• Caeldori
    • Shigure
    • Reina
    • Beruka
    • Percy
    • Scarlet
    • Camilla
    • I don't know

Pegasus knights are the myrmidons of the skies. Wielding Lances (and getting Swords on promotion to Falcoknight), they are dodge-tanks with Strength and Defence issues, while having some amazing resistance for a martial unit. In addition, the ability to fly makes them completely ignore any terrain- which does include not getting the bonus from standing on helpful terrain.

Wyvern knights, on the other hand, are perhaps more comparable to knights. Wielding weapons that vary by game (though seemingly constant at Lances), they have great Strength and Defence, but lack Speed and Resistance. They can be considered different to pegasus knights that, instead of avoiding hits (especially arrows), they soak them up with high defence while dishing out a powerful, yet singular, hit.

...I'm going to be completely honest upfront; my favourite class is Pegasus Knight, because I've raised so many ones that I'm convinced I have some kind of touch with them (though even I can't make Syrene good- trust me, I've brought her to Endgame twice). The wyvern's different playstyle, and the fact I'm not a fan of a mounted unit changing their mount on promotion, made it difficult for me to combine the two- but the lack of Classic ones, owing to the fact that Caeda and the Whitewings promote to Dracoknights in Marth's games, means that combining them is a rather natural step.

You can tell how much the Triangle Attack brought the pegasi out during Veteran, though.

EDIT: I specifically left Elincia off the healers to stick her here. Why didn't I do it?

EDIT 2: Exploiting a glitch because I don't know where the 'allow vote change' option is.

Edited by phineas81707

The lack of amazing flying units in FE4 and the awful dismount penalties in FE5 finally break my streak of exclusively voting for Jugdral characters in the "classic" division!

Minerva's great. Good unit, set the WK archetype, and all sorts of other goodness.

Haar and Jill were in a tight race, but Haar's just so damn likable that I have to give it to him, even though Jill might be the best unit in FE10.

Cynthia. As much as I hate Owain, Cynthia is like a better, more likeable version of him. And with how broken children are in Awakening, she's an amazing unit who also happens to be likeable. A rarity in the modern era.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, where's Elincia? She rides a Pegasus, you know. Not fair to her.

I voted Marcia even though Elincia is my true favorite in that category. Also voted Cordelia.

...Sorry. Veteran was largely helped by the Triangle Attack, so Sigrun confused me.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

...Sorry. Veteran was largely helped by the Triangle Attack, so Sigrun confused me.

Um, I don't get what the triangle attack or Sigrun have to do with anything, but okay...

Nobody better vote for Suckbaki.

Anyways, Caeda and Minerva are real close for me. Minerva has the rare title of being a pre-promote with decent growths in SD; she basically breaks the game in two out of the box and, though obviously declining somewhat, still remains very useful to the end of the game. But Caeda is Caeda, with the wing spear and SD's cavalier and knight hordes allowing her to get around the classes' weakness of low offensive capabilities.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Um, I don't get what the triangle attack or Sigrun have to do with anything, but okay...

I knew 'there's three pegasus knights in each', but I forgot Sigrun wasn't in Path of Radiance, so Elincia is part of the Triangle Attack.

However, the fact I specifically left Elincia off the poll yesterday to fit her here should be a worse mistake on my behalf.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I knew 'there's three pegasus knights in each', but I forgot Sigrun wasn't in Path of Radiance, so Elincia is part of the Triangle Attack.

However, the fact I specifically left Elincia off the poll yesterday to fit her here should be a worse mistake on my behalf.

Ohhh, now I understand. And technically, if you include Elincia, RD has four. She can still participate in a triangle attack there too.

Hey, why can't I find the button to delete my vote? I DO still wish to vote Elincia now that you've added her...

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Ohhh, now I understand. And technically, if you include Elincia, RD has four. She can still participate in a triangle attack there too.

Yeah... with how much I like pegasus knights (to the point of using Syrene as TA fodder), you'd think this would've occurred to me.

Then again, I've never played Tellius due to problems coming across it, so...

