"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

So for flame Emperor I have all available skills. Swap, DC, Special Fighter, Armor March and the QR seal. However I am lacking some things. Aether which is due to the lack of fodder and a Slaying Axe. So do I have to promote a beruka and make the killing axe saying or is there another unit that has the non + version at 4* to help Amelia give it to Flame Emperor? Also what are some special suggestions until I have Aether? 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I don't know if I should go with Slaying Axe + Special Fighter or Guard Axe + Vengeful Fighter for Flame Emperor

Slaying Axe + Special Fighter is something I am planning to do outside Arena. Slaying Axe would make Bonfire become a 2 CD special, so with Special Fighter it would be special every counterattack (unless foe also has guard effect).

Vengeful is also nice, but the special only charges faster with unit's attack, and not with foe's attack.

For Arena, I am between Blue Flame and Ruptured Sky for the Emperor.

• With Blue Flame, the Slaying Axe + Special Fighter combo still works, and 25 damage when adjacent to an ally is pretty good (basically Bonfire if unit has 50 Def). Since I use Marth on my team (He has Spurs on C and Seal slot), having Flame Emperor adjacent to him woudl grant +5 to all stats.
  • Ruptured Sky is a 2 CD special already, so I can use Slaying Hammer to have "eff against armor" or I can use Wo Dao to increase special damage.

I am also still deciding what to use, but since Flame Emperor will not be a bonus unit in the next season yet I still have some time to decide.

49 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

So for flame Emperor I have all available skills. Swap, DC, Special Fighter, Armor March and the QR seal. However I am lacking some things. Aether which is due to the lack of fodder and a Slaying Axe. So do I have to promote a beruka and make the killing axe saying or is there another unit that has the non + version at 4* to help Amelia give it to Flame Emperor? Also what are some special suggestions until I have Aether? 

Amelia is the only one with Slaying Axe. If you do not wish to fodder Amelia, you will need to fodder someone who can give Flame Emperor Killing Axe+.

I recommend Bonfire so Flame Emperor can trigger it twice per round of combat if you give her Slaying Axe.

44 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I don't know if I should go with Slaying Axe + Special Fighter or Guard Axe + Vengeful Fighter for Flame Emperor

Slaying-Special Fighter-Quick Riposte allows Flame Emperor to activate Aether during every round of combat.

Guard Axe-Vengeful Fighter allows Flame Emperor to activate Bonfire during every round of combat, or Ignis during every round of combat if the enemy always doubles. With the Sacred Seal slot free, Guard Axe-Vengeful Fighter can have more stats than Slaying-Special Fighter-Quick Riposte. Sustainability is not a huge a issue if you run healers.

20 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

Are the colors of orbs when summoning completely random, or influenceable at all? The only unit on the new TH banner I don't really care about is Ferdinand, and the first three times I've pulled there's been 4 blue, 3 blue, and 3 blue lol why

Completely random. However, the game determines the 5 units first and then obfuscates them with colored orbs, not the other way around.

I will respond here in the question thread since it feels more appropriate and to avoid cluttering the other thread.

40 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Thanks, so I just managed to beat Kronya and I was wondering if this character is worth using. She seems to have some rather strong skills. I will probably prioritise getting the Flame Emperor up to 5 stars (assuming they aren't already at 5 stars, but it will likely be a similar situation to Kronya)

Her application is pretty niche, so I do not recommend building her until you are ready to put a significant amount of investment into Aether Raids, as she requires a pretty specific build and team composition to work well. The ideal Aether Raids team featuring Kronya consists of Kronya herself, two of Hector: Dressed-Up Duo, and two of Altina. Kronya will also need Close Counter and Null C-Disrupt, and neither skills are cheap. Kronya will also need a lot of merges and Dragonflowers, which will take some time to build up.

Outside of Aether Raids, other units will be a better investment.

40 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Of course I will perhaps replace the Flame Emperor with Edelgard if I managed to get her, but that is down to pure luck. Would Edelgard be as good as a tank?

Edelgard has issues with being a traditional tank since she cannot be near a lot of allies for her guaranteed follow-up to work, and traditional tanks need to be near allies to receive buffs so the tank can have enough stats to work properly. Edelgard functions better as a dual phase solo unit in my opinion, and that requires a more niche support team.

You can turn Edelgard into a traditional tank, but it is going to be expensive as she will need an entire skill kit overhaul. And as previously mentioned, building an Enemy Phase unit is far more expensive than building a Player Phase unit to achieve a similar level of performance.

Edited by XRay

So I shuffled my team Husbando around and updated Chrom's skill set, which I think works better for him though I might change the A skill since he doesn't really see too much ranged combat compaired to Grimmy and Regal while Alex is very much strictly dancing his allies.

