"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

5 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

That would be my current build with Edelgard, probably my most fleshed out hero yet. Everything looking good?

Looks fine.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

One thing I don't fully get, how does the HM stat actually work? Does a unit give you more and more feathers the more battle they survive?

For every 500 HM a unique Hero accumulates, you get 500 Feathers. A Hero can earn up to 6,000 HM, so you can get up 6,000 Feathers per Hero.

Keep in mind that all units of the same Hero share the same HM. If you have two Edelgards, you will still only get 6,000 Feathers max.

Edited by XRay

29 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

One thing I don't fully get, how does the HM stat actually work? Does a unit give you more and more feathers the more battle they survive?

Every map you clear with the unit still on the map will earn you Hero Merit depending on the number of enemies and their levels relative to the unit's level. You get 500 feathers every time a character reaches a multiple of 500 Hero Merit, and Hero Merit caps at 6,000.

Hero Merit is pooled across all copies of the same character you own and persists even if you get rid of all copies of a character. You can check how much Hero Merit each character has in the Allies menu under Interact with Allies → Hero Merit List.

Because Hero Merit is pooled, fielding multiple copies of the same character will result in earning Hero Merit for that character faster.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

For every 500 HM a unique Hero accumulates, you get 500 Feathers. A Hero can earn up to 6,000 HM, so you can get up 6,000 Feathers per Hero.

Keep in mind that all units of the same Hero share the same HM. If you have two Edelgards, you will still only get 6,000 Feathers max.

What about in cases such as in the male and female Byleth? Do they count as separate or the same unit?

6 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

What about in cases such as in the male and female Byleth? Do they count as separate or the same unit?

They are considered separate Heroes because they have different epithets.

To put it another way, each spot that you fill in the Catalogue of Heroes will give you 6,000 Hero Feathers.

10 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Those two are separate units.  If you had two female Byleths however that would count as the same unit for example.

Since Sophia is a f2p friendly player and I got the resplendent hero Sophia, I am planning to fodder Celica's distant defence and put distant defence seal in the future to her as well, is it a bad idea?

did my research and most on the info i find says you can refine the weapon once its inherited, currently my Setsuna has firesweepbow and Im thinking of refining it but  it wouldn't it allow me, is this a bug?

Edited by Steilison

39 minutes ago, Steilison said:

Since Sophia is a f2p friendly player and I got the resplendent hero Sophia, I am planning to fodder Celica's distant defence and put distant defence seal in the future to her as well, is it a bad idea?

Should be fine, but you will want to run Pulse Smoke on the C slot to shut down Specials.
+Def/Res
Eternal Tome [special]
Reposition — Swap
Iceberg — Bonfire
Distant Def (+8)
Quick Riposte
Pulse Smoke
Distant Def (+6)
The above set up will shut down enemies buffs and Specials. The A through Sacred Seal combo will give Def/Res +14.

I prefer the following alternative setup as it gives more stats:
+Def/Res
Eternal Tome [special]
Reposition — Swap
Iceberg — Bonfire
Mirror Stance — Sturdy Stance — Bracing Stance (3 not yet released) (+6)
Lull Atk/Res (+3)
Atk Smoke (+7)
Quick Riposte
The A through Sacred Seal combo here will give Def/Res +16 if using Bracing Stance 3.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Bracing Stance (3 not yet released) (+6)

i also notice distance defence has 4 already, so only newer heroes get the 4 and by no chance they would make the changes on my celica who only got DD3?

Just now, Steilison said:

i also notice distance defence has 4 already, so only newer heroes get the 4 and by no chance they would make the changes on my celica who only got DD3?

So far, there is no precedent for them doing so. Considering that they still release brand new units without the 4th-tier versions of skills that have 4 tiers (for example, Fiora has Fury 3, but not Fury 4, despite being released after Fury 4 was released), it's extremely unlikely that older units will receive the 4th-tier versions of their skills.

Just now, Steilison said:

Celica is not going to get Distant Def 4, but you may get Caineghis in the future who has Distant Def 4. Free players should plan and build towards expensive optimized builds anyways since even they will eventually get premium skills if they play long enough.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

since even they will eventually get premium skills if they play long enough.

good point!

Currently im at tier 16 in Arena and tier 7 at aether raid.  I found that some  are tier 16 and at the beginner stage and some even lower at  at the advance. If I wanted a challenge on both aether raid and arena do i keep winning until I face against +10 units or do I have to have a higher bst for match making?

22 minutes ago, Steilison said:

good point!

Currently im at tier 16 in Arena and tier 7 at aether raid.  I found that some  are tier 16 and at the beginner stage and some even lower at  at the advance. If I wanted a challenge on both aether raid and arena do i keep winning until I face against +10 units or do I have to have a higher bst for match making?

The enemy players you face in Arena are determined by how well their team and your team scores. Just because the enemy player has a high tier does not mean their defense team scores high. Scoring is determined by base BST, amount of merges, SP costs, and any relevant Blessings. The game tries to match you against players who have teams with a similar score.

