Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Reiska said:

Thanks!  This is actually really helpful, going to save this for reference.

What would you use in place of Triangle Adept if you're really unlucky and have never pulled Roy?  Fury?

Yeah, just use Fury. If they are melee units, they could use a Gem Weapon instead.

I'd like to get some thoughts on a couple things.

First, I have a +Spd/-Atk Eirika, and I'm pondering what to put on her A and B passives. Her primary job is to be a buffer, so she's running Rally Def and Res, and Hone Spd 3. I do not have Fury 3 or TA fodder at the moment, and I have limited Hanas for LnD2, so I'd prefer to conserve them, since Eirika's Atk stat will only reach a pretty mediocre 43. So, with that in mind, I'm thinking that perhaps Darting Blow might be a good option, along with Green Tomebreaker. I think this would let her function reasonably well as a mage killer.

Second, I have a +Spd/-Atk Karel, and I was contemplating promoting Fir to 5* and giving her the Wo Dao+. The +Spd/-Atk Karel is very similar in stats, to a +Spd Fir, and I want to make a Fir that's usable, just because I like her. It's also fitting that Karel should give her his sword. Now, I have 2 Firs to choose from: +Atk/-HP, and +Spd/-Res. Thoughts on which one to choose? I'm inclined to go with the +Atk one, with an LnD2 build + Moonbow. This would give her 46 Atk and 40 Spd, that's pretty solid, and her Res stat is still pretty good at 27. The Moonbow + Wo Dao gives a nice damage burst. Thoughts?

Edited by Astellius

20 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I'd like to get some thoughts on a couple things.

First, I have a +Spd/-Atk Eirika, and I'm pondering what to put on her A and B passives. Her primary job is to be a buffer, so she's running Rally Def and Res, and Hone Spd 3. I do not have Fury 3 or TA fodder at the moment, and I have limited Hanas for LnD2, so I'd prefer not to conserve them, since Eirika's Atk stat will only reach a pretty mediocre 43. So, with that in mind, I'm thinking that perhaps Darting Blow might be a good option, along with Green Tomebreaker. I think this would let her function reasonably well as a mage killer.

Second, I have a +Spd/-Atk Karel, and I was contemplating promoting Fir to 5* and giving her the Wo Dao+. The +Spd/-Atk Karel is very similar in stats, to a +Spd Fir, and I want to make a Fir that's usable, just because I like her. It's also fitting that Karel should give her his sword. Now, I have 2 Firs to choose from: +Atk/-HP, and +Spd/-Res. Thoughts on which one to choose? I'm inclined to go with the +Atk one, with an LnD2 build + Moonbow. This would give her 46 Atk and 40 Spd, that's pretty solid, and her Res stat is still pretty good at 27. The Moonbow + Wo Dao gives a nice damage burst. Thoughts?

If you are going with G Tomebreaker, I would change Darting Blow to Death Blow if you have that, so she can deal with units like Boey and Merric, and she should still be fast enough to double most Axe units.

I would go with +Atk. She is fast enough that she does not need +Spd.

Edited by XRay

I'm wondering if I should give Guard 3 to my Brave Ike, even if this skill has some conditions, maybe it could be useful? Could anyone give me advice if it could be great for him? He's quite bulky, and every turns at max hp ; thanks!

1 hour ago, Metakirby said:

I'm wondering if I should give Guard 3 to my Brave Ike, even if this skill has some conditions, maybe it could be useful? Could anyone give me advice if it could be great for him? He's quite bulky, and every turns at max hp ; thanks!

I think both skills are good for countering Reinhardt, so if you do not see a lot of cavalry teams, I would go with Guard since it is covers infantry and armor units too.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have enough feathers to upgrade a couple of raven tomes to counter BowLyn. Which units would you suggest? I don't really mind the color. (They will also inherite TA and bow breaker so speed isn't a big issue).

Units available: Sophia (+res -atk), Julia (+atk), Soren (+spd), Cecilia/Henry/Robin (any boon required), Sonya (-atk +res), Sanaki, Linde, Summer Corrin (+atk), Olwen (-atk...), Merric.

Edited by Okigen

2 hours ago, Okigen said:

I currently have enough feathers to upgrade a couple of raven tomes to counter BowLyn. Which units would you suggest? I don't really mind the color. (They will also inherite TA and bow breaker so speed isn't a big issue).

Units available: Sophia (+res -atk), Julia (+atk), Soren (+spd), Cecilia/Henry/Robin (any boon required), Sonya (-atk +res), Sanaki, Linde, Summer Corrin (+atk), Olwen (-atk...), Merric.

Sophia, Cecilia, Henry, Robin, and Merric are good. The others are a bit shaky due to their low Defense, and the ones with decent natures are better off as nukes; it is a waste of Julia's, Soren's, and NS!Corrin's potential if you give them a Raven build. Raven mages needs a stat distribution that is different from Blade mages.

New question: So I have a +SPD -HP Oscar. His defense is ok enough for a Bonfire, but not great. I mean, he can take on the Black Knight mano-a-mano. I went on gamepress and looked at the top specials people put on him and they are all offensive skills. That's fine and all, but his defenses are just so low that I was thinking he might fare better with a defensive special like Escutcheon or Pavise.

So between the two, which do you think would be better on Oscar? I am thinking with his high speed, Pavise might be able to process nearly as often as Escutcheon. I'm running Sapphire+, so I wouldn't intentionally be facing axe users like Hec. Mages and now users are still a threat no matter the color, so those anti-range skills might be worthwhile too, but since he is a melee unit, I  think melee defense is better... Or would an offensive skill still be better? 

21 minutes ago, TheouAegis said:

New question: So I have a +SPD -HP Oscar. His defense is ok enough for a Bonfire, but not great. I mean, he can take on the Black Knight mano-a-mano. I went on gamepress and looked at the top specials people put on him and they are all offensive skills. That's fine and all, but his defenses are just so low that I was thinking he might fare better with a defensive special like Escutcheon or Pavise.

So between the two, which do you think would be better on Oscar? I am thinking with his high speed, Pavise might be able to process nearly as often as Escutcheon. I'm running Sapphire+, so I wouldn't intentionally be facing axe users like Hec. Mages and now users are still a threat no matter the color, so those anti-range skills might be worthwhile too, but since he is a melee unit, I  think melee defense is better... Or would an offensive skill still be better? 

The entire point of running Escutcheon at all is to use it with a Brave Lance so that it activates on the first enemy counterattack, typically to help activate Desperation. Using any other weapon (other than Firesweep Lance) with Escutcheon defeats the purpose of running Escutcheon in the first place.

Even if you are running Oscar with a Brave Lance, his physical bulk is high enough to survive the counterattack from anything that matters, meaning it's more effective to run an offensive special skill to increase the number of one-round kills he achieves instead of running a defensive special skill to decrease the number of losses on the counterattack (i.e. he'll get more wins with an offensive special skill than he'll avoid losses with a defensive special skill).

42 minutes ago, TheouAegis said:

Triangle Adept/Gem Weapon builds are usually reserved for units with subpar stat distribution so they can serve as counters to specific units for Arena Assault. For normal Arena, you generally want to use as many nukes as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to invest into the archers that I have. I have every archer except S!Gaius.

The problem I have is that I can't think of what to do with the more average archers that fill no niche.

Here is what I have planned:

-HP+RES Faye: I fought someone with a super tanky fay and so I am building her tanky with QR slayer before feeding her to Firesweep to Lyn after maxing HM.

+ATK-DEF Bow Lyn: Default build with PRF weapon (until Fire Sweep+cancel affinity, you can't cure cancer).

-ATK+SPD B!Cordelia: usual Bravebow LAD

-ATK+SPD Takumi: CC Vantage. -ATK sucks but an All range counter unit is never bad.

-HP+ATK Klein: default Brave Deathblow. Why fix what isn't broken.

-Res+ATK Leon: BraveDeathblow. highest bursting archer I have aside from +ATK Lyn which can fill more roles than him.

-Res+ATK Inness: Nighog is nice. -Res kinda ruins his ability to tank magic though.

Nils: Mage killer with Slayer Bow.

Gordan: bowbreaker anti Lyn.

Average archers that I don't know what to do with but don't have the resources to give Brave+Deathblow/LAD to. They seem interchangeable and not worth investing into.

+SPD-Res/-HP 4*Jeorge or -RES+HP 5*Jeorge: PRF is kinda useless on him...

-Res+ATK Rebecca: her stats are just way too spread out... Faye is at least slow and tanky.

Clarisse: I want to give her my non existant Windsweep... until then she suffers from being average.

Virion: I don't have the resources to give him Fire Boost and Panic Ploy to take advantage of his high HP.

Setsuna: Maximum powercreep. My -HP+SPD Bridelia is better than her +ATK...

I guess I could give them Slayer+Luna+breaker. Any advice is welcomed.

4 hours ago, Clogon said:

I have decided to invest into the archers that I have. I have every archer except S!Gaius.

The problem I have is that I can't think of what to do with the more average archers that fill no niche.

Here is what I have planned:

-HP+RES Faye: I fought someone with a super tanky fay and so I am building her tanky with QR slayer before feeding her to Firesweep to Lyn after maxing HM.

+ATK-DEF Bow Lyn: Default build with PRF weapon (until Fire Sweep+cancel affinity, you can't cure cancer).

-ATK+SPD B!Cordelia: usual Bravebow LAD

-ATK+SPD Takumi: CC Vantage. -ATK sucks but an All range counter unit is never bad.

-HP+ATK Klein: default Brave Deathblow. Why fix what isn't broken.

-Res+ATK Leon: BraveDeathblow. highest bursting archer I have aside from +ATK Lyn which can fill more roles than him.

-Res+ATK Inness: Nighog is nice. -Res kinda ruins his ability to tank magic though.

Nils: Mage killer with Slayer Bow.

Gordan: bowbreaker anti Lyn.

Average archers that I don't know what to do with but don't have the resources to give Brave+Deathblow/LAD to. They seem interchangeable and not worth investing into.

+SPD-Res/-HP 4*Jeorge or -RES+HP 5*Jeorge: PRF is kinda useless on him...

-Res+ATK Rebecca: her stats are just way too spread out... Faye is at least slow and tanky.

Clarisse: I want to give her my non existant Windsweep... until then she suffers from being average.

Virion: I don't have the resources to give him Fire Boost and Panic Ploy to take advantage of his high HP.

Setsuna: Maximum powercreep. My -HP+SPD Bridelia is better than her +ATK...

I guess I could give them Slayer+Luna+breaker. Any advice is welcomed.

You pretty much summed up what to do with each archer. Only some additions:

- Jeorge can be good with brave + deathblow as well. Mine is +ATK and is slightly better than Klein +ATK. You could build Klein with swordbreaker and the Jeorge with lancebreaker. 

- Your Rebecca has got the same SPD but higher ATK than Clarisse (+SPD Jeorge is better in both stats with his bow btw.), plus built in Darting Blow. Perhaps she would be the better candidate for wind/water sweep? 

- You have the perfect Leon for the Brave built. Mine is -ATK and I run him with slaying bow, QR/Bowbreaker, Ignis/Bonfire to counter BH!Lyn which works fine. Perhaps you have another Leon or even Gordin for this build?