Spoiler

updated_chrom_10__by_thesilentchloey_ddr regal_by_thesilentchloey_ddryzyz-fullvie grimmy_by_thesilentchloey_ddrz013-fullvi alex_by_thesilentchloey_ddrz02e-fullview

As it stands I do have a fair amount of investment on these guys (Moonbow on Regal for example but he's also got Aether for arena which he's been using to cover CC and SA content as well) so my question is are there some slightly better builds for Alex and Chrom so that it's not always Grimmy and Regal doing all of the work XP (although to be fair having Alex be supper effective to Cavalry is nice, if I could boost his attack more and erase that def bane XD).  Yes I did give Chrom DC, but that's because I wanted to spoil him.

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

so my question is are there some slightly better builds for Alex and Chrom so that it's not always Grimmy and Regal doing all of the work XP (although to be fair having Alex be supper effective to Cavalry is nice, if I could boost his attack more and erase that def bane XD).

Those two should be doing all or most of the work. Chrom and Xander: Dancing Knight are support units, so they should be not be facing combat. At most, they should only face combat minimally.

Since Chrom is not facing much ranged combat, and should not really face much of any combat, I recommend running HP/Atk on his A and Sacred Seal slots, so he can still maintain his high HP while boosting his Atk further incase you need him to one shot dragons. HP/Atk is available from Valbar, so it should not be expensive. Alternatively, you can also run Renewal on the Sacred Seal slot so he can regain HP quicker. Overall, I do not think he needs much adjustment. Changes in bold underline.

Falchion
Reciprocal Aid
Aether
HP/Atk
Renewal
Panic Ploy
HP/AtkRenewal

For Xander: Dancing Knight, I would swap out Draconic Aura with Bonfire. Bonfire already does more damage than Draconic Aura, and that gap will further increase as you give him more merges and Flowers down the line. I also recommend getting rid of Threaten Def since he can run his default Odd Def Wave to pair with Even Def Wave Sacred Seal; normally I do not recommend using Wave Skills, but some Wave skills can be okay if they have the opposite parity as a Sacred Seal. I personally do not see much threat from cavalry since Robin: Fell Reincarnation and Chrom: Crowned Prince should not really have much issue dealing with them, so I would switch to Barb Shuriken. If you have trouble with cavalry though, I guess you can stick with Dusk Uchiwa. Similar to Chrom, he does not really need much adjustment.

Dusk Uchiwa — Barb Shuriken
Def Refinement
Dance
Bonfire
Close Counter
Quick Riposte
Odd Def Wave
Even Def Wave

The only other improvement I can think of is to give Mirror Stance to Chrom: Crowned Exalt to boost his Res and give him an extra point in Atk.

Edited by XRay

I've got 2 Annettes, +HP and +Def. Which would you guys aim towards? I'm wanting to use her on my AR Defense and I would like her to be an IPer so +HP seems like it makes the most sense but I don't actually have any copies of IP right now, so I'm not sure if it makes sense to go down that route now.

Additionally, would anyone recommend (or not recommend) DC and Null-C? I need a Null-C unit on Offense as well and she has a similar statline at +1 to a +10 Libra (who was my other option in building). It'd be for Astra Season, mainly. But I'm curious in general and open to any thoughts~

40 minutes ago, Landmaster said:
I've got 2 Annettes, +HP and +Def. Which would you guys aim towards? I'm wanting to use her on my AR Defense and I would like her to be an IPer so +HP seems like it makes the most sense but I don't actually have any copies of IP right now, so I'm not sure if it makes sense to go down that route now.

If you are going down the +HP route, you may as well go all in with Sudden Panic too to make the most of it.

If you just need her for Infantry Pulse and only that, HP skills and Duel skills are usually sufficient, so I do not think +HP is necessary. +HP is not really useful for anything else in my opinion, so I would pick a more combat appropriate nature so she is more flexible in case you need her to do something else.

47 minutes ago, Landmaster said:
Additionally, would anyone recommend (or not recommend) DC and Null-C? I need a Null-C unit on Offense as well and she has a similar statline at +1 to a +10 Libra (who was my other option in building). It'd be for Astra Season, mainly. But I'm curious in general and open to any thoughts~

If you mean giving Annette those skills and turning her into a combat unit, then I do not recommend +HP.

As for the skills themselves, they are fine. I strongly recommend using +Spd when you summon that nature in the future so she can avoid doubles.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are going down the +HP route, you may as well go all in with Sudden Panic too to make the most of it.

If you just need her for Infantry Pulse and only that, HP skills and Duel skills are usually sufficient, so I do not think +HP is necessary. +HP is not really useful for anything else in my opinion, so I would pick a more combat appropriate nature so she is more flexible in case you need her to do something else.

