So the final poll results are here

Lightchao42

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm glad to see characters like Rebecca, Amelia, Mia, and Felicia did pretty well all things considered.

Rebecca is one of my favorite archers in the series but hardly anyone talks about her.

Rebecca is pretty high up there on my personal archers list! Now if she's my favorite...maybe? I haven't really put a lot of thought into it before. She actually might be thinking about it! :P:

5 hours ago, Thane said:

I'm overall pretty happy with the results, I must say! 

Soren was so close to the top 20! Damn! I would've loved for him to get some more recognition! I think if anything makes me salty here, it's that he would've been in 13:th place had they merged Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

And poor Lyon hardly got any votes, only 2300...sigh. Ah well, this is a cool list, and I wonder if it'll affect what characters Intelligent Systems will market from here on out; I think they didn't expect Lyn and Ike to be that popular.

Holy crap, I just noticed that there are 13.000 votes separating Lucina and Tharja, and another 10.000 separating Tharja and Corrin! Talk about a top-heavy list.

I'm still proud of him for getting so close despite the vote split! Heck, any character that had vote splits(Mia, Ike, Nepheene, Soren, etc) yet they still got such a high place makes me proud of them! :B):

There is such a gap between everyone and the top 3, it's quite amazing! 

4 hours ago, tailfin said:

The fact that Ike needed to merge his votes to best Lyn just shows you how popular she is. She sure has staying power.

Even then, you have to realize that she and Lucina were the only ones who gave Ike some competition! For the combined votes:

1. 3 - Ike - 51555
  2. 1 - Lyn - 49917
  3. 2 - Lucina - 48295
  4. 4 - Tharja - 29540
  5. 5 - Roy - 28982
  6. 6 - Hector - 27372
  7. 9 - Corrin (both) - 27290
  8. 7 - Camilla - 25766
  9. 12 - Marth - 24547
  10. 16 - Robin (both) - 24536
  11. 8 - Chrom - 23803

There's a 2000 vote gap between Ike and Lyn, 3000 between Ike and Lucina, and a 30,000 vote gap between Ike and Tharja(the same with Lyn and Lucina)!

Ike, Lyn, and Lucina were in a League WAY of their own! Even without the fusion of votes:

Placing Character Game Total Votes
1 Lyn The Blazing Blade 49917
2 Lucina Awakening 42875
3 Ike Path of Radiance 33871
4 Tharja Awakening 29540
5 Roy The Binding Blade 28982
6 Hector The Blazing Blade 26557
7 Camilla Fates 25766
8 Chrom Awakening 23803
9 Corrin (female) Fates 19599
10 Ike Radiant Dawn 17684

They stood high above the rest with quite a gap!:Lyn:

I'm so happy for those 3! :D:

I still hate Lucina with a passion and find Lyn pretty boring. But the Ike love is indeed so beautiful. He's in the top ten overall twice and the only character with that distinction by a long shot! This is more impressive than anything!

8 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Fairly pleased with the male Top 10-- the female one is worth bemoaning, but I'd rather not add to the salt prominently on display here.

giphy.gif

Question is...does it rival Smash Bros salt? :P:

Edited by Busterman64

27 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

I think the only thing that has rivaled Smash salt is the Democrats post-election.

It's kinda disheartening to see the Female top ten basically be a "most objectified" list. It is what it is, though.

I am for the most part happy with the results voted for Lucina, Roy, Hector and Lyn ^^ annoyed though at the thing about the female list being decryed as only most objectified/fan service list -,-' sure camilla and tharja probably got so high because of the fanservice but the rest not quite. I am also sure Ike (or for example niles) got as high as he did partly because of fangirls liking him for similar reasons to the fanboys whom are into camilla/tharja. 

Lyn #1

Lucina #2

Robin #8

Favorite 3 all made top 10, 'Content' is a mild way of putting how I feel right now. 

Also Dorcas, my cousin and I were rather surprised he made it up to 12th. Guess he got a poison tester for his drinks.

Edited by Tarastel

22 minutes ago, Erchamion said:

I am for the most part happy with the results voted for Lucina, Roy, Hector and Lyn ^^ annoyed though at the thing about the female list being decryed as only most objectified/fan service list -,-' sure camilla and tharja probably got so high because of the fanservice but the rest not quite. I am also sure Ike (or for example niles) got as high as he did partly because of fangirls liking him for similar reasons to the fanboys whom are into camilla/tharja. 

Except Ike, especially in PoR, isn't objectified or sexualized?

He is attractive, but not blatant fanservice like Camilla and Tharja.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You can write a book on how much fanservice Camilla and Tharja give....ESPECIALLY Camilla.

The vote splitting seems to have basically been one big screw you to PoR characters not named Ike and the Awakening Trio; not sure if it was done intentionally or just plain incompetence. Nowi would be nowhere if they'd done it correctly (characters listed in their game of origin only).

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except Ike, especially in PoR, isn't objectified or sexualized?

I was mostly talking about the fans though (the ones that solely voted because Ike is a hunk/tharja is hot), I know Camilla and Tharja are sexualized by design. Ike from RD (also top 10) is a bit mor fanservicey though but no more than say Eirika. Niles on the other hand... 

And my point about the poll as a whole still stands, the other top females are mostly lords or avatars just like the male poll how is that a disgrace!

I just sense quite some hypocrisy from this thread

Edited by Erchamion

Woo! I was worried Leo had lost his popularity, but he's still made it to Top 10. Glad to see that Gaius did nicely as well, although I'm a bit surprised at how badly Inigo/Laslow did.

(I hope they create banners based on these results, because I'm still hoarding all my orbs for Leo.)

Also most of the Male Top 10 are red units, which makes me really happy. I was worried the meta would change, but with this my Azura can continue wrecking. -^-

Edited by Minischew

I like and dislike how a character from Thracia 776 is 776th

Anyway, I don't have many problems with the results I am really happy to see Marth, Ephraim, Roy and Takumi in the Top ten, tough I admit I am a bit disappointed to not see Laslow, since I expected to see him at least in Top 20. W

Very happy with Ike and Lyn being the winners! I voted for both and it's nice to see love for the older games in general in the top 10.

It's a bit sad going down the entire list seeing some other favourites rank quite low. But I think it's more due to neglect than dislike. Most people probably focused on voting for characters more likely to win overall.

Are some still complaining about fanservice? Almost anything is considered fanservice not just sex appeal... Also its ashame some can't be happy for others choices in the top 10 choices they want get their spot regardless of reasons and no not everyone pick certain characters for just looks only...yes some characters some want didn't break 20 don't take it out on other choices that did. I for one am happy for those whose characters they voted for got high like for me I happy Lyn, Eirika, Micaiah, Tharja,  Hector, Lucina, Ike, Roy and Ephraim are top 10 and my girl Lyn officially is highest ranked overall! Its just the fun of it all that should matter.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

3 hours ago, Busterman64 said:

We don't have people yelling about how Tharja, Camilla, and Female Corrin shouldn't be in FE Heroes/Warriors.  We don't hold a candle to the Smash fanbase in terms of saltiness.

16 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Are some still complaining about fanservice?

I think the reason why some people complain about fanservice is because they don't like it when it's obvious that the writers are pandering to them.  It isn't even necessarily about disliking sexualization; it's the fact that the writers are trying to excuse what might be bad writing by treating you to a menu of desirable things and special treatment so that you might not be mad about consuming their potentially awful content.  At least that's how I feel when I talk about fanservice.

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, it seems people think boobs, cosplaying, and sexual clothes make a female instead of strength, personality, etc.

And people wonder why I feel like I would never be a man's ideal lover simply due to being rather flat chested, reluctant to show much skin, and looking 16 instead of nearly 26...

I could list a hundred female FE characters that I think are stronger, more personable, and all around better characters than a number of the top female picks.  But that would be pointless because that would mean I missed the point of the poll, which is that it was all in good fun.  Also, a lot of the good female characters aren't major characters, and thus are naturally less notorious.  But rest assured, I and probably a number of other guys think that a lot of those characters are little more than shameless pandering.

I'm fairly indifferent to sexualization as a whole, but I definitely am not a fan of Camilla and Tharja, not even design-wise.  I am inclined to like modesty more, though.  Either that, or non-sexualized flashiness.  'Cuz I'm not sure you could exactly call Oboro or some of the other nobles/royals "modest" in their clothing choices.

I'm pleased with the top 10 males, though.  At least, I don't think any of them don't deserve it aside from maybe Robin.  But then again, I think I just have a thing against Mary Sues in general, and honestly... Robin isn't nearly the worst.

Am I the only one who is actually starting to question the choice to include Lords (and Avatars) in the poll? Let's leave aside the fact that I don't particularly like most of them: they dominate the competition so much it's not even funny. I think it would have been a much more interesting poll had hey decided to leave them out.

Also, FE4 did so bad I'm kind of changing my mind about a possible FE4 remake... so little love for my little gem... :cry: