"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Morgan has the Brazen Atk/Speed seal for his Grima's Truth nuke build.  Swift Sparrow 2 is on Empty Vessel Takumi for his desperation/fury build, and Lucy has Atk/Spd 2 for her build which has her at 45 base speed (without dragonflowers).  Are there any compromises I can utilise instead?

Darting Blow if you want to secure more follow-ups. Sturdy Blow if you want more damage.

Or just switch Sacred Seals around when you're not using the other units.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Morgan has the Brazen Atk/Speed seal for his Grima's Truth nuke build.  Swift Sparrow 2 is on Empty Vessel Takumi for his desperation/fury build, and Lucy has Atk/Spd 2 for her build which has her at 45 base speed (without dragonflowers).  Are there any compromises I can utilise instead?

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Or just switch Sacred Seals around when you're not using the other units.

Yeah. I recommend keeping Sacred Seals fluid instead of having them stuck on one unit. You can always switch the Sacred Seals back to your default unit after your other units are done using them.

In addition to Darting Blow and Sturdy Blow, you can also use Brazen Atk/Def and Brazen Atk/Res for their Atk boost. If all those are occupied too, I guess there is Attack+3 and Speed+3.

So out of curiosity, does anyone know anything about Forma Souls? Like, can I pick one up now and then just hold it indefinitely until I get to a Hall of Forms I want to use it on? This pack looks like a decent deal for Orbs, but I wanted to check about the Soul before deciding about it.

34 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

So out of curiosity, does anyone know anything about Forma Souls? Like, can I pick one up now and then just hold it indefinitely until I get to a Hall of Forms I want to use it on? This pack looks like a decent deal for Orbs, but I wanted to check about the Soul before deciding about it.

It says so in the notification. You can hold on to your Forma Soul indefinitely and you do not have to spend it on the current Hall of Form event, but you can only add one Forma unit per Hall of Forms event, so you might as well just spend it every time you get one since they seem to imply that there will be a Forma Soul pack for each Hall or Forms event.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

It says so in the notification. You can hold on to your Forma Soul indefinitely and you do not have to spend it on the current Hall of Form event, but you can only add one Forma unit per Hall of Forms event, so you might as well just spend it every time you get one since they seem to imply that there will be a Forma Soul pack for each Hall or Forms event.

Maybe, but I doubt I'd pick up any future Forma Soul pack, I'm only considering this one because it seems to have bonus Orbs. Thanks all the same!

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

Maybe, but I doubt I'd pick up any future Forma Soul pack, I'm only considering this one because it seems to have bonus Orbs. Thanks all the same!

I recommend carefully reading the notification over again. All Forma Soul Packs come with 60 Orbs. It is the second sentence.

Just now, SoulWeaver said:

Haha, you assume I read the notification about this at all. Thanks for the info though!

I strongly recommend getting into the habit of reading. It helps with videogames and life in a general.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

I strongly recommend getting into the habit of reading. It helps with videogames and life in a general.

Oh, normally I do, I just ignored that one because I only paid token attention to the Hall of Forms before the Soul came out.

Theorycrafting a flame emperor build, how does this sound?

A: Distant counter

B: Vengeful fighter 3

Weapon: Guard Axe+ (Res refine)

Warding stance seal

Ignis

I also have a spare special fighter fodder via a valentines Ike (who is also my source of DC for this build) so would that be a better option, also looking for a good C to work with this build.

13 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Theorycrafting a flame emperor build, how does this sound?

A: Distant counter

B: Vengeful fighter 3

Weapon: Guard Axe+ (Res refine)

Warding stance seal

Ignis

I also have a spare special fighter fodder via a valentines Ike (who is also my source of DC for this build) so would that be a better option, also looking for a good C to work with this build.

If you are going to give her Distant Counter and Special Fighter, I would revise the build to the following.

Slaying Axe [Res]
Swap — Reposition
Bonfire — Aether
Distant Counter
Special Spiral
(Any C) — Atk Smoke
Quick Riposte

If you want to boost her Res more, your above build is fine but I would just tweak her Sacred Seal slot to Mirror Stance for more overall stats. I also recommend giving her Bonfire in addition to Ignis while you are at it. Ignis is a good default Special, but if you find her facing slower enemies a lot who cannot double her, you may need to switch to Bonfire for those rare occasions.

Guard Axe [Res]
Swap — Reposition
Ignis (default) — Bonfire
Distant Counter
Vengeful Fighter
(Any C) — Atk Smoke
Mirror Stance

I was thinking for my L'Arachel that I could switch out Ivaldi for a blade tome. (At least until it gets a refine that makes it a better blade tome, come on IS) Do you think that it's a good idea? It seems like to make her fast enough to do much, I'd have to heavily invest in speed, and my team set up allows for about a total of +18, which brings her attack with a blade tome to roughly 78. Do you think it's worth it?

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I was thinking for my L'Arachel that I could switch out Ivaldi for a blade tome. (At least until it gets a refine that makes it a better blade tome, come on IS) Do you think that it's a good idea? It seems like to make her fast enough to do much, I'd have to heavily invest in speed, and my team set up allows for about a total of +18, which brings her attack with a blade tome to roughly 78. Do you think it's worth it?

L'Arachel +Spd at +0+0 can reach 50 Spd with Fury, Brazen Atk/Spd, and full Tactics, which is enough in most modes. At +10+5, she will reach 55 Spd, which is more than sufficient in the vast majority of cases even in Aether Raids. As a Blade mage, she does not have to worry about being super fast, since anything that she cannot double will probably be killed in one shot anyways, and anything that can avoid her one shot probably is not going to survive being doubled by two shots. If Fury is not enough Spd, there is also Life and Death. She will do absolutely fine with Blárblade and probably perform much better.