For Aether Raids, the enemies you face is determined by performance, meaning how well you and the other player does. The game tries to match you against players close to your tier.

52 minutes ago, XRay said:

The enemy players you face in Arena are determined by how well their team and your team scores. Just because the enemy player has a high tier does not mean their defense team scores high. Scoring is determined by base BST, amount of merges, SP costs, and any relevant Blessings. The game tries to match you against players who have teams with a similar score.

For Aether Raids, the enemies you face is determined by performance, meaning how well you and the other player does. The game tries to match you against players close to your tier.

so on aether raid its possible if i can perform well i could match up against +10 merged heroes despite not having any merges.

so if a +10 player who force himself to lose every time some random guy with unmerged hero would likely to face him? 

so if you saw these players on youtube with great defence stats but if their not tier 27 , I would assume their offence are bad or their not playing offence?

Edited by Steilison

1 minute ago, Steilison said:

so on aether raid its possible if i can perform well i could match up against +10 merged heroes despite not having any merges.

Yes. However, keep in mind that you do not need a lot of merges on your own units to do well, depending on the strategy and unit types you use.

For most Player Phase strategies, having high merges and premium skills on certain types of nukes will help, but it is totally unnecessary. A lot of Blade mages can reach 90+ Atk at +0+0, so they do not really need high merges to do well, and if they happen to have -HP, it is often more beneficial and convenient to leave them at +0+0 so they can more reliably drop into the appropriate HP range via Bolt Traps. Similarly, Blazing mages do not need high merges to do well either.

For other types of nukes like Galeforcers, fast Brave nukes, and slow Brave nukes though, these Player Phase units are more dependent on stats to do well, so these Player Phase units should be prioritized for merges and Flowers.

For Enemy Phase units though, having more stats is crucial, so if you plan to use an Enemy Phase team, the bulk of your investment should be here. It is okay to go cheap on your Player Phase units, but you cannot cut corners with Enemy Phase units as easily.

14 minutes ago, Steilison said:

so if a +10 player who force himself to lose every time some random guy with unmerged hero would likely to face him? 

It is possible, but highly unlikely. Most players try to earn as high of a tier as possible to get more Ephemera and Grails.

Okay I need ideas for AR teams since divine codes are now part of the rewards. The Mythic heroes I have are: Peony and Eir, Sothis, Altina and Naga and last but not least Duma.  I always forget about blessings, and I kind of just did the minimum in this mode before Altina was given out.  Anyway are there any fairly easy to build units for each season that people recommend? 

36 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Okay I need ideas for AR teams since divine codes are now part of the rewards. The Mythic heroes I have are: Peony and Eir, Sothis, Altina and Naga and last but not least Duma.  I always forget about blessings, and I kind of just did the minimum in this mode before Altina was given out.  Anyway are there any fairly easy to build units for each season that people recommend? 

If your goal is to just maintain Tier 21, you do not need to use Blessings or any of the latest units. Just use whatever you are most comfortable with using. If you like using Player Phase teams, use a Player Phase teams; if you like using Enemy Phase teams, use an Enemy Phase teams.

The easiest to build teams are Player Phase teams. The only thing you really need to shell out Orbs for is VS!Azura, and even then, she is not super mandatory with Peony being a thing now. They do not need any expensive skills either. In terms of merges and Flowers, Galeforcers, slow Brave nukes, and fast Brave nukes are the most reliant on it. Blade mages are not very dependent on merges. Dancers/Singers do not need merges at all.

The easiest to use team is probably a super tank team, but it is not cheap to build. BH!Ike is probably the best candidate in my opinion, but if you want a non 5* exclusive candidate, I would go with Sharena or any of the dragons in the 3*/4* pool. This is the cheapest super tank team I can think of and have used:

Spoiler

Sharena
Fensalir [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Guard
Atk Smoke
Distant Def

M!Corrin
Yato [special]
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow — Triangle Adept
Axebreaker
Drive Def
Drive Atk

M!Corrin
Yato [special]
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow — Triangle Adept
Axebreaker
Drive Res
Drive Spd

Eir
Lyfjaberg
Reposition
Moonbow
Swift Sparrow
Mystic Boost
Sparkling Boost
Chill Atk

Eir
Lyfjaberg
Reposition
Moonbow
Swift Sparrow
Mystic Boost
Sparkling Boost
Chill Spd

Edited by XRay

Okay thanks! I just wanted a few ideas and now I have some.  Since I am stuck at home I can focus on building some more teams in Heroes since grinding HM is one of the things that keep me sane.

13 hours ago, XRay said:

The easiest to use team is probably a super tank team, but it is not cheap to build. BH!Ike is probably the best candidate in my opinion, but if you want a non 5* exclusive candidate, I would go with Sharena or any of the dragons in the 3*/4* pool. This is the cheapest super tank team I can think of and have used:

why 2 eir and 2 corrin?

