me a reasonably effective hybrid character that will deal good damage to enemies at the beginning, but the only weapons I have are the weakest ranked ones of the types that I can use.

In terms of starting bases, there's some anomalies: My internal level let's me gain experience according to a Lv. 11 character (with my actual level being Lv. 1) though that still guarantees that I won't gain much experience from killing mooks. I start with 31 HP, my Strength and Magic are rather high, Skill is abnormally high (though the weapons I start with except for my trump weapon can't crit so this only ensures that I have very good hit and be guaranteed to weaken units), and my Speed is high enough that I am not gonna get doubled by earlygame enemies, but low enough that I'd only double mooks of the slowest classes (and this also ensures that I'm not doubling and KOing mooks in the earlygame), which makes it very low for a Lv. 11 character. Luck is decent for a Lv. 11 character, Defense is good for a lv. 11 character, and Resistance is decent for a lv. 11 caster.

Growths are somewhat interesting: Due to my internal level, my actual level cap has been raised so that I can reach up to Lv. 30. The HP growth is high enough that I'll end up with a decent amount of HP on average. Assuming I hit my averages, I'll end up with rather low Strength for a max level character at endgame. My Magic growth is higher than my Strength growth, but assuming I hit my averages again, I'll end up with somewhat low Magic at endgame too. My Skill growth is, like my starting Skill, abnormally high, and it's a stat that will be just about guaranteed to max out at endgame when I reach my late levels. My Speed growth, compared to my Speed stat, is actually rather decent, if offset by the low starting bases, so my Speed would be relatively low in the endgame, but hitting the averages will ensure that I can avoid being doubled by slow-to-average speed units up to at least the endpoints of the midgame. My Defence growth is also high enough that I will actually have relatively decent Defense at the endgame (though it's best to try to keep me out of range of units carrying extremely high-MT weapons and/or can double, like Berserkers). However, my Luck and Resistance growths are horrible and will ensure a weakness to high-crit weapons and magic by the time you're about to get to the lategame.

So early on, I'll take the damage like a sponge and dish it out to put big dents in the enemy, physical or magical. But if you want to take me all the way into the endgame, I am gonna need high-crit- and/or Brave-type magic and/or a damage-increasing Skill-stat activation Skill to ORKO enemies, and likely need to be reclassed into a pure caster class as well. In addition, I'd still have a weakness against magic attacks and high-crit weapons, and would prefer not to be in a situation where I can be doubled.

If there is a postgame where you could fully train and max me out, my best builds would likely be ones that boost my critical hit rate to absurd heights (and I'd likely have a personal skill that'd help me at that too). A Skill-stat activation Skill would be helpful as well.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably be a Jeigan of some sort, as I'm 30 years old, at least a pre-promote.

If Jeigans aren't Paladin locked, I'd probably be a healer.  Maybe a Sage or a Bishop.

As for my stats, since it varies game to game as to what is "good", I won't put actual numbers

HP: Average Base and Growth
Str: Low Base and Growth
Mag: Low Base, Decent Growth
Skill: Good Base, Average Growth
Speed: Low Base, Average Growth
Luck: Low Base and Growth
Defense: Decent Base and Low Growth
Resistance: Good Base and Average Growth

I guess I'd be an Oifey, since my growths would be okay.  I would be primarily a Staff user, able to make an attack, if needed.

Swordmaster would be the one I would want to be and my stats would probably have great str, good speed, good hp, great defense, horrid luck, good resistance and ok magic.  I would probably act closest to Nabarl in terms of personality and fighting ability.

I would say the Julian archetype. Similar hair color and build. I never spent a long time stealing but did was borrowing loans from alot of people at one point in my life.

HP: Decent Base-High Growith
Magic: Low Magic: Decent Growth
Strength: Low Base- Decent Growth
Skill: High Base-Low Growth
Speed: High Base-Decent Growth
Luck: Low Base-Decent Growth
Defence: Decent Base- Low Growth
Resistance: Decent Base- High Growth

I would probably fit Gaius more since I'm a bit of a sweet tooth and love making a living but have morals. 

I'd be the cute cleric girl who joins early on in the game.  My prf's would be Warp, Rescue, Hammerine, Thief, and Unlock (I would start with all of these).

I'd have base stats but no one would really care what they are.

I'd also have growth rates but they wouldn't be important for the same reason.

Early on in the game, I would be mostly heal 'n' warp.  Later on, my strategies would diversify to repairing the Warp staff and I guess using the other ones. Maybe.

My personality would be incredibly lazy but pragmatic.  I'd advise the Lord to just let me warp them and spare us all the trouble of the oncoming map.

Archetype, eh... I'd say Navarre archetype. Anyone choosing this option knows what is up.

Great hat, smug nature, need I say more?

Est archetype, I love this archetype and it's kinda fit with me right now.

I would probably either be a Dark mage, I would be a glass cannon but with good evasion and luck.

Or a fast shapeshifter

Edited by Nym

I'd be a mercenary, but not the Ogma. I'd be an atypical one you get slightly later and probably don't even bother with.