If you mean giving Annette those skills and turning her into a combat unit, then I do not recommend +HP.

As for the skills themselves, they are fine. I strongly recommend using +Spd when you summon that nature in the future so she can avoid doubles.

Yeah, okay, I was leaning more towards +Def. And yeah, I meant giving Annette DC and Null-C. It's just I only have those two boons at the moment, I'd definitely change it if I can get more copies~

36 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

So I just linked my switch account to my mobile heroes game and I didn't get Byleth. How come?

Please ask questions in this pinned Ask Questions thread, not the Focus thread. You can find the pinned Ask Questions thread near somewhere near the top of the Heroes subforums.

Make sure you follow the instructions from the website. Do you have Three Houses under your Switch account? Once you are sure your Switch accounts recognizes that you have Three Houses, make sure it is the same account that is linked to Heroes. Make sure you double check your Present List in the Home menu, and check your Barracks under the Allies menu.

36 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

By the way, the upcoming Flame Emperor event is refering to the Three houses Flame emperor right? I did realize Arvis also has that title

I recommend following or bookmarking Heroes' Twitter account. So you can check out their posts yourself.

Edited by XRay

59 minutes ago, XRay said:

Please ask questions in this pinned Ask Questions thread, not the Focus thread. You can find the pinned Ask Questions thread near somewhere near the top of the Heroes subforums.

Make sure you follow the instructions from the website. Do you have Three Houses under your Switch account? Once you are sure your Switch accounts recognizes that you have Three Houses, make sure it is the same account that is linked to Heroes. Make sure you double check your Present List in the Home menu, and check your Barracks under the Allies menu.

I recommend following or bookmarking Heroes' Twitter account. So you can check out their posts yourself.

Thanks. To my understanding I do not need to enable gold points for a digital purchase, is this correct? Granted the website also mentions that it might take a few days for Byleth to show up in the present box.

Yes, that is indeed the Flame Emperor I am after. Got Arvis earlier today so will have both the Flame Emperor and the Emperor of Flame.

What is the best way to earn feathers? I have about 24000, which is enough to make one hero 5 star, but I do need more if I want to use Arvis, Death Knight and Kronya

44 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Thanks. To my understanding I do not need to enable gold points for a digital purchase, is this correct? Granted the website also mentions that it might take a few days for Byleth to show up in the present box.

Might take a couple of days then. If you still have not got it within two or three days, I recommend contacting their support team.

You can submit an inquiry via <Misc.>, then <FAQ/Etc.>, then <Customer Support>, then <Inquiries>.

49 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

What is the best way to earn feathers? I have about 24000, which is enough to make one hero 5 star, but I do need more if I want to use Arvis, Death Knight and Kronya

Participate in modes in the Coliseum (Arena, Arena Assault, and Allegiance Battles), participate in modes in Events, do the maps in Special Maps, and just participating in general.

Do not worry about doing well. As long as you participate, you will get rewards. Doing well and ranking high comes later. Just put in your best effort, but there is no need to strive for perfection.

44 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I pulled Bernie (-Atk/+Spd) what builds are suggested that synergizes with her native bow that are budget builds she can make use of for now.

Her default build is fine. If you have the resources, I strongly recommend getting her a merge, as fixing that Atk Flaw will help her tremendously.

56 minutes ago, XRay said:

Might take a couple of days then. If you still have not got it within two or three days, I recommend contacting their support team.

You can submit an inquiry via <Misc.>, then <FAQ/Etc.>, then <Customer Support>, then <Inquiries>.

Participate in modes in the Coliseum (Arena, Arena Assault, and Allegiance Battles), participate in modes in Events, do the maps in Special Maps, and just participating in general.

Do not worry about doing well. As long as you participate, you will get rewards. Doing well and ranking high comes later. Just put in your best effort, but there is no need to strive for perfection.

Her default build is fine. If you have the resources, I strongly recommend getting her a merge, as fixing that Atk Flaw will help her tremendously.

Yeah but nah, I don't have the resources atm, unfortunately.

One of my best units is H! Kagero. Her stat spread is about 54 atk, 23 (but evectively 31 via supports/Tactics) 37 def and 37 res. I'm having her run Swift Sparrow 3, (which I know was a mistake and a half) bold fighter 3, Def tactic 3 and the 2 movement at 100% HP seal. However, I have access to two sets of Fort. Def/Res 3, as well as Close counter. I'm not sure if I want to take away SS, and I want her to become more mixed phase, but she might not be a good mixed phase option due to her sub-par speed. Thoughts on what I should do for A skill inheritance?