2 hours ago, Steilison said:

why 2 eir and 2 corrin?

2 Eirs give +10 HP and +10 Res to blessed units and heal your tank 20 HP every turn. 2 male Corrins with refined Yato and Ally Support with your tank give at least +10 Atk, Spd, Def, and Res when standing 2 squares away from the tank.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

2 Eirs give +10 HP and +10 Res to blessed units and heal your tank 20 HP every turn. 2 male Corrins with refined Yato and Ally Support with your tank give at least +10 Atk, Spd, Def, and Res when standing 2 squares away from the tank.

what does classify as a support role? tanks, archers, mages? I finally get why people always use 2 Eirs in AE because Eir has this "bonus lift perk"  right? because i thought blessing are only for stat boost.

so the tank must have light blessing as their blessing? and for the best result one of the Corrin must have a asta and anima as their blessing (current season)? 

Sorry for asking these basic questions, it confuses me cause most people always have light and dark and I barely see any astra or anima.

1 minute ago, Steilison said:

what does classify as a support role? tanks, archers, mages? I finally get why people always use 2 Eirs in AE because Eir has this "bonus lift perk"  right? because i thought blessing are only for stat boost.

so the tank must have light blessing as their blessing? and for the best result one of the Corrin must have a asta and anima as their blessing (current season)? 

Sorry for asking these basic questions, it confuses me cause most people always have light and dark and I barely see any astra or anima.

Support is any unit with access to support skills. Most support units fall in one or more of four general types: dancers, buffers, debuffers, and healers. The best support units in the game typically have an exclusive skill that is better than the inheritable options for the same slot or a weapon (exclusive or inheritable) that has support effects.

You only get the Lift boost and blessing bonuses from Mythic Heroes if the current season matches the Mythic Heroes' element. During Light seasons, you get boosts for Eir, Peony, and Light blessings only. During Astra seasons, you get boosts for Naga, Altina, and Astra blessings only. Legendary Heroes matching the current Arena season always count as if they have the corresponding Mythic blessing.

Dark and Anima Mythic Heroes and blessings are used for defense instead of offense.

The tank and Corrins should all have the same blessing as the current season (either Light or Astra). Obviously, this can be expensive since you either need to build 2 separate teams or constantly switch blessings back and forth every week. Most players concentrate on building a team for one season and take the other season as an "off season" until they get the resources to build a second team. However, in general, it's not common to use the same team composition on both seasons (since we don't yet have an Astra Mythic Hero that boosts Res like Eir).

The main reason Astra teams are less common than Light teams is because Eir and Peony were given out for free and are both Light Mythic Heroes, whereas the only free Astra Mythic Hero is Altina, and she was only given out extremely recently.

12 minutes ago, Steilison said:

what does classify as a support role? tanks, archers, mages?

Support units are any units that is not meant to do combat. For Player Phase teams, the primary support units are Dancers/Singers. For Enemy Phase teams, the primary support units are stat buffers/debuffers and healers.

14 minutes ago, Steilison said:

I finally get why people always use 2 Eirs in AE because Eir has this "bonus lift perk"  right? because i thought blessing are only for stat boost.

Yes. Mythic units provides a stat boost and a Lift boost.

16 minutes ago, Steilison said:

The entire team should consist of only Light Mythic Heroes and Light Blessed Heroes.

You make a separate team for Astra Season, and that entire team should consist of only Astra Mythic Heroes and Astra Blessed Heroes.

You only give Dark Blessings and Anima Blessings to units on defense, and you ideally want two separate defense teams. Defense is not as important, so do not invest in your defense until you have gotten your offense teams down.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Support is any unit with access to support skills. Most support units fall in one or more of four general types: dancers, buffers, debuffers, and healers. The best support units in the game typically have an exclusive skill that is better than the inheritable options for the same slot or a weapon (exclusive or inheritable) that has support effects.

so as long as u have a buff on your skill slot you could gain Yato's buff? -.-

Legendary Heroes matching the current Arena season always count as if they have the corresponding Mythic blessing.

I SEE!

Dark and Anima Mythic Heroes and blessings are used for defense instead of offense.

AH! I finally got it! no wonder dark isn't so popular, I never knew dark gives bonus stats on defence as well!

The tank and Corrins should all have the same blessing as the current season (either Light or Astra). Obviously, this can be expensive since you either need to build 2 separate teams or constantly switch blessings back and forth every week. Most players concentrate on building a team for one season and take the other season as an "off season" until they get the resources to build a second team. However, in general, it's not common to use the same team composition on both seasons (since we don't yet have an Astra Mythic Hero that boosts Res like Eir)

is AR really that challenging that you need buffs late game? your up against an AI after all.

The main reason Astra teams are less common than Light teams is because Eir and Peony were given out for free and are both Light Mythic Heroes, whereas the only free Astra Mythic Hero is Altina, and she was only given out extremely recently.

Thanks for the explanation!