HP: Average base and growth

STR: Average base, low growth

MAG, if any: Average base, good growth

SKILL: Average base, awesome growth

SPD: Poor base, average growth

LCK: Good base and growth

DEF: Good base, average growth

RES: Average base, good growth

CON, if any: 1 or 2 points behind the Ogma

Note that my reference is the average mercenary.

I'd say the Beowulf archetype. While my build is the total opposite of a theif or assassin or even a hitman, I still prefer to be those classes. Being a cavalier like Beowulf sucks though. Anyways, I would do anything to fight for money. Because I would give literally zero care for others and would probably escape if I get in trouble. And besides, my services would be of no joke. As a theif or rogue, I can easily steal treasure, even killing a few weak people along the way, such as mages. My base speed would be also high enough to dodge any enemy attacks that come my way. My defense would also be not too bad, but being a theif/rogue, it's not expected to rise high anytime soon. My level would also be 15, if unpromoted, like Hugh. If I was an assassin, then basically I'd fulfill the task of ORKOing anyone if possible

Although, I would prefer to be the Minerva archetype as well, seeing as how I'd rather for justice than fight with evil. In this case, it would mean I would oppose my own nation and even family, and instead join the good people. Anyways, being a Minerva, I'd be a Dragon Knight, my Defense would be rather high, along with my Speed, and so will my Skill. However my Res would be low and I have to beware of bows. However, I have generally good growths, especially in Strength and Skill, I guess.

I could however also be of the Gotoh archetype. Of course, I would either be an old and powerful sage or a diety or whatever like Nagi, and easily ORKO everyone in the last map, as well as effectively killing the final boss (that is, if they're not necessary to be killed by a legendary weapon or anything). My stats would be OP.

That's pretty much for now.

I'd probably be a part of the Pegasus Trio, with high Luck, good Strength, Defense and Resistance, and passable Magic, Speed and Skill.

Edited by Almerson

Athos/Karel archetype! (I don't know what its real name is.) I wanna be the character that comes in at the end being amazing at everything, but having come a little too late to be useful. I get to bring some amazing weapons for others to use, though!

Just now, SullyMcGully said:

Athos/Karel archetype! (I don't know what its real name is.) I wanna be the character that comes in at the end being amazing at everything, but having come a little too late to be useful. I get to bring some amazing weapons for others to use, though!

That's called the Gotoh archetype.

3 hours ago, Enaluxeme said:

I'd be a mercenary, but not the Ogma. I'd be an atypical one you get slightly later and probably don't even bother with.

HP: Average base and growth

STR: Average base, low growth

MAG, if any: Average base, good growth

SKILL: Average base, awesome growth

SPD: Poor base, average growth

LCK: Good base and growth

DEF: Good base, average growth

RES: Average base, good growth

CON, if any: 1 or 2 points behind the Ogma

Note that my reference is the average mercenary.

So basically Ogier? (A.K.A my favorite fe mercenary)

I would be of the Lena archetype, just because I would be an early game healer and I know my brother would be of the Navarre archtype

I can see myself fitting into the Gotoh or the Ogma archtypes. As for my personal class I could be a Paladin, Great Knight, Dark Knight, Hero, Cavalier, or a Mercenary (leaning toward Dark Knight or Great Knight). For the most part, I would likely be a wandering character going to place to place, helping out those in need or working in the shadows to achieve some noble goal.

I imagine myself more of a Gotoh character, showing up at the last minute to carry the party. I may have some information helpful to the main cast, and if I play more of a major role, pop up throughout the story giving hints to the protagonist before joining up near the end.

If an Ogma character, I'll likely just be a wanderer who happens to be around whenever a fight happens and join up with the main party. I may have a line or two of story importance, but otherwise I'll just be a generic character who can be used based off of class, stats, and supports.

As for overall stats, I can see myself getting extra HP, Strength, Magic (if applicable), and Speed, but suffers heavily in Luck and Resistance.

For some extras, here are my "insert characters" for Awakening and Fates. I'll likely end up making a new incarnation when Shadows of Valentia and FE: Switch come out with their inevitable "Insert Character" topics, but that discussion is for another time.

I'd be the Avatar, loved by all.

Probably an early recruited mage. I like learning new things but wouldn't want to be directly involved in combat.

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'd probably be a Jeigan of some sort, as I'm 30 years old, at least a pre-promote.

I should get out and do something with my life while my growth rates are still good.

Honestly, I would more than likely be the armor knight archetype, whoever the first one of those was (Doga? Is that an archetype?). In terms of stats I've got high HP, Defense, and Strength, average Res and Skill, low Speed, and pitiful Luck. If we're post STR-MAG split my Magic would be passable, which would do me very little good as an armor knight, but eh. I would forever wish that someone would gimme some boots. In a game with reclassing my alternate classes would be shaman and fighter.

The irony is that I would much rather be an Ogma, or a Gotoh, or even a Jagen. I guess I could at least promote to Great Knight, so that's something.

Someone give me the list that has all the archetypes.  I don't know all of them. 

In all seriousness, I'd prefer to be either the Jagen archetype or the Bearded/Old Turncoat General. (not sure about the latter option, but I think it's an archetype?  Hence asking for the list )

But I'd prefer to be a Sniper with a base 12 defense. I can help do chip damage, and I still get to tank hits early on.  (INB4 No one uses the Sh*tty Sniper Pre-promote)