Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mister Cold said:

The top in overal ranking is filled with #TeamSharena

I'm rank 39 in Sharena's army and rank 64 on the overall ranking. 

How much flags do you have left over?

11 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

Does anyone have any tips on who I should put in as my friend unit to help out Team Ephraim?

Right now I just have my +atk -hp Ephraim there like a boring person, but I don't know who else would be really helpful? Usually the first spot is reserved for Sanaki since I'm a Tellius fangirl, but I know she's not the best unit out there, hence me switching her out. Would Julia or Linde be a better choice?

Also is it just me, but so far I have seen a single Leo in the gauntlet battles, but Team Leo seems to be crawling with Takumis. I've never ran into this many Takumis even in the arena before.

Linde would be an excellent unit to use as your leader, both for your allies and for defense.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I used to be high yesterday… but then my flags ran out.

I feel like I'm the only one who has actually saved their flags 

@Eleanore Any strong magic user would be good. Linde is the best though

Just now, Arcanite said:

may actually be true. But why do it? Once I get them, I mostly get 100 at a time, sometimes 200, I just spend them

9 minutes ago, Kiran said:

We are now past the 8bill mark everyone! With 13 hours left on the clock, I wouldn't be surprised if we surpass the 10bill mark by the time the first round is over. 

Considering the John Cena beatdow...Lucina beatdown, bringing in over half of this just on round 1, I wouldn't be surprised if we did. I wish I was on a winning team here but hey, I'm ok with the free orbs!

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I gave everything for my princess!

Love is blind

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

may actually be true. But why do it? Once I get them, I mostly get 100 at a time, sometimes 200, I just spend them

Because I actually want Ephraim to win the finals instead of me contributing a measly 100 at the end. Pouring in all your flags makes no logical sense. Think of it this way. Let's say for 16 straight hours I play the game, use all my flags and get top score. My friend plays for 16 straight hours and uses none of her flags. Now I'm in round 2, all I can do is contribute 100 useless points, but my friend uses 300 flags and gets a pretty banging score too. Now I'm in round 3 STILL contributing 100 points and my friend vomits all of her flags into one huge mosh pit. In the end my friend gets more feathers than me. One can say "Oh, we all still get __ amount of orbs and __ amount of badges". Orbs and badges are not as much an issue as feathers, which are what everyone and their families are pining for. The day you say "I only need _____ amount of feathers to 5 star (Insert name here)" is the day your friend is says "Now I have enough feathers to 5 star ______!" I'm probably over thinking but hey, that's just me.

14 minutes ago, Mister Cold said:

None, she was the only hero I got (besides her brother) so I wasted all my flags on her for more points in the overall score. 

Every little bit helps. 

You still could've went team Ephraim and get 500 bonus feathers!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Love is blind

Because I actually want Ephraim to win the finals instead of me contributing a measly 100 at the end. Pouring in all your flags makes no logical sense. Think of it this way. Let's say for 16 straight hours I play the game, use all my flags and get top score. My friend plays for 16 straight hours and uses none of her flags. Now I'm in round 2, all I can do is contribute 100 useless points, but my friend uses 300 flags and gets a pretty banging score too. Now I'm in round 3 STILL contributing 100 points and my friend vomits all of her flags into one huge mosh pit. In the end my friend gets more feathers than me. One can say "Oh, we all still get __ amount of orbs and __ amount of badges". Orbs and badges are not as much an issue as feathers, which are what everyone and their families are pining for. The day you say "I only need _____ amount of feathers to 5 star (Insert name here)" is the day your friend is says "Now I have enough feathers to 5 star ______!" I'm probably over thinking but hey, that's just me.

I support the hero I want first, the next step is join the bandwagon for EZ 500 feathers. 

Well, I'm saving my flags to make sure we don't lose to Chrom. However, if the match against him turns out like this one against Leo, I'll be saving my flags for the final. 