The rest of my team:

Spoiler

OG L'arachel + 3, 

36 Hp, 58 Atk, 43 spd, 28 res, (ish) 20 def(ish)

Glimmer

Life and Death 4

Desperation

Res tactic

Spd + 3 seal

Spoiler

OG M! Corrin, + 1, S support with H! Kagero and summoner support

54 Hp, 58 atk, 42 spd, 35 res, 36 def

Dragon fang

Distant counter

Vantage

Spd Tactic

Hp/res 2

Spoiler

B! Camilla +1

Base kit equipped + live to serve

Edited by Benice

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

One of my best units is H! Kagero. Her stat spread is about 54 atk, 23 (but evectively 31 via supports/Tactics) 37 def and 37 res. I'm having her run Swift Sparrow 3, (which I know was a mistake and a half) bold fighter 3, Def tactic 3 and the 2 movement at 100% HP seal. However, I have access to two sets of Fort. Def/Res 3, as well as Close counter. I'm not sure if I want to take away SS, and I want her to become more mixed phase, but she might not be a good mixed phase option due to her sub-par speed. Thoughts on what I should do for A skill inheritance?

A dual phase armor runs Bold Fighter-Quick Riposte, so Spd is not an issue.

I personally would not give ranged armor units a dual phase set since they have less stats to work with. Melee armor units would be better for dual phasing in my opinion due to having more stats.

I would run a unit with Smite or Reposition to get her into position instead of running Armored Boots. Once she gets into combat, she is not likely to use Armored Boots again, and generally Reposition and Smite should be sufficient to get her into position in the beginning of battle.

For her A slot, if you are using her as a dual phase armor unit, then I strongly recommend Close Counter. Having a dual phase unit that cannot counter attack against half the enemies on Enemy Phase kind of defeats the purpose of dual phase in my opinion. I would only skip Close Counter if you do not see enough melee units to warrant it; for example, if all the melee units you ever see are just melee Dancers/Singers and Dumas who do not pose much of a threat, then skipping Close Counter would be fine.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Noob question, but does it really cost 6000 Codes per path, or do the visible costs work like Renown rewards in 3H (i.e. the prices are just the cumulative cost you would have spent to get there)?

Thanks in advance!

It's 6000 unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It's 6000 unfortunately.

Well that sucks. I guess that just means you need to fully plan out what paths you want to use beforehand and save thoroughly until you can get there. For now I'll be saving up for CC+QR (otherwise known as HF!Xander) so I can get them in the unlikely event that Lyon ever gets a refine. Hopefully we get Atk/Spd Link in the 3-4* pool or as a GHB, since that'll save 4k codes for me as well.

Thank you very much!

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So, Flame Emperor with DC/Special Fighter. Which refine on Slaying Axe? Res?

I would go with Res Refinement to balance her stats out.

If you see mostly just physical units though, Def Refinement probably makes more sense, so it depends on the map and mode.

15 hours ago, XRay said:

A dual phase armor runs Bold Fighter-Quick Riposte, so Spd is not an issue.

I personally would not give ranged armor units a dual phase set since they have less stats to work with. Melee armor units would be better for dual phasing in my opinion due to having more stats.

I would run a unit with Smite or Reposition to get her into position instead of running Armored Boots. Once she gets into combat, she is not likely to use Armored Boots again, and generally Reposition and Smite should be sufficient to get her into position in the beginning of battle.

For her A slot, if you are using her as a dual phase armor unit, then I strongly recommend Close Counter. Having a dual phase unit that cannot counter attack against half the enemies on Enemy Phase kind of defeats the purpose of dual phase in my opinion. I would only skip Close Counter if you do not see enough melee units to warrant it; for example, if all the melee units you ever see are just melee Dancers/Singers and Dumas who do not pose much of a threat, then skipping Close Counter would be fine.

Forgot to mention that I now have access to Death Blow  4. Would you still recommend Close counter over Dsath Blow?

Edited by Benice

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Forgot to mention that I now have access to Death Blow  4. Would you still recommend Close counter over Dsath Blow?

I still lean towards Close Counter. As a dual phase unit, not being able counter attack against half the enemies on Enemy Phase kind of defeats the point of giving her Enemy Phase skills to begin with, especially if she is the primary combatant or super tank of the team. If she is not the primary combatant on the team, skipping Close Counter would be fine since there are other units who can take over melee range for Enemy Phase and she can just focus on dual phasing against ranged units. I would only skip Close Counter if you are absolutely sure you do not see enough melee units to warrant it. Outside of Duma, the most common melee units I see are Seliph, BH!Ike, and Drag Back cavalry from time to time; the former two are not units you want to deal with on Player Phase since a Vengeance or Bonfire trigger from them will probably kill her.

If you are going for a strictly Player Phase build, then sure, Death Blow-Bold Fighter is fine.

Edited by XRay