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Yeah... with how much I like pegasus knights (to the point of using Syrene as TA fodder), you'd think this would've occurred to me.

Then again, I've never played Tellius due to problems coming across it, so...

Understandable. It sucks that those two games are so inaccessible now.

And btw, I edited my post above, but it looks like you didn't notice. I can't find the delete vote button. Did you disable deleting votes?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Understandable. It sucks that those two games are so inaccessible now.

And btw, I edited my post above, but it looks like you didn't notice. I can't find the delete vote button. Did you disable deleting votes?

...You can ENABLE that?

I voted Palla because I like green-haired girls and Cherche because her design is great and she's cool. 'Veteran' era is too hard to choose OTL ;; so many good choices.... Florina, Heath, Jill, and Haar are all great but I picked Cormag because he's pretty cool and my wife likes him.  

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess you can, because on some polls I see a delete vote button and now I DON'T see one for this poll.

Well... I didn't figure out how to manage it, but I came close. I'll have a look when I'm preparing for the next poll.

Hard to imagine the fact I think there's only two left, and neither will be Classic/Veteran/Modern. One's too small, and the other doesn't have enough Classic representation to justify it.

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Yeah, I know, makes me sad, too...

Anyways I voted:
Caeda- She's impressive as a unit and I like her design a lot.
Vanessa- first pegasus knight I picked, I have nostalgia for her and even though I have a lot of other favorites in the veteran section.
Camilla- I know a lot of people hate on her for her revealing design but I really like her as a unit and there really isn't anyone i'm attached to as a character in that section so I picked her.

Edited by Sweet_Basil

Classic (Pegasus Knight)

*Caeda
*Palla
*Catria
*Est
*Clair
*Erinys
*Fee
*Karin
*Misha

Caeda is the only one currently unable to promote to Falcoknight/equivalent (don't think Thracia has falcoknights), though she could before the Nintendo Wi-Fi service shut down.

Classic (Wyvern Knight)

*Minerva
*Michalis
*Altena
*Eda
*Deen

...You know, I think I've had Moderns this big. Guess it's just not the size I expected of Classics (who were basically responsible for the Cavalier split).

12 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Well... I didn't figure out how to manage it, but I came close. I'll have a look when I'm preparing for the next poll.

Well, you still found some way to change my vote to Elincia. lol It works. :P

Palla. Part of it is that I like that she's a Peg Knight whose virtue is not necessarily speed. She has a good base with a horrible speed growth. HMs to Minerva and Altena, they got the female Dragon Knight design so right on the first try, and they remained solid until Awakening. 

Tanith. Love her design, and abrasive personality. Very different from the standard "motherly" personality most seasoned Peg Knights have. HMs to Haar, Jill and Marcia, characters loaded with good development and entertaining dialogue. One more HM for Vanessa, a Catria/Cordelia type who actually has a shot at her crush.

Belka. I think she has a nice design, and I really appreciate that she made somewhat of a comeback for good, armored designs on female Dragon Knights. Her personality leaves a bit to be desired, but so does everyone else in the Modern category.

At least my favourite class in the FE universe! I love Pegs! They're good units (depends on the game though) and I love their design, they're so gracious and beautiful! Anyway:

Caeda: I love her personality, she's that kind of princesses that are brave, pure hearted, smart, etc. The way she's depicted in the OVA is great, it may not be considered cannon, but it really adds something to her personality. She recruits a lot of a units and is a good unit, especially in the remake with her Wing Spear. Her design was also great, the new one is OK but I don't like her new face and hair. It doesn't fit her personality IMO.

Marcia: Very difficult to chose, especially next to Jill and Haar. But I liked her personality, overall design and mined turned great in RD, even besides the GM. She can also wield swords immediately in a game where they're quite rare.

Cordelia: not a lot of competition here, I found the recent Pegs quite meh, especially Fates'where most of them have higher Def than Res! Liked her personality, good as a unit (her joining time is terrible though) and great design.

Lot of HM, it would be pointless to quote them anyway.