Also, those who spend their flags now will have none left for the next 2 rounds, which means that their leaderboard score will be fairly low for the next matches, since we can't whale for more flags (thankfully)

43 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You can still join another team in the next round, my fellow Sharena supporter.

Yeah if only supporting her gave us some bonus to unlock her potential...I want to put the three """original""" characters to 5stars but I doubt I'll ever get enough feathers ...

I'll try picking the winning sides so I get more feathers for the other rounds. Maybe I should save some flags though... I have no idea how to manage this, I don't really want to invest too much in this game

5 minutes ago, zorkovitch said:

I'll try picking the winning sides so I get more feathers for the other rounds. Maybe I should save some flags though... I have no idea how to manage this, I don't really want to invest too much in this game

If by "invest" you mean time then save your feathers. If you're busy you won't be able to battle every thirty minutes so save them for a time you can shoot them all put at once.

38 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

40 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Linde would be an excellent unit to use as your leader, both for your allies and for defense.

Thanks, both of you! I'll put in Linde for now as leader for the gauntlet. Sanaki is going back after it since she deserves to be on the throne in the castle though. 

And I used about 250 flags already, but I'm saving the rest for either going against Chrom or Lucina. Kind of depending on how the fights goes. And if Eirika wins against Lucina by some miracle I might throw all my flags on Round 2 to help her out on round 3 since pretty much the only reason I choose Ephraim over Eirika is that I actually have him.

45 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

16 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Well, I'm saving my flags to make sure we don't lose to Chrom. However, if the match against him turns out like this one against Leo, I'll be saving my flags for the final. 

Also, those who spend their flags now will have none left for the next 2 rounds, which means that their leaderboard score will be fairly low for the next matches, since we can't whale for more flags (thankfully)

I'm also saving for the finals (Or Chrom, if it gets tough). I only spent 5 trying to get a better ranking, but it only worked at the very start, when I could make it to rank 10,000-. Now I'm back to 35,000~ on the Ephraim rank.

On a side note: The gauntlet made me realize Ephraim is quite a nice unit. I hadn't  used him nor tried to roll for him because people kept complaining his skillset wouldn't stack, but I already regret it now (not that I would get him even if I tried, of course. I still haven't rolled a single devotion character).

Edited by r4v1sh

I hate it when I field three Lucinas, particularly if I'm going up against a magic user AND a Takumi (sigh)... This is why I'm making Lissa my leader now. ><

@Eleanore For reference I'm using Linde in Ephraims army which is going rather well, only lost one game against 2 takumis + robin but there's lights blessing so cough cough.

Resisting the urge not to use flags is hard, need all the flags I can get to beat Luciana , (hopefully they all used their flags already hehehe). I shall have a nice rank at the end, I'm at 15,100 on ephraims army and rank 22,000. Slowly going down as more people use flags. Don't have a total rank anymore.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Love is blind

I'm blowing all my flags on Sharena because that's the best way for me to minmax overall points. The only other character I have from the tourny is Chrom, who almost certainly isn't going to lose to his daughter (hell, I'm even pretty skeptical about his upcoming match-up with Ephraim). Had the Princesses banner not screwed me over (42 orbs for complete garbage) and given me Lucina, I might have changed my strategy to gun for moderate gain in every round, but as is, it's better for me to minmax my points with Sharena for highest possible Round 1 and overall incomes, then just coast the next two rounds with Lucina for an easy 2x 1000 feathers.

20 minutes ago, Kiran said:

It seems we have now reached the 10bill milestone! Thats 20 free orbs for everyone! Now lets all wait and see if nintendo will up the prizes again. 

I hope so!!  I need those orbs!!!

Current votes for each team:

Lucina 3,503,623,688             Sharena 1,338,515,813

Eirika 1,321,266,782               Elise 489,131,339

Ephraim 1,232,088,744          Leo 960,663,377

Chrom 968,876,948                Alfonse 255,544,885