As for buffs, you really want to crank that up to full Tactic's 24 buffs since that would translate into whopping Atk+30, but 18 bonus buffs should be fine as long as Atk/Spd are both buffed to +6 which should translate to Atk+24.

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

L'Arachel +Spd at +0+0 can reach 50 Spd with Fury, Brazen Atk/Spd, and full Tactics, which is enough in most modes. At +10+5, she will reach 55 Spd, which is more than sufficient in the vast majority of cases even in Aether Raids. As a Blade mage, she does not have to worry about being super fast, since anything that she cannot double will probably be killed in one shot anyways, and anything that can avoid her one shot probably is not going to survive being doubled by two shots. If Fury is not enough Spd, there is also Life and Death. She will do absolutely fine with Blárblade and probably perform much better.

As for buffs, you really want to crank that up to full Tactic's 24 buffs since that would translate into whopping Atk+30, but 18 bonus buffs should be fine as long as Atk/Spd are both buffed to +6 which should translate to Atk+24.

Yeah...She's +3 right now, +Atk, but all of them have had a flaw in speed...She is running Life and death 4 right now. Thanks forthe advice!

10 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I just pulled a dud Annette (+Def/-Res).  Would her C skill be good on my Summer Festival Dancer Xander to help buff team Husbando?

Opening and Gap skills require you to build your team around them so that the correct unit or units get the buff. I don't think they're really worth it unless you can get multiple units on your team to receive the buff or unless there is absolutely no other way to reliably get buffs on your team.

I just pulled a dud Annette (+Def/-Res).  Would her C skill be good on my Summer Festival Dancer Xander to help buff team Husbando?

Her nature is not bad though. As Ice Dragon says, I do not think her C is that great in my opinion unless you build a specific team around it, and Eliwood: Blazing Knight already kind of made Atk/Def Gap obsolete. I think she is still a good unit to keep around for Aether Raids defense, as the extra mobility can be annoying and catch players on offense off guard.

Edited by XRay

35 minutes ago, XRay said:

Her nature is not bad though. As Ice Dragon says, I do not think her C is that great in my opinion unless you build a specific team around it, and Eliwood: Blazing Knight already kind of made Atk/Def Gap obsolete. I think she is still a good unit to keep around for Aether Raids defense, as the extra mobility can be annoying and catch players on offense off guard.

I don't have Eliwood and I am extremely unlikely to use her, like at all.  Her IVs are a big deal breaker for me.

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I don't have Eliwood and I am extremely unlikely to use her, like at all.  Her IVs are a big deal breaker for me.

Do you have an Aether Raids or Arena defense team setup yet? I think she would still be useful in those situations. You do not have to use her manually there, and she can directly help contribute resources for you.

Follow up question about my L'Arachel: With the tome blade +1 to special cooldown, should I change from glimmer? She won't be able to do much with anything else, bar the Dragon gaze set of skills, from what I can tell.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do you have an Aether Raids or Arena defense team setup yet? I think she would still be useful in those situations. You do not have to use her manually there, and she can directly help contribute resources for you.

Yes to both.  I have two AR teams with mostly built heroes and my Arena Team is OG Lucina, Male Grima Veronica and Legendary Azura.  In other words Annette has no value to me in any mode.  Edelgard will see more use than Annette, and I barely have done anything outside of base skills

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

...um, how so? She has 40/39/36/31/26 with that nature.

Still problematic.  Like I said the IVs are a deal breaker since she hasn't got them where they matter, I'd consider building her up if she was +Atk or maybe +Speed, but even then, she just doesn't have value to me.  Add that she's one of my least favourite blue lions, below Felix and just ahead of Sylvain, and you've got fodder, pure simple fodder.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

Follow up question about my L'Arachel: With the tome blade +1 to special cooldown, should I change from glimmer? She won't be able to do much with anything else, bar the Dragon gaze set of skills, from what I can tell.

Special skills are generally irrelevant with Litrblade since the weapon's damage output is so high already. Glimmer, Moonbow, and Ruptured Sky are still the most recommended Special skills for the build simply because they activate frequently enough to not be irrelevant. Glimmer performs better against opponents with high HP. Ruptured Sky performs better against opponents with high Atk. Moonbow performs better against opponents with high Res or that can nullify some or all of your buffs.

13 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Still problematic.  Like I said the IVs are a deal breaker since she hasn't got them where they matter, I'd consider building her up if she was +Atk or maybe +Speed, but even then, she just doesn't have value to me.  Add that she's one of my least favourite blue lions, below Felix and just ahead of Sylvain, and you've got fodder, pure simple fodder.

I mean, it's effectively neutral, but whatever floats your boat. Units that aren't good at being fodder won't be good at fodder regardless of what you want to do with them.

Edited by Ice Dragon

31 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Yes to both.  I have two AR teams with mostly built heroes and my Arena Team is OG Lucina, Male Grima Veronica and Legendary Azura.  In other words Annette has no value to me in any mode.  Edelgard will see more use than Annette, and I barely have done anything outside of base skills

For Arena defense, I would replace everyone except Azura: Vallite Songstress. Melee infantry units and all armor units pose practically no threat to players. Arrival of the Brave Veronica is slightly better, but she has damage output issues.

If I remember correctly, I think you have Chrom: Crowned Exalt, the blue bow one. You can pair him with Annetta and Azura: Vallite Sonstress. You also want the fourth unit to be a bonus unit since they will double your defense score.

Still problematic.  Like I said the IVs are a deal breaker since she hasn't got them where they matter, I'd consider building her up if she was +Atk or maybe +Speed, but even then, she just doesn't have value to me. 

If you feel you’d never use her, I recommend booking her. She isn’t great for fodder, and you never know if you could get pity broken by a copy with +atk/-spd.