Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

What's the cutoff for staying in Tier 20? I have 4,862 points for a rank of 6,419 compared to 4,551 to stay, so I'm not sure if it's worth burning crests to try to get a score in like the 4,870s.

most likely 4990 ish or so

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Hilda said:

most likely 4990 ish or so

It should be around 4920 -  4930.
I'm at 4940 and remain in tier 20. (Place 3,106 from 4,551 who are remaining in tier 20)

Edited by Stroud

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Does anyone have info from close to the cutoff?

I was at 4922 points this morning and quickly falling off in the ranks, no way that makes it. I was rank 4100 or something out of 4550~ people making the cut off.

Now I'm at 4936 points and I think I'm pretty safe, so somewhere around 4928 points is probably the cut off.

Edited by Nitramyte

When did the cutoff to get into tier 20 increase? I just finished my arena run of this week, and with a score of 4814 I am at a 12550, when the cutoff for promotion is at rank 10732. I was used to getting to tier 20 with anything above 4800, and most of the time even lower. I assumed that, with a bunch of dancers as bonus units, the cutoff would get lower, not higher. Was it like this last week? I was in tier 20 on my usual way down to 19, so I don't know if that started then or not.

I could give Bike Aether and Beorc's Blessing back, but since I got an anti-meta Inigo (which, as a side note, sounds horrible, btw, much better the Spanish Íñigo), I gave him Ignis and Vantage to laugh in the face of all melee units. If by increasing my score a bit I can get to 20 I can try, if the cutoff is too high I won't bother, 18 is still 4 orbs, after all.

Edited by Taim Meich

7 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

Was it like this last week? I was in tier 20 on my usual way down to 19, so I don't know if that started then or not.

It was, and I was also surprised by it. I had to change my team around to go from 4820s to 4830s.

also yay another spanish person. Mi padre nació en Granada.

2 minutes ago, Ranulfo said:

It was, and I was also surprised by it. I had to change my team around to go from 4820s to 4830s.

also yay another spanish person. Mi padre nació en Granada.

Ah, dang. I don't know if I'll bother changing my team, then. Alphonse instead of Inigo and Bike with Aether and BB will probably be enough point-wise, but then Rein and/or BLyn with a Reposition partner make things very complicated. Being able to counter kill them is crucial.

Curiosamente, yo soy de Granada...

17 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

Ah, dang. I don't know if I'll bother changing my team, then. Alphonse instead of Inigo and Bike with Aether and BB will probably be enough point-wise, but then Rein and/or BLyn with a Reposition partner make things very complicated. Being able to counter kill them is crucial.

Curiosamente, yo soy de Granada...

Papá, nadie en internet está intentando robarme el número de la tarjeta de crédito, fuera de mi foro de Fire Emblem.

I wonder what caused this change in the point cutoff? Could it really be the free CYL unit everyone got? Going from a 4790s cutoff to 4830s is pretty steep, and I also thought the bonus units' poor bst would make it even lower if anything. I hope it doesn't get worse or I will go back to the tier 18-19 rotation... Which ain't too bad, still a good amount of orbs and feathers, but it will hurt my pride if all my friends manage to keep rotating between 19 and 20.

Sorry if this has been answered/discussed already, I have not really looked at this thread before.

Edited by Ranulfo

7 minutes ago, Ranulfo said:

Papá, nadie en internet está intentando robarme el número de la tarjeta de crédito, fuera de mi foro de Fire Emblem.

I wonder what caused this change in the point cutoff? Could it really be the free CYL unit everyone got? Going from a 4790s cutoff to 4830s is pretty steep, and I also thought the bonus units' poor bst would make it even lower if anything. I hope it doesn't get worse or I will go back to the tier 18-19 rotation... Which ain't too bad, still a good amount of orbs and feathers, but it will hurt my pride if all my friends manage to keep rotating between 19 and 20.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I have not really looked at this thread before.

Upgraded Sacred Seals give more point, also PA!Azura as a Dancer that has a Legendary Weapon and higher BST then ranged Dancers. In general dont use anything else then Infantery/Armor units or your points will blow unless heavily merged or has a Legendary weapon. i scored 5120ish or so. And in this new wonderland i do encounter occasionally Horse units, but i never encountered a full Horse Emblem Team ever again so far. There is 1 Reinhardt or 1 BLyn in the Team, +10 fully merged, but they both run Legendary weapons and are usually accompanied by other infantery/armored units.

The Teams i encounter consist mostly of +10 merged:

Hector/Effy/Amelia/B!Ike/Ike/occasionally Ryoma/Blyn/Reinhardt/Lukas/"some fucking Dragonstone chicken that fucks up my run"/Nino/Eirika/PA!Azura/occ. Celica

Usually everyone is running Distant Counter + Aether or Galeforce or some other crap (yes even the Dancers). I heard even higher up its all Super Sheena and Gwendolyn sisters land!

2 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Yes, the season that first included Brave Ike and Lyn showed a rather noticeable jump in threshold requirement for anything related to Tier 20. Since Sacred Seals also influence scoring, the introduction of the Forge has caused yet another threshold bump.

Welp I'm screwed then. I guess I'll have to upgrade the seals with the highest score associated to them next season if I wanna have any chance of going back to tier 20, specially if my only bonus unit turns out to be Cecilia.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Upgraded Sacred Seals give more point, also PA!Azura as a Dancer that has a Legendary Weapon and higher BST then ranged Dancers. In general dont use anything else then Infantery/Armor units or your points will blow unless heavily merged or has a Legendary weapon. i scored 5120ish or so. And in this new wonderland i do encounter occasionally Horse units, but i never encountered a full Horse Emblem Team ever again so far. There is 1 Reinhardt or 1 BLyn in the Team, +10 fully merged, but they both run Legendary weapons and are usually accompanied by other infantery/armored units.

The Teams i encounter consist mostly of +10 merged:

Hector/Effy/Amelia/B!Ike/Ike/occasionally Ryoma/Blyn/Reinhardt/Lukas/"some fucking Dragonstone chicken that fucks up my run"/Nino/Eirika/PA!Azura/occ. Celica

Usually everyone is running Distant Counter + Aether or Galeforce or some other crap (yes even the Dancers). I heard even higher up its all Super Sheena and Gwendolyn sisters land!

I do know a bit about high merge arena thanks to a whale friend I have (the distant counter everything just for score amuses me) but wow am I far from the point you're at. Someday I'll +10 my darling Rebecca. Someday.

I also assumed not EVERYONE would manage to get the new Azura, and those using the lower bst dancers would cause the cutoff to be lower...

At the very least I'm glad to hear Fae and Gwendolyn are flourishing up there. Keep going strong gurls

Edited by Ranulfo

Anyone find this map rotation harder to get defense wins?

Finally relieved I had one on the second account after nothing all week. Decided to take drastic measures and retired Cecilia and Reinhardt, and used BK+1 with QR and Distant Defense SS, Vantage Hector with Panic Ploy SS, PA!Olivia with WoM and finally gave Brave Lyn a Brave Bow+.

I'm guessing armours are better for defense in fort tile map rotations?

edit:

Also in my main, I amusingly got a second defense win while SP grinding PA!Azura in the Warriors map. Thing is, I took Sing off her that time so she can be danced in the Camilla map!

Edited by mcsilas

I would like to use Deirdre in Arena, but without merges and blue/red Generals I can forget this (If I want to stay in Tier 20)...
At least the next 2 weeks are possible for me. I can farm feathers and use them for tiki and look if I get a good Gwendolyn/Effie. 

So, these dancers season just show me how my -Atk Dancer Inigo... isn't doing much damages. TA3 is so much needed. Hopefully, I had a 5* Cordelia for that.

4660 last season (one death), 4782 this season (deathless ! And didn't avoid these Mix-Horse-Emblem I encountered, because I had one full run already done when I was redoing one run for the gauntlet's flag). Team :

Spoiler

463128Arena23.png

Inigo get one level and TA2 during this season (that explain this higher score in this season).

Fully Buffed Katarina is capable to one round Reinhardt, and OS Hector. That helped me so much. Dancing was really useful, but since Inigo can't do anything alone... I think I'll keep my Healing Alm as fourth slot for my primary arena team. And I didn't got one defense all this time !

I was down to tier 17 last season, but I'll surely go up to 18 tomorrow. 2681th actually.

This next season banner... is really unhelpful. What sould I do....

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Next season's Arena bonus heroes are announced.

Tiki gets to be a bonus hero again.

Oh my! I'm glad Y!Tiki is going to be a bonus unit this week. I have a fully equipped one and while Tailtiu is great I'm saving my feathers for Ayra.

Weekly score time:

• Tier 20 score of 4984 (Nino +7 with Aether, Nowi +10, Eirika +1, PA!Inigo +2—yes, this somehow happened entirely with F2P orbs) - #1723/4597
  • Arena Assault score of 4994 (Nino +7 with Aether, Nowi +10, Eirika +1, Ike) - #1347

Since I couldn't draw additional Ninos or Eirikas between hitting both main banners, I kinda gave up on pushing the limit on Arena Assault for now. I am holding enough feathers that, whenever they do drop, I can easily merge them in. For now, I did gain one sort of side advantage in getting another 5* Sheena. Doing the math according to the rough formula from Reddit, I was able to determine that Sheena +1 with an AoE skill would roughly match my Ike's scoring value. This gains me no overall score, but does make it easier since now Sheena can let me at least not lose ground while freeing Ike up to kill stuff in the other AA rounds. Another long-term consideration is maybe using Chrom as my score booster instead, but I"ll have to check the math against Sheena.

One oddity this week is I got a random rogue 608 defense win. Since my wins are usually more in the 582-584 range, I suspect someone wanted to dump their imperfect run and just threw it at a random Beginner team and my team happened to be the team in question.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

17 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Weekly score time:

• Tier 20 score of 4984 (Nino +7 with Aether, Nowi +10, Eirika +1, PA!Inigo +2—yes, this somehow happened entirely with F2P orbs) - #1723/4597
  • Arena Assault score of 4994 (Nino +7 with Aether, Nowi +10, Eirika +1, Ike) - #1347

Since I couldn't draw additional Ninos or Eirikas between hitting both main banners, I kinda gave up on pushing the limit on Arena Assault for now. I am holding enough feathers that, whenever they do drop, I can easily merge them in. For now, I did gain one sort of side advantage in getting another 5* Sheena. Doing the math according to the rough formula from Reddit, I was able to determine that Sheena +1 with an AoE skill would roughly match my Ike's scoring value. This gains me no overall score, but does make it easier since now Sheena can let me at least not lose ground while freeing Ike up to kill stuff in the other AA rounds. Another long-term consideration is maybe using Chrom as my score booster instead, but I"ll have to check the math against Sheena.

One oddity this week is I got a random rogue 608 defense win. Since my wins are usually more in the 582-584 range, I suspect someone wanted to dump their imperfect run and just threw it at a random Beginner team and my team happened to be the team in question.

got a score of 5126 and defense 622. Ranked 194. This is a new high for me!

Arena Assault 5136 Rank 511, managed to get below the 1k rank